/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

How can Blizzard even compete?.

>CB participants get Witcher 2 for free, check your email!.

>Open Beta patch notes
reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6brhuq/open_beta_changes_stream_reveal_may_17/

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
gwent-tracker.com/

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>What Legendary card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo
>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Charcter Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/2AAmwwbB

Old Thread:

gold weather cards are cancer

TRISS A CUTE !

>Running 3x First Light in your deck in 2017
>Being afraid of RNR at all.

LMAO @ U

PS: There was a total of 3 frost effects and 2 fog effects in my board before he used RNR, I didn't clear a single one and he still couldn't keep up with my buffs.

This dwarf deck is more cancer than Queenfags and I'm loving it.

redpill me on your deck

How come some cards are animated and others arent

those cards are called movie cards

Animated are the holographics of the game. The gold version of the cards if you're from hearthstone.

premium vs normal
look through your collection and you'll see the animated ones are next to the regular ones. it's like foils irl

Would you play this game if it was a physical card game? Could it even compete as a physical card game or is yugioh and magic too big to take down?

Yugioh and magic are too popular. Then pokemon and eternal below that. Gwent would die quickly.

I would buy the cards to collect them but I wouldn't actually play it
I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't released printed hearthstone cards at all yet

There are too many mechanics that can't really be implemented in a physical card game. I also couldn't play it in my underwear while lying bed, so no.

There was physical WoW card game before HS happened, didn't hear anyone play it though.

I have a couple sets from the Witcher 3, never took them out of the plastic, so no, probably not

>watch gwent streeamers
>they all suck at the game

explain

Isn't lifecoach and his buttbuddy superjj supposed to be somewhat good at the game.

it really sucks that you only get a flat 50 exp if your opponent concedes.
Like, why am I getting punished for putting my opp in a no-win situation?

>people complain about gold weathers which can be countered by one card
>don't complain about a whole line of buffed dwarves with quen shields

L O L
O
L

New player here. I literally just dumped all my shit into crafting reveal Nilfgard before even allowed into ranked. Did I fuck up or not?

Northfags please don't respond, I don't give a shit what you think.

>watch superjj streaming
>top of the ladder is just mork SK mirrors

CDPR better be working on a balance patch otherwise the game will get stale as fuck

Basically you have this 24 strength opening on turn 1, Brouve Hoog leader > pulls Saskia > pulls Roach > summons Dennis Cranmer (who buffs all dwarfs in your hand and deck). This already gives you a huge card advantage.

Then you begin to snowball by buffing your dwarves with Resilience. Yarpen Zigrin gets +1 strength everytime you summon a dwarf.

Since all your dwarves are stacked on melee / siege row, RNR effect is minimized because it only hits 1 target in each row.

Your opponent have to commit A LOT to beat your total strength and even if he do this, you are going to carry the buffed dwarves with Resilience into the next round, so he gets rekt anyway.

Check my post in the previous thread where I talk about making a budget version of the deck.

go back to your own general
thanks

this looks pretty OP desu

its like people dont have cards to have more than one deck so they spend it all on the safe bet

wardancers look meh without a reliable mulligan to me, sure its free power deck thinning but you could slot in something better

how much stuff do you play after the initial combo in round 1? how do you deal with weather specifically, just pass with what you got to minimize losses or keep buffing?

Oh shit, I just realized i uploaded the wrong pic.

Here is the RNR match.

But i play Gwent now and Trissfu is in Gwent too

My level 10 reward was eskiel the only witcher i already owned. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1st for a big guy

i would tell you to the fuck off waifufaggots general but fuck me imagine those eyes and those tits going up and down on muh dick

also reminder to work out between matches

he baiting for (you)'s you retard dont reply to that degenerate

>imagine those eyes and those tits going up and down on muh dick

>how much stuff do you play after the initial combo in round 1?

My usual mulligan consists in throwing Saskia/Roach back into the deck and keeping only one of these two: Yarpen Zigrin and Dennis Cranmer.

I like to play dennis first because he buffs the dwarves in hand and also I don't care if he dies, then I summon Yarpen Zigrin (this one I must keep alive because of Resilience)

Also make sure you don't have all your buff specials in hand, you want at least one buff in your deck because ITHLINNE will pull it and duplicate it.

