Vintage JDM Pictures

Old threat reached the limit while it was still lively.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M6M2X6IhIqo
70sstreetmachines.tumblr.com/
instagram.com/vhs_option/
i.imgur.com/809ym0E.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

bump, last thread was sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=M6M2X6IhIqo

nissan needs to advertise all their sports cars with catchy little jingles again. That or remixed classical music.

Bumping for interest.

I want a Newman R30 just for the Oddity to most people who don't even know about it. That and I like the R30 and Newman anyways.

Old Adverts japanese and not are always so neat.

Look how happy this thing is.

I actually live in the same town as Paul Newman, so it'd be especially cool to own and drive one there.

Damn that would be cool. Shame he isn't alive anymore it'd be cool to chance upon him and see if he notices it at all.

This NEEDS to become a general

It would of been* not would be obviously.

Honestly I'd like to see old pics in general, US, Jap and Euro.

Man I'd love to see a "where are they now" documentary on these folks man.

They don't really exists since personal cameras and camcorders weren't a common thing until the 90s. But the Japs were more rich than filthy americans and europeans and could afford the devices long before and did capture the memories. That's why vintage USDM or EDM pics are rare but JDM ones are so common.

There is one YouTube channel. Dude recorded about 5 hours of drifting footage in 1992. His videos from today are of him going to bars and watching old people play the banjo.

Are you like some double retard? How did you type your post?

welcome to inital d /pol stage

It's not retarded. Up until the 2000s, Japan had an insanely strong economy, 2nd only the US, but they had less than half the population, meaning each citizen was more wealthier and had the money. This is also Japan, who DOMINATE the camera industry even to this day, they had better access to this stuff than ANYBODY else. They bought this shit and used them a lot. However, cameras didn't start to become affordable to common people until the 90s, but the vintage era was ending by then, meaning there just aren't any USDM or EDM pics.

Every hobo and their dog had a camera in the 80s, what the fuck are you going on about?

Keep telling yourself that. It wasn't until the 90s when prices started to drop and people started to buy.

People started to buy disposable cameras for their prepubescent children around where the graph in your pic starts rising dramatically.
I can't even begin to imagine how antisocial and poor a family would have to be in the 80s to not have a camera.
The people who were too poor to afford a camera and some film in the were driving shitboxes from the late 60s anyways.

>starts rising *dramatically*
....uhhh... so 2000s?

Affordable, EASY-TO-USE (this is key here), disposable cameras came around in the late 80s, 1986-1987 to be precise. But they cost around $15 (inflated) and had 24 shots. idk about you but $15 for 24 pictures (before development costs) is expensive even by today's standards, even more in the 80s. Nobody really took "useless" pics. But the japs, had the income and took tons of pics without a care in the world. Tell me how a poor person (who make up a majority of the population), could afford that.

I'd pay 15$ to take 24 pics of my brand new sports car. We're not talking about the poor people here, they didn't have cars of interest.

P.S. wouldn't the price of film be lower when it came to normal SLRs and not disposable cameras? I don't know if it's my Soviet Union privilege talking, but every-fucking-body had a camera in their family in the 80s to take pictures of trips, birthdays, family get-togethers, etc.

Not as prevalent sure but there are some.

guys if you want to see some oldschool pics of muscle cars and street rods in 70-80s check out this page and group on jewbook with the same name. cameras were pretty common those times tho
70sstreetmachines.tumblr.com/

Sweet thanks.

Car on the right is the same one in this photo.

Shaker Heights, Ohio, where he was born or do you live in Westport, CT?

if Westport, hello fellow CTer. I've only been to Bartaco.

here's a neat little IG some of you may be interested in.

instagram.com/vhs_option/

Westport. Bartaco is the shit.

Fuck Shaker.
440 represent

you going to the Caffeine and Carburetors meet in downtown New Canaan on September 17th?

It will be amazing.

I know nothing about Shaker Heights other then thats where kid cudi is from

bump

>filming a car commercial in the US
>for a JDM car
Ah, there was a time where you could import any car you wanted as easy as they do in the UK or Australia today, probably even easier. Fuck Mercedez-Benz.

Gotta post some FX16 to this thread too, lets keep the thread alive bois

Also should we just post some usdm, edm 80's era pics too? we're gonna run out of non-posted jdm pics at some point

>you will never be this cool

Hurts desu senpai

OP here, personally like I've said I'm fine with 90s and prior US and euro pics as well. Make them just general old school threads, though there's plenty of JDM stuff still around.

coolbeans

For the dummies at home what were the differences?

If only it was 1080 so it could be my wallpaper.

i.imgur.com/809ym0E.jpg

Best upscale you're getting

Stripped out interior. No sound-proofing. Close ratio gearbox. Vent in roof because air conditioner removed.

Bōsōzoku scum get out!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I took the second one and my friend took the first one drunk and hanging out of a car.

they kind of remind me of frogs

really? have any more?

I do. Those pics were taken in 2015 & 2016.

No.

Those bikers are the reason the Mid Night Club disbanded when it did. Mid Night>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GIGA POWERGAP>>>>>>BOZO SUCKAS

>2006
>Vintage

And here I was thinking that it was a photo from the 90s.

user, your friend has taken what I think is one of the greatest car-focused photos of all time.

How daft do you have to be to think they were taken in the 90s?

Yo can you make a mega download of ALL of those pics. I would REALLY like them.

It's vintage to the modern STI. The modern one is a family sedan with a hood scoop. The rally pedigree is all but gone.

>clearly modern picture

kill yourself

Now now, don't discriminate. It's still a vintage car.

No idea how to do that m8

Download all of the pics onto your PC. use winrar or 7zip to compress them, upload to mega.nz, post link here. Alot of us would appreciate the pics.

I know. I just like the style I have to shamefully admit. Not to say I don't like more functional things there's just something about it I find neat.

Pic unrelated.

Well, shit. That's gonna be a bit difficult seeing as this thing isn't working at the moment.

The licence plates contain outdated Kanji.

you have a laptop? Or ANY computer?

Outdated? Lmao what are you talking about dude

I have a tablet but that's not gonna do anything

As far as I know some municipalities changed their markings in 2006 to promote tourism, this included licence plates.

The kanji on that plate is still in use. It says "Tama (多摩)"

Could have sworn they were different. My bad.

>the thread for instagram faggots to take the pics and get thousands of likes on

Even if it was outdated, these people just could have kept the original plates on. Not like street racers care about laws. Also, the pictures do not remotely look like they were taken in the 90s at all.

Damn, I REALLY want those pics.

Here's another for you

My dick is hard. Wish I could see all of it.