Go to test drive a car

>go to test drive a car
>dealer gets in car with you

shitposting on Veeky Forums
shitposting on a friday night
You get to live once, and this is what you chose to do with your free time

I've got too much free time desu. Anyways it's too late to go out now, I should get to bed.

>like a while after scion is kill
>go to toyota dealer with friend
>hey i want to test drive that last frs
>get passed on by like 3 different employees
>finally get some asian girl who is about to go on lunch
>she takes my id to scan
>she takes me to car on golf cart, with dealer tag
>says to just come back within 20 mins
>so you're not coming with us
>no just be careful please
>yes i will be
>go for a 17 minute trip, drive it fairly hard but not redlining it or anything horrible
>fun car I get it now
>come back
>chick is on lunch still
>leave key on her desk and ask salesguy to get my ID back

I've also gone on a test drive helping my brother find a used truck. Nice to point out all the flaws while the dealership guy/owner is in the seat squirming to come up with excuses

I'm glad that I don't know that pain. I have never had a dealer or private owner sit in the car on a test drive with me. Dress nice, act like an adult, and don't give off the "just here for a joyride" vibe and they will usually not fuck with you.

you remember that super popular thread about a week or so ago? OP's post went something like this:

>hey thanks for dropping me off, just let me close the door for you
>pic related

There was also another one that went something like

>last minute signalers
>picture of reeeeeing frog about to drivebuy with pistol

Remember how those threads were really popular? this thread is the same shit.

same user here, now that I scroll through a bit more there's so much shit posting on Veeky Forums but you chose this thread it complain. chill out.

Your tactics confuse me.

itz becuz ur brian r like this \_______/
& my bran r like this \___________________________________________/

So theres more empty space in your brian than his brian

>go to dealership to test drive car
>it's in the shop for some minor repairs
>salesman tells me he'll drive it to me when it's ready the next day
>he actually does (even though I live 30 minutes away)
>I drive it around and he adds me on steam
>I bought the car and we play rocket league

jesus christ.

that's fucking hilarious

fuck you bitch. im not just going to let some autistic 21 year old in a beanie cold start and floor 6 of my cars when he isnt even qualified to buy a craigslist shitbox.
you bet your fucking ass im getting in the car with you. stop wasting my fucking time.

Do you seriously think this shitposting is okay?

The reason it becomes popular is fags like you come on here and pollute this place with shitposts and memes

This is a normie server and we are here to talk about cars. If you want to shitpost and make ridiclous threads, go make some friends and talk to them

>This is a normie server and we are here to talk about cars.

>>dealer gets in car with you
i thought this was common practice

call the mods faggot see if we give a fuck

>This is a normie server and we are here to talk about cars.

>friend gets in your car
>doesn't take his shoes off

eh, I've bought like 5 cars and only one time did they let me drive by myself. It was a car lot and not a dealership though. Dealers won't really let you drive alone. I do like scaring the shit out of the salesmen though, it's not like they're going to yell at me and lose a potential sale. The last guy that rode with me on a test drive was hyped as fuck when I chirped the tires hitting 3rd at WOT. Was kind of funny, like he never got to drive a car that hard.

you're an idiot.

Everytime I go to a car lot all of the salesman are just sitting around eating shit not doing a goddamn thing, just waiting for a potential custo. And yet they all have the same "don't waste my time" attitude. I don't get it

>auto insurance company requires mandatory penis inspection

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

>leave trunk open overnight
>wake up and think it's faulty
>take trunk lock apart to try and fix it
>can't put the lock back together properly
>trunk won't stay closed now
>finally remember leaving the trunk open

>go to test drive a car w/ gf
>dealer gets in car with us
>gf has to sit on dealer's lap

no fucking way I don't believe that

There were no backseats.

