/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Ask for a guest pass in the thread if you don't want to commit to 10 fucking dollars oy vey.
All classes can be fun and/or viable.
If you have to ask, the game isn't worth it. Go away.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

somethinglovely.net/bdo/
cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/iY50t
imgur.com/a/2yqvo
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/9K56C
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/7wzsn
imgur.com/a/XkTwf
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
imgur.com/a/SAByH
imgur.com/a/Au4nj
imgur.com/a/sti8o
imgur.com/a/ZPPwD
imgur.com/a/MxHKa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love my mistress

>got the cross thread comment in RIGHT before it died
wheres my cookie

kys

You get free succ, contact Oothier

What gear and skills should I be getting as ninja.

I don't know what the fuck happened to the memory fragments but I suddenly empathize heavily with EUcucks. I'm just going to hope they get overstocked again at some point in the next week or two.

>spreadsheets
0 seconds because I'm not going to treat this game like any more of a job than I already do, I pull in 50mil a day almost entirely AFK with a suboptimal setup and that's good enough for me. Hoping to get it in the 75-100 range when I have an army of artisan goblins.

HELP!

>pull in 50mil a day almost entirely AFK
how

>2% in 100 kills

I was expecting grind but i thought the soft cap was 56, not 50.

>trailer on the store page shows snowing Margoria
>in game Margoria is fucking empty wasteland with nothing to do or interact with

Don't forget to roll your dice!

are there any other outfits like Serandian Soldier where you get it from questing or is that all I can hope for?

It is 56. If you think 50-56 is grind you aren't prepared for when you hit 56 and start on 57.

>tfw .001 xp per kill

That's the only freebie, anything else you gotta buy with silver or pearls.

Need bbc?

Thanks, slut. I keep forgetting they brought i back.

How often are those passes to make shit into actual outfits for the slot sold for? And for how much? I don't have much in the way of money because I've been focusing down the quest for the black spirit but now I really want a cool looking outfit.

do I just keep doing elephant veila runs up until Master2?

i want to roll my dick all over your tummy

It also resets at a weird time.

Never. If they do go up they're like 7.5M? The price is shown on the market whether they're up or not.

Nobody lists them because the dollar cost is too high for the silver gained.

Rarely, because it isn't the most cost-benefit efficient. You can only post 5 cash shop items to the market a week, so whales usually sell costumes since it brings the most money per item, with value packs second. Just set a notification and hope you're close enough to do something if it drops, or if someone takes requests ask for the coupon and hope they listen.

>Goyen being sold
How do I make money? I've seen enough Warrior sets go on sale and stay on sale for several minutes and it pisses me off being poor. I need like 40 more mil.

What is it called? Is it the equipment tailoring coupon? I've seen a few of those.

Should I even bother with questing with my returning player's 2x or should I just focus on getting everything up into the 50s

It's not the most efficient, but certain base items always move on the market like copper and iron ores, so stockpile that with workers and sell it. That combined with grinding Mediah spots for drops helps a lot early on. If you have pets, go to Sausans and Pirates if you're hard enough.

Yeah, it's 8pm EST everyday, slut.

Get a main to 56, get your awakening
Level up other classes you might like to play
Do quests for CP once you have a base and want some autonomy

After 56 everything slows down to a crawl and the bonus is hard to see.

Pretty sure that's it, not online right now. I suspect they may start to drop some more now that the item that adds a crystal slot to cash shop outfits is out and needs the coupon to create the crystals.

>tfw Dandelion Weapon Box from Karanda two days in a row

what is this luck

Good morning, babe. Where the hell where you last thread?

was out drinking with a couple of my brothers last night

How many workers would be good to start with?

1. What is failstacking
2. Should I bother enchanting my own gear to +15 or should I just buy it

>tfw too stupid to manage workers
haha

>Windalgo forcing /bdog/ in the podcast
Cringe.

As many as you can manage. Velia has the potato farms, which also seem to sell, so that you can beer up your workers, but it also has two iron nodes and two copper nodes nearby. If you go south, Heidel has more iron and copper at the quarry nearby so that's 3 iron and 3 copper nodes you can access early on pretty easily. You can probably nab all those nodes for about 40-50 contribution points, and if that's too much focus on Velia alone and that should be around 30ish.

You could also get into clothing sales which has good turnover generally but that has more steps to it and takes more contribution, around 100 contribution you might want to rebuild your network for that or things like life tools which can use up your excess iron and copper. Pretty basic low effort industries.

When you fail an enchant you get a failstack, which gives a bonus to the next attempt. Proper fail stacking reduces the expense of repairing high cost gear. Look up a guide because it isn't easy to properly explain in brief but is important.

