/wtg/ - War Thunder General

FOTM Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/HSV4qn9

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoia-Marchetti_SM.91
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how do I f-82

ship cbt when

maybe i can't aim for shit but i can't imagine how you even play planes that can't turn

hundreds of hours of practice and turbo autistim

Just finished installing the new update. What am I in for? Should I click Play or not?

autism*, fighting hard to use g55s as i type

How many 127kg bombs do i need to destroy a base?

i just don't get why historically pilots liked those up-and-down-with-no-turning planes and feared them much more than the agile ones

irl japs were afraid of lightning, in the game nobody and especially japs are afraid of it

Well, i found out. Its 5.

they were good for team based tactics and not getting killed for great honor

it doesn't make aiming in one go easier though

war thunder hard mode unfortunately, i've been tempted to give in and play japs or brits myself but my autism won't let me do it

>trying to fight spits in do335
probably the worst shit i've ever experienced in this game

how does TrackIR work?

like if you turn your head to watch your back you are no longer watching the screen, how the fuck does that make sense?

You're supposed to set the sensitivity so that to look behind you, you turn your head far enough to be watching out of the corners of your eyes, or at least somewhere close to that
watch a video of someone using it with a facecam, you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about

i suppose you should have multiple screens...

it's logarithmic

Xth for G.55 is a decent plane and Spitniggers are just whining they aren't the only UFO in their tier anymore.

guys, is it me or pasta jets are the easiest to grind?

They are, because spaghetti has the least amount of shit to grind through

should I buy the G.55S?

IRL you fought with formations and had someone else covering your ass. If they don't get you, they just go up, if you try to go up the other one stops you.

Having double boom-and-zoomers go on your ass is not fun.

Only if the rest of the spaghetti tree looks appealing to you.

Im sitting here reading through the thread and every time that kid angry at the Italian planes posts it's so easy to tell it's him writing the same shit over and over.
No you arcade shitter, in the game modes that matter the G.55s is not overpowered, it has good guns, dives well, is just-fast-enough to force the yaks and spits to keep their mice off the edges of their screens. Anyone in a P-51, P-46, or any energy fighter that knows what they're doing can bounce the G.55 all day.
If you want to know the best planes to counter it
>P.51
>P.47
>P.63 (specifically slav cobra without wing fifties)
>La5
>La7
>La7B20
>A-26B
>>Spit IX

You have to be not retarded and refuse to enter a scissor with the spit IX, but you play ab, do you even know what scissoring is?
>Tiffys

What
said
The entire tree is literally the same plane from the fucking 202 to the G.56, just a little bit faster and with better guns as you go. The attackers are all hot trash sans the F-84 and the reserve meme thing. Every bomber is just straight fucking garbage. The G.91 is really cute, small, and has actual real rocket pods.
That is to say, none of their planes in the fighter line are bad, they're just all the same.

Take that as you may

>Italian fighters get released
>Bongs have a heart-attack since they're not facing flying bricks or slow origami any more
I'm liking this timeline.

+L5000!

Let's also not forget that in real life you don't have a 3rd person view or your plane with a nice 360° rotating camera. Which meant spotting and dodging several attackers was way harder.

>>P.63 (specifically slav cobra without wing fifties)
Based Porky.

>z.10007
This plane is suprisingly comfy to fly. The only problem with it is that if you have 100% throttle you will overheat, but at 98% you wont

The P.108A might be a good situational attacker if the 102mm actually damaged ships. At least that would make it somewhat viable for navy oriented maps.

As it is, it's far too big and far too squishy to pull off being an actual attacker.

>p-47n and m that can't climb for shit get an airspawn
>people chimp out
>ta 152 that climbs really well gets an airspawn
>noone cares
fucking nazisharts are ruining this game

post your ta 152 stats, shitter

>it's an F-82 runs episode
fucking love these episodes

I didn't know the catalina had wing cloaking technologies

also
C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

The Z.10007 cockpits are very comfy at night, but whats the thing at the top center of the console?

You should kill yourself

It looks like a very poorly modelled heading indicator/compass.

The cockpit is a placeholder after all.

Yeah, but the heading compass is in the center of the console underneath the climb indicator

>flying 1.7 plane
>keep seeing 3.0 planes
what gives?

>Gunpod 109s

Their fucking desperate for kills, tonight

>all these hellcats
jesus christ

USA USA USA

we lost that, most of the hellcats did rushed in and did nothing there were also a lot of slav runes in chat

>Just unlocked the P.108A
>Go on a test flight
>Mfw

I honestly don't know what to make of this.

Amazing

What did you do

I don't know.
I shit talk alot.
And i always call rammers ''Unadulterated fuckheads''

what should I expect?
will it be /comfy/?

Enjoy never landing it.

When?

Enjoy dropping nukes on people

get rekt, fag

>The 102mm doesn't even hurt pillboxes

>Jump into a Hurricane Mk IIB
>Swatting CR42s and CR32s like flies
>Score about 5000 exp a game
This is great.

You should've seen this coming lads. After the disaster that was the TseTse Mossie.

>Shoot a 75mm at the front of a fucking Chi-ha
>Doesn't pen

wait, because you think the G.55 is overpowered in arcade? its a strong plane with very small flaws but there's many others even at a lower tier that can shit on it pretty easily like the 109 and j2m. its still EXTREMELY slow and not exactly resistant

its still going to get uptiered in all modes because people down know how to counter it and the guys flying it now are good pilots

Are you playing RB? I never get this much RP in arcade.

Ah i meant to say points.
Scoring 5000.

