/rlg/ - roguelike general

DCSS 0.20 Tournament starts at 2000h UTC!
That's ~11 Hours from this post!
It continues until 2000h UTC June 11.

>Tournament Homepage
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/

>/rlg/ Teams
Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previous thread: splat hard and splat even harder

TOME4? I personally don't really like it that much but I think its kinda similar

First for chei.

Sil looks neat, thanks for pointing me at it. Though the lack of a tileset/graphics does put me off somewhat, I'm trying to force myself to get over that unfair bias anyway.
I'll give it a shot.

Demigod Summoner is actually a pretty fun combo, and will give a billion tourney points.

I don't want to splat this like I splatted an easy modo centaur^Oka

should I even bother finishing my nemelex choice runs if the first 8 people have already won?

Intredasting.

If you drop poison vapors on an enemy standing at the edge of a freezing cloud, they'll step out of the fart gas and into the cold.

Prepare to die for the 4th and last time, Sauron! And he makes things easier by being on this level too

That is some really cool tech.

+0 greatsword or +0 longsword and shield?

>this name
Is this a sign?

A sign to cast it into the lava.

Great sword if you can swing it well (delay no more than 1.2).

yes, you still get a lot of points if you win

>clever mumo

>attempt to go for Ascetic III
>put on chain mail
>cursed +0

ctrl+q

First good thing to happen this whole run.

Dumb scrub, you aren't supposed to take off your meme mail once you've put it on

This gonna end bad isnt it

Poor Morgoth, if only he knew it's him who has no escape

Don't worry about senpai, I found a D:7 potion of experience and as TrMo and it didn't jinx my run.

seriously how does this glass wall nonsense work

It acts like a permawall, but you can make them by throwing fire at sand walls, and it doesnt cut line of sight so it looks better too

but how do you make them

Are necromancers the weakest magic class?

I also found 2 potion of xp in the early dungeon yesterday with my Vp

It seems that 0.20 is way more friendly in the early dungeon

blue-mages are worse

Destructing stuff gives you sand walls randomly, so you spam destruction and turn the sand in glass with your fire spells until you get a box. Then you cast phase door from inside to get out, with high level phase door you get a void portals to get back in easily. Bonus step is to go back in the glass box, cast high level recall on your poor enemy to switch place and he is now trapped inside

what about high mage of hex

What is the best bias for a grey-mage?
I'm thinking good for the healing spells, but I'm not familiar with the evil realms at all.

you can win anything with a cheetin' yeek

I just had the worst vaults ever
>only 2 or 3 pieces of jewellery, none were randart
>one part had 'loot' thats just runed short blades, one gsc and a arti flail
>one was just gold
>one was 3 or 4 books
>one was evo items which are useless
Worst ever, holy shit

Evil has polymorph demonlord, wraithform, the genocides, vampirism true. No normal healing or clairvoyance.

Probably the best one for late game, at least.

How exactly does Ashenzari's skill boost work? Is it just making all my skills cross train with each other?

apparently they're pretty good at playing rocketband later on because they get a hex that prevents enemies from using magic
there actually IS a hex winner and there are no bluemage winners

good gives you heal spells plus holy orb (best damage spell in the early-midgame) and then ultimate resistance and divine intervention later on
evil gives you geno/massgeno, vampirism true (300damage/hp), wraithform (which halves all incoming damage), demonlord form (+20 all stats)
neutral gives you Herbal Healing (500hp is p good and it has better manacost/failrate than the Life spells), plus forest creation and wall of stone. Also Nature Awareness and Clairvoyance but you have Sorcery alternatives to those so it's not as handy of a realm for you as it is for e.g. a Monk.

Fun fact: feared enemies wont turn and fight if you use poisonous vapours or olgrebs on them. The same probably goes for other cloud spells.

A flat boost to each skill based on aptitude, and how much/which equipment you are wearing that is cursed.

>No clairvoyance
all three biases get Sorcery, user...

actually what is even the point of neutral graymage
nature is a good realm because it has a good variety of strong utility spells but it doesn't have that much that's actually UNIQUE
nature is great for monks because you get detection, clairvoyance healing, wall creation, and resistance
but the only one of those spells that is actually unique for a gray-mage is wall of stone, and sorcery still gets door creation anyways

Agreed. Life/Crusade and Death/Daemon both have good convincing points(even though Evil bias is better), but Nature should just be folded into their normal sets of spells and just have Good/Evil bias, or add a good realm(gor gray mage) like Chaos to neutral bias.

trump is pretty neutral-sounding imo

but it's not that great of a realm for greymage since they already get the teleports/telepathy/ddoor from other realms

Do bennus heal an undead player when they die?

