pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYs1PoodL8M
youtube.com/watch?v=Fisyk8uWq4o
eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2016/08/apocalypse-artbook.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I said Toki you dumb motherfucker.

Toki never listens to the first suggestion, it's not the chaos way.

>Falls for neutralfag dick
>the fucking demon possessing her was more hot
I want to fuck concept Inanna.
Wait a minute I recognise that design

What about concept Danu?

Generic as fuck.

What makes you guys smirk?

I'd fuck it too. Granted I don't mind either design, not like you can fuse her.
But seriously, literally the Queen of the Night relief with more clothes.

Being a cute anime girl.

Dank memes.

I like sandbagging people's jokes and taking them completely literally in social situations.

youtube.com/watch?v=UYs1PoodL8M

absorbing bait

When the Totino's pizza rolls don't come out too hot.

>he doesn't have repel bait

Null Attack

is having someone with Repel Force a bad idea against Pale Rider because he drains it?

Do you even have to ask?

Are you serious?

No. There is nothing wrong with healing bosses.

ey its not dead anymore

>Mudoon

So the way Twisted Tokyo works is I have 10 turns to kill a Fiend, and each time I fail I get booted out? The pale man says their HP doesn't recover at all, which is interesting.
Just how big is Twisted Tokyo? What kind of stuff can I expect in terms of rewards? I got an armour boost kit from david.

top tier

You can fuse the fiends after beating them which is the main reward I'd say, because they're all stellar high level demons.

For drops on your first few cycles of twisted tokyo you get incenses, battleplans (which raise a demons affinity for a element) or some other rare usable items. On later cycles they can drop the best equipment pieces of the game, but you'd probably have to spend a ton of time to get there.

Cycles refers to how many tours you did through the entire thing, because after finishing the whole thing once every boss gets respawned and levels get increased for mobs and bosses.

whoopsy meant to reply to

everyone already knows
pointing out the mistake insults the readers' intelligence and outs you as a neurotic fuccboi at the same time

The rewards sound very worth it.
What about the Twisted Tokyo-associated DLC? What's that do?

Yeah, that's how it works. It's not too big.

You fight David, Matador, the four Riders, Trumpeter, and Mother Harlot normally. It ends just shy of floor 50. You mostly get Armor Booster Kits, Battle Plans to raise demon's skill affinities, Incense, and if I remember right you can get App Point Cards too. Beating them unlocks the Fiends for fusion too.

It gets more interesting when you download the DLC for it, what that does is add another ten or so floors after where it normally ends and makes you fight En no Ozuno at the end of it. Now after you beat him Twisted Tokyo basically resets, puts you back on Floor 1, and lets you do it again from the start, advancing you by one cycle. It gets harder and harder every time you do that, until the Fiends cap out at lv900+ with 8(?) press turns. The rewards get better and better depending on what cycle you are, after Cycle 4 or something they can drop the best weapons in the game, and if you do even more Cycles they can eventually drop the best accessories in the game, the one the final boss ends up dropping in particular is dumb as fuck and gives you High Pleroma to every element(including Phys&Gun)

> lvl 900+ fiends with 8 turns
Well fuck me. Here I was thinking I was going to be done with Apocalypse after simply finishing the game. Now I have a real goal.

If you want to do the higher Twisted Tokyo cycles you pretty much need to buy the Incense DLC, there's no real way around it.
You'd spend literally thousands of hours preparing otherwise, it would be completely unrealistic. You don't need to get the other p2w DLCs since your level is basically irrelevant, and you get plenty of money and App Card drops from the Incense DLC itself

Adds the final twisted tokyo boss which let's you advance to the next cycle. Completely forgot that that part is only available with DLC.

I'm sorry please forgive me user.

forgiven

>tfw getting hit by soul drain for 5k
its pretty scummy how they force you to buy the dlc tbqh, i just stopped caring and moved on with my life

NOT EVEN A THOUSAND DEATHS WOULD BE FITTING PUNISHMENT FOR THY SINS

So level is irrelevant as long as my stats are good. I see. No doubt I'd need specialized, autism-powered demons to tackle toe later floors without having each Fiend take several trips per kill.
I may finally be able to make my ultimate Samael!

Oh, do I have to be wary of things like triggering Megidolaon spam due to nulling weaknesses? That was hell in IV. If so, can I get away with just nulling or negating weaknesses with Resist passives?

>buy
i haven't bought anything in my entire life

4 press turns on 3rd cycle
5 press turns on 5th cycle
6 press turns on 7th cycle (max)

Enemies don't get stronger after the 10th cycle after which the fiends levels are 920 for David and 999 for En no Ozuno. The rest is somewhere inbetween.

Is this you?

i haven't even bought a handheld. i emulate my 3ds inside my jury rigged virtual reality set. my silken hands don't even touch the buttons lad

Thanks for clarifying, it's been too long already.
Honestly though it's really not that interesting and unless you are max aut it's most definitely not worth it.

