/hg/ - Halo General

16-Bit Edition

>Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is now available for public purchase on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam.
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-definitive-edition-pc/9nblggh5wlr0
store.steampowered.com/app/459220/Halo_Wars_Definitive_Edition/

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/folks-need-heroes

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>New /hg/tage
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE&t

>Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtu.be/QpuaOKvlrTY
youtu.be/DGfomSngKu4
youtu.be/k5sKfdyf53w?t=265
discord.gg/DEN5Tv7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do i become halo?

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #309.
The featured map is "Desolation"

>Previous 50 threads
#308 - 8-Bit #307 - Banished #306 - Post GT #305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

You have to kill aniens and doesn't afraid of anything
Also, you have to have a computer girlfriend.

A E S T H E T I C

>16-bit edition
>not "Super Halo" Edition

SPARTAN LEADER WHEN

But isn't it just a derelict remake with ghosts?

He means it's visually good looking, which it is.
There are not many maos that have the sunset vibe.

343 plz?

They also made the map bigger.
It feels like it's twice the size of the CE version.

>that I01 trailer
Muh dick is diamonds

It looks pretty good. Apparently the trailer took some time to make but they have already broke even with the donation they have gotten since releasing it. Hopefully they take their time and don't rush it out. We probably won't get a new official Halo game for some time anyway so no rush.

/nintg/ here.
Please do not use nintendo references or product logos in your OP pics.
You don't see us making fun of Xbox in ours.

Thank you.

*Wizard

Gday lads, anyone here still play Reach here? Pretty fun desu

This is the only one that bothers me, and it's for two reasons.

1. Why would you need a shield like that when you have a recharging energy shield?

2. If you ARE going to be using an extra shield, why not use a Hard Light shield?

No it's Derelict.
Wizard came back as Warlock

People do, but you have to organize a night.

especially when we got confirmation that Spartans can use Hard-light shields on Escalation, I really hope they rework it if they make it an unit.

You're right. I had the two completely mixed up.

Yeah. I have some fellow aus players that I sometimes party up with when we're online. PLaying with minimal lag is a completely different experience to waiting 1 second plus for your grenade to throw. I went on H3 the other day and unfortunately matchmaking on that game looks completely dead. Supposedly the play counter on Reach isn't correct anymore either, but it's not hard to find a game at any time of day in my experience.

missing the days when custom games were really popular, of any type. I used to play halo 4 with a clan I was in (I know lol), that was pretty comfy as well

bump

You know vidya boards don't give non 0 gets right?

wait they don't?

You look at the covenant and they're LAUGHING at us, we're not winners anymore, we used to be YUGE winners! We blew up a halo! It was a huge halo trust me i know halos! We dont blow up halos anymore... You look around and you see grunts pouring in and trust me people when the covenant send their people they arent sending their best, they're sending their jackals, they're brutes, and their buggers! We need to BUILD A SHIELD WORLD!

Humanity should just build a shield world and then activate the array

Super Master Chief? They weren't kidding when they said they were doubling down on Master Chief. :^)

I'm really hoping that it is chief, I seriously want him to go all out with the Spartan version of a terminator armor.

Me too, that would be kick ass.

I can almost imagine it, with Cutter being nearly overrun when you hear Lord Hood's voice saying:

Blue Team you have permission to engage and the next thing that happens is a combination of this:

youtu.be/QpuaOKvlrTY

And this:

youtu.be/DGfomSngKu4

I never have trouble getting matches on Reach. The overall play counter is roughly correct but the refresh rate for people per game playlist is off. Regardless, as long as you're not playing something super obscure you should be fine.

Of course, it's better to just plan a game night. This can be done through /hg/, but you're better off joining a much more active xbox community such as the halo customs club. They are constantly hosting sessions in every Halo game.

Making Trump jokes isn't cool anymore since his administration has been a pretty big fuck up.
This post would have been more appropriate during the election cycle.

FREEZE, FAGGOTS!

POST YOUR FAVORITE LEVEL FROM YOUR LEAST FAVORITE GAME OR I'LL SHOOT!!!

I wasnt trying to be cool user, i was trying to have fun

Blue Team

Guardians. Mostly because it reminds me that I'm almost done playing this God awful campaign

Requiem

Requiem

Swords of Sanghelios

Blue Team

Unironically, Midnight
Maybe it's the death star run, idk.

Nice

Halo

YOU BETTER SPECIFY, FAGGOT!

Anyone that seriously thinks this is cool or acceptable is the reason this franchise is failing.

Blue Team

I like how rediculous it looks.

Halo CE
Halo

Neon orange bloom dorito ground with a sickly mountain dew colored sky and river

Combine it with the shitty respawning wraiths, linear as fuck design, and mammoth gimmick and it's shit

Whoops, I fucked it up. I thought you said least favorite level from least favorite game

In that case my favorite level would have to be either Dawn or Requiem because they're the only ones before the story got shit

It's especially funny because if you manage to get over the mtn dew rivers without the mammoth, the level just ends. It literally is just unloaded blank space, as if they really didn't expect anyone to pull that off on a level where they give you a fucking jetpack.

