/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users are receiving LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play and use of the Friend List. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (guide in the Pastebin), but remember, it is eventually going to get banned as well, particularly if you're using a public one.
Latest working public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B: a.pomf.cat/jcdfam.zip
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d8u4CEBVq7s?t=31
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/~/how-to-use-microsd-management-to-move-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>buy another from amazon
>choose 1 day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep the next day
>contact amazon support and claim the 3ds was stolen
>get refunded purchase

But who was actually "waiting" though? This implies people stopped doing something in anticipation.

They stopped buying flashcards thinking that nds-bootstrap would ever be playable.

Day 3 and still no ban. I'm pretty sure there's another factor besides CFW and unauthorized applications that's at play here.

Like cheating in pokemon or online games with NTR. That's something I've not seen addressed.

>wasn't banned on the first day
>currently on Schrodinger's 3ds
>desperately want to see if it's happened to me, but don't want to put myself out there since we don't know what's going on

Being patient is going to kill me.

wait
verb
1. stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens.

2. used to indicate that one is eagerly impatient to do something or for something to happen.

It's just hard to address anything since we know nothing. Cheating has been mentioned but no definitive conclusion can be drawn.

There have been no confirmed reports of a second wave. If you haven't been banned yet, you're probably good.

For now.

Thanks I almost forgot.

I'm banned. Never used NTR but did use a save editor to change my character's eyes in animal crossing. Incidentally that was also the only game I played online.

doesn't this just confirm what he's saying?

Is there a reason I can't open the game menu in Vita retoarch? It just flashes for a minute before closing.

I've save edited my MH saves multiple times (fuck charm farming) and played online regularly with 4U and Gens but no ban

Don't know what the fuck Nintendo is doing but maybe that's the point

I'm banned and I've never even installed NTR because I'm not some fucking cheating scum

oops, meant for

I have never played a game online and got banned.

We will never find out what triggers the ban, right?

There is no dev who wants to find the cause.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I only use NTR for screenshots because this scene is garbage and nobody else has made a screenshot program...

I've done that too, hell I edited my save file in animal crossing hundreds of times and I didn't get banned.

A few people that have never installed anything involving cheats, freeshop, freegames, etc are banned. All these people have done were play their legit games and install homebrew stuff. No cheating or piracy at all.

i bet the reason why 11.4 hit so fast after 11.3 hacks were confirmed and released to userland was the guy who figured it out reported how to do it to ninty bounties then released it to the public after getting paid

>There is no dev who wants to find the cause.
Really? Did you personally go and ask every dev in the 3DS hack scene?

There's too many variables right now to even figure it out. Maybe someone might get lucky and stumble across it but I suspect the mystery when continue on for some time.

Does anyone have a Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem vc inject? I can't get one working myself, and the only one I could find had a horribly outdated translation.

>1. stay where one is or DELAY ACTION UNTIL A PARTICULAR TIME OR UNTIL SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS.

Literally no one changed their actions because of possible sdcard support. The autistic replies like are nothing but a waste of space.

Yeah

This t b h

>Get the newest Fire Emblem because everyone was talking about it
>It's fucking shit, insanely fucking easy with a trash story
>Get banned shortly after
Not worth it at all

>a guy posting the same useless shit everythread for months is nothing but a waste of space
I think you may be onto something user

>played moon a bit after official release
>duplicated a good amount of pokemon & traded them over the GTS
>played MHX and transfered save to MHGen
>played both MHX and MHGen online
>played tons of smash online with chars I'm not supposed to have.
>still not banned
Worth noting I didn't get the latest moon update.

What's a good, offline, time wasting 3ds game to play meanwhile I wait for more info to be found out?

Going online too?

Pocket Card Jockey

GIDDYAP!

VC injects I'm going through Pokemon emerald right now
sheen megumi tensay IV/Apocalypse
MK7
Jackie Chan

What program do you use to hack pokemon in?

Rhythm Thief

fucking this

also 1001 spikes

Does Homebrew Launcher not work with 11.4? I updated the .cia to what appears to be the most recent version claiming to work with 11.3.

Planet Robobot or Triple Deluxe
Ace Attorney
Mighty Switch Force

I use jksm to get my save, and transfer it to the computer and use pkhex from there.

pksm is useful for quick edits but pkhex has a legality checker.

How can I get shit onto my SD card without putting it into my computer? I really don't want to unscrew my system every time I see new custom theme I like

>How can I get shit onto my SD card without putting it into my computer? I really don't want to unscrew my system every time I see new custom theme I like

If you have a N3DS you can just do a data transfer from the system menu

I held out because I really only wanted to play one game, and figured it might get a pass on SD loading because it was turn-based and 2D. Turns out even that was shit so I bailed and picked up an R4 not long after bootstrap released.
ftp gmx. or ftp d. whichever one is newer at this point

kirby clash deluxe xD

>3ds.guide now has ads on the top of every page too
redditors will defend this

Yep, I would always visit other people and let them visit me. It's the game I've gone online the most in by far

Thieves need to feed their families too

>he doesn't block ads
lmao at your life

Etrian Odyssey 4/1 Untold/2 Untold
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Picross 3D: Round 2 when you want to enter Chillout Mode

>Haven't touched my 3ds in over a month
>Hear about the banwave
>Think that it couldn't have possibly happen to me as I haven't even played anything online
>Check to be sure
>banned

I do block ads
I noticed the change on github

Is there any way to take a screenshot of a ds game running from a flashcart?

no

Get a disposable camera from Walmart, slap on some masking tape and label it "Screenshots".