I don't really remember. There are certain triggers that make the fiends go crazy but I can't recall if any of them are resistance based. For example Eo no Ozuno goes bonkers if you use Rakunda/Sukunda on him

You can cover weaknesses. Most of the fiends can pierce through any resistance corresponding to their main means of attack anyway.

Also most fiends will take several trips anyway because I think their HP increases by a ton every cycle.

Fair enough. One final question: the interactable objects that look like healing spring doors and require specific stats to open...what are they? Are they like the doors in the amala labyrinth or are they something else? Do I lose anything by being unable to open one?

post more imagine songs

It's easily possible to kill even TT9 Fiends before they kick you out. Honestly if you can't kill them before they do I wouldn't even bother with TT yet and prepare a bit more, having to redo floors would get ridiculously tedious.

They don't really go crazy for having Repels and shit, no. They will never fuck up and try to deal damage to someone null/repel/drain'ing their respective element though, instead they will just throw out their stronger Pierce spells. Aside from just covering your Weaknesses what's much more important than overall resists is not being susceptible to Charm. Most of the Fiends aren't really that dangerous if you are adequately prepared, but being Charmed can make pretty quick work of your group

youtube.com/watch?v=Fisyk8uWq4o

surprised Meguro did a track for IMAGINE

hello /jp/

I'm curious. What the fuck is a Hee Ho anyways?

Get the hee-out ho

Say it again and I'll hee-hit you so far you'll have to leave the general, ho.

Just healing springs. You're not missing anything.

Selecting the demons over and over again to try and get the exact combination of skills I want makes me want to die.

welcome to the cathedral of shadows, where demons gather

Honestly, it's so mindless I'm okay with it. If it was just as menial and also required brain power, like say, DeSu, then there would be an issue.

100 fucking questions

100 fucking questions from a Hee Ho

100 fucking questions from a demon encounter that somehow knows what the fuck happened last game?

Who fucking made DDS2, I wont to shoot you and hug you because you both made such awful decisions and hilarious ones.

Wait, he just quit cause I got 20 in a row right.

I haven't played DDS yet. Negotiations just give you skills to set instead of Life Stones?

There are no negotiations, this is aparently a random event?

Makes no fucking sense at all, much like the omoikane roulete, but fuck it, free shit.

There are no negotiations in DDS and Wind Wall is an item.
In DDS2 you can very rarely encounter a Jack Frost that plays a quiz minigame with you in stead of getting a normal random encounter.

Actual spoilers don't look guy who is playing it, there is 100 questions total and if you answered them all correctly you can fight the Jack Frost as an optional bosses at the very end of the game. That's where the Life-Hee, Life-Ho, Hee-ho is not fair screencap is from.

Personally I got hype whenever I got the Jack Frost, I don't know. My OCD is nowhere near the levels to complete it but it was a fun distraction

So despite gun skills being a fairly common thing throughout the franchise, how many demons/Personas/whatevers actually have guns?

I know there's the crusader with the shotguns demon, but what else?

Hooligan

So, I wanted a new rpg, wanted to try a SMT game and had a 3DS so I downloaded SMTIV, is there anything I should look for that isn't in the pastebin? I am at the point where the group discovers the underground city

at that point you've gotten past the worst of it, just make sure to stick to a focused build and not an even spread, also STR is useless, DEX is better for Phys skills, fuse demons at every opportunity, if you are having trouble with negotiations, say no every once in a while, I personally never give them macca and it usually works out
You'll prolly be fine most people complain about the part you are already past

Hooligan, Patriot and Zombie Policeman. Diana, Kama and some others have bows though.

>Don't go even spread
Ah ah... ah, I'm already at level 14 and evenly distribuited stats
>Fuse demons at every opportunity
Really? I usually waited a bit to see if they gain something nice later but if it's better like this then ok
And, any fusion I should particularly have?

Persona 2 had quite a few human enemies and bosses that used guns, because just because persona are the big thing there it doesn't mean non persona users are useless. Also, robots and I think I saw some power armors as well.

Just do what you want character wise, it literally doesn't fucking matter how you build Flynn. The only thing that's kinda random is that Str only affects your normal attacks and Dex is responsible for your physical damage from skills, if you know that you already know everything you need to.

You honestly should just stop asking shit and just play the game for yourself, I will never understand why so many people come into this general and then beg for all the really broken stuff right from the start. Just do what you think is best and roll with it, why even play games yourself if you are just going to emulate what the community deems the most optimal? Just watch a playthrough on youtube or twitch at that point.

I didn't want broken stuff
I just wanted to know if there was some big mistake I could do and an opinion on which demons are useful, sorry if it seemed like I wanted to "emulate what the others do"

To be fair, megaten usually does a poor job explaining what the stats does, and in some games such as IV, you can't even simply assume the obvious.

And then there's things like how in some games physical is worthless while in some mag doesn't scale as well as physical.

