/palg/ - Paladins General

POLLS:
>Who is best husbando?
strawpoll.me/12980611
>Who is best waifu? - new with Ash included
strawpoll.me/13049006

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB51)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?41993

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

I want to partake in Fernando's adventures!

we all want to

ying

We all would love to accompany him. He would be the best leader

Reminder

>2017
>still no smug, classy vampire champion that treats blood as wine and is quite the connoisseur and the greatest sommelier
And we get instead, a **ahem** "badass" fully armored lady with, and make no mistake about it old sport, pink hair.
Honestly...

I say ... I shall bring meself a bottle of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti (1990) in order to drink and ponder over this sort of conundrum.

Rate my Evie.

>no paladongs single player spinoff made by an actual competent dev where you play Fernando trying to do odd jobs and rescue princesses as a self appointed knight

>drogoz gets a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""nerf""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" to one of his legendaries
>it does literally nothing
>still dominates every single match I see him in

this game sure is fun

she has red hair not pink dumbpire

So we all know the Paladins player base is pretty dumb, but I wonder if they're dumb enough to defend hi-rez' "reasoning" for making it so players can no longer disenchant legendary cards

>“After the ability to disenchant cards was introduced we noticed players were playing less champions than before as they were now disenchanting legendaries for champions they had not yet played. We want to preserve legendaries as powerful and valuable assets to the game and keep them as something that encourages players to play a variety of champions”
I mean, come on that's some dumb shit right there.

git gud

Good thing I'm over level 100 and this doesn't affect me at all.

>inb4 they make all the cards gold cards

Whales mostly. And people who have put so much emotional investment in the game insulting the game is like insulting them.

On the essense nerf, it's bad, like really, really bad. New players can't disenchant legendaries for heroes they didn't buy so they can't even use that legendary.

>being unable to convert leggos I never use into something I would use will convince me to use leggos I never use

sly-rez

10/10, black ice best skin.

It's champion mastery user

My point still stands.

Why are you fags reposting Fernando pics every single thread and not Seris panties?

I want to ask Pixie and the team for consent to take Ying's hand in marriage.

There's a lot of people that unlocked every champion for free and have hundreds of thousands of gold and essence from when progression was fair and easy. They legit do not understand that new players coming in don't have that same experience so all of this shit seems petty to them.

What are you, some kind of fag ?

don't worry user sooner or later you will waste all your essence and gold

Honestly I'm fine with it, for the fact that it never gave near enough essence to do so in the first place. That and you never know when something will be 'balanced' so there's no reason not to hang onto them.

Gold cards being nuked for essence was dumb too. Keep the spray and then rebuy the base card, but make a fucking ton of essence for a gold border. Sprays just shouldn't be tied to cards to begin with.

ying is very cute

>continue putting off the massive rework legendary cards require so that more than half of them are actually viable choices
>accept that the majority of champs have a single card that is universally understood to be the only good one in 99% of builds
>settle for having the bulk of the good cards be flat +x% damage bonuses that are simultaneously unimaginative and overpowered
>prioritize stopping your player base from repurposing the mound of legendaries that are festering in total uselessness into something to ease the absurd grind you instituted

here are some free crystals tho lol

don't forget
>refuse to release any cosmetics for gold
>release the only for-gold content (champs and their cards) slow enough that any active player can easily make enough to unlock all their important shit day 1 each time
>gee I wonder why everyone is hoarding so much gold, better nerf fwotd and quests lol

When does competitive season reset? I did 2 ranked matches and 1, and am now in 1600 ranked for some reason. I might do more since the matches were fun.

The cutest.
No contest.

When they feel like it. It's gonna get completely overhauled soon, but until then just enjoy draft mode and no flank only parties.

Actually that would be quite dank.

>balding skinny vampire in a suit
>when attacking gathers blood in his cup which he carries in his right hand
>can either throw the cup's insides at someone, blinding him for a few seconds/poisoning him/whatever
>or drink it to heal himself
>F action would be transforming into bats and basically like Grohk's ghost walk

>chilling in hirez stream
>win smite gems

this games dead

what a pointless post

Detailed guide of how to balance all the whole game
Since Evie is the most overpowered and broken character with inmortality, highest mobility in the game and 2shot kills, I have the solution!

First of all, you are lucky I play this game, because basically I can balance everything.

Here are the solutions:
Every single heroe will deal 666.666 instant damage to Evie.
Every single heroe will see evie from anywhere, even through walls.
Every single heroe will instantly silence Evie (also her Weapon) after seeing her through walls so she'll be silenced all the time.
Every single heroe will have a flying skill, so Evie couldn't hit any shot, anyway, her weapon is silenced so this isn't necessary at all.

what a pointless post

It means why don't they give crystals

kill yourself

>throwing cups at people

@martini
hire this man right now

The fact that Hi-Rez actually thinks that veteran players are sitting on mountains of gold and essence because the two are too easy to get (rather than the fact that the currency system is fundamentally busted) makes me think that they've already concluded the game is declining and they don't need to worry about ruining the experience for new players, because they don't expect many.

