So I'm tired of my na Miata, I've had it for almost 3 years daily driving it and well... I need more space

So I'm tired of my na Miata, I've had it for almost 3 years daily driving it and well... I need more space.

I decided that I want a luxuryish 4 door car. My budget is about 10k and for what I can see, infinitis in my area( houston-dallas, probably Dallas to avoid flooded cars) I can get G35, g37, m35 and m45's. I would even consider an fx35.

Out of all of them, what would be the most reliable long term? Higher mileage of all of those cars are always up for sale so I would think they last if properly taken care of? Any of y'all with experience with these cars willing to give advice, what to look for etc?

This whole post is disgusting
Are you retarded

I'd say you to consider a Lexus.

I have but most that I see for the price range have 150-170k miles. That scares me a bit.

lexus is pretty reliable

Would a 150k mile Lexus be better than a 90-100k Infiniti ? I mean that 50k mile difference is what my 3 year driving mileage is.

depends on the model. g35 is pretty cheap to maintain, but so are most lexus models.
I have no experience with nissan/infiniti outside of g35s

03-04 m45
/thread

Also seen some 2005 ls430s in my budget with about 120k miles... By the looks of them, they seem to be a bit more luxurious than the infinitis but the maint sounds super expensive on them...

I imagine the m35/45 would be more reliable since g35 is usually the boiracer car and likely abused/neglected. Also the fx35/45 would be a great choice. Have taken fx35 on road trip, wouldown/10.
Can't go wrong honestly, infiniti v6 and v8s are godtier

Fx dashboards had a bubbling problem in hotter climates
If g35 was lowered, the wishbone suspension bushings might be fugged

Not a lot of maintenance but timing belt job is like 800 dollars. If anything was broken that's when it gets expensive.

That's about how much was for my Miata (a bit less, about 600 but close enough) so is not terrible. As far as I know air suspension can be expensive. Anyway, didn't know these where so cheap now... Damn... That might be the one. A black one with black interior.... Unnggg

My ls400 has been awesome for maitenance, had it for almost a year now and the orevious owner had done the timing belt/water pump at like 90k miles so I have only ever had to like get the alignment done

Man the ls430 sounds that much better than the m45, also seems to have some extra luxuries as well. How many miles you got on yours?

dude. A 90-100k mile Infiniti is a REALLY bad idea. A 150k Lexus is also a bad idea.

idk what to tell you but either splurge for something between 50-70k or look for non luxury.

I have an RX330 w/ 190,000 and it's kind of going strong but it definitely isn't what it used to be.

I keep it because I inherited it but I would not recommend getting 100k mile luxury cars they are money pits - Especially Infiniti's Jesus.

Get a Lexus with a max of 75,000 miles and keep it forever but anything over that and you're taking a huge risk.

I'd get an IS300 desu man.
super reliable, retains your rwd fun without being too rough and still has its Lexus comforts.
almost like a cheap and reliable 3-series

I wish I had one, they're just so nice

Never been able to find a manual tho, if I was to g for one of those it has to be manual.

Well if I was to get anything above 120-140k I would ask for as much paper work as I can. La 430s with 80k miles do go for only about 2 k more so I may go for something like that.

If you can stomach driving automatic, go Lexus. They're fucking tanks. I bought my IS350 with roughly 72k miles from the shadiest dealer ever and only problems I've had so far are defective dashboard and failed touch screen. These are both known common issues for the car, however, and mechanically this fucker has been solid after over a year of ownership.

3SGE swap, there's one on eBay right now for $1k with a 6 speed and the ecu

Get a 4 door GTI - it'll be better than any of those shits you listed and more fun than your Miata. Plenty of space too

As far as brand new cars go, I think that GTI is one of the best deals out there right now.

Im in a similar position and I am looking at e90 328is.

From what I read there are a few preventative maintenance jobs (water pump) you should do but they are fairly reliable other than that. Also no turbo, so unlikely to be any drivetrain issues.