As for the second, buying is typically cheaper than enchanting but requires you have all the money up front, and if you're careful and lucky enchanting can be cheaper than the market but requires luck no matter how careful you are. Choose based on your willingness to roll virtual dice.

you can enhance your own gear to +15, or you can buy it straight off of MP which will cause you a lot less pain, i suggest waiting with enhancing until you absolutely have to

failstacking involves using Reblath Armor pieces (bought from Blacksmith in Velia) (this is the most used method for failstacks), upgrading the armor piece to +14, then throwing black stones at it until you reach up to 15 failstacks (going further is risky), you then use those failstacks to enhance gear that's expensive/hard to enhance. people usually make several alts to hold several failstacks of different sizes

if your Reblath pieces goes to +15 you throw it on an alt, go kill a horse (plenty of horses south of Port Epheria) to reach negative karma, then go kill yourself on higher level mobs, eventually the +15 will go down to +14 and you can try building failstacks again

that's the gist of it

the reason people use Reblath is that it's cheap to repair

Question for AFK fishing, how do I keep my rod from breaking when I am gone for 8 hours

How do I get seeds from crops I have farmed? Can they be extracted some how?

Get an Epheria Rod +5, the one that adds durability per level.

Hyperbole.

I'm really considering getting this due to the sale and because it looks kind of cool but I usually hate MMOs. Do you have to like MMOs to like this game?

Well the combat is more involved than most MMO's, and lifeskills let you run your own little (or big) industry

but in the end its still an MMO at heart. Grab the $6 version if you are skeptical. The packages make your start and grind a bit easier, but dont have anything necessary. Ignore the pet shitters

Running industries is definitely my type of thing, is it like the X series? If I can get a combat and management autism fix in one game this might actually be perfect.

Later on you will get 0.001% in 100 kills. And I'm not even joking.

Reblath might not be as good anymore, with the introduction of the durability enhancement mode.

Do people use these or are they just using them as fodder for powder?

Maybe I should too.

Hotwheels looking motherfucker

>Spending 105k silver
>Gets 72k silver worth of dust
Yeah, sounds like a great plan.

You can't even buy black powder on the market because it's always sold out you retard.

Yeah, that totally changes the math on blue gems.
Don't try any of the others with vastly better returns though, that would be really stupid.

Black powder supply is infinite because you can buy crystals for 30k from the vendor.

I got 122k worth from a 95k gem, you were saying?

Cool cool, I guess I'll grind them myself instead of throwing them on the marketplace.

>want to set up a worker empire
>spent all my contribution on connecting nodes
this game is impossible

You deserve it for posting the worst girl.

How much CP? Just grind your dailies.

Also don't connect cities unless you want to export/import labor, the transport fees are negligible.

yo niggers whats the general tier list for this game

i have 54 max CP and 2 cp left
here's how i spent it

I've actually been thinking about this, but part of the problem is reliability. You're either going to have to fight with the amity minigame and higher repair costs, or rely on an often unstable market if you go for a flexible enchant armor that allows durable enchants. Also RNG is still RNG, I tested the idea with my +14 Grunil and went to +15 with 11, 5, and 8 enchants using "low chance" durable enchants. I'm not sold on it being worth it.

I just came back to playing and i have 100 million silver - what do i do with this

Fucking Hot-wheels ass horse

somethinglovely.net/bdo/
This helps a lot friend.

Natural selection will weed people like you out of the gene pool eventually.

Drooling on keyboard and clearing armies tier: Witch/Wizard/DK
1v1 me noscoper pros: tamer/maehwa
Babbies tier: warrior, grabmonkey zerker
Dying of thirst and can't hold all my mana pots: ranger
Irrelevant: all the rest.

Why.

give it to me you dont need that much

buy yourself a gumball bud
cute map, but you should be worried about getting the resource nodes instead of connecting everything together right away.

can you even trade gold in this shit game? if I can ill just sell it for that real $

Cut the connection to Calpheon. Oberen Farm-Tarte Fork (Calpheon-Keplan) is basically a dead zone. No nodes, high cost going through 3 CP nodes. If you really need to connect it to Keplan, go through Falres-Keplan Quarry (6 CP vs 12 CP), that way you get two great nodes (Oze Pass and the Quarry).

Keplan-Glish is another dead zone.

Do you have ANY idea on what you want to gather, even?

You aren't even gathering at most of these nodes.

Dump everything connecting glish-calpheon. You're not using any of that.
Unless you're selling your afk fishing stuff to the imperial trader at glish you don't need that either.
All that stuff connecting to western guard camp you're not gathering: dump that too.

You only have to connect node routes for a few things.
1. to trade trade goods at full value along the path
2. to send workers to remote areas to gather/craft
3. get a resource you want and you have to go through X town anyway.

Otherwise dump them just to get resources and more workers/nodes. The only real sink cost is if you active fish and you must get most of the ocean nodes for the fish value and those nodes are 1cp each.

i-i was planning to trade through hiedel and calpheon sorry
here was the eventual plan though

jesus christ im afraid to even START looking at lifeskills

Hello.

What is it about Witch/Wizard that places them so high in the class tiers list?

Generally curious and considering rolling one.

Also do Witch/Wizard have different movesets?
Does Ninja/Kunoichi have different movesets?
Does Samurai/Girl Samurai have different movesets?

I haven't played in a year and want to start fresh with a class that I can eventually use to farm/aoe lots of mobs with.

