/fhg/ - For Honor General

I was holding back all along edition

Ded thred >Updated Season 2 Info: Character and Map details
pastebin.com/4qcpMRZK

>Patch 1.07: RAIIIDEEER
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-289985-16/patch-notes-for-honor-v107

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

>debuff res
What'd that do? What does it even do now? Lower Bleed damage and?

How did he know?

reminder if you ever lose a match just turn on your lagswitch

you could try but they are always backdashing away

>get told you get a free GB on Valkyrie after they knock you down and jump attack you
>try it
>bounce off her followup light and get sweeped again

Did I get rused?

you get a gb if you block her jump/dash lights iirc

Reposting from last thread.

>General changes
Light attacks don't rebound, parrying is harder to do in the middle of chains, parries don't confirm guardbreak.

>Character changes from best to worst
>Shinobi
Gut that stupid fucking kick.

>Warlord
Remove his running charge mixup and reduce his throw range.

>Peacekeeper
Nerf light attack damage, slightly buff heavy attack speed. Zone is punishable on block and is 500ms.

>Warden
Shoulder Bash can only be done off of a forward or backward dodge. Shoulder Bash can be guardbroken during the first 8-10 frames of startup.

>Raider
Why Stunning Tap was added to his zone is beyond me. Remove that shit. His dash guardbreak already makes him better than half the cast.

This is where it falls off and characters are either shit or marginally better than shit.

>Lawbringer
Remove his block shove shit and make impaling riposte only work on light attacks again.

>Valkyrie
In a decent spot. I don't think she needs nerfs or buffs.

>Centurion
Nerf his pinning potential in 4v4, buff his mixup potential in 1v1 slightly.

>Orochi
Zone is punishable on block, top light damage reduced to 20. Riptide Strike can be feinted and has startup invincibility.

>Nobushi
Another character in a decent spot.

>Shugouki
Still fulfills a niche role. His armor is amazing for trading and Demon's Embrace can get health back in a 1v1. Maybe give him a new move or something.

>Berserker
Zone can't be parried/blocked on the last couple hits.

>Kensei
Helm Splitter and Swift Strike don't rebound on block.

>Conqueror
Light attacks speed up to 500ms after two swings, don't rebound on block. Make Shield Bash a "charge" move like Valkyrie's. Can feint Shield Bash towards the end if the charge is held.

>Warden
Shoulder Bash can only be done off of a forward or backward dodge. Shoulder Bash can be guardbroken during the first 8-10 frames of startup.
1st part is literally a buff since you now can get a full punish on any dodged bash/heavy

2nd part is already the case

red the rest of it
oh, you are retarded, nvm then

Accidentally posted on last thread.
So If I have maxed out Debuff can I just dodge outta Cent's wallfuckery? What all is possible at max debuff. I'm only Rep1 Warden but I'd like to know what stats to max out beside Attack.

Not quite sure how I survived

Why is Dauntless not a Conqueror passive?

>those LB changes
why?

>There were no... signs.
I kind of miss this now

>shinigger on low HP
>starting running away
>I take dif route to cut him off
>CHUNK
>the trap I laid earlier killed him

top qeq

How do you fight console raiders?

>Nerf LB
>Also nerf him again

You're disqualified

>nerf a defense character's offensive capability
>nerf a defense character's punish on heavies
Also forgot to mention in that post both times that Long Arm should be feintable.

>playing with Nicolas Cage

Kensei is fun, not through his skills or anything but his animations, he just feels very smooth to play

>block > shove is offensive when you literally need to block an attack before you can confirm a shove
>nerf LB's parries when its one of the only things going for him
no

Are Assassins the real problem with the meta? You literally are forced to turtle against them because any aggression is punishable with dodge attacks. Especially Shitnobi and his hyperarmor homing kick, can't even bait and punish that with feinting.

It should, but you can't gut a tank characters few abilities that actually LET him do damage. He's a countering tank, not a wall of sheetrock.

shinobi is on a whole other level of cancer, even above warlord and PK. they need to change that kick somehow, and the ranged attacks / gb's are a joke. why the devs thought anyone should have ranged attacks outside of feats, I'll never know

Fps starts randomly dropping for you before the kick

I said nerf one thing he gets off of parries.

nerf LB's parries while centurion's light parries are better than LB's? I don't think that's the right thing to do.

My favorite character is shinobi, I'm gonna be hokage! Believe it!!!

You said nerf an underpowered character whose specialty is parries by nerfing a parry technique that literally no one complains about and isn't a problem.

You also said to remove his shove on block. You'll literally turn him into a shittier Centurion that way.

Just make a Farcry thread if you want attention this badly

*Stares in vultard*

>nerfing lawbringer
>nerfing bers
>nerfing raider in a stupid way
>mfw

>trying to get elim order done quick
>instantly matched up against a team with 2 shinobis
>lose first round because I literally cant touch a turtling shinobi
>say in chat how fucking stupid their kick punishes are
>enemy valk says they're easy to parry if you're not shit
>everybody even my team agrees
holy fuck no wonder the devs cant balance shit when the playerbase is even more retarded than they are

Sasuke-kun!!!
SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!

>that Beleev it comic one guy made
I forgot to save it, pls help

Did the same, but to summarize it can fuck with combos that rely on wall bounce, trips and precise timing thereof though eagles talon is guaranteed when not delayed.

>Lawbringer
>underpowered

Don't forget Ubisoft takes your battle data seriously starting at REP 1 (ONE[UNO{EIN}])

Shinobis kick wouldn't be cancer if it weren't for all the times I dodged it perfectly as I knew it was coming and stayed in neutral to dodge and it still fucking hit me. Also the ranged gb should be techable on dodge bc you have to forward dash to get near the cunt

alright bub, you can explain to us why you think LB isn't under-powered now.

