ITT:Veeky Forums-related webm

>ITT:Veeky Forums-related webm

white supremacists

why do top fuel dragsters exclusively use V8s? Wouldn't an Ecoboostâ„¢ be better?

Just kidding. Really though why not a V12 or something?

Honestly dunno. Too time intensive to rebuild between runs? Too long?

Rules I'm pretty sure. Mind you V12 balance wouldn't really help, since the engine only needs to last 3 seconds.

Fuckin NHRA fags. Would make sense though, V8 seems to be the sweet spot

Crankshaft length would be my guess. Anything longer than what's needed for a V8 is going to twist under the massive torque. Yeah semi tractors use big straight six's and V12's but they're crankshafts also weigh 200lbs.

You're more than welcome to build up an ecoboost to 11k hp and compete in non NHRA events. I just can't see it happening.

the real question is why they use pushrods when OHC has proven to be superior

In this application, it isn't. Plenty have dabbled with OHC in top fuel but its shown to be harder to dial in, and not really perform better than a Hemi head anyway.

Crossplane V8s aren't really any less balanced anyway.
But more to the point it's a complexity that's not needed.

lmfao

because the rules said so

>women drivers

>Chinkshit
Am I the only one who's sort of impressed that the door didn't snap off?

wew laddy. my fucking ankle

This and they know how the engine explodes so no one will possibly be injured when it fails catastrophically

Since they've got massive bore spacing, a 500ci V12 crankshaft would be very, very long, and would have to be massively overbuilt to not twist itself apart under 10KHP.

First off, you've got the wrong Cammer, second, the 427 Cammer actually fell out of favor well before OHV became mandatory.

>Crossplane V8s aren't really any less balanced anyway.
This, to the point where flatplane V8's have cracked under Top Fuel testing.

>why not a V12
too small
not enough torque