About weathers, as long as I have units with resilience i commit to the round by buffing them. Weather that only targets 1 unit like Fog and RNR have minimal effect if you are stacking them in one row.

Frost is also minimal because your potions buffs 3 units with +4 strength, it would take 4 turns for frost to cancel it.

On top of the fact that Mahakam Guards buffs each dwarf for +5 strength... Weather becomes a joke.

Could villentretenmerth work in a Scoia'Tael control deck?

When will they buff Trissfu ?

Triss a slut. Everyone's had her, and that's why she's a standard card. Now fuck off to your containment thread.

for the last time just report and ignore his fucking posts

>Triss a slut.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting lies you little bitch.

>implying implications

I'm leaning for roach but does Crone summon mean you have to have the addition cards or do they just summon?

>being attractive is considered being a slut for yencucks

You do realize, that even if Yen transformed herself from a literal gravehag to a decent looking woman she didn't had to fuck half of the continent, right ?
It's not mandatory to fuck every person on sight when you are good-looking, take Trissfu for example, everyone yearned for her, but nobody could get her except lucky Geralt

>Summon
Pulls from your deck. If there is nothing to pull, nothing happens.
>Spawn
Pops out of the fucking ether.

"Summon" means they are taken from your deck, so you need the other cards.

"Spawn" is when the card is created out of thin air.

Also note that to summon they must be in your deck, you can't summon from your hand or the graveyard.

Whoops.

>blue stripes commando went from one of the best cards in the original gwent(tw3) to literal garbage

WTF

You must have all 3 of them in your deck, I would go for Roach user because even monster decks benefit from Roach.

thanks for clearing that up

can you spawn if you dont actually have the card

>tfw just started playing 2 days ago and keep getting matched up against high level taunt spamming weather decks with fancy ranked portraits and all the top tier cards.

My solace is denying GGs. My despair is that they probably already have all the cards.

>Liabells will never fart into your open mouth while making horse noises
WHY
EVEN
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

>Streaming faggot on the upper left
And dropped.

lifecoach seems to be the only competent one

closest ive seem him come to playing a meme deck was using franchesca before he unlocked the other leaders and he was still optimizing the deck as much as he could

>Trio: Create 1 base copy of a BSC on the bottom of your deck

what the fuck does that even mean??

if you get 3 of them on the board you get a fourth...at the bottom of your deck? explain this fucking shit im so confused

Geralt is a manslut though

Yes, that's exactly what the card says it does.

Dumb animeposter

You mean if I have a card that Spawn's Alzur's Thunder but no Alzur's Thunder in my collection and I select that to Spawn will Dethmold (or whoever) Spawn it? Yes. He should.

When he is with perfection as Trissfu he doesn't think about other women.

what does that even mean

"at the bottom of your deck"

If only NR had a good trio effect so you could actually play Trollolo.
If only NR had good cards
If only I didn't get Bloody Baron from a pack and even when I built a control deck around him the highest he's ever gotten is like 7 power.

I am fairly certain that NR in open beta is way fucking weaker than nilf was in closed, and this is coming from someone who played a lot of fucking nilf in closed.

it makes a card at the bottom of your fucking deck
what part you cant understand?

This might be a hard concept for a Hearthbabby to grasp, but in Gwent there is an actual deck with an actual order of cards. If you drew every single card in your deck, the very last one you pull would be that commando.

I sincerely hope you understand what I'm saying.

but WHY the fuck would you want to do that?

whats the fucking point of making another one at the bottom of your deck? and does it create a brand new BSC out of nowhere to put at the bottom or does it draw it from the graveyard?

You're heading to the pub after a long day of banishing nekkers and this little girl says from atop the low wall outside, "Hey mister, me and my friend aren't old enough to go inside, think you could bring us with you? You can tickle me if you want to."

Wat do?

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

hearthstone babies everyone

YES. It creates a fourth copy at the bottom of your deck with the exact same card text, which means that too can be pulled out by another 3 power unit.

Don't strain yourself overthinking this. It's actually quite simple.