>nerfing Berserker
Where did I say that
>nerfing Lawbringer
The Shove, which is defining the character in a bad way. And the Impaling Riposte, which shouldn't be guaranteed on some of the attacks it is on.

Wow get a load of this guy.

I bet you think he has a 50/50, too.

I need this

His shove isn't even a problem. Get gud. And NO ONE except YOU has ever complained about IR being a problem.

This is right?

Zone does a real good chip damage on bers if you didnt know. Basically one of the best attacks against a turtle.
Nerfing both heavy parry impale and shove on block is going to step LB back into pre-buff stage, i.e. useless.

>t. i fought one lawbringer that was really good once so he must be overpowered.

swap 2 and 3

No

>this bait got so many replies

Hey guys is Shugoki fun?

It really should just be the top and bottom armor pictures saying "The difference between the US and Japan"

Only idiots get hit by a neutral shove.

depends.
If you like clutch insta kills, but never being able to hit the faster classes, go for it.
Also, he's arguable the easiest class to parry.

Bait isn't this elaborate with a dude defending it for multiple posts, but nice try.

no, you have to turtle hard if you want anything done and light every gb/ gb every attacks and trade
he is fun in 4v4s tho

That is actually true, i still like frills

fine, keep being objectively wrong

Completely the opposite

Agreed.

i was thinking about it and i agree

pls

Was the new hero that wasn't Highlander leaked yet?

But you're wrong?
Of course a man of taste

I like the type of armor in your pic more desu
Feminine, but still more or less functionally sound armor design.

added a background and made it a little smaller, it driving me nuts

Is Kensei good in Dom?

just played some games, he seems like he could be, good damage and big range as well as so mixups that are hard to react to mid match

god I love dom, such a change of pace from duels

*it was

Yea i like it more feminine. Have some nice armor mate.

Kensai is the most basic of the basics, so he's kind of naturally good.
He has nothing fancy, but almost every combo goes into an unblockable, and feinting is pretty much required to learn to be good as him.

>Dark Souls armor design
>functionally sound

It doesn't even have any torso protection beyond silken cloth and a leather corset. Any peasant with an eating knife could kill you.

Well I have 330 hours so I'm decent, I like his parry animations and he has the best guard swap speed which is a nice change from Cent and Raider which I play at the moment and he just feels good to play since he has no bullshit and you really are just outplaying everyone you beat

>three random ugly spikes on the helmet for no reason, which don't fit the reference nor do they fit the target aesthetic, completely ruining the armor set as a whole

Does this artist work for Ubisoft's season 2 gear design team?

there chainmail underneath which would be easier to travel in

Ubi gear at least follows a trend

>chainmail
>easier

mail armor is heavier per square inch than plate armor.

Of getting golder.

Even though this armor is good, its parts look stupid if separated

Mail doesn't work that way, it has worse weight distribution than plate. This is why knights stopped wearing full mail hauberks and instead started wearing mail skirts, with mail gussets sown into their gambesons (like the Dullahan/Lederic/Jasper set) to protect gaps like the armpits, when full plate became a thing.

Except Italians, because they were hipsters always trying to be unique about their armor.

Point being, mail is more difficult to travel in than plate.

This meme was already debunked, stop.

WHAT ARE THOOOOOSE

What? Thats materials, not armour

its still more flexible and easier to take off, can you even take off a breastplate by yourself?

Even if it is heavier I'd still rather travel in mail, you going to sleep in full armor?

I agree, it'd also probably be better on someone taller.

The chest armor looks good when mixed with Giant's set pieces, or with Smough's gauntlets. Same brass color.
The gauntlets and leggings can be mixed pretty decently too.
The helmet is hopeless though.

The more they design gear the more gold gets slapped onto it. Yes, it is a trend on armor, and equipment.

I hope Valk gets some nice armor next season

>LB
>wears plate
>on top of probably full chainmail
>quite possible that undershirt is also heavily reinforced
And people say something like "shinobi is unrealistic"

I agree with you on every point except sleeping.
They'd both be awful to sleep in, but chainmail would be objectively worse. It'd constantly be pinching you, and if you had any kind of body hair at all it'd be pulling all that out, one fucking hair at a time.

>more flexible
Plate armor has greater range of motion than human limbs, it's not like it hinders your movement beyond its weight.

Obviously not counting jousting armor which would prevent you from moving your head and needed a fucking blacksmith to remove.

Shame I don't have the webm of them doing cartwheels and shit, but it's easy to find.

They're gonna start making fanservice armor with cleavage to bring people back in.

Mark

My

Fucking

WORDS.

While I don't want to argue realism, I'm assuming the quote about "nobody but us can make this armor." refers to LBs being able to make it much lighter then they should be able to.

>doesn't wear cuisses
>would be disabled and probably killed by a random stab or arrow to the thigh
Maybe he's supposed to be a cuirassier or something, I dunno.

are you posting this as a viable armor design?
because it's not
>fur on armor plates (could be a coat) for enemies do grab onto when grappling
>spikes for making it a nice lever to snap your neck
>helmet does not extend to the neck guards for that nice blood fountain after a neck hit
>random gaps in chest plate for that juicy spear/sword penetration
>stomach unprotected for making that nice intestine rope
>upper arm not protected, who needs arms nowadays?
overall i would rate 8/8 for going against this

Im not talking about in-game. Try visually separating his plate skirt or shoulderplates from a chestpiece. Also helmet looks ok on it only because of the shoulders

>inb4 we get a princess PeaceKeeper dress or something
I'd probably buy it desu

Chainmail is still going to be more comfortable, its literally a heavy shirt and you take it on and off easily