If you're going to active trade then leave them, but like an user said earlier there's a cheaper CP path to get to calpheon rather than spending 3 on all those gateways.

Those are just node lists for high value resources. If you want them then you can just connect closest route-to-town to them and gather with close workers. When it comes time to trade your crates much later you can connect then or w/e. The point is you can gather resources for cheap.

Your olvia connections are almost totally unneeded though. Almost nothing there is worth except grapes/olives for cooking. The ore there doesn't proc a bonus afaik and neither does the ashwood.

Which Islands have houses on them? I already know Iliya island

Lema island

Will this work. And is there a limit on maids?

>stick main onto pirate island
>have multiple maids take loot to velia
>have alt stationed in velia sell loot

>What is it about Witch/Wizard that places them so high in the class tiers list?

high aoe damage make them really good farmers/grinders and major threats in large scale pvp

they're weakest aspect is 1v1's, but they can do work there to

Wizard is more melee centric and has a grab, Witch is more range centric and has a block

>trade
Pack that up unless you're a Professional trader, since those Calpheon goods don't even open up until Pro1. Even Keplan has a Skilled requirement.

Unlink everything and you can get a few of those you have listed.

I'd recommend getting at least Cereal produced, so you can make your own Beer. Then you can start investing in the money nodes.

I can't emphasize Calpheon dailies enough at your CP though. You'll get like +6~7 CP per day.

It's not that bad if you start small and expand. It helps if you have a goal, like say "I want to cook to get contribution points and I don't care as much about making silver."
Then you know what you need to look for and you might be able to turn your cooked goods into imperial crates too for some silver.
The alternative is like that user did which is to look up raw silver values per day for a perfect worker on those nodes and just get those and sell them to the market for silver and do what you want while you learn about the game systems.
The important part is just to start gathering/workers.

Their aoe clear is insane, their damage is insane for the low gear requirements they have, they're flashy, they're good at zerg pvp.

Witch/wiz: nearly identical. One skill is different basically.
nin/kuno: different. Both suck, but kuno maybe less for pve.
maehwa/musa are different: maehwa is useful in pvp for 1v1 assassinations and musa is a better aoe pve clearer and has no real role in pvp.

How do I make fishing profitable

does a Witch/Wiz boss alt need awakened weapon or can you just spam MMA with a decent staff equipped?

Get an epheria sailboat
Get as many inventory slots on a character as you can afford
Get a decent level of fishing from afk overnight fishing in velia
Go sailing. Connect all those island nodes.
Fish hotspots.
Fill boat and inventory.
Sell to an imperial trader since you probably don't have master2 trading.

That's it.

Doesn't matter at all. Just dink the boss with damage and pray to RNG gods.

>Get an epheria sailboat
stopped right here. Too much work to make and nobody ever sells them

How do I attack monsters?

You can use a poverty boat, but you'll have to keep making or buying them and they're slower.

>not just passively getting the logs needed for it while chopping timber for trade crates
The sooner you cucks realize that everything in this game leads to something else the easier time you'll have at making money.

I use taritas shoes, since there's always shitloads on market for some reason. When they get to +15 sometimes I just attempt PRI for extra stacks and/or sell it for reimbursement.

Nobody ever sells them because they're too much work to make more than once. Use a poverty boat, it gets the job done as long as you don't take it into the deep ocean.

Personally I'm stockpiling resources for the 2 cannon version they showed. It'll either be an ungodly amount of resources and I make a sailboat instead, or it takes similar resources and is a sidegrade and I get my warship.

>One skill is different basically.
Would that be the grab and block that mentioned? Wouldn't you want to stay out of range with either since mages usually have low defense/cloth armor in MMORPGs? So in that case, would Witch have a slight edge over wizard?

>they're weakest aspect is 1v1's, but they can do work there to
So for 1v1 it takes more effort to win as a mage compared to other classes?

Thanks to the both of you. I'll scour youtube to further see how they differ.

Might go Witch for the 2cute, but being able to dye Wizard to look like a pimp is also tempting.

Does max height/least height offer any advantage or affect hurtbox and hitbox for combat?

INCOMING

ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Creepshots imgur.com/a/iY50t
FutaMistress imgur.com/a/2yqvo
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
DrowLewds imgur.com/a/9K56C
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
LewdTattooSorc imgur.com/a/7wzsn
Elf#276 imgur.com/a/XkTwf
Horsefucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Mayyd imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
Lesbians imgur.com/a/SAByH
Sharky imgur.com/a/Au4nj
Thick imgur.com/a/sti8o
PinkSorc imgur.com/a/ZPPwD
ThickWitch imgur.com/a/MxHKa

Yes, grab is more powerful for 1v1.

They're worse at 1v1 because they don't deal as well against classes that have a strong block or a really high mobility to get past the aoe fucking quickly or catch them trying to teleport away to heal.
It doesn't really matter because if you're asking this you are the food for pvp sharks.
PvP is 98% settled by gear differences and the rest only matters if the gear is equal or the class has bugs that haven't been fixed or are dependent on server latency/desync.

There are z-height issues for some mobs/abilities, but I don't think it's much of a problem for pvp.