I DONT UNDERSTAND

WHAT IS THE FUCKING BENEFIT OF MAKING AN EXTRA BSC AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DECK

WHY IS THIS WORTH GETTING THE TRIO BONUS

>pull a drought card in first 5 kegs
>win every match

lol who thought the new weather was anything but cancer

BECAUSE YOU CAN PULL THAT CARD OUT WITHOUT DRAWING IT YOU FUCKING RETARD
MORE
TEMPO
E
M
P
O

that's cute

t. Auckes and Peter Saar

why can't wild hunt navigator create a copy of Frost Giant

I thought Frost Giant was a bronze card as well

It can only copy units that are designated "wild hunt"! in their description.

It's not a wild hunt unit.

ive been cucked again

>lost round 1 because I'm too far behind
>the guy tries to win round 2 for some reason instead of passing numerous times to make me play 2 cards and be behind going into the final round
>plays almost his entire hand
>I win

You people are awful at this game.

>i dont know how to read

That's what Ida(Quen on resilient dwarfs) and immune boost are for.

I can't decide if Merigold's Hailstorm is worth keeping in my nilf deck or not. On one hand it destroys stunty shitters, on the other hand they usually have a hard time due to Auckes and Peter and Bonbon anyway.

I probably should just stick Albrich in that silver slot. I was trying Serrit for a while but he feels kind of underwhelming, even if you manage to Cynthia first.

Help me come up with a name for my reveal deck.

I went with "Look under my coat"

Why the hell is everyone circlejerking Nilfgaard so hard? Usually no one else brags about their main faction, yet with Nilfgaard players in the thread every second post is like

>praise le great sun
>le nordling cucks
>le watch how i blow out this NR starter deck with my double weather
>le anima est

Are you guys that insecure?

theres so many fucking utility cards how do i know which ones to take

this is even worse than yugioh because at least in yugioh the spell cards were diverse enough to the point where you knew what was good

in this game half of them are just buffing your guys in different ways or hurting the enemies in different ways

>Are you guys that insecure?
Yes. We had it rough during closed beta and now it's the great sun's time to shine.

>Dorf player forfeits and doesn't GG my NR deck

gold weather is the only thing keeping nilfgaard in check

Nilfgaard has been shit ever since it was introduced. It's nice that's it's not so bad anymore. Meanwhile Scoia'tael has literally never not had a tier 1 deck.

How many cards do you guys own and have you put in money?

Think about what your deck is built to do. Think about what your opponent could do to fuck your deck and/or beat you. Consider what you could do to prevent that. Then ignore all of it and run 3 first light and 3 row clear dudes and your silver mage for another clear skies because everyone is going to play 15 weathers on you every game.

>opponents last card is scorch
>burns his own unit

ayy lmoa

245/634 for premium/nonpremium, 217/317 nonpremium, I spent $140.
I should've just spent $70. Burned through my welfare kegs from CB, wanted more, bought a 60 keg stack, decided I wanted more, second 60 keg stack just gave me Bloody Baron and vanilla Ciri and like 30 Lamberts. Still missing more than half the epics and a fuckton of golds including the gold weathers. I want to die.

Nilfgaard lost not one, but TWO wars against objectively inferior Nordlings. They are hated by the North, Skellige, Nonhumans and their own provinces. Their emperor is such an insecure manbaby that he tries to marry his own daughter for le realm.

It's no suprise that Nilfgaard and all the players who associate with it are turbo autists with an inferiority complex

this happened to me the other day

i forgot scorch could fuck my own shit up as well

>enemy gets 4 BSCs on the board plus some other 3 attack units
>play epidemic

lol stay cucked NR players

Can a rank 1-2 player check what their position is on the ladder? I wonder how many people are already on the ladder.

alright, change the queensguard and set them to 1 base strength but give them a "whenever this unit enters the graveyard, spawn another queensguard in the graveyard"

let them retain both the veteran and "resurrect all queensguard" perks.

it would mean that queensguards would pack a hell of a bigger punch in the last round and would guarantee cerys getting out every time. counters would still work, especially if deployed early but would no longer result in an automatic lose.

all while the deck would be very weak the first round and fairly meh the second round, forcing it to expend a lot of resources to get into the third round, but once it's there it packs a massive swing

Y/N

who wouldn't marry ciri tho

you can disable emotes in the options menu