Dodo cars

post cars that were prevalent 12 years ago but are completely non-existant now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CE2i08S3YeY
youtube.com/watch?v=qicgvnUK_cQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm glad its pretty much gone...

This car was an absolute pain in the arse to witness, hope the Picanto suffers the same fate.

These things disappeared FAST

They were everywhere along with...

This car is completely gone, I have only seen 1 person drive this since 2010, and it's some random on my Steam friend's list.

One of the worst front designs to this very day

These bastards, they didn't rust away so I figure the electronics on them must have been shit.

fuck, i totally forgot about this

I wonder if the Tampa user who went to see that white XT from CL ever got around to buying it?

These used to be everywhere too, I only vaguely remember it because of the Pininfarina badge.

MK1 KIA Sportage... fuck this thing was all over

Cheap, and had functional 4WD. An utter piece of shit with just about no quality, and yet it sold damned well

Can't remember the last time I saw one that wasn't in a scrapyard. A guy I know/ex-coworker had one, but the transmission absolutely shat itself after having eaten its third clutch at 170 000km

This car was legendary as it was the first to offer knee airbags.

It was the only one in it's time to have this as well.

And the ranger equivalent. I don't see them on the road anymore.

These things were all over when they were new. Big car, big & powerful engine, and a very attractive price. The only problem was that the only thing that was actually well built was the engine and transmission, which were a Mercedes-design and Mercedes-manufacture

Lets also not forget that in a lot of impacts the knee airbag served no purpose as the body just followed right after the airbag and crushed you anyways

I mean, its an interesting car, and kinda what made KIA an actually known brand here in Norway atleast

Aaaah, the Daihatsu Rocky... so many of my colleagues and family friends have owned one of these, and a few still do.

This was the best selling car once in my country, absolute shit quality
I have an engine from one in my W124

I miss A-bodies.

pls no bully GOAT shidbox

Also these fucker. They actually did all rust away.

Still see these things almost daily

These are actually gone now

t. europoor

glorious motherfucker
youtube.com/watch?v=CE2i08S3YeY

I must be the only one that kind of liked this thing.

These are everywhere though, I haven't gone a single day on the road without seeing one.

the faux wood panels

I do but I also like the pt cruiser's looks

You aren't alone.

that's super cute

You're not alone bro

Also I found one of these at the garbage dump one time. Still ran, but obviously wasn't going far. Had fun with a mini-derby smashing into fridges and stoves and shit until the engine blew up

Where do you live, eastern Europe or Africa?

I am talking about the 1995 and older - the ones after that one are still quite common, to the point where I even drive one daily at work

Mazda 323... boy this was an ugly thing

They really are - cute, and a super honest & reliable little warrior

For a sec, I thought the grime was the outline for pop-up headlights.

Won't ever see this as anything other than a starfleet shuttle

Australia. They're mostly used by trade workers like plumbers or as runabouts in industrial areas. They're not all in great condition though, we don't have snow and salt here but somehow those fuckers still manage to rust along the sides.

They actually made PT Cruisers with wood panels? I've never seen one with that.

No, people just hated them. They were sold mostly to companies as rentals and fleet cars but when the next model came, they disappeared since they got replaced.

I see a few sometimes but not often.

in the usa, ALL SUZUKI CARS

We have plenty rolling around under the Geo and Chevy emblems.

