/owg/ - Overwatch General

Talon girls edition

COMPETITIVE SEASON 4 AND THE FREE WEEKEND BOTH END MAY 29 AT 0:00 UTC.
ANNIVERSARY EVENT ENDS JUNE 12.

>Anniversary Event page
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/anniversary/

>Event Item Tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/ANNIVERSARY_2017

>Overwatch Contenders league
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Latest PC live patch notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Tips/tricks/basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVbGHVRYAW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every character is gay.

>5 golds
>scapegoat whining team
>played zarya, ana and hanzo

the only way to correct this behavior is capital punishment for the blatantly inferior players who probably use this train of thought elsewhere in their life.

what's the /owg/ approved cheat?

>tfw you dink Widow in the head with a spicy icicle

GitGud.exe

Tactical Visor

I'd like to see McRee's roll down to 5 or 6 seconds.

Reaper's teleport should lose the delay after being teleported. Standing there is fucking dumb. I'd also like it if you could go a bit deeper than just on the edge of what ledges you can see.

sombra is good now

>tfw you dink a jumping ana in the head with ice spike

playing soldier

>5/28/2017
>still can't mix weapons and skins

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

Here comes T.Racer :3

>chu knows about the luke warm bowls of water
Is he still not /ourguy/?

Friendly reminder that Pharah works with ISIS.

Gorillas are made to be cuddled!

Hang all Tracer players

How and when should i be using Genji's ult?
I'm having trouble figuring out how to play him efficiently, and im struggling to find a right time to use it, and when i do, i seem to whiff it more often then not

He will never be our guy.

Post your unconventional (in context of /owg) opinions.I'll start
1.Orisa will be absolutely viable in a couple of buffs and around 1,5 monts from now. All she needs is more survivability OR faster projectiles.Last changes were a step in the right direction
2.Soldier is absolutely okay in his current state.Game needs an easy damage dealer which even retards can play.Otherwise tanky and slow comps will be too easy for majority of playerbase.Game would become too slow

You're gonna have to hang an incresing amount of people. I see more and more people playing her every day. Might be because of the new skin.

Yeah the teleporting is pretty weird, especially with ledges that have some sort of banisters in the way which really cocks up your teleporting potential to be extremely specific unless you break them.

everyone knows about it though, it was upvoted to the front page of the overwatch subreddit

>game goes 2-2 both on 99%
>enemy team wins
>"gg ez" "*yawn*" "give us a challenge"
??????

>chu knows about a well known reddit joke
wow you really convinced me

Orisa and Sombra needs buffs, just a little bit more and they'll be viable

As someone who plays McCree a lot I think Blizzard needs to settle on a specific role for him. One of two options seem right to me.
>anti-flanker/deterrant
>more frequent roll/roll resets on kills
>current dmg dropoff range
>maybe buff him to reaper health
>buff fth (either allowing headshots, buffing flat damage, or tightening spread)
>flashbang remains central
Or
>midrange 1v1 plinker/semiautomatic hanzo
>keep shit mobility
>keep mediocre fth
>buff range/dropoff
>buff the shit out of deadeye

Right now he's mediocre at a bunch of things but outclassed by heroes who have an actual niche. I'd personally prefer the more close range option but that's just me.

Is Winston really a giant goh-rilla? Or is he just above average for one? He doesn't seem all the giant to me. Maybe Koreans only have manlet gorillas in their zoos?

The fact that you are posting about it here means they accomplished what they intended by saying that.

>are there at least two enemy supports alive?

If yes, you should be using it on cooldown. Get in the back line and kill their Mercy and at least one other target. Anything after that is a bonus.

You're the only character that can reliably hunt down and murder people on the back line, outside of Widow or Hanzo landing headshots. You need to be fucking them up at every opportunity.

When he ults he seems to grow a bit actually, maybe that's just me.

Why can I STILL not watch my teammates in FIRST PERSON IN COMP

>Tracer going rampant
>still no Torbjörn buffs

It is like Blizz wants their balance to be a joke.

>chu knows about quite a popular piece of art
HOLY SHIT! HE'S JUST LIKE US xDD

The fact that they say that reduced their value tenfold in my eyes.

If you do this, you're a lonely pathetic tryhard wannabe pro beta.

>you will never spend your days with Hana

Just end me senpai.

>go into QM
>free weekend noobs on my team
>6 stack grandmasters on opposing team
>we can't leave the spawn

Game needs optional third person view

See, they said it to make you upset and here you are posting this shit. You just let them win.

>soldier 76's sprint now has a 2 second cooldown with an ability meter like bastion's self heal or dvas matrix
>can no longer use abilities while tac visoring

thoughts on these changes

>people who quit a losing quick play at the last minute

Why even do this? You dont even get any EXP if you quit.

Is mentioning chu the easiest way to trigger /owg/?

Just say soldier has a stamina bar
The lower his health gets the faster his stamina drains.

>say stupid shit
>"stop saying stupid shit"
>lol get triggered

you're so mad over this it's hilarious
>t-they're beta faggots in my eyes!
how pathetic

sure
I dont give a fuck if they gut 76 to help get the game out of the current shit state its in

youtube.com/watch?v=kVbGHVRYAW0

NERF DIS SHIT

the first reply is complaining that chug will never be our guy

>type dumb bullshit to make someone mad
>it makes him so mad he complains about it on an anonymous imageboard

Mission accomplished, I guess.

