What's the funnest car I can get for $3K?

What's the funnest car I can get for $3K?

miata or civix

MR2 AW11 or a kind of raunchy supercharged variant.

A salvage title 600cc motorcycle.

Any BMW E36 3xx

a sub-$1000 total shitbox you don't give a fuck about and $2k+ of simple mods

I was considering doing this
If i fitted a turbo or supercharger, when shitbox 1 came to the end of its life, could it be taken out and installed to another different car? Or are they car specific kits

I read that as funniest.

In which case, anything with stance.

miata

practical DD 2002-2006 sentra se-r spec v

a civic

I bought a Toyota Echo for $300. Wrenching on it has been pretty fun and gratifying, driving it's fun because I don't have to care about it.

Out of my 3 cars it's my most favorite, because it started out as a complete pile of shit and I've worked on it to actually make it a decent pile of shit.

THIS,
or a E34/E39 BMW 5 series. 540i in the E39 has the same engine as the M5.

The turbo itself you could reuse (provided the turbo shitting the bed isn't what kills the car) but the exhaust and intake piping and oil feed lines will need to be different.

Probably a Miata.
But sounds fun too.

Geo tracker or Suzuki Sidekick.

The E39 540 did not have an s62 in it you fucking moron.
You might as well say the M50 and S50 are the same fucking engine too then right?

Get a VW Super Beetle, drop an 1835cc and a progressive carb in that bitch. I'm surprised there isn't a larger following of air cooled VWs on Veeky Forums

I see people say Civic's a lot but what do people think about Honda Preludes?

Any pile of shit you can find that'll run until you're not poor and can afford a fun car.

Basically whatever will make it so you have more money when the time comes to buy a fun car and not have a horrible time getting there. So gas mileage, insurance rate, reliability are all things to take into account.

This is the reason most people say civic. The fuckers get like 40mpg, are really fun to modify and are cheap on insurance because they're slow.

I'm fixing to have around 8k to buy a car and I'm unironically thinking about just buying a 3k civic or corolla and saving up for a real weekend car like pic related.

Be good to your future self and all that.

guys

should I buy an NA miata or (((pay a mechanic))) restore my dads E36? It's the gutless 318i and it's been sitting outside in the rain for the last 5 years or some shit so it's proper fucked. Not driven during that time period tho.

Assuming they both cost the same.

Why not assess the situation and fix the E36 yourself if need be?

I have 0 mechanical knowledge. And my father won't let me touch it if I did (until I get it running that is, then I suppose it's a different story since it's "my" car.

Part of the reason I want a miat is to learn to wrench.

Sage

Depends on what your Craigslist has. You really shouldn't have expected anything but uneducated meme answers on here.

what mods?

Miata. Reliable, lots of fun, great to teach driving technique with

Mazda Miata Honda Civic Ford Focus