>trips dicked

that's fucked up, dude

>go to car dealership
>nobody comes up to talk to you
>nobody even tries to sell you a car

this happened when I went to a ford dealership a while ago
after around 10 minutes of walking around outside a dealer comes out and doesnt make eye contact. I ask if i can get some help and he says he's helping another couple and walks away
went inside and asked for some help
waited for another 5 minutes as they "got someone"
at this point a boomer couple had come in as well and were waiting for service
waited some more
boomer couple got pissed and left
when someone finally came it was some kid, spent more time nervously giving a speech about irrelevant things like the capless fuel filler
at the end i just wanted to leave so when he finally got around to asking if I was ready for a test drive I just said "nah" and left

not planning on going there ever again

shit like this makes me wish we could just order cars online

>order cars on line
we can dream user... we can only dream.

New car dealership =/= Used car lots. The later usually don't have designated salespersons and workers / the owner typically do have a ton of other shit that needs to be done in addition to selling the cars.

>t. used car lot owner
>I let people go by themselves on the test drives

>Friend gets out of your car
>Leaves the seatbelt all twisted up and hanging out

you ... you have friends? :(

Do you take some kind of collateral to prevent theft? It's not like their driver's license is an option.

yea im pretty sure the only reason stealerships like this get by is from the exorbitant amount of dealership tax they tack onto Focus RS's and GT350's
must be doing really well for themselves if they dont even give a crap about selling cars

it boggles my mind that shit like this still exists for some reason.

Wait until Amazon gets into the car game,
>Order car on Amazon without dealer markup
>Arrives the next day on a flatbed to your driveway

Subaru lot let me drive both a 07 civic and 2013 sonic with anyone riding along.
Ended up buying both and they have been great cars

In comparison the sleazy ass lot where I test drove a fucking 2004 Subaru impreza outback sport , the guy rode with me, when I complained the car was pulling heavily to the right he just told me alignments were cheap (red flag because he is technically right so why didn't they fix it unless it was a serious issue) not to mention looking deeply concerned everytime I went above 4k rpm.

Oh and my favorite part was when I first looked at it it had call for price, but after drove it he said 7400$ and we are a one price lot so pay that or fuck off essentially.

Told him I could get a wrx for that and walked the fuck out

Without the dealer at the Subaru lot.

He pretty much won my business and I'm probably gonna buy a new wrx or brz from him.

Oh and they let me test drive a new wrx full well knowing I wasn't buying it since i already bought 2 cars

>bliss

>looking deeply concerned everytime I went above 4k rpm.
Believe it or not almost all cars need to be "broken in" before the manufacturer recommends you push the engine even a little bit hard. Usually it's in the manual for the car.

It was a 04 Subaru. Well over 10 years old m8.

oh shit nvm that dealer is retarded

My local Ferd dealership let my dad test drive a 2013 Raptor two years ago. The dealer didn't ride along with us just my dad and I.

When my father test drove the lancer evo final edition, which he eventually bought, the dealer didn't go with him. That being said the dealer and him previous knew each other from previous purchases and my father's interest in buying an EVO over the years.

Dealers send lobbyists to Washington, it'll never happen

i knew something was up though because it had new aftermarket headlights and the bumper looked slightly off color wise to the rest of the car.

So once i noticed it pulling to one side i was already pretty much red flagged the fuck out.

fucker was probably wrecked at some point, oh and for a car with only 85k miles it sure drove like it had twice that (probably rolled the odometer back as well)

in contrast the subaru dealership was incredibly friendly to me and hell they sold me my sonic for 6800$ including doc fees (price lower than i could have gotten private party)

Amazon has pushed out bigger competition, thats the free market

>probably rolled the odometer back as well
fucking scum.

Not him but if something happens they can just call the cops on you. I guess if anything they have the car you drove to get to the dealership.

