/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Royalty Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Patch Notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12530/monarchs-reign-the-patch-notes/p1?new=1
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch Reigns Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Pw5Dd
twitter.com/cattaber/status/867805574041182212
youtu.be/q_y2Fs9SPb0?t=87
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Viper bless this thread and bring fast upon /tfg/

the hero we don't deserve

spiciest boi who's ever lived

first for scorch needs nerf

>remove all attacks from scorch
>no one even notices it

>The only Titan that has no reliable long range option or ability to close distance for close range
>needing a nerf
If anything his launcher needs a two shot what with how its the only weapon whose trajectory we need to take into acount

imgur.com/a/Pw5Dd

What is this user ?

just a dream

Would people accept if Papa Scorch's thermal shield had larger reach, akin to another ogre titan width further than it does currently, so that even when you dash after they dash you can still actually keep it on them? Sort of giving it a short range flamethrower effect. I'd be fine if the damage at further away was less to balance it.

feels good to have a faction leader who actively encourages the player

>actively encourages the player
were you beaten and then told it was your fault for failing as a child?

What are they THINKING with the balance for this game? No nerf to G2, and R97 only at sniper range?

Is no one on reddit bitching about hitscan as a class?

You forget that reddit is all about hitscan

of course not, honestly the G2 is the only thing that aggravates me when i get killed by it though.
Phase shit? i understand the hate and dont argue that it needs looking at but i personally like it right now
r-97? doesnt bother me
getting domed from across the map by a G2? REEEEEEEEEE

just enspires me to git gud :^)

I'm retarded. inspire*

are you a console player by any chance?

because I'm honestly having trouble picturing a pc user thinking the r97 isn't absolutely broken

No. The shield is fine. Buff the launcher and we're good. 3 rounds per mag would be nice.

JUST FUCKIGN REMOVE TEH FUCKING PHASE ALREADY NFGLÖJDABSCL BGNKMAFDBGJKNFABKHJNGAFBDJKGVGBDNMKGBAKDNGBANMKBGVMN,AD

I play on both and its fucking broke on both

that guy is nuts

yeah, wouldnt the aim assist make it worse tho?

>I CAN'T TRACK A GLOWING CLOUD OF SEMEN EVEN THOUGH I'M A CUM-HUNGRY MEGASLOW

yeah but isn't there reduced aim assist on SMGs compared to ARs on console? on PC, SMGs are effectively just better, faster firing rifles, and the r97 is king since it has ridiculous accuracy from the hip and shits out about 1000 rounds per second

How bout:
>you only get one charge with phase shift
but
>it lasts a whole second longer

SMGs are the main problem on PC because of KB+M. It's infinitely easier to track targets with that input vs. controller input. Console is plagued by dickheads sitting in the back of their spawns with G2s and Hemlocks just ADSing at anything that moves and scoring kills, due to the snap-to-target and low TTK. Sometimes it feels like the only counter is to make your own cancer build.

that's not the problem, it's that THERE'S FUCKING 4 OF THEM USING SHITSCANS

It was so strange the other day I'd been shot at in Eden and it was a guy just standing on top of the middle platform at the back of the spawn. Even when I'd dropped down, had difficulting with my jumps back up to him and behind him he still hadn't even moved.

I mean I got one more execution closer to Inner Pieces, but the guy was a gen 7. The hell happened while I took my break.

t. Shittier with nuclear ejection instead of turbo

This

The true cancer on console is G2. When you get a full stack of tryhards mad on console, they start posting up with G2 A-Walls on sightlines that allow spawnkills.

I just find that r97 and CAR on ps4 tend to kill me just as well as G2 simply because the guy starts out either hipfire or ads and transitions to the other or not whilst cloaked, phase shitting in from behind, etc. Doesn't matter how fast I go or if I get the drop on someone, if I don't get the kill in one shot I'm usually ded to them or their phase shit/cloak buddy that shows up perfectly on time.

This

Having two safe zones is way too stronger against, for example, two charges of grapple

Even the stim is a one-shot ability

fuck that
1 charge and lower duration

the answer is simple

kill the shitscan

I want her to crush my head between her thighs

I think even two would be great user, no need to go insane over here.

Lower duration would make it basically useless. The idea of it is that you have to be moving FAST to make you harder to track. Triggering it while standing still is just stupid, since you can't move far enough from your point of entry until you re-appear. If you lower the duration any more it won't matter how fast you're going, you'll re-appear before you can properly reposition. Single-charge on it would remove most of the complaints. The biggest problem I see is one enemy will phase twice in a row, and delay the firefight so long one of his team mates will come along and fuck you.

but user, thats what he wants
he doesnt want people using it
thats why he would change it like that

*equips r97*
*deletes every pilot in my line of sight with a single magazine*
wtf r97 isnt broken get good idioy

(you)

Yeah, I realize that. But you can't just delete an entire playstyle because you don't like it. It just leads to all of the phase-shitters moving to A-wall, which will then be called out, then removed. Then they'll move to cloak, which will be nerfed again, then removed.

And on and on and on. Things need fixing, yes. Not removal. It's not a bad ability, just annoyingly effective and overused.

I have no idea if it's possible but I'd love to see a playlist that just removed all hitscan weapons, just to see what happens when the game forces people to move

i'm not saying i want phase removed but "you can't remove it because people use it" is a stupid argument

if putting something in a game was a mistake there's nothing wrong with just taking it the fuck out

>tfw you get mad and swap to your comfort zone

Scored 200. Killed the entire enemy team twice over and each of their titans too.