Ain't nothing wrong about knowing what's actually worth doing and what's literally trash in a game series known for sometimes being bumfuck stupid, especially to newcomers.

I asked about DDS1 and WURLD, got told lategame it was shit but still did it, but id complain a hell of a lot more if I didnt know and suddenly all the reflect and absorb phys demons popped out.

Well the only thing that you shouldn't really do is putting points in Str because it's bugged

Rest should be figured out as you play. Also there's an indicator when demons gain all their skills (they give their skills to you and you can see what skill they will have in the status screen)

>And then there's things like how in some games physical is worthless while in some mag doesn't scale as well as physical.
It's never that dramatic and even in games where the MC doesn't learn any magic there is still some merit to raising the stat.
I don't know what it is with this series in particular but people seem to have this weird thing where they constantly claim all but the perfectly optimized build isn't worth doing at all, take Nocturne for example, you have people telling others to just go Str and ignore everything else literally all the time, when Magic is actually really fucking good and vastly outclasses it for 90% of the game. Just following recommendations makes these games a hell of a lot less interesting, you have the freedom to build your character however you want, why the fuck would you willingly discard that right and just follow a generic cookiecutter formula?

Str is good in DDS1 though and perfectly serviceable. You get a Str based Almighty AoE that does absurd damage and inflicts Rakunda in that game and going Str makes your non-insta kill Hunt skills actually usable.

This is way better than the hemorrhoid titty design that we got.

The almighty matra costs 1 million and 200 thousand macca, not to talk about the previous prices of maxing atleast one tree. Till then you are still going to be DORMINA DORMINA CALM DEATH'd a ton and instakill hunt skills, even with charge, still suck, and devour only goes so far when it also kills your HP.

Most of the concept art are pretty good desu
eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2016/08/apocalypse-artbook.html

I quite like concept Mermaid and twin Miroku

I like relic spots in SMT IV. Free money, the relic descriptions can be fun, all in all they are just little bit of extra in the game.

And then some fucking idiot made a challenge quest where player has to get a specific item from specific relic spot, twice. Fuck this shit.

you dont even have to use serph in dds1, you can just replace him with whoever you like.
dds is like the one megaten where your build matters by far the least

Where can I sign up to get this in SMT5?

>you can replace him with whoever you like
Question is, why would you? Heat is just a much weaker serph, jamaicon mon is weak to fucking ailments, gale is better as a second man and why would you replace serph with fucking clay.

Replacing characters is just gimmicky and you only do it if you want to spice shit up a bit, otherwise you are kinda dumb for doing it.

What is the game in the middle?

Majin Tensei I.

MT

>Gideon has it at 40% for 8 or so years
>blocks me when I ask if he is willing to give it up

>no if...
>no Majin Tensei
Gideon's public execution when?

Truly, Gideon is the real demon emperor here.

Even if you killed him none of these babies would step up and do it in his stead

if isn't translated because nobody actually cares

I hate how all he posts on his twitter is #shillforhill shit. I don't care for your opinions but god dam I am following you for updates you fag.

all tasks that require brainpower can be automated by repeating them enough they become de facto menial

phys should've been divided unto bash cut pierce types two decades ago

Not sure if you guys where in that thread but I asked the dude who did KMT (and cucked gideon at ouf making MT1) if he would work on them despite them being worked on, and after me telling him about gideo he said:
>I would love to work on them but I have a big backlog of stuff to work on so maybe after

He then proceeds to list all the games he is working on like Last bible 3, FE4 and FE5 and some other shit. There MIGHT be hope for a 20XX release after all

I wish I knew how to moonrune and hack, I'd just post a translation patch here and call it a day, wouldn't give a shit about the no touching claimed projects policy people mentioned threads ago.

P3 did that and I thought it was the best shit. A shame it was never used again, not counting PQ.

Pardon me, but as a guy who isnt even interested in If and shit, what's the point of "claiming" projects? Seems to me like its just a useless rule that halts progress, like some sort of self imposed challenge someone does when the game becomes too easy.

>what's the point of "claiming" projects?
epeen

>Last bible 3, FE4 and FE5
Great stuff. I wish I knew enough JP or knowing some programming at all to help out translations. All I have to offer right now is mediocre JP skills and some hexadecimal knowledge from like 10 years ago when I was in the Sonic rom hacking scene.

In theory it allows people to waste time. I assume it's not the most fun thing to work on a translation for a while and when you are around 80% done, see someone else go "here's my finished translation of this game".

Nice design, but I think it'll look goofy in 3D, just sort of hovering there.

He was the main dude or only dude idk who made the naga patch and is in open beta right now. Which is what Gideon should do with If... since he can't trust testers or some bullshit. Ofc I got blocked for suggesting that.
If you know JP provide the script to a translator or upload it online. Am sure your mediocre Japanese skills will be enough to make it a decent/workable translation atleast.