>a2bikes.co.uk/
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tRxN0xOxEs&t=2s&ab_channel=RemoDrangus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to replace the previous thread, my bad.

>tfw no Zealous Ant bike

>tfw no Bagkyrie
Why am I suddenly finding panniers so sexy?

Looking to get a bike that was produced only to 2006. There's a handful in my area with low miles, clean titles and some with one owner. Most have less than 6000 miles on them. What are things to definitely check or replace on a low mileage bike that's 10-15 years old? Or should I stay away all together?

I'd check the brake lines, the tires, and anything rubber or plastic. Also make sure no cables stick.
Shit gets dry rotted and stuff.

6000 miles for an 11 year old bike is concerning. Ask how long they've been sitting and how recently their fluids have been changed.

I watched a guy on an R1 eat shit and almost die last night.

>heading home
>get off highway
>fun twisty road which is rare in Mesa Arizona
>unfortunately it's full of dips and bumps
>hear a loud engine behind me, hyped to get to have some fun with some dude
>black sportbike blows by me
>I accelerate up to about 80
>I know my SV will get rekt but it's fine still gotta defend my honor
>he's still pulling ahead
>prolly like 100 idk, hard to judge relative speed
>lose sight for a second
>round a corner and see him

>he hits the fucking median
>flips through the air
>he has been transformed from a squid to a majestic falcon
>after flying through the air and flipping bike and ride skid to other side of the road
>sparks and bits of bike go everywhere

This took place over about 10 seconds. It was fucking insane. I thought I just saw some guy die right in front of me but he was mostly ok. He was super hopped up on adrenaline but he kept trying to walk around afterwards. No blood, bit of road rash though. Insanely lucky.

Reposting some messages from end of last board.

Holy shit user, I might owe you a beer. That '14 had an ugly paint job, but fits every other criteria plus what looks like Yoshi pipes. I'm gonna try and check that out this weekend.

Ayyy, we should ride after the next monsoon.

What's the difference between the R1 and the R1S?

Why is my tank getting so scratched up, how the fuck do I stop this, what do I do?

>street rossi
>kind of looks like rossi
also
>he has been transformed from a squid to a majestic falcon
Keks were had

>go to test for Comercial Learner's Permit
>pass ez
>come out to start up bike
>this Kawasaki is parked
>mfw

so after replacing my float valves and drilling into/adjusting mixture screw my ninja 250 finally runs nice

but i took my msf class like a month ago and haven't ridden since, how should i get back into it? just ride clutch a little and build up?

sorry for reposting from last thread but i was late

It's pretty obvious what happened with low-mileage bikes: somebody bought a new bike as a change-of-pace and the novelty wore off, so it sits in the garage until one day the owner realizes he just isn't into motorcycles anymore and sells it.

If it starts, idles and revs smoothly, the fuel system is probably fine. Otherwise, the fuel may have gummed up the injectors (carbed bikes are generally older than 10-15). Have a peek inside the tank to check for rust from years of condensation in an unheated garage.
Assume the fluids need to be changed. They almost certainly do because low mileage means nothing broke and the owner isn't maintaining things that he wasn't using. He also isn't looking to sink cash into anything more complicated than an oil change when he sees how much of a loss he's taking over what he bought it for.
The tires are old. They need to be replaced, regardless of appearance. Rubber rots.
Make sure the chain is lubed before you go off and hoon it.

Other than that, it's probably just fine. Have a few bucks left over in case the OEM battery dies right away but usually it has already died and the owner advertised new battery! as if that wasn't an obvious sign of neglect. Do all the fluid maintenance right away so you can get to the fun hooning.

YAMMERHAW

Im assuming since you're looking for a liter bike you wanna go fast... I wont be able to keep up.

Kek

Wait he ate it at 100 in a T-shirt and was fine? Why the fuck do I wear gear again?

SNUSNUKI

Just got in contact with one. Older guy who allegedly rode it a bit first few years he had it, but got custody of grandchildren 7 yeas ago and barely rode it since, so it definitely will need some fluids and rubber parts replaced. Will probably need to treat the next round of gas as well to hopefully clean anything out. Moral of the story - don't have kids.

