Eve Online general /eog/

Trade mishaps edition

>What's EVE Online?
A dead game.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

dead thread

no u

Not asshole thread, just in case:

>asshole thread

for alpha mining, should I get 2 miners and just warp when enemies aproach? or should I get a railgun and resume mining after killing goons?

Mining where?

I'm still new as shit so I don't know optimal places to mine but I haven't found a corp yet

ALPHAS / NEW INTEREST

Feel free to make Gallente, as they can do drones for PvE.

It's also worth checking out capitals instead of spending all training on random frigate-cruiser SP.

That railgun will not help you in any way whatsoever, and you cannot multibox alpha accounts.

>kill npcs
>resume mining
are u retarded?

Which one did you pick? Caldari, Gallente, Amarr, Minmatar?

I completely misunderstood the question. I thought he was talking about two mining pilots, and that by "goons" he meant suicide gankers.

gallente

I mean 2 mining lazers not multibox you mongoloid

>alpha mining

also I'm shit out of cash and have no weapons since I died in PvP so I gotta grind a little bit for equiping my new frigate so I can start doing... you know, i don't exactly know

Maybe you should figure your shit out then.

I mean I haven't exactly seen npc enemy groups on my radar and I'm new so I know I'll get assraped by PvP

oh shit I'm retarded I can do the rest of military and security agent missions

There are no rats in asteroid belts in higher sec, 0.8 or 0.7 and higher or something. I don't care enough to find out exactly which.

I'm in 0.8, and the only enemy NPCs I see is when I'm occasionally attacked while mining

Gal/Min FW is like 40M/hr.

>230 dps

Why are there unclaimed systems in Fountain?

>mfw capital rigs are better to sell than battleship rigs

Do you have an argument, or do you think that's a PvP ship?

>scram
>not pvp

what is that?

Can you do chain referrals?
Alpha account #1 invites alpha account #2, which invites #3, then #4.
#4 goes Omega, which gives #3 30 days of Omega, and so on to #1?

no otherwise you could have one guy pay to give potentially thousands of people 30 days of free omega

It shuts off the rat micro IIRC.

I've been told that Fountain is a pain to resupply and move around in. This may be related. And/or it may just be that the locals don't want to bother installing ihubs and tcus in those systems.

I don't understand why factions don't T5. It gets gamed, so why not fully? Nobody gives a shit about FW. Go to null.

Because the higher tier the faction is the higher the ammount of donated LP gets stolen by the taxman, tier 5 isnt worth it.

Can you not still make a shitload of ISK with agents and bombers?

JOIN A L L O U T TODAY

use the referral system and invite yourself a 2nd account with also a gallente alpha. Train all drone skills and gallente cruiser. Bite the bullet and pay $$ to activate the referred account which also gives you 30 days on your first account. Immediately start training heavy drones. Join a nullsec corp and enjoy making 45mil/hour on each account, rather than 3mil/hour venture mining.

>gaining LP by the PVP plexes alone
>not using SB's for l4 PVE
>gallente fags dont even have to deal with webs on the field
>"mah ECM" -> use ECCM and you are gold
>comet the best faction frig
>algos one of the top t1 pvp dessies
>literally easy mode
>not being a honorable squid

>single medium
>enough LP for 50-100 Catalysts at that price (I just realized why I'm finding a bunch of Algos on the PvP field, Alphas)

>grinding for Lvl 4s

Anyway, I just asked if that was still super profitable .

I havent done it since they placed webs both on the Caldari and the Minmatar side. Playing from those factions must be insanely difficult now.

It is (or was in these cases) highly profitable if the tier allows it. More so than PVP. You need to sweep both l3's and l4's and pick a ton of missions from several stations (usually the ones that want you to assassinate either industrials or a battleship leader). Expect nothing short of 6 intrusions out of 10 missions though but its still profitable.

And yes, it requires more skill than INC faggots, regardless of what they say.

>EVE isn't real

>orthrus pilot in the system
>It's another No Ratting episode

okay I'm like 12 hours into this game when does it get fun?

>fun

Going fast is fun.

Inb4 PvE.

when you want to start having fun user

In about 2 months or so. It takes that long to get good skills in PvP/PvE and an ISK profession.

3 months once you can a ship with decent fits

If you train up agility and speed skills, a frigate, and its systems, you can play from range so that you don't get blobbed.

>

>PIRAT declares war on your alliance

>le chessur mememan

>guys, just fly a Kestrel
>and automatically know what range to keep all other ships

>le suitonia reddit mememan

That's actually what ship is often suggested, btw.

You wouldn't go on a stratop without an FC, so why are you ratting without one?

dont see anything wrong with that, either 2.5 or 9 orbit

>okay guys anchor me, broadcasting target, all dps on rat
kys

>tengoo
>you will never
>tfw

ah the edgy 15yos are back

Should I join Alphawaffles and try to get into Aniggwaffe if I want to be in HK next year?

What are the downsides to (combat) drones? I'm sort of new, but it seems like they dominate in pretty much all aspects, in addition to being the easiest to use. As a result, they seem to be the least engaging (to me). I'd like to use missiles/rockets, but they seem to be niche and don't benefit from skills that all turrets benefit from.

What do you play mostly in combat?

You can lose them.

>zero dps travel time to the target
>target can draw them away from you and bounce to a ping then warp back to you if it's a player
>they can be destroyed
>drones can take NPC aggro in PVE (everywhere except nullsec anoms?)

drones are fucking amazing, specially to kill small stuff hard to track or apply damage on it like frigates, destroyers, some cruisers too. they need proper management, cause this missiles are fine but have their limitations, specailly on pvp. and yes, they have a skill """"tree""" just for them, so not versatile use of sp like other gunnery skills. anyway, the shared gunnery skills with other weapons is not a big deal cause in a few months you will have all the common good ones at V anyway

>What do you play mostly in combat?
thats too wide, just like your mom ass. you need to think of weapons (and ships and fittings) as tools: proper for a certain jobs only.

>and don't benefit from skills that all turrets benefit from.
Missiles have their own, separate support skills that are listed under the missiles section of your skills list. Missiles are certainly a viable weapon system and, while they have their downsides like everything else, if you want to use them then do so.

>Missiles are certainly a viable weapon system

>I will refuse the fact that for certain tasks a missile fit is just the best

but good /dog/ I like it a lot.

>missilefags

Show me on the doll where the Jackdaw touched you, user.

>not flying balanced faction missile boats

>flying faction ships

Im sure its time for some dogs

>Caracal Navy Issue

>dog

shoot faster ya nerds

join tengoo

>tengoo

Who else got some free minerals today?

nice! imagine how many things you can do with that amount and quality of minerals!

Like almost anything! I could get a new hat or even after a few days make a ship!

haha amazing! do you like my hat?

Got 500m worth of minerals from hauler spawns in belts

>Shitposting

Over 21M SP and I still don't know what I want to do but I got up to some ridiculous lvl with 99% accuracy in project autism.

>picture related, I cry every tiem

Wow! That's a very nice hat! How's this one? I'

oneiros

twoiros

rediros

bluerios

>mfw even dogposting was better than this

Hi, fellas, why don't we talk about our favorite game, EVE Online?

>TEST

>autism

>joining PL