Wanna hack TWL_FIRM with me senpai?

Same boat here.
Until 5 minutes ago, that is.

banned

I don't even have a 3ds and I'm banned. Nintendo are brutal with kurolisting. No one escapes!

So am I not banned yet if I can safely go into my friend's list and see when they were last on, what they're playing, etc, with no error?

It just seems odd since I had Spotpass, software recs, Freeshop + WiFi on constantly for the past 3 months.

>Jackie Chan

youtu.be/d8u4CEBVq7s?t=31

>So am I not banned yet if I can safely go into my friend's list and see when they were last on, what they're playing, etc, with no error?
yes

If you get an error when trying to access your friendslist it means your banned if not then you're safe for now.

So you weren't banned on the first day, but are now?
Or you aren't sure if you were and only decided to check now?

It does, but he's too dumb to see.

>start up ds to check if banned
>go to friends list and get error
>oh no
>restart 3ds and try again
>no error
when the bullet hits but ninty rolls a 1 on the die roll and instead of killing me it heals me

>"Thank you for calling Nintendo this is Mike can I start with your email address?"
>Yadadada
>Tell them I have an issue with connecting my 3DS to Nintendo's online services
>"No problem, I'll be happy to help you with that. Is there a parent or guardian around who happens to have the serial number of the Nintendo 3DS console?"
>Uhhhhhhh I'm 24
>"Oh! Haha perfect, in that case please read back to me the serial number of the system. It should be located in the back of the console"
>Give it to him and tell him the error code
>"Unfortunately this error code means that Nintendo has found unauthorized software modifications on your child's console and has banned you because of that. It will not be lifted"
>It's not my child's console though. And I have no unauthorized software on the system, I don't even know what that means.
>"I apologize for the misunderstanding sir. Unfortunately your wife's son must have downloaded something he shouldn't have. If you have any more questions please feel free to consult the Nintendo website."
>What the fuck, it's my console dude. I don't have kids. I swear I didn't do anything to my 3DS.
>"You're 24 years old and still play Nintendo consoles dude?" *audible laughter from a bunch of people in the background*

I was playing MHGen on the first day and probably even second. At first I figured I was going to get banned eventually and just kept on playing to finish my set, then I shut it off because I was done.
Today I decided to check it and yeah I eventually did get banned.

I'm on b9s + Luma. I've used freeshop recently and I had spotpass on. I never cheated or played Pokemon though.
I'm not sure if being in EU matters. I think the polls should take in consideration the region.

Rune Factory 4.

Someone asked for it as a native feature to Luma much like LayeredFS but there's some sort of problem with hooking onto the game to take screenshots or something just from boot.

Am I the only one with that empty grey space in my 3DS? I think it appeared after I hacked but I'm not sure since I hacked it right after I bought it so I don't remember what it looked like before.

It's the one I'm highlighting, 2nd from the 1st row.

Forte is best girl

thats where the cartridge games show up when you insert them

Isn't that just for the inserted cartridge?

>literally saber
>better than dolce
user pls.

a cartridge? in my hacked ds?
i think not user

You fucking dunce. Kill yourself.

flashcart? only thing that should be in there

Ohh, I see. Cheers.

Just learned about this :
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/~/how-to-use-microsd-management-to-move-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a
It's pretty cool.

Don't be so depressed.

Guess the $100 bounty reward weren't enough to these traitors.

oh your right how else would i play my ds games in my 3ds without one thanks user

So, I have figured out the reason for the recent bans. This was an official leak from a well respected individual working as a software developer for Nintendo:

>Ever since the release of the New Nintendo 3DS and thereafter software updates to previous gens, we have been implementing elevated motion detection capabilities into our source code.
>2016 Was almost completely focused on developing this motion tracking feature to better understand human movement than many virtual reality devices on the market. [...] essentially, your 3DS has the ability to track whether or not your are masturbating while playing.
>The idea was first discussed after discontinuing Swapnote back in 2013 because of concerns that sexual material was being transferred.
>The use of pirate software is irrelevant; the 3DS is simply weening the degenerates who operate it, as that is it's job.

I'm on 11.2 with a9lh and want to system transfer to a new console. If the console is on 11.4 (or any firmware that's not 11.2 for that matter) will I still keep the CFW after the transfer?

How much have the 3ds theme creation tools progressed?
Last I remember you still couldn't simulate all of the selected colors and custom music required the use of a different editing program.

any news guys?

Surely it will be funny if I post it 600 more times!

Do you really not have a single physical game? LOL.

Im the same. bought my 3ds in february this year, hacked it immediatly and only downloaded the games I wanted to play over the freeshop

>got posted to 3dshacks
>bunch of people thought it was real

Nope. Well GB, GBC, GBA and DS ones I do but no 3DS games, and I play the aforementioned ones via emulators nowadays anyway.

I doubt I'm the only one, especially within /hbg/.

so are bans still being given out?

Link? Kek I'm just copy pasting this on every hbg thread.

>Banned on my 2DS
>Not banned on my 3DS
>Heart races every time I check
I-I just wanna swap doodles, this is too much for me.

So, where exactly are these public keys coming from?

Have you ever edited the save?

Other unbanned anons sacrificing themselves. Be grateful

Someone's 3DS.

I edited Gen to remake my character. I'm not how I did it but I think there was a specific homebrew for editing Gen characters.

Russia.

Are the Miku games fun if I enjoy rhythm games?