Fuck off conlan

>Ride my cruisers, nobody waves
>Ride my Sport Bikes, nobody waves
I give up lol.
Might as well dump a few pics from today's ride

He had some road rash but he was mostly fine. His high impact protection Vans were torn up too. He had a helmet and gloves I think, but took em off by the time I got there.

But yeah I've started squidding because it's 110 here and I just started ASU so I keep getting stuck in traffic and a jacket is just way too hot.

Shit maybe he is Rossi. I think he was more Mexican than Italian though.

With the way he went down I'd think he was more like Marc Mar-crash tho :^)

I like your banana bike

no u fgt

HAWNDUH

KOWASACKY

Get a real bike you fucking spaz

Ty ;)

Make me, bitch boy.

Dump complete. Enjoy

Maybe he was a little boozed up? Like how alcohol helps you in car accidents due to rag doll effects and not tensing up.

I'm struggling between buying a 2018 Harley fat boy, or a 2014 Harley street glide. I have a 2013 883 and riding 2 up with my girl is no fun, and I want something bigger and more comfortable. Right now we mostly cruise around the city (Minneapolis) but I would eventually want to go on some longer rides like Duluth, madison, Chicago etc. at most 9hr rides. I love how the fat boy looks, but am I going to regret not having a bagger? Is the new Milwaukee 8 engine worth it? What do you guys think.

What part of VA are you from? I'm in central/north NC, maybe we can ride sometime.

Which nc user are you

Ive heard a lot of great things about the M8, and its been out for a few years so its kinks should be worked out. As soon as you get it though you should remove all the nanny state emissions shit. What about a roadking? The storage is amazing with proper bags.

Go with a new Indian. All around more comfy and refined.

North Raleigh. Riding a Honda hornet 919 at the moment

my street fighter project

youtube.com/watch?v=8tRxN0xOxEs&t=2s&ab_channel=RemoDrangus

Maybe, I don't think he was drunk though. He didn't seem drunk.

I havent crashed my bike but I've wrecked a lot, and pretty hard while snowboarding and he was probably ok because he ended up getting thrown off the bike and rolling. At least that's what I'd think, given my personal experience

Word. But I doubt I'd be cool enough for a meet up. Didn't even wanna go to the SAM thing

Dude I don't care I'm not "cool" either, just looking for people to ride with. Also there's another SAM in October if you are interested at all in that, tail of the dragon again. The whole area is a blast to ride, I put some 1600 total miles on my bike in one weekend and wasn't sick of it at all, so many killer roads out there.
Anyway if you got steam you can add me there if you do ever wanna bool for a few hours, or just look on the map it has my phone number...

Wait.. Indian user? I recognize the helmet

I'm very familiar with the area. Take my cruisers there often for nice scenic trips.
But work an awkward schedule so i don't really plan shit out too far in advance

Say whaaa!
Thats my hoodrat shit helmet

I didn't know you had a Suzuki. Still you ought to come to SAM, it was fun last time

Thats because I never reveal my true pwr lvl muahahaha

But seriously though, I'm a man of many flavors. The chief is just the most photogenic.

And no idea what my schedule will be that far out

Life is too short to not have a solid, reliable riding bro.

Agreed

Yeah, I bet he's solid after riding.

Understandable. If you can make it you're welcome to join

When is the next one

Confess your sins
>rode in jeans twice
>knew oil was at minimum and went to shops anyway
>started engine with dipstick removed

Oct 19-22

You ride an Indian? I don't know anyone that does and that's partially why I've been skeptical of the brand. I like how the have a lifetime warranty, but I do think Harley's look better.

Practically speaking, the road king would probably be the best fit for me, but I've never really like the old school head lamp and mini apes they have. Thats part of the reason why I love the fat boy, it looks much sportier and those fat ass tires are awesome. I like the street glide because of the front fairing hiding the bars and headlamp. Plus, with the quick detach sissy bar off, it still looks pretty sleek.