>fuck up
I mean, maybe for you, but he's been doing a decent job as far as I'm concerned

>ITT: faggots coming out the closet

youtu.be/k5sKfdyf53w?t=265

Also we know that this is the most played multiplayer since 3

>obamacare not going anywhere
>muslim ban blocked three times
>backtracked on labling china a currency manipulator
>backtracked on the special prosecutor
>backtracked on NATO renegotiating
>backtracked on Mexico paying for wall
>no funds for wall secured in budget negotiation
>funds for sanctuary cities on the other hand secured in budget negotianegotiation

But hey we're gonna win win win right?

just so that we are clear they did 150 million dollars + from REQ packs alone, never mind sales for the game.

Hes pathetic, and so are his blind followers.

You forgot
>backtracked on "I WILL RIP UP THE IRAN DEAL THE FIRST CHANCE I GET! IT'S THE WORST DEAL I'VE EVER SEEN!!!"
And then he chooses to straight up renew it with zero modifications

Halo

HALO

Long Night of Solace

Why would Mother Wraith harm her child?

bump

Calm down wizard

It's over, man.
Just let it end

>/hg/ dying this close to E3
I cant let this happen

>obamacare not going anywhere
You didn't read the new bill at all, got it
>muslim ban blocked three times
By the 9th district circus which has an overturn rate of 80%, wait for the SC to review it and call them idiots
>backtracked on China being a currency manipulator
If China offers to play ball with Norkies there isn't a problem with backing off a bit, give a little get a little
>backtracked on the special prosecutor
Hillary has three separate investigations on-going RIGHT NOW by federal agencies
>backtracked on NATO renegotiating
He's still threatening countries to reach their 2% or they're getting billed in full for lost time
>backtracked on Mexico paying for the wall
We seized El Chapo's assets which conveniently enough pays for the wall three times over, Ted Cruz was even the one who got it through to be allowed
>no funds for wall secured in budget negotiation
We seized El Chapo's assets, that doesn't go towards budget
I get that a lot of people just got into politics in this last election, but holy fucking shit are people really so stupid that they don't even bother to keep up on government press releases, released papers, and statements?

>being surprised that /hg/ is full of underage faggots who only remember Bushes 2nd term and Obama

It's like when rabbits eat their young in captivity

>>obamacare not going anywhere
>You didn't read the new bill at all, got it
Mitch McConnell literally admitted 2 days ago that the republicans don't have the votes to pass the bill.
>>muslim ban blocked three times
>By the 9th district circus which has an overturn rate of 80%, wait for the SC to review it and call them idiots
So you're admitting it was blocked 3 times. Cool.
>>backtracked on China being a currency manipulator
>If China offers to play ball with Norkies there isn't a problem with backing off a bit, give a little get a little
So you're admitting he backtracked on this camoaign promise. Cool.
>>backtracked on the special prosecutor
>Hillary has three separate investigations on-going RIGHT NOW by federal agencies
That is not what he said. He promised to "get a special prosecutor to look into (her) case." He backtracked. Hell, he even inviyed her yo his innagural luncheon and said he had "great respect for her"
>>backtracked on NATO renegotiating
>He's still threatening countries to reach their 2% or they're getting billed in full for lost time
Sure they are. He changed his mind and said "NATO is no longer irrelevant." Clearly it was something he knew nothing about and had to change his mind on once he was informed.
>>backtracked on Mexico paying for the wall
>We seized El Chapo's assets which conveniently enough pays for the wall three times over, Ted Cruz was even the one who got it through to be allowed
Pic related
>are people really so stupid that they don't even bother to keep up with governmeny press releases
Stop. Just stop.
Are you hoenstly trying to tell us that the press releases by the white house and Spiecer, releases which have been caught straight up lying, are the sources we should judge as gospel truth?
There's a reason Trumo has a 40% aproval rating amd falling. Enjoy staying paft of that ever shrinking minority.

Why even bother responsing to him?
Anyone that is still sticking their neck out for Trump at this point is not worth arguing with.

Fair point

>We seized El Chapo's assets
user i cant see anywhere it says we have his assets, what i see is we dont know where his shit is, please provide a source

Forgot pic

Nah man, watch this liberal GET FUCKING DESTROYED for questioning the god emperor TRUMP, he just keeps winning!

We didn't seize any assets.
See

You faggots wana stop and actually discuss Halo?

I'm calling the Mods on the next person to /pol/ post. You have a containment board for this shit. Use it. For God's sake it's not even an election season.

This x100000000

/hg/ discord link for anyone who needs it!
discord.gg/DEN5Tv7

Preach it

>not found 'one dollar'
I mean, did they expect liquid assets?

Hola!

We're going to die soon user, its best to leave something.

Which game has a better enemy ecosystem?

>killing the leaf
You did good

When both flood and covenant are there at the same time, Halo.
Otherwise Doom.

Both are excellent either way though.

I remember playing H3 campaign with some friends all 4-3 at the same time, but I dont remember if it was a feature or a bug

That is... a very hard question.

Halo but it doesn't take full advantage of it as often as Doom does.

Halo is at its best when there's infighting between flood and covenant, allowing the player to really choose how they want to proceed in a number of ways, but that doesn't happen until the end of the game. Doom has all it's enemies presented by the half way point.

Doom 2 > Halo 2 > Halo > Doom

Doom 2016 > Everything else

Not really. There's only like twice in the game that the denizens of hell are attacking eachother. Sure, if they hurt eachother enough they start fighting, but you can't have shot them before that and the tolerance is so high above normal that they're pretty much dead when they finally turn on their allies.