>play aggressive and move up quickly through the map/deep flanking from the side
>die to german mobile bunker hiding in the shadows
>play defensive and don't go beyond halway point in map
>die to german mobile bunkers from head-on

how are you supposed to play US 5.7 BR? I only have success when i hide behind a rock the whole game

No some retard in the other thread thought the thing was op because it has 3 mg151s in arcade

Get over the fact that Germans and Russians are the only fun factions to play.
I remember a year ago, playing American tier 2-3 was like sticking hammers up your ass.

they're not even that good anymore, they used to deal more damage before the .50 buff in my opinion. you sometimes 1shot people yes, but so do hispanos and dont get me started on the shvak 1shot which is the most annoying in the game. you only win frontals against uneducated people (i.e almost everyone) because mg151s dont have the best muzzle velocity and accuracy in the game

Where should I go from here? I'm dead set on getting the Ho 229. I want to get the Narwhal, but I feel working towards the Mig-15 or F-86 will be more worth my time.

German cannons have in fact the worst accuracy of any cannon in the game, thats the 151 and the FF. Meanwhile the type 99 which is pretty much the same gun as the FF is the most accurate.

>too large to be good in GF
>too slow and bulky to be a bomber hunter
>can't damage ships
>can't delete pillboxes
>"OH MAN XD THIS PLANE WILL BE EPICC XDD" t. every subhuman semen receiver on jewtube

T25 is kinda nice desu. It's got a good gun and mobility. Feels like an American T-34-85 but with slightly less punch.

>max speed of 420km/hr
These will be great cannon fodder for my mk108s.

you'll never get the f-86, just give it up. its a grind that lasts 1.300.000 rp, its much better to get the other vehicles first
idk, hispano mk.ii on the P-51 are pretty accurate. even shvaks on the LAs shoot straighter than a ruler

Does the new armor on the Chi-To Late even stop anything to warrant a 0.3 BR upgrade?

I don't necessarily care to get the F-86. I'm more concerned about the lower end of the tier 5 planes.

>Feels like an American T-34-85 but with slightly less punch.

so a shittier version of a tank that is already kind of shitty at its tier

dont forget that if you get shot a bit and the gunner dies you cant shoot the cannon anymore. at this point its just a meme plane, only useful for its defensive armament and webm potential when you actually hit someone with the 102 from 2km out
i personally dislike the horten because it doesnt have a rudder so turns in the vertical are a big no since the plane cant keep at an angle. also the guns shoot somewhat shotgun style and very slowly. i do enjoy the 50mm 262 though and the german mig is much faster and easier to get than the russian one

I think I'll go for the 50mm. Thank you for you input.

>>too large to be good in GF
sounds dirty

Hunting B-29s with 262/U-4 is great fun.

I wish there were more Red Alert inspired skins on live.warthunder.
The fact that there's no Rhino skin for the T-34-85 or KV-85 makes me sad.

>tfw Westwood messed up and the Rhino schematics from the installer have an Allied background

God I fucking hate the B.88
I mean the guns are fine no problem there, which is surprising seeing as when playing the MC 202 italian fifties do nothing but for some reason just having one more is enough to push it over the edge.

But fuck me running if this thing isn't a god damn turd. Defensive gun is a fuck, bomb armament is literally less than nothing, acceleration may as well not exist, it's rated at over 400kph top speed but good fucking luck getting to that, what is a climb rate?
Does maneuvering a exist?
Okay so it can maneuver okay but if the enemy is behind you at a lower energy state just J out because you cant out run then and you cant bait them into a scissor.

Italy needs more of its content, theres not a lot left to go with but you can get a good couple more planes out of CANT, Reggiane is missing everything, Macchi still has planes that can be added, so on and so forth.

Fuck that thing is such a useless attacker.

>T-34-85
>shitty
Which dimension are you living in?
The T-34-85 is godly if you don't play it like a bunker. It's got good mobility and a gun that will one-hit-kill almost everything.

This thing is awesome, right?

all fun and games until memegeschoss sparks 6 times in row

The weird thing is that Italy actually had some half decent attackers, but instead they go straight from the Breda 88 to possibly the single biggest meme aircraft in the game and leave out everything in between.

The Me262 is a solid plane.

be advised that the 262 stock is a complete brick, while the horten is a faster and certailny more nimble plane. though it gets a higher battle rating for that. also stock ammo is trash, get the air target belt immediately, play arcade if it becomes frustrating

guise, if i pick a torpedo am i guaranteed to get a mission with ships or i can end with a mission without any floating targets?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoia-Marchetti_SM.91
Whennnnnn

why do you play it when you have g.55?

How much more RP do you get for playing realistic vs arcade?

I like changing things up, I'm already done with tier IV and working on Tier V right now, after playing the shit out of the G.55 I cannot be fucking assed to play any more of the Italian fighter tree because they're all the same damn plane with the same damn guns and similar performance.
No variation gets old fast and the g.55 is not an interesting performer in the first place.

>they're all the same damn plane with the same damn guns and similar performance
isn't it like with bf-109

in realistic you can do nothing and still net 2000rp surviving long enough and killing 3 artilleries
if you do that in arcade you might get 1000rp if the match is long and you got at least some dogfighting done

you now know why everyone plays realistic here

You still have a different kind of fighter in the german tree.

realistic is already arcade-y as shit, how more ufo-ish could they make planes to call it arcade

There's a noticable difference between the A and B, between the B and E, between the E and F-1, the F-1 and F-2, F-2 and F-4, and so one and so forth until the G10/k4/g14 where they kinda just become the same plane.

F series by armament. Each unique with it's own drawbacks.

Also you have the entire fucking FockeWulf line.

I've been a fool.

it's also 5.3. so the t25 is a shittier version of a 5.3 tank at 5.7