/owg/ - Overwatch General

Torb mains edition

COMPETITIVE SEASON 4 AND THE FREE WEEKEND BOTH END MAY 29 AT 0:00 UTC.
ANNIVERSARY EVENT ENDS JUNE 12.

>Anniversary Event page
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/anniversary/

>Event Item Tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/ANNIVERSARY_2017

>Overwatch Contenders league
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Latest PC live patch notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Tips/tricks/basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

Prev:

Torbjorn is objectively the most rewarding character to play, and honestly he could use a buff

i've gob u in me sites

Jamison Fawkes! And Jesse McCree!

How was everyone's Saturday? Anything interesting happen?

If you don't listen to Bambous while Sombra dances, she really isn't your waifu

Hana is for breeding but only with me

>when you make them so mad their nanoblading Genji goes for your turret first

How often does this happen to you

Ranking like #7 in most played time with Torb, he's okay, just some things I would like to see:

>Torbjorn's Health is 100 HP, 100 Armor default
>Tanks drop two scrap units
>Armor scales for tank classes, so its not just 75 HP
>During Molten Core, Torbjorn gets unlimited ammo, but must reload after it wears off

25 boxes, but I finally got a skin.

>got Widow's dance emote
So pretty

My custom Bleu for a sex simulator

>he buys golden weapons for not torbjorn and symmetra

first of all

I've been playing this game since before launch and I still have no clue what armor and shields do except give you extra health and why some characters have armor and why some have shields

>When not one, but 2 different people waste their ults on your turret
>Sometimes they don't even manage to kill it

Give me one good reason as to why Symmetra shouldn't be removed from the game entirely

holy shit
people still make cards and mods for that?
guess it's time to dust it off

She's purple

>During Molten Core, Torbjorn gets unlimited ammo, but must reload after it wears off
This would be amazing, Molten Core feels so underwhelming if you spend half of your time reloading

Because tards will play her on attack and lower her winrate.

>repairing turret in backlines
>genji swift strikes the turret
>he dies by your hammer
>"Hah! You walked right into that one!"

how do people care this much for skins
wtf,

Armor is good against absorbing lots of small damage (automatic weapons do less damage), whereas shields recharge and protect more against singular damage, like from rockets and snipers

>You ult just before your turret dies

She wouldn't touch you with a 15m stick.

>enemy Tracer is bullying you
>she throws a pulse bomb on your turret
>timing it right, Molten Core next to your turret
>you die to the explosion, turret quickly goes back to full HP
>still have Molten Core

the best feels

REMINDER THAT TP IS FOR MY BUNGHOLE

7 W 1 L. Still mostly seeing plat and diamond. I'm probably high plat but I'll know in a couple matches.

>Hero swapping is disabled during the last 30 seconds of a game or during Overtime
What happens?

>Ex challenger in lol , right now in masters
>Grandmaster in overwatch
>Feel like i don't improve anymore because i switch between the games

Alright fags listen up. For someone who might want a future in esports , what would be the safer game to focus 100% on?

Honzo switches

Holy shit sombra is pretty decent now when did they buff her? She was always good for hit and run on paper but now her abilities cool down so fast she has barely any downtime between attacks, and her ult charges lightning fast. I just had a short match on hollywood attack, no more than 3-5 minutes and in that time I hacked 30+ people. I havent played her in comp yet but she feels way better now.

Im loving this chonga bitch POST SOMBRA pls

>playing Ana is still fun
>almost every game I'm the first one on fire
>I'm on fire most games now
IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM

Did you win the match?

Being on fire and still losing is like dunking on someone into 76 points vs. 106

LoL esports is big right now, we don't know how OW esports will turn out until the OW League fully rolls out

>For someone who might want a future in esports , what would be the safer game to focus 100% on?
You should focus 100% on killing yourself

Yeah, I did win the match. I've actually been winning more matches now that I've switched from Lucio/Hog/Rein to Ana
>tfw 56% unscoped accuracy and 68% scoped accuracy average

I won 7/10 of my placements, mostly seeing plats and diamonds and got placed in high gold.

Correct.The lcs is dying slowly for a while now , but i'm afraid no one will care about the OW league.

>Goldbabby mad because he sucks at video games

Gonna be a Torbjorn main on my alt and get to GM with a 47% winrate

Godspeed, Tight granny

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

>play D.Va
>pretty much single handedly win the game with one good ult at 10 seconds remaining and getting a triple kill
>no one upvotes me, everyone upvotes the fag genji with 12 elims or whatever instead

how do i play tracer on 2cp, payload maps? I only do good with her on koth maps which I thinks its because of how those maps are designed

Sounds like someone got hit by their own flashbang

Junkrat should clean himself up.