What?

>not having a riding buddy or buddies to touch butts with.

Yes sir I do.
Im not a Harley hater by any means btw, sms I'm aware looks are subjective.
But I've rode many harleys. Just prefer the Indian.
Now smooth, more comfort, great on road trips, more lean (even for lol cruiser),and lil things here and there.
I'd suggest looking into the Springfield.
Looks aside, it's much like an updated version of a road king, which imo, is harleys best bike

Fuck off Conlan

full dox info plz I think he likes pizza

is it me or is that tyre ridiculously square?

opinions on hyosungs? I'm considering getting a gt125 because insurance on anything else is a fucking nightmare

hyosung a valid choice

If you look ever so slighty above that you'll understand why, friend.

It's called maturity. People used to get it somewhere in their twenties, but society has allowed for a proliferation of manchildren.
t. US Army veteran. It's like an infinite frathouse.

I'm trying to pay off my cards from a prolonged unemployment. Rode in jeans the entire summer because my pants don't ventilate enough.

I hopped on my S50 boulevard after like 2 months after the MSF course. It comes back to you after a bit of familiarizing with the new bike.

>pizza bombing
>current year

I fucking love Pizza.

>that one time someone ordered $125 large pizza from the Pizza hut you worked at
>tfw jealous of it

>mfw have summer gear but can't take it on holiday because its cold on the way there

>don't have riding pants, ride in jeans
>fishtailed twice in as many months
>play with squids on the street
The last one is the worst in my opinion

Or don't have a drug addict/whore daughter who produces litters with street trash, then can't or won't take care of them. But then again, that's sometimes beyond parental control.

No insult intended to the old guy. This is what my own grandparents did when their youngest daughter started partying hard, hooked up with two different black dudes and a Mexican in three years for three mixed kids that she had taken by Family Services when the youngest was born and she tested positive for drugs. They've raised them all for almost 15 years now, kids are in their teens, doing pretty well but the kids still adopt the thug cultures that they choose to self-identify with just based on their mixed heritage.

Granddad sold two antique Harleys last year that were always supposed to go to my dad, his oldest son, so that he could start a college fund. Hope they appreciate it someday.

Post tubby

>Regularly do 120mph group rides/stunt rides with my plate taped
>Bought race boots but don't use them because having less control is probably worse than speeding in sneaks
>My parents town's pd is on the lookout for bikes matching my description after last weekend
>Probably buying a designated stunt shitter soon

>Holy shit user, I might owe you a beer.
No problem man, I'd go for that 16 for 11.5 still.

When I'm looking for bikes I always check CT and ADVrider as well as CL. Some folks just fucking hate CL and dealing with the poorfags.

I picked up my KTM 1190r off cycletrader, it wasn't listed anywhere else. Popped up for 10k one morning and I was on my way to the bay cash in hand. Pic is my buddy throwing the bird at my good fortune.

>race boots
>less control

m8 it might take some getting used to, but I promise you'll have more control after just a couple rides.

Also, fuckin relax bro. You don't gotta be so reckless all the time.

I was always a gear guy, because my dad bought me an awesome full face helmet and boots when I got my first bike. Confirmed when I got the crappy end of a classic "left turn in front of motorcyclist" scenario about 15 years ago and had to go down face first to avoid it. Slid a long way before I dug a meteorite trench in the ditch. Front of full face helmet got worn flat against asphalt, boot toes worn almost through, jeans and gloves protected hands and legs but I had my jacket sleeves undone at the wrists. Road pulled my sleeves up to my forearms and rubbed them through the skin to the point that I almost required grafting.

I have a Harley now, live in Florida where it's hot as balls about 10 months of the year, but I still gear up. I almost never see other Harley guys wearing full face, less than half wearing any kind of helmet at all and they're usually half-helmets or novelty helmets. I guess I'm happy there's no helmet law, but it's a shame that I bet a lot of them make that choice because they're just afraid they'll look stupid wearing a full face on a Harley.

So yeah, if you're driving in Florida and see the dork on the Harley in a full face, it might just be me. Gimme a little self esteem wave.