And I don't say that because I actually think the game is dying, I say it because I can't think of any other rational explanation for shooting yourself in the foot like this.

HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

I'd play it. Would even buy it.

DAZED
REELING
About to break!

I was hoping the change in management was going to fix this, but removing champ level bonuses is a bad sign.

>give people free currency for your dying game so maybe they'll actually be encouraged to play it
>give people free currency for your popular game so that they won't buy it or have to grind for it

I wonder which they'd wanna go with

Is it June 19th already? I need the Crimson Court.

I think it's more of a cross-promotion thing. They know the audiences could overlap a bit more.

Definitely. But there's a reason they're trying to push Smite onto the Paladins audience rather than vice-versa.

You can't because I'm the one who made that image.

Maybe instead of saying "this game dead" you could have asked why they don't give crystals.

Also the smite chests have absurdly low chance to give crystals from watching the stream. You got lucky.

he's literally worthless if u play andro or kinessa

i smashed my fucking desk these 2 faggot champs make me absolutely fucking worthless fuck this god damn game fuck u for thinking this nigger is overpwoered

How can you take her hand in marriage when she's already my wife hmm? I'd really like to know that.

I don't care.

I can't play andro every game you fucking nerd, and kinessa won't do anything if the enemy has a decent flanker
The problem with drogoz is that I NEED to rely on my hitscan to deal with him, and everyone except me is retarded in this game

this game is in the worst balancing state i've ever fucking seen it in

drogoz is fucking retarded overpowered and the only way to counter him is with hitscan so you're either forced to play drogoz or forced to play hitscan if u have more than 2 hitscans on your team you effectively make drogoz worthless if you're the drogoz you either dominate because enemy hitscans suck or they dont have any or ur just countered

i literally cannot play any other champions besides a hitscan to counter drogoz or drogoz and hope i go unpunished

fuck hi rez fuck you fuck you fck you fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck you ufkc you fuck you foucu=asasdi0jasdohiasdoiasdn

Git gud.

Maeve tends to shit all over Drogoz too unless the drogoz is significantly better. But then you're playing fucking maeve

iz only gaym

t. drogoz mains
pressing m1 to wipe the server sure is hard huh

How and why? There's no way Maeve kills Drogoz in any scenario.

You're talking nonsense, user; she's always been my wife.
Are you sure you're thinking of the same person?

why u heff to be mad

Any flank shits on drogoz in most situations. Only chance is if you hit a firespit and a direct shot right after

A good Maeve is annoying as shit to kill 2bh

are you the same guy that does this shit every thread

just play drogoz if he's so easy and strong

the game is still dead

the only way to kill drogoz as maeve is to hide behind him and watch him thrust up shoot then run out of boost and run down and then u can lmb rmb lmb and kill him if the drogoz sees u ur dead or he just flies away

I do. When I really want to win I lock BK or drogoz.
He's fucking boring to play, literally m1 kills everything, what's the point

He's piss easy to hit with daggers and pounce, even in the air, and she's fast enough to keep up with him no matter where he goes.

Lex and Evie tend not to be too bothersome for various reasons, and Buck has to really be on point to be a concern.

which you should as there's no point you shouldn't unless you suck, at which point it doesn;t even matter because anyone, flank or not, will shit on you.

Don't you just love pretending Drogoz is not OP?

>potg is me alone on point while no one helps cap

There's one. Pounce can kill him in his ult.

>40k
>dead
ok bub

so we should nerf characters because the playerbase it too retarded to cope, got it
by this logic you must think the torvald nerf was fantastic

>potg is Torvald using his ult and throwing 4 people off a cliff

Well, records DO indeed show that she can, dare I say, multiply herself? My word...

>tfw pounced an ulting drogoz and he ended flying away and wasting his ult instead of killing me or anyone nearby
Three times he did that and every time he avoided me even though I did everything short of jumping in front of him.