When the Anniversary started, I really liked Mayhem Mode. Everyone messed around, lots of crazy shit happening, people would have dance-offs and booping contests and all sorts of silliness. But now it's become as tedious as the rest of the game. Why? Because now even it's developed a meta that everybody strictly adheres to. People have discovered all of the characters Blizzard had forgotten to adjust or made their abilities even more bullshit, like Zarya's 2-second bubbles and Mei's 2-second Ice Wall and Cryo and Ana's infinite Sleep Jar and Eternal Jarate, while characters like Sombra and Orisa still have their key abilities like Hack and Barrier at 8 seconds. So now every team has the former three plus Winston and his infinite barriers and if you don't do the same you can't even contest the payload.

Why does everything have to become ruined by autists with metas? Can't we just have fucking fun?

why does torbjorn's shotgun right-click have a faster projectile speed than the single shot left-click?

Post your pawtuhguhs

Zenyatta is the best robot, you all should play him more.

It also has almost no range and massive spread.

Autists would literally create a meta for a shiteating contest.

I've lost every single game I've played for the last 4 days despite there genuinely being nothing more I could have possibly done to increase my team's chances.
This is really frustrating.

Because Metas help you win

Helps with hitting targets who are either evasive or on low health. The single shot is more like a lob, good for long distance sniping

You keep swapping them up

She wouldnt touch you if her life fucking depended on it

Its super bugged and goes right through people a lot

NO HE DOESN'T. STOP IT. STOP IIIIIIIT

He probably smells like a garage. I think that's okay, though, and either way it'd be nice to get to give him a bath!

I need healing

Mayhem doesn't need a meta, it's for having fun, not being Competitive mkII.

Is there any reason to play comp if i dont care for gold weapons?

internet big dick points

Becoming better

nope

I think its fun to play non meta heroes and hear people bitch about it

Nope, McCree instead also Sombra just cause

Make way for Canon DVa

>putting sprays after kills

I think you confused this general for reddit

Problem with comp is that the only reward is a participation medal "gold weapons" and no actual incentive to actually try to climb

nah. it's very stupidly designed if you ask me.

you aren't allowed to leave during Assemble Your Team when you disagree with teampicks and it isn't an accurate measure of skill since Tanks and Supports still dominate the game and they're the easiest heroes to play.

tumblr unironically believes that everyone who isnt white shares the same facial features as niggers

>tfw didn't get officer D.va skin
It's really one of her best ones

Do you need to spray after every kill? Isn't just the once enough?

torb on volsk defense is the most fun you can have in the game

from (me)

I love this picture.
They literally just drew a black guy, painted him white, slapped a wig on him and called him a 19 year old Korean girl.

Ew

long time ago, jeff said about comp points might be used for other cosmetic stuff, but idk if they still thinking to give an update to that, guess its not a priority now but one day surely will be used for other things besides gold weapons, so it wont hurt saving them
if you lazy to do comp, just play the 10 allocation matches every season and thats all

You need to assert dominance whenever possible

torb on volsk offense is better

whats the best skin in the game

hard mode: not legendary

Someone call Officer D.va and have this thing locked up.

Torb does not belong is this fucking game.

You guy heroes like Pharah/Genji/Tracer/Sombra (the only fun ones) who get fucking ripped apart from this machine that's like a million miles away.

Not only that, even when they destroy it, Torb just builds another one instantly out of fucking nowhere (materials easy to come by)

Then ask your teammates to destroy it, they'll act the same way when you act them to get on point/get a kill/a heal: They'll fucking ignore you.

That's not enough that they'll still have the fucking obese old Pigfuck that this game is so infatuated with making sure whoever uses him gets super tank powers and free kills every 8 seconds to stroke their ego.

I hope they start killing off characters, and that Torb will be the first to die. He's dull, uninspiring, and a cheap bootleg knockoff of Engineer. Fuckers like him belong in Paladins or Mystic Heroes/some shit.

Actual canon D.va

I don't even have the energy and patience to do the 10 placement matches. I just know what I'm in for when I join that shit, I prefer QP and Arcade exclusively.

>tfw can't play comp because at random times ping shoots up to 1000+
>Close to 3000 Comp Points
>It was completely fine until this event started
Fix your fucking shit Blizzard.

Americree

torb spawning and pressing q for potg will never not be funny

As a Mercy main
You made me blush

Americree or Coldhardt

Breeding Mercy against her will is okay. If it's within her race, then there's nothing wrong with it.

cinnabar gengu

Its going in the lootbox rotations, same for oni genji

>canon D.Va is a black mtf tranny

enjoying the free weekend?

Why don't you switch and go like him then

>Torb just builds another one instantly out of fucking nowhere (materials easy to come by)

Torb's building turret is not based on resources like TF2 Engi. It's just based on cooldown.

then at least try to do them in events, they're good source of exp for that, although for this one, total mayhem is a good farming one