I'll never understand why Harley fags like half-helmets so much, they look absolutely terrible in my opinion.

What part of Florida are you in bro? Down here in Miami no one ever wears any gear and no one ever waves.

Mostly I just get strange looks riding around in full gear waving to everyone as I ride past.

You must embrace the meme user

Can I just file down the edge of a Phillips bit and make it into a ghetto JIS?

Thats not how it works

seems like it would help in biting into the screw though, instead of being long and tapered so there's less of the bit fins grabbing

XR100R

nearly saw somebody die last sunday.

>local touge very crowded so i take a break at parking place next to the last corner.
>some kid on his 125 two-stroke aprilia takes it on the outside.
>other guy on a S1000R comes up from behind, had plenty of time to decide what to do but instead panic-brakes before rear-ending the kid.
>electronics prevent him from going down of course but he gets pushed outside into the oncoming lane.
>of course there is a car entering the corner at that exact moment.
>Guy in car swerves to the outside and they miss each other by centimetres.

Was already getting ready to grab my phone and call the ambulance when i saw him leaving the lane, he was going towards that car in a perfectly straight line.

Mine runs ok and I think the 125 is the same block and frame from the 250
Frame is super stronk steel but also weighs as much as a elephant. Plus side is good stability in the wind
The 125 and 250 are full sized so its comfy. V twin means the only small bikes that even come close to sounding as good are the old jap screamers.
Only concern is parts so make sure you have a dealership nearby or a garage willing to work on it.
Stock tyres vary from ok(shinko?) to indian concrete(mrf) and the fork oil could do with changing to mitigate dive but once that's sorted you're good

Also everyone will asume its a larger displacement bike(600-1000cc :3)

Boomer mentality. Unless you stop being youthful, nimble and sporty when (((they))) "let" you have responsibilities, you're a child. Enjoy your half-ton road-boats, losers.

Literally nothing wrong with being young and enjoying a cruiser.
Cruiser life is fun

S1000's always make me lowkey nervous because it's usually being ridden by some old rich guy who thinks he's Rossi, and while the electroncs may prevent you from eating shit in a turn while breaking, your story is a perfect example of how you still need to know what you're doing.

S1000s always make me nervous because you never know when the valve train will explode

Nigga, I'm 26 and ride a standard. Having panniers takes less time to offload at work, allows for better prepared tours, and carries groceries without stretching every 6 months.

Get a real job, start a family (even if it's just you and wife), have responsibilities. It's a part of life. Just like deciding to get bags or stop riding.

Unless you're some kind of hobbyist douchenozzle. There's no helping that.

This. Like what you like. Unless what you like is Suzuki.

I'm a former EMT. Stopped to help a guy who had a nasty dump on a bike, long open road, early evening. Guy was able to stand, but obvious he was hurt - complaining about his knee and had blood all over his face. Didn't seem/smell drunk. Trooper rolled up a couple of minutes later and his only interest seemed to be in starting field sobriety exercises and asking a bunch of questions about drinking. Guy was in the middle of trying to do a walk-and-turn test before ambulance arrived. Trooper got out his portable breath unit and had him do breathalyzer while EMT's were checking him out. Apparently the trooper didn't like the results (pretty sure they were zero), told the guy he was going to have to give blood at the scene or at the hospital, his choice. I had been hanging off to the side and finally spoke up and said to the trooper (loudly) that if there was no injury to a third person, he couldn't force a blood draw. The guy had already consented to breath test and it was done, time to leave him alone. The other EMT's were all nodding in agreement. Then the Trooper threatened to arrest me for obstruction if I didn't leave, so I never got the rest of the story...

Still better than italian meme valves

But they're nice :)

That's fucked up man

>selling WR450 to buy FZ07
>XR100R will become main dirt bike
>will get mercilessly made fun of on trails
No care

>browsing craigslist for a dual sport
>bikes overpriced anywhere from 1k to 3k over
>dudes get pissed when their listing says "obo" and you offer 500 less.

Can't wait for summer to be over