I just looked it up on gumtree, and sure as fuck; you guys have plenty of them

I think the reason they're gone is, like you said, rust, and the fact that very few of them had 4WD. 4WD became something that was offered with every new HiAce when the 1996 model came out, and as such a lot of folks swapped out their old RWD HiAces for an AWD version. An unloaded RWD HiAce is slippery even on slightly wet tarmac, so you can imagine what its like in winter here. I remember electricians and plumbers making their own cabinets in the back with 5mm steel thickness just to get more weight in the back

youtube.com/watch?v=qicgvnUK_cQ

its been years since i have seen a geo
and thats a suv not a car

I'm here in the heart of the Midwest and we've got Trackers, Metros and Prizms everywhere. Where do you live?

springfeild il

Just pop on over to Indiana sometime. They're all over the place.

still havent seen another 1st gen PGT outside of mine

only seen about 3 other 1g Probes in general

I remember seeing them often as a kid

theres an old boomer with one in beige with wood panels

only one Ive seen

A lot of cars that rusted away in Europe and the US have managed to survive here thanks to no salty roads. Some aren't as lucky though, I've seen a lot of older SAABs with terrible rust and older Toyotas with it too. I have no idea how that can happen.

I still see 323s. The headlights always feel wrong to me, it's like it was planned to have popups or something.

Sea breeze or nothern imports perhaps?

I'm not sure. Sea breeze would account for some but a lot aren't near the beach. Some of the SAABs I've seen have rust just on the trunk which I really don't understand at all.

As for the Toyota's like the van, they rust the most where the sliding side door is. It's mostly just 80s ones though, 90s and beyond Camry's etc are fine.

The suspension on these seemed pretty good, but shit engines and even shittier electrics have killed most of them.

I want to debate this but come to think of it, these up and vanished from the roads suddenly just a few years ago. It's like they were just gone one day.

I saw one a month or so ago
seems like a cool shitbox

I almost bought a Mk1 Prelude. I was very determined to buy it until I started trying to find common wear/maintenance parts online. That changed my mind pretty quick.

All Peugeot models ending with 7 were a fucking mistake.They seem to have sorted their shit with the 8 ones

makes me miss my 81 Civic sedan. Impossible to find a non-hatch from that era

There's still a shitload left in Canada. Which is pretty good considering the rust here. Lots of SX4's, XL7's and Grand Vitara's.

Still around. Gen2 much more prevalent though.

>Grand Vitara

Worst oil filter location ever (on the 2nd gens at least)

Old Saturns are starting to disappear.

These are dead.

thank god

Fuck no. JDM spec ones were sexy as hell.

my dad had one of these with a 5 speed in that same color when i was a kid

Pls stop showing cars from Eastern Europe....

that looks like the quintessential euro shitbox

where the hell do you live? These things are all over the roads in TN

Corsa Bs are radical. Fuck off.

Where do you live that those are gone? I still see them every day in yurop.

Every one of those here is being restored
at least every GT

They are dying really fast.
in 10 more years there wont be any left.

Fords are spectacular at nickel and diming you the second they surpass 150,000. My company just pumped $12k in repairs into my 2011 f-250 stupid duty. The radio led screen doesn't work, the power mirrors don't work and the steering wheel rubber is falling off. The ac blower motor works only when it feels like it and it has a sporadic starting problem when it refuses to turn over and the alarm starts going off. I never had any ill feelings toward fords until I had to drive one for work. Needless to say, I will never be buying one for personal use.

Ps, many of the other 250s in our fleet are suffering similar issues, so it doesn't seem to be an isolated problem with my truck alone.

I swear these trucks vanished overnight and never resurfaced again.

just about any rotary car

we had that one for several years comfy/10, rip Pontiac

;_;

never mega popular here but now practically extinct

Shame, this was one of the better looking euro cuckboxes.

>W123

And that breaks my heart. I've been dreaming of getting one for the last 12 years, but half of that time I was a NEET so I couldn't afford any car let alone a classic. At this rate I'm not getting any closer to being able to afford one in good condition.

pic related: non-existent on the touge

These aren't even rare
>mfw can pick up a K series right now for less than $1k

there's several of these on the road in my area

K1500's all rusted away at the same time

>the least rare of them all
I'll sell u a broken one for $200

I actually own one of those. Its a complete shitbox but its got a five speed and the twin cam engine so its fun hoon in. It never dies

lucky, it's not a future classic under any metric, but it's a neat wagon from a different era.