I could hold their license, but we just get copies of them. I use to ride along with customers on test drives but it was awful and i hated it. They usually leave the car they drive in parked in the lot while test driving. I'm in a midwest state so its not much of concern they will run off. Obviously i don't let people tripping balls, fake id's, cracked out on meth, etc go by themselves or at all. Dealing cars is a ride, some related stories:

>have 2003 mustang convertible v6 5 speed for sale, selling it for roughly $3500.
>car is in decent shape, no real issues with it
>manual cars suck to sell because everyone pretends to know how to drive stick, don't let kids take them by themselves
>guy 1 comes in to test drive in the morning
>clearly can drive clutch
>drives it, likes it, we negotiate and agree on a price
>says he needs to 'think about it' (no timeframe given)
>usually this means they won't be back
>not a big deal, happens all the time
>about 3pm same day guy 2 shows up, in his early 40s
>leaves to take it on a test drive, he can drive clutch. Didn't get his phone number
>as he is pulling out of the lot, guy 1 walks in the shop cash in hand ready to do paperwork
>explain car just left on test drive, he should be back soon
>guy 1 is chill, he saw the car leaving
>330pm
>4pm
>5pm, closing time
>520pm mustang comes back into lot

(1/2)

>I guess if anything they have the car you drove to get to the dealership.
Good point. I didn't think of that.

(2/2)
>guy 1 has been waiting this whole time, me and him both annoyed
>guy 2 "well i think ill take it"
>explain that guy 1 walked in as he was leaving and he essentially test drove a car that already had a buyer and was sold
>guy 2 gets upset and makes a fuss that he didn't get priority to buy it
>guy 2 announces "WELL THAT WAS A GREAT CAR TO TEACH MY SON HOW DRIVE STICK IN" in front of guy1 as he's leaving
>obviously this upsets guy 1 as somebody just beat the fuck out of his new to him car teaching someone stick and wasted 2.5 hours of his life
>customers about to get into it
>over a fucking convertible v6 mustang
>fortunately they don't
>guy 1 does paperwork on car
>never hear from either one again

The amount of car dealing stories you get every week is unreal. I handle the wholesale auctions, h daily shit, customer interactions, customer repairs, do inhouse financing, and the repos.

Haven't had to call the cops yet, but have been close. 2+ hour test drives without warning and i start to get mildly concerned. My insurance doesn't cover stolen vehicles from test drives. Leaving the car they drove as collateral doesn't always work, sometimes people take the bus to the dealership (at least the customers from Veeky Forums) I have had customer cars that are out on finance get stolen before though.

moar stories

America isn't a true free market.

Elon Musk tried to scratch the dealership model and they stopped him dead in his tracks.

Amazon is bigger than Tesla, they could probably win

>drugs

Shut the fuck up.

>Amazon partners with and sells Teslas
every dealer in the country suddenly gets BTFO

>Normies server
Nah
>We are her e to talk about cars
Lol

>go to dealer
>salesperson comes up and asks if I need any help or have any questions
>"not at the moment, just going to have a look around."
>salesperson says ok and tells me they'll be in the main lobby if I need anything
>allowed to browse the lot in absolute peace and quiet
>when ready, salesperson is at main lobby like they said they would be

Why can't all dealerships be like this?

>>go to test drive a car
>>dealer gets in car with you
>won't fucking shut up
>keeps telling me which turns to take and how fast/slow to go
>asks me shit about the car that isn't fucking relevant: "have you used i drive before? it's very intuitive!"

>go to test drive updated gt86
>dealer wont shut the fuck up
>even though he wont shut the fuck up, he has this "i dont really care about selling you this car, im just putting in the minimum effort" air about him
>tell him I'm considering this or a miata to see what sort of reaction I get, maybe he'll care a bit more
>his only argument is how cheaper the 86 is to own because it doesnt need premium
>I go "oh really?" just to double check because I know for a fact both cars take 91+
>he 100% believes the car takes regular

pretty much any car can take regular these days

t. salesperson

HELLLLOOOOO REDDIT

>pretty much any mass produced production Japanese/American commuter car can take regular these days
Fix'd

>floor it
>NO YOU CAN'T TO THAT IT'S HARD ON IT!!!!

How am I supposed to know if I can race civics at stop lights?

Worse when it's women and you can see the terror in their eyes.

europe??????????

Name one

Did he just hang on your porch or some shit while you were gone?

No he came with. I think the only reason he even came was because he had family in town.

>Friend gets out of car
>slams seatbelt in the door
>Mfw

>This is a normie server and we are here to talk about cars

>mfw reading this

>wash car
>check engine light goes off