Be me

>be me
>buy BRZ while living in South Carolina
>go through career change
>live in Michigan
>god damned winter wonderland

So the winters are a nightmare, its a god damn slip and slide. This BRZ is pretty wild in the snow and ice. I need to do something but I love this car but why find a new one and have to put more money down to keep my payments equal or lower.

>Get new tires and throw sandbags in my trunk?
>just have winter tires put on or get a set of rims and tires
>if I get rims to go with the tires should I go wider?

the tires on BRZs are comically narrow

winter tires + sandbags done solved

or just dagumi it

Get winter tires. They made a huge. Difference on my miata.

Winter tyres and you're good

Should I get a set of rims that are wider?

Same question^

Assume I have the money for 4 rimes under $120/. That way I can make the swap on my own in the garage.

>Tyres
Love you eurofags kek.

Welcome to the worst roads in the nation, homie. What part of MI?

I drove a mustang gt through a horrible winter a few years back, and a z31 300zx in snow with no issues. Sandbags band good winter tires, stay low gear.

Get winter tires you dipshit. That's always the most important thing when it comes to winter driving. Make sure they're good too.

Yes, wider is better. Just keep a light foot on the throttle. Don't pump brakes, etc.

Sandbags are entirely optional. I don't use them, and I live in Canada (the cold, snowy part of Canada)

South east, I commute into Detroit. Its a fucking killing field.
Low gear, sand bags, check. Winter tires... working on it.

Deep north eh? I might do the rim/tire combo and go wider for obvious reasons. Recommend on tires?

>buying a brz

buy a winter beater so the salt doesnt eat the car away

LSD + winter tires
don't be a retard

Considered that, hate having more than one vehicle. Especially the idea of a beat that might need maintenance.

Only Bridgestone. They make really good winter tires.

Neat, you have them on their own rims? Recommendation on rims?

Then fucking rust protect your car until it's too late. Spray it good and thick. Put

>having traction issues in snow
>should I buy winter tires?

That's how stupid this thread is.

>rims

oh, I get it

oh and in case this isn't bait, my v has well over double the power of your mememachine and I take it snowboarding every year without issue.

Any rims. Literally any. Smaller rims might get you better deal on tires because they really get more expansive the thinner they are.

Also not sure what you gave in US but here we have special spray to for hollow body spaces conservation

I'm in the same area, wonder if I've passed you, haha.

What kind of work? Why not buy a $500 Honda for winter and store the brz?

Looking for wider really, for more traction.

WSU student and a rent a cop haha. Ya fuck the honda. Spend $500 on the car, then a few hundred on tires, few grand on transmission. Then put a bullet in it after the head gasket blows. I fucking hate old cars.

vet a set of cheap steelies and some winter tires and have at it

make sure to give it frequent undercarriage washes to hinder salt corrosion

Haha, I get it man. Well, welcome to the area. Come to a meet some time, if we ever get one organized. If you need anything, feel free to email.

Traditionally winter tires are taller and narrower than summer tires. You don't want flotation, you want penetration.

Find the best of studded snows that fit your car and get a cheap set of steel wheels to put them on.

You actually wanna stay same width or go narrower like 10% for winter. They'll cut through the snow to the pavement or hardpack snow easier.

The winters aren't that bad.

dont listen to that retard wider isnt better for loose surface

buy blizzaks

In winter you don't need wide tires, you need them reasonably narrow.

Neat, didn’t know that. Thanks Veeky Forums.

Maybe I’ll throw winter tires on the stock rims and if I have the money next summer throw the money down on some nicer wheels and tires for summer.

That's exactly what I'd do.

Seconded

Was in the same position as you OP except with my FRS.

Went with blizzaks and an inch under stock (16"). Was about 1k all said and done (tires + steelies + tpms systems + mount and align) but I was a dumbass and bought in the dead of winter after thinking I could make it through on summer tires in northern Illinois.

Snow is no longer a problem. I wouldn't quite recommend sand bags as they can change the balance of the car unexpectedly but that's a personal opinion

>You don't want flotation, you want penetration.
Nonsense. More coverage is better, the more contact you have with the snow the more grip you will have.

Masterful

I drove my 300hp e92 335 in Canadian winter. Just get good winter tires and your meme mobile should handle Michigan just fine

Are you being retarded on purpose?

Had mine last winter. Blizzaks on stock rims, was a dream. Winter tires are like night and day. I was going up hills passing other cars that were getting stuck.

Just get a used AWD beater and use that 6 months out of the year.

Although really, owning a BRZ in michigan sounds painful. Coming from a fellow owner.

winter tires make all the difference

I’m gunna do that then. Get the blizzaks and when summer roles around get some wheels that are wider and get summer tires. So I’ll be pretty self sufficient.

>Aнтикoppoзиoннaя зaшитa кyзoвa

Здapoвa блять

I am with Semperit Winter Grip 2. I haven't gotten stuck anywhere, I would say the best I have ever ridden or driven in.

just man it up. when spring comes you'll be a much better driver.