Toyota could've won

Toyota could've won.

I would've bought this new.

Would buy, rather have this than the Yaris rally car they been experimenting with.

Toyota needed something like this...

OOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Amerifat couldn't fit

So, the 86?

Why are jap legs so nice

>300lbs heavier
>inferior boxer engine

No, that. A lightweight, pure purpose, in house, entry level price point car, designed to get people interested in driving again

its all they got

They will win.

MR2 W40 2020

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

SF-R SHITS GET OUT

I want a cheap, sporty, Toyota so bad but this is just too ugly.

its face, its so angery and confused

The only good toyota released these days are pure fantasy concept cars. Even the supra, If it comes out, is going to look and drive like shit, mark my words.

ANGERY

Even the factory riced TRD one looks nice. Would have bought it

cute angry pikachu

this is beyond gay

STOP BUYING MIATAS REEEEEE

>inferior
Enjoy your shit CoG.

The factory riced one is the best version IMO. It's cute as hell.

With Toyota selling this and Nissan selling the IDx we could have had a new mini-resurgence in fun, entry-level daily sports cars.

Fuck I wanted an IDx.

CUUUUUUUUUUTE!

> ANGERYY

But user, they smile at me!

they're only making like 100 of those anyways and 0 for the US

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASE

86 was supposed to be lighter in pre-production as well, before beancounters got a hold of it.

What makes anyone think this would be any different?

Some tuning shop japan is gonna make a fortune selling "happy sfr face" conversions for that.

Literally all they had to do was complete the oval of the headlights and refit the hood and it'd be a Miata com petitor.

H A P P Y F R O G
A
P
P
Y

F
R
O
G

wtf, this looks so much better and even more japanese.

why didn't they think of going this route?

10/10 better than original

They have wasted money making a concept mid engine hybrid car similar to mr2 but they canned the idea I forgot what they called it

MR2 GERMAN..... jk it's grmn

The fact that people like this think the gt86 is more like the ae86 than just being a modern 240sx. Similar specs and size, not at all like the ae86.

I really am confident it will be brought to life some time in the 20's. Toyota is all over the internet saying they dont want to be seen as boring and want to add character back into the cars. The plan is supposedly a 3 tier Toyota sports car lineup with the new supra at the stop, gt86 in the middle and a new smaller lighter car at the bottom. I believe it could easily be this or some new mid engine car. Just gotta keep our heads up boys!

it's the Yaris. Sorry.

HOOPLA

hahaha you could totally be right but im trying to be hopeful!

Would this even get the soccer mom stamp of approval in North America?

one seater.

Yea. I saw. I hope the hybrid mid ecoshit concept stays dead forever

The second prototype (sorry, not a final version) is being shown at the October Tokyo Auto Show.

The looks could change dramatically for the final version.
Remember, pic related is the FR-S.

It's unlikely they'll make it happy though, because it's trendy right now to make everything angery. Hopefully they'll try to be trend setters rather than trend followers, but I'm not holding my breath.