>over 40k
>not dead

Dota is the only game that's still alive.

better yet
>potg is our shitty skye casually dropping a bomb killing like 2 people or so
Wew, truly a FAN-tastic game guys, really action-packed to the CORE! Hot DANG!

you faggots are niggers this game is fucking aids

I MAIN DROGOZ AND I WANT HIM OUT OF THIS GAME I WANT HIM NERFED TO OBLIVION SO HARD YOU NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN

this entier fucking patch is doodoo niggerdom jewish bullshit fucking cant even play drogoz my winrate with dragon went down 2% because every1 is either picking drogoz or hitscan

its a fucking coinflip game of hearthstone this fucking game is fuck this shit i want to play other champions besides androxus or fucking drogoz

No we should nerf drogoz because he gets countered by 1-2 champs and hard counters everyone else
Sure you can just instalock one of those few champs to deal with him but it's not an excuse
It has nothing to do with the playerbase, he's just not balanced period

>tfw Ying bamboozled you all by sending her illusions to marry you

HiRez just refuses to accept the fact that the currency system in its present state makes no sense. A reasonable setup, which is to say the setup that most other brands use, would be to have your regular currency and your premium currency. But HiRez got incrementally greedier, and can't put the cat back in the bag without causing an uproar. So they're faced with the option of shitting all over new players, or shitting all over old players. Unsurprisingly, they're siding with the population that has a greater proportion of whales. It's still going to bite them in the ass eventually though, because you can't expect to sow the wind with this bullshit and just keep staving it off by printing more money.

I do agree, Androxus and Drogoz every single match gets old REAL, and I mean RRREEAAAAALLLL fast.
Oh well, might as well have fun while I play literal aids-made-pixels so I either instalock Maeve, bully my teammates or both at the same time.

>The problem with drogoz is that I NEED to rely on my hitscan to deal with him, and everyone except me is retarded in this game
>It has nothing to do with the playerbase, he's just not balanced period
your tears really are the reason why I keep coming back to this horrible thread full of shitters

She tricked you. :3

Fret not though, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Ying is most definitely my wife and always has been, but don't let that discourage you. You can find someone else, I believe in you.

Why not just buff all the garbage characters up to Drogoz level?

An across-the-board movespeed increase for example would make drogoz worse (harder to hit rockets and his own mobility is less of an outlier) while also making the game more fun.

To be honest they've probably already cashed out on founder's pack sales and are at least internally moving onto their next project.

When you literally NEED a certain type of champ on your team who also has good aim to prevent the enemy drogoz from steamrolling you, there's something wrong with the game
You can throw your "y-you're just a shitter" accusations all you want but it won't make it any less true

Reposting that idea some user had the other thread as a buff for Lex:
>Pursuit can hit his bounty target through walls.

It's already got a long coldown and it makes sense given the purpose of the skill.

*GASP* Not my wife, surely that's not my Ying you're talking about. She would never...

It appears she tricked YOU. You must feel very betrayed and bad right now user, but if you even need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here. Just remember that she will always be my wife :)

>when you literally NEED a medic on your team who also has good positioning to prevent the enemy team from steamrolling you, there's something wrong with the game
how about you try adapting instead of bitching like a broken record about muh drogoz

>elf discourse

If you played draft pick, what the game is balanced around, Drogoz isn't a big deal. Quit bitching about blind pick casuals.

>roleplaying waifufags

>LEx can now hit target through wall
>also his ult is infinite range even from base
>also doesn't matter if the enemy is full hp
>also his dash can be recast 3 times in all directions even up, through walls, down and backwards
>with no CD
>also he doesn't use any ammo and it makes sense given the purpose of the LMB, to kill people that is
>Also wins the game just by entering
>Also wins all games just by purchasing the champion
>Also wins all games ever just by thinking of purchasing the champion

DESU he has these buffs long coming DESU. He was in the shitter for FAR. TOO. LONG!

i love this drogoz and bk are """99(((((( balanced""" )099*a08a80au0 fucking

MEME

drogoz and BK are BULLSHIT retarded fucking champions and im sick of you faggots disagreeing with me i want to debate this right fucking now

both have INCREDIBLE mobility and INCREDIBLE damage, both are not as susceptible to blast shields as any hitscan haven champ because they fire less projectiles to do the same damage as a haven champ, both are very easy to hit their projectiles, both have MASSIVE zone control, drogoz can literally shoulder peek and just shoot rockets on the point and melt people, bk can literally shoulder peek and just throw grumps and zone

drogoz 2-3 shots almost every champion in the game

bomb king 3-4 shots almost every champion in the game

drogoz stays in the air for fucking ever and bunnyhops higher into the air every kill he gets

burger king re-positions himself every 4 seconds so he's unpredictable only counter is to kill him as he lands and before he jumps away again in 2 seconds so you need multiple champions to target him instantly

This is how all modern character based team games work though.

If you're drafting in a MOBA and you have no tanks to peel for your backline, the enemy team could have an assassin run wild on them. It isn't that the assassin is OP, you just drafted a shitty team.

autism

I understand, you're too depressed over not being there for her, and appear to have deluded yourself into believing your imaginary scenario to be true to cope with it.
It's ok, I won't judge. It's only natural, anyone would want a loving wife like Ying, but unfortunately that can't happen.
My wife and I hope you can overcome this, and find someone else that makes you happy.