FEEL THE SCORCH

>fighting two pilots
>about to kill one
>he phases
>instead of being able to kill him and then move on to his buddy have to decide between tracking a cloud and being shot by the other fag, or killing pilot 2 before the cum cloud returns with its reloaded r-97 and then finding him before he does you

Phase counterplay is just a pain in the ass against good players, especially since its the only tactical that that allows them to prep ordinance mid fight without any telegraph.

>track a glowing cloud

i'm pretty sure the cloud doesn't follow them, it just briefly shows the direction they were moving in when they entered phase

*outsnipes a sniper rifle at max range*

dude just get good stop whining

Yeah, and if they're a bad player (like they are 99% of the time) you can easily guess where they are going to appear. I rarely see phase shift triggered while moving, like you're supposed to use it. Most of the time some fuckboy will be standing around ADS, take a couple hits, and then hit it. He won't be able to move more than 20 feet away before he comes back, and the cloud will be a dead give-away at that distance.

You a console player or something? That's rarely ever the case on PC.

Yeah, I am. I guess it must be more of a problem where the playerbase actually knows how to play something other than COD.

but it's not a mistake if 90% of players use it

If there were a button labeled "my team wins instantly", a pretty huge majority of players (plausibly 90%) would press it. Does that make that button's inclusion a good idea?

can we talk about an epg/coldwar nerf? im sick of getting fragged when I walk out a door/ walk through a building and some fucker one shots me because there is a wall behind me. spammy fuckers need to get what coming to them.
either the hit box needs to be smaller, or it needs to arc.

oh no
it's retarded

EPG was overbuffed, but it's still a projectile weapon at the end of the day so it's still bottom tier. It and the Cold War are the easiest projectile weapons for a reason, you're going to be getting shitscanned otherwise.
Cold War shouldn't be working on you at all to begin with if you're going fast correctly, get off the ground slow.

Is it true to can tighten the spread of flight core by zooming in?

>EPG/Coldwar nerf
Stopped reading there
Git good slowpoke

very slightly, but it won't help with the missile's drifting off target anyways

I've heard Monarch is another qt grill Titan, any truth to that rumour?

The FNN refers to Monarch as a "she."

She is the queen of thievery and extortion and you will respect her highness as such!

>start using Cold War on a whim
>now I can't use anything else

>All these fucking kits that Monarch has

There is literally no reason to select another Titan, she has everything.

>Can zap shields
>Can give herself shields
>Can give herself more health, improve her dash and increase melee damage
>Can give allied Titans shields
>Can make electric smoke deal so much damage it's actually terrifying
>Can improve her reload speed
>Increase salvo rocket count and damage

You're missing two upgrades, and of those nine upgrades, you can only select up to three at a time.

My game always freezes during the victory screen. Takes around 7seconds or so to unfreeze. Anyone have a similar problem / solution?
16gb ddr4, i5 [email protected], asus gtx 1070

I feel like the ally shield granting ability is mandatory, especially in the Titan Deathmatch mode.

Artist?

Redpill me on Scorch. How do I give people the spicy finger?

>her

This, its ridiculous with grapple

the only thing she lacks is an actual defense skill
She can zap shields twice to buffer her health but otherwise she's all out offense. I actually can't really see any hard counters for her, but then again that might be the point.
yes retard, they referred to her an her

it's amazing how much fun I have when I stop giving a shit

how mad will you be when it has BT's voice

>missing out on 8900 damage in an instant

BT's voice is probably gonna be the Prime OS.

All according to keikaku
translator's note: keikaku means boner

>Trap BT voice
I wouldn't mind it

Define "trap BT", gayboy. Because all I'm imagining is a husky faux female voice by the BT OS that giggles.

That's kinda hot

BTs voice, but with a lot more "cute effeminate male" in it

*get shot by a mastiff*
*turn around and buzzsaw through the shooter before he can take another shot*

Nice try, kid...

*kills 3 families with the r97 in literally 5 seconds*
*pops amped weapons*
the p2016 really is too good considering its a pistol

>reacts faster than a gun can produce a follow up shot
>its the guns fault he lost
Those are legit points m8

Go around seven million buldings in order to flank them. Shoot out canisters behind them, ignite and start melting. If all goes well they'll retreat into thermite.

Note that this tactic is not really reliable.

Play on maps with lots of enclosed spaces like crash site and complex
Otherwise play someone else you'll have a bad time learning like that

Get close, turn the area behind them into an inferno, push forward with the spicy finger. Scorch is a lot harder to play now since people aren't as prone to doing stupid things against it. I used to be able to trick people into stepping into traps even in open ground but that rarely happens now so you pretty much need to flank or catch two camped together in an alley now.

Literally yes.

Monarch is voiced by Catherine Taber.

twitter.com/cattaber/status/867805574041182212

youtu.be/q_y2Fs9SPb0?t=87
cutest titan confirmed

>it's another episode on PS4 where 5 people have a g2

I wish titans had better doomed state alerts like titanfall 1

the "avenge me" alert was always so fucking cool

I wish we could select Titan OS voices like in 1. I want my stern, sensual Russian woman back.

mod it yourself? it's easy.

I mean we're getting a new titan so that's within the realm of possibility that they would repackage stuff like that for tf2

>it's easy
>clearly doesn't have any clue what he's talking about

whenever this happens i just pull out my own cancer class, beat the slows at being slow

fucc wrong reply
meant for enjoy your free (you) i guess