I have $130,000 to buy a race car with. I am looking to race in GT1-ST class . I have seen some Blancpain cars for less...

I have $130,000 to buy a race car with. I am looking to race in GT1-ST class . I have seen some Blancpain cars for less. Anouther option is a 996/997 Cup car for GT2-ST.
Which one is the better car for semi pro race leagues?

Other urls found in this thread:

racingjunk.com/Formula/182889031/2012-SRA-Spec-Race-Ariel-Atom.html?action=doSearch&searchString=Spec&searchBody=on&country=&categoryId1=&categoryId2=&categoryId3=&categoryOptions=N;&phrase=all&exclude=&is_advance=&resultsPP=&onResults=true&categoryId=&po=&zipcodeRange=200&zipcode=&priceMin=&priceMax=&sortBy=ph&userType=&hideNotification=true&page=15&offset=146&from=search
racingjunk.com/Special-Production/182888445/PRATT-AND-MILLER-ROLEX-CHAMPIONSHIP-C6R-CORVETTE.html?action=doSearch&searchString=Spec&searchBody=on&country=&categoryId1=&categoryId2=&categoryId3=&categoryOptions=N;&phrase=all&exclude=&is_advance=&resultsPP=&onResults=true&categoryId=&po=&zipcodeRange=200&zipcode=&priceMin=&priceMax=&sortBy=ph&userType=&hideNotification=true&page=3&offset=21&from=search#7
topclassiccarsforsale.com/ferrari/206256-ferrari-458-challenge-evo.html
twitter.com/mike_hedlund/status/515170482052530176
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unless you were looking for which bus is the best to ride, you're on the wrong forum.

The 911 is closer to driving a street car converted to race car where the Super Trofeo is more a race car that looks like a street car.

Go on racing junk. There is some cool shit on there. Keep operating costs in mind. Unless you are a fucking millionaire you're not racing in Blancpain. AER, WRX, and Chump are really good racing series, AER is probably the most serious out of those. You could also race a spec series. Spec E46 looks fun. I think there is a spec ariel atom series even. I hope this isn't bait because I wanna talk race cars.

That's a 911 cup car. The 911 GT3R is basically not a 911 anymore

>WRL not WRX oops.

OP if you're West coast the spec boxster series is super popular. $25-$30k puts you in a good car. Use the rest of your $100k for operating costs and registration fees.

>GT1, GT2
>for semi pro race leagues

How about something that isn't a dead formula?

If you actually intend on racing, the key factor when buying a racecar as a customer is being able to actually race it as often as you can. The reason why old racecars sell for cheap is because they are rendered obsolete and ineligible by the modern regs. GT1 is dead. GT2 is now GTE which costs millions upon millions to compete. Your best bet is GT3 or GT4 car.

Check out a 360 or 430 Challenge. The fields are decent and there's a fair amount of events. If you have $130k to invest in getting into racing you probably shouldn't spend more than $50k on the car.

Blancpain is only Huricans now so the Gallardos are cheap and can be raced in SCCA racing leagues. Same with old 911 cup cars
911 cup is a factory built race car but it still akin to the street car in its basic layout. Engines are similar to stock GT3 engines but they run a sequential transmission. Clearly brakes and suspension is not like a street car but its not as wild as a tube chassis GT car.

GT3 or GT4 is still expensive. Unless OP wants to take off work and start spending crazy money transporting cars everywhere a spec series would be best. Close, competitive racing and it's usually done by region.

racingjunk.com/Formula/182889031/2012-SRA-Spec-Race-Ariel-Atom.html?action=doSearch&searchString=Spec&searchBody=on&country=&categoryId1=&categoryId2=&categoryId3=&categoryOptions=N;&phrase=all&exclude=&is_advance=&resultsPP=&onResults=true&categoryId=&po=&zipcodeRange=200&zipcode=&priceMin=&priceMax=&sortBy=ph&userType=&hideNotification=true&page=15&offset=146&from=search

OP Spec Ariel Atom would be so much fun

I'm a blue bird man, myself

That is just the car budget. I have about 250k or so for operational costs for a season. I have raced in ASA racing a bit so its not a "new" venture
Some classes like this are dominated by a select few cars which sucks

Ohh so when you said 130k on a car you meant 130k on just the car. Lucky for you I browse racing junk instead of studying anyway.

racingjunk.com/Special-Production/182888445/PRATT-AND-MILLER-ROLEX-CHAMPIONSHIP-C6R-CORVETTE.html?action=doSearch&searchString=Spec&searchBody=on&country=&categoryId1=&categoryId2=&categoryId3=&categoryOptions=N;&phrase=all&exclude=&is_advance=&resultsPP=&onResults=true&categoryId=&po=&zipcodeRange=200&zipcode=&priceMin=&priceMax=&sortBy=ph&userType=&hideNotification=true&page=3&offset=21&from=search#7

The 458 Challenges are going to start dropping down now that people are receiving 488s. How can you say no to this paint job? Only $40k over budget.
topclassiccarsforsale.com/ferrari/206256-ferrari-458-challenge-evo.html

That livery is sexy as fuck

Yeah I worked on a 360 CS in the same color one of the nicest paint jobs I've seen on a modern Ferrari

just gonna tell you now that if your budget is $130,000 you can't afford to race.. Track days sure but good luck dishing out 10-20k per race weekend

Let's ask the real question here...do you even have an SCCA, IndyCar, USAC, NASA, IMSA, or FIA license to race?

First of all forget SCCA

Second of all, you need a license

Third of all, twitter.com/mike_hedlund/status/515170482052530176

Keep in mind PWC prices have gone up due to the new GT3 cars costing an arm and a leg and increased series popularity

Take a look at Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge GT4 class and Porsche Cup US as well

Get a corvette or a boxster and save the rest for when something goes wrong.

Is that even a question

250k seems a bit low for a season budget, especially for GT racing unless you really want to stick to amateur racing with old ass cars that can't race in legit championships anymore.

Have you considered the much cheaper formula cars? Do you intend to bring your own team and, if yes, is the cost of equipment and personnel already been taken care of or does it factor in the 250k budget you have?