>the guy who plays mercy and only mercy does not pick mercy and leaves me solo healing for 2 rounds
>is asked repeatedly to switch to a healer because 1 isnt enough
>switches to a 3rd tank instead

tilt is a hell of a thing.

I've thought this before too, but after a while i've noticed he only seems much bigger because he's not hunched on all fours and his arms/chest are just way more outspread in angery mode. His ult size still looks reasonable to his original stature but I guess they had to make him more wide like a wall because that massive health and leaping every other second.

I'd definitely be cool with this. Wouldn't gimp him but would still be a step in the right direction.

Maybe saying that a fraud like Chu will ever be ourguy had something to do with it?.

>people who get mad in quick play
Stop it

>complaining about a mercy main playing a different hero

this is like complaining that a person is getting life-saving surgery

No but I know who the next and last confirmed gays are.

well what if you wanted that person dead
there'd be good reason to complain then
bad analogy

It's almost like Mercy mains always think themselves better than the team.

Shame the rest of her kit is shit.

Chu literally did nothing wrong. He seems not being too passionate about the work, but he does ok job, on par with overall pretty low desu level of writing in game industry
Metzen would be way way worse

im complaining that a guy was intentionally trolling my game, the fact that he's a mercy player just makes it slightly more understandable.

Are you one of the fags that likes to claim genji is his self insert and then got btfo?

from what he said It seems really fucking dumb that the one time it would be good for the faggot to play Mercy he doesnt do it while purposely playing roles hes bad at
which is basically throwing

You got me.

someone's been triggered

Human Orisa!

>he isn't passionate
That's about one of the few things he is but passion doesn't make a good writer. He can love the source material and do a decent enough job with dialog and keeping characters in character but the story progression and continuity is abysmal.

Somehow even uglier, and she wasn't already a train wreck to look at. So that's an accomplishment.

she's too cute to be a terrorist

>do some zen in QP
>some faggot says "get off zen and switch to mercy"
You think i'm playing for YOUR benefit, you dirty pharahnigger?

He is genuinely one of the worst video game writers I've ever seen, and I've played a lot of games. His writing absolutely lacks subtlety and he abuses show and tell way too much.

worst hero design blizzard ever done.

>This skin
>Symmetra's
>Hell, even Genji's even though I don't play him
>I get Lucio's
And there's no way I'll have enough luck to get another legendary anniversary skin. Lucio is my most played hero, but man does Jazzy suck.

>when the guy who is clearly underperforming blames the hanzo/genji/widow/any classic pick to blame
>in quickplay

Jazzy is high quality what are you talking about?

I would have switched to mercy and never healed his ass just to piss him off some more 2bh

Talon girls!

How're we feeling about the hanzo buff, /owg/?
Personally I've really enjoyed the change so far. Never picked him much before but now I've been getting some good use out of him. Having a lot of fun with off the wall 360 shots and similar bullshit as well.

>NO ONE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER KILLS THE MEI
>I CANT GET ANY SELF DESTRUCTS
I want to fucking gut someone

>get 3 to 4 picks every team fight
>team manages to lose it

Is it normal to die this much in KOTH? I find it really hard to position myself in KOTH maps for some reason.

>being subtle is the only way to write a good story in a video game
t. dark souls fanboy

I want Talon Tracer to sexually dominate me.

I dont give a shit about what they do with hanzo until scatter arrow is changed completely

I say "passion" in the sense that he doesn't seem to be kind of person who don't sleep all nights to write a story. Maybe I am wrong. I have no idea how long it takes to write a comic
I think many problems with continuity originate from changing a lead writer halfway
I don't really think so
I mean people think that Kojima is a good writer and suck his dick over that mashup of b-tier movies cliches and outright nonsense he does
So standarts are really low

Y'all niggas don't know the meaning of self insert.

I think a jazz themed skin could be cool if they could commit to it, but because of how he plays they had to keep enough of his technology that turning it into weird brassy stuff just looks goofy.

>open the 30th noob box since start of the event
>only 1 legendary before, a young Ana duplicate
>at the 30th box a new legendary pops up
>its the muslim Genji
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

I agree, user. No fucking clue how to fix it and make it still be useful though.

Post progress

Hanzo is hero design at it's worse.
The entire hero is based around 1 shot kills and scatter arrow.
Scatter arrow makes a bad Hanzo into someone who occasionally contributes and a good Hanzo into a fucking monster.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THIS HAPPEN WHY GOD WHY

I think we are all forgetting the real scam, which is that event legendary skins are fucking 3000 coins. If this was changed there would be much less feelings of getting cheated.

He spends too much time on the story. And on aspects that don't really matter. Like as a recent example, how long do you think it took him to match all the playing cards with the characters? It's such a pointless little detail but he had to of sat there for hours and hours looking up the meanings behind all the cards to match the characters with them. And evidently it takes him months to write one comic. And to top it off he claims most of the lore on the characters is written already but he still needs to come up with stories to tell the lore within. He needs to change his focus and soon.

I sorta like this game, but everyone is telling me that it's dying, there is no comp scene worth paying attention to, that it's casual garbage with long queue times, and that it's mostly a console game now?

Who /bad at the game but still enjoys it/ here?

I just like fucking around in qp with random heroes