Also, only fuckbois drive infinits nowdays

Nope. I won't touch anything German with a 10 foot pole. My friend has a 335i and in 5 months of owning it he has already spent like 3 grand.

>thinks a 335 has the same maintenance cost as a 328

Wants to get rid of a GOAT NA

for some high mileage used up luxury car

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep making bad decisions

I kinda went the opposite way, I need ed a comfy luxury-ish cruiser for work. Got a Lexus GS350 with 65k on it. Three years and 60k miles later I bought an NA 1.8 miata as a fun/project car.

Here's a grand total of what I have had to spend on my Lexus:
>100k mile service- $650
>alternator broke- $500
>brakes (rotors and pads)- $700
>fuckload of oil changes

Minus the oil changes, that's $1850 in three years. $617/year, $52/month, $1.74/day. For the benefits of driving a comfortable, safe, tech-rich car, it's a ridiculously good deal. Would definitely buy another Lexus... but for God's sake get your Miata because the Lex is a little short on "motoring pleasure"

*KEEP your miata, not get

Random question...

How do you find out what your Lexus service schedule is? As stated above, I bought my IS350 at roughly 72k miles and have no idea if I'm supposed to bring it in at 80k or maybe 90k.

Good question, ClubLexus usually has those answers. I don't get my work done at the dealer cuz they're too expensive and never had a warranty

Oh yeah I forgot. BMWs are known to be cheap to maintain lol ok
That's what I keep hearing, and how dumbasses think that a 100k mile Lexus that has been properly maintained is unreliable. Or infinity, I mean there has to be a reason why so many 150k mile infinitis and 200k miles Lexus are always up for sale and selling... If anything I wanna buy something between 80-100k miles and do all the maintenance even if may not need it and keep it for 2-3 years, I mean my commute is about 10 mins and on weekends maybe drive another 60 miles. The mileage i would put in it will not go over 50k in the 3 years.

Anyway as to keep my Miata, I would but I don't have the driveway space to do so, so it has to go sadly.

>Oh yeah I forgot. BMWs are known to be cheap to maintain lol ok

Never said that, dipshit. user recommended a 328, and then you objected by saying your friend's 335 is a money pit.

All BMWs are money pits you dipshit.

Other than the typical plastic parts horeshit, what specifically is wrong with the 328?

its 3x more expensive to fix, and shit goes wrong more often on bmw's. rich people show their money with maintaining and insurance

>its 3x more expensive to fix
Than what? A Lexus or Infinity?

>and shit goes wrong more often on bmw's
But we're talking about the 328. What specifically is known to go wrong?

This
It isn't just the 328, it's all modern BMWs. For instance, battery replacement costs $500-$700. How much does it cost in your current car? $70?

BMWs are good but definitely not great anymore. You're better off elsewhere

Don't get an '05 or '06 G35. The engine is shit and will eventually leak oil if it isn't already. It's caused by shitty valve cover gaskets which are overpriced and a huge pain in the ass to replace.

Thanks for the tip my man.

At this point I'm eyeing either a m45 or a ls430 or a is350

So far I have found a couple of is350s with 80k miles in my budget. 430s with 100k miles and some m45's with 100ks as well.

>It isn't just the 328, it's all modern BMWs. For instance, battery replacement costs $500-$700.

The battery costs $500 to replace in a 328? I'm also waiting for you to tell me specifically what else is wrong with it...

>How much does it cost in your current car? $70?

No idea. Bought my Lexus last year and haven't replaced the battery yet.

Just FYI, early-year IS350's will have the dashboard defects. Also, if you don't wanna risk paying $3,000 to replace the touchscreen, go for a base model with basic radio controls.

Gotcha. Nothing an aftermarket Bluetooth radio can't fix like in my Miata.

I wouldn't get air suspension. Not worth it unless you regularly load up your car and cause the rear end to sag.

LS430 or 1998-2000 LS400 are both great options. Just be careful. You want to get one that was taken care of. These cars are reliable but if neglected all kinds of shit gets really expensive really fast.