No. They sear them with holy flame.

The book 2 ddoor in trump is much better to get than the book 3 one in sorcery afaik.

Also 1 mana phase door and Trump Spying is a super early temporary-pathy.

aw shit fuck bitch cunt ass

hm

>slow
What happened?

Wraith or something hit me once or twice, it literally just walked away and I stopped being slow pretty quick
then I had a couple bad randblinks and I burned a teleport

Not so bad, all things considered. I like your color scheme. Did you do that via rc?

Yeah, it's some LUA magic that randomly shifts my colors around whenever that bit of the UI refreshes. I set it exclusively to the eye-sear colors.

I end up with some pretty great UI color mixes. Unfortunately it doesn't work on webtiles.

Is there any feel to rival this one?

an ancient, foul curse

Forgot my picture.

What a terrible night to have a curse.

Immo and apocalypse is one hell of a drug

If a person wanted to improve performance on webtiles, they would _____

>1 int
PANIC

I was at -1 at one point with only 3 int in total

if you are bad at terminology and actually trying to talk about lag/latency, switch to whichever server is physically closest to you

if you actually have performance issues: either spend $100 on a computer that is less than 15 years old, or just switch to ssh

play console

trump has some really good stuff though, including dimension door from their second town book. The other two realms with DDoor only get it in a dungeon book. Also Trump realm spells tend to come in at lower levels, mana costs, and fail rates relative to spells in the same slot (book num, spell num) for other realms.

Townbook dimension door is einough

>You feel feverish

>tfw no nemelex choice gf

How rare is a triple crossbow?

Yes.

>Vampires can never cast Borgnjor's Revivification, Death's Door, or Necromutation.
huh why is this? balancing issues or something regarding vampires i don't understand in game?

They're already dead.

i think the thing regarding vampires you don't understand is the fact that they're undead
undead races cannot cast any of those three spells, mostly/entirely for flavor reasons

None of the undead can cast those, mostly just flavor

>undead can't cast certain spells for flavor reasons
>but fuck mountain dwarves and high elves
hmmm

Ok, I'm playing a nemelex choice(HaIE) and I have a cursed ring of tele.

Do I pick Oka now to boost my survival rate or do I wait for a god that gives more points( e.g. Gozag, Hep , Nemelex etc.)

hmmm

Pick the god that will guarantee that you finish the run.

there's almost always a randart amulet or something laying on a corpse in that situation I find, but I never go back to look for it on a highscore game, I just ctrl+f ego and artef then leave

Alright, then Okawaru it is.

RIP Lava Orcs and Djinn. More races should have unique flavor, even if they did just amount to set mutations.

What was even the issue with Lava Orcs? Too OP?

Would Ice Orcs work instead?

They worked off tension, which is all kinds of problems.

Their mechanic didn't work well (you were pretty much either at zero or maximum temperature) and the person implementing them left.

the tension meter is too weird and finnicky to be used for anything more complex than xom or demonic guardians

>yermak 15runeing a FoEn of Qazlal, wielding a Shield of the Gong

any dumb naga who says he's not the best needs to shut their 2int face up

2loud4me

>about to stab Sigmund
>server crash

when does this guy sleep srsly

Someone take away Yermak's keyboard! This man needs help!

I'd say he's the best at DCSS in the same way that chinese children are the best at making shoes.

He said he specifically took a holiday off just so he could play alot in the crawl tourney.

He's very dedicated to say the least.

>when does this guy sleep srsly

Like all Russians, he sleeps in the winter.

I just Bounced a Lightning Bolt at my own face when at 75% HP and died. I feel like I just lost my gudplayer card

you haven't lived until you've quadbounced yourself

>quadbounce
rip in pip

I could reliably set up the mythical fivebounce in one of the sprint maps (the ten rune challenge I think?)

Someone set up another team; I wanna splat with you, niggas.

>if you actually have performance issues
If that user is experiencing performance issues on webtiles, during tournament time, it's much more likely that s/he's playing on CAO or CBRO, which are notorious for not being able to handle the increased tournament traffic, than it is that their computer is unable to handle the webtiles client.

literally just look up how to create a team, make one, then post your name here
maybe you'll get some shitters

I don't even know if there's more people that want to play on the tourney.
If there's at least 2 more niggas interested, I might do a team.

>tfw you get the 1st win for your team but keep splatting easy combos

JUST FUCK MY WHOLE LIFE UP SENPAI

There's only one way to find out
post a sick name