Do you think that the chiron will go down as the fastest non hybrid car in history? I'd say so desu...

Do you think that the chiron will go down as the fastest non hybrid car in history? I'd say so desu, I think it's going to go down in history as the most iconic car ever made

Overhyped shit that 9 year olds think is cool

Looks better than the veyron though.

>Do you think that the chiron will go down as the fastest non hybrid car in history
I reckon the TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve would've demolished it Wheeler didn't pull the plug on the project prematurely.

It is the car with the highest top speed in the world, how is that not an engineering marvel?

Going fast is relatively easy, doing it with the reliability and comfort that the Veyron and Chiron manage is shockingly difficult.

That's what I'm trying to say, the car is an engineering marvel. Some car people point at a 1000 hp supra and think "pffft Bugatti fukin sux I can buy a 1000hp supra for a tenth of the price" not knowing that the engine will not last the year, and will probably blow the fuck up if you try to accelerate on for a duration longer than a drag race.

Bugatti tested their chiron engine by having it run at max rpm for 25 hours, I'd really like to see a 1000hp ricebox do that.

non car people*
typo

Sounds like something an 8 year old would say

A lot of the reason it has that speed is because VAG happens to be in possession of the longest smoothest test track in the world that they absolutely will never let anyone else use for fear of what should be obvious (wouldn't want that other shitbox to potentially reach a higher speed and blow all my hype completely out the window). Personally for that reason i just wont ever take the car as seriously as its biggest fans (what would be a bigger engineering statement is not only setting the highest speed but proving no one can or will come close by confidently inviting your rivals to be humiliated) i mean its expensive and fancy and all on top of getting to talk about your meme number of cylinders and radiators etc and more than anything it will be a display piece for new-money people to show off their wealth and status as the maintenance cost on these cars are atrocious even for some rich people.

This is pasta, r-right? It HAS to be

Yep, stock pasta with lots of salt.

Don't think so.

He may be dumb enough to re type it every time, but I have seen it before, "boo hoo" my favorite car company can't compete because they don't have any where to test, well build a facility, Ferrari don't let Bugatti test at Fiorano.

Fiorano is just another race track, nothing can be gained there that can't be gained anywhere else and doesn't compare to physical space needed to reach a top speed.

Still doesn't change the fact that existing cars not reaching their full potential due to space alone makes makes it hard to care about "highest top speed" at all unless a milestone is actually broken imo. this goes for any Manufacturer. at this point its just one car being 3-5 MPH faster than another and paying for the bragging rights to said car at least that's how it was in the Veyron days with the SS being a few points faster than the Aero.

It's the same principle, if you want a test track that isn't an open race track you build your own, every major car company from Lotus up have done just that and built it specifically for the traits they want to test. If car company X doesn't have the track to test a specific aspect of a car that's on no one else.

The Veyron will always be more iconic

I think so, the chiron engine is just a reengineered veyron engine. I highly doubt they could change much else to squeeze out more power, and making a bigger engine would just be retarded.

>overhyped

yeah right that shit is awesome. 1479hp, 1180 lbs/ft of torque, all with a leather lined interior and a carbon fiber monocoque and a body literally built to funnel air for maximum efficiency? that shit is bonkers. you kids can go back to your 240sx's and camaros, this car is for men.

>It's the same principle
it isn't. a road course around something isn't comparable to miles of stretching road. tracks aren't needed to be built because they are everywhere and they don't even cost anywhere near as much as the VAG testing grounds do. this pretty much stops becoming an engineering game and becomes "who can waste the most money on things that don't even have to do with engineering" much like modern Le Mans.

its 2017 dude what supercar doesnt have this shit

in fact what sports car doesnt funnel air, have leather and make lots of power

considering there are only 4 other cars at even a comparable level as the Chiron, I'd say that this is pretty special (and considering that this is the only one that isn't a hybrid). you guys are just desensitized from seeing them all over the place.

What if Bugatti makes another non hybrid car faster than this?

doubtful, the way I see it is pretty much
nice trips btw

V&V have everything to do with engineering. It has always been one of the major money sinks in engineering. We had to build own own test track (rail) with variable cant gradient and twist to perform validation testing on our products. Yes it was expensive but if you intend to make claims about your machines you need to be able to back them up with more than just calculations.

that's like saying the LS7 is just a re-engineered LS1

there's a high ceiling for this engine, the trick is keeping it all together. we should see 2000hp before it's laid to rest

>2000hp engine with an electric motor addition

that would be the stuff of wet dreams

Another 16 year old hyping up already overhyped supercars, just what this board needed

People can make way faster cars with a budget as big as the Chiron’s price tag.

yeah, except they'll last for a few drag races before dying

People talked about the Veyron when it was coming out. People cared and shit. People talk about this thing so rarely I forgot it existed, which is kinda weird honestly.

>V&V have everything to do with engineering.
Yes, but Building 30 or so miles of stretching road do not. think of it this way, if you build a product who's biggest claim to fame is being tested in an environment of extreme perfect conditions that don't exist really anywhere else in the world you're just paying for bragging rights not the potential use of the product itself. i don't care that the other Manufacturer's can't test their cars but if the argument against anyone who's indifferent to the Veyron/chiron is "it did this thing no one else can repeat in some perfect environment no one else has" and the admission for doing that is potentially hundreds of millions of dollars that could take 5 years to a decade to build and contract. the goal itself matters less than building your own environment to achieve it i.e whoever dumps the most money into a non-realistic environment gets to claim victory vs the actual car. it could go on to infinity with how long you could build the stretch of road just to claim a benchmark all while the car itself doesn't get objectively better than its competitors you just start constructing the environment around it so it can perform better.

Your products are likely for general use purposes not for claiming records. most companies can and (should) build stuff like that because it test things that'll directly impact the user so they can improve it.