/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

DOWN WITH GDI edition

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack [SoundCloud] Endless Space 2 Soundtrack by FlybyNo
- Community Hub games2gether.com/
- patch notes
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/26119-1-0-6-preview-patch-notes?page=1
-wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/
-Stats
Planets pastebin.com/3huefXGy
Ships pastebin.com/aabCNGau

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki//civ4xg/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Fanatic Purifiers

Enemy has missiles.

tfw

>be relaxing in my empire just researching and chill
>suddenly fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>defend myself and protect my galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy

Who are the most annoying stellaris players and why is it the ones trying to make the imperium of man?

HAK HAK HAK

The ones that bitch about how others should play

You're too merciful.

You're supposed to win the war, use propaganda to make them feel guilty, and make their society a former shell of itself forever.

Does anyone have a list of Horatio gene splicing bonuses?

how do vodyani breed ;_;

>Can missiles be shot down? Because I don't ever seem to lose any ships.
Yeah, missiles and beam have hard counters while kinetic and laser are all-rounders with less damage. Basically as far as I remember:

Missile: Massive physical damage at Long and Med range, but useless in Short range. Can also be shot down by Kinetic weapons.
COUNTER: Kinetic weapons and Short range cards. Armor to lesser extent.

Laser: Decent energy damage at all ranges, slightly leaning on Long. Higher crit rate.
COUNTER: Shields.

Kinetics: Decent physical damage at all ranges, slightly leaning on Short. Can shoot down missiles.
COUNTER: Armor.

Beam: MASSIVE energy damage at Short range, enough to cut through shields easily. However completely useless on Long and Med range.
COUNTER: Long range cards. Beam weapons literally do not shoot in anything other than Short, meaning if opponent picks Long they will be completely useless for the first 2/3 of the fight.

Is her right hip okay?

You know how there's always dust hidden somewhere in your house? Like that.

Kinetic is nice then. Explains why I won my first game without upgrading ships AT ALL.

missiles are countered by one (1) kinetic weapon per ship

BAsically, if enemies are using missiles, use kinetics, otherwise use lasers.

also of note, short weapons cannot hit adjacent flanks and mediums cannot hit opposite flank

she only has one hip user

Those is one big ass hip.

>SPECIAL PROJECT COMPLETED
>no popup

Galaxy seed 4492. Oh god this seed.

Just went back to ES1 to play around for a bit and I forgot how comfy it is to play Harmony. Nothing but endless expansion and ship generation.

Why do these walking rocks have such extreme hips?

Please respond

you can't chaingang your last pop

I don't even think Harmony walk; pretty sure individual crystals just float around in the rough shape of a humanoid.

>I can't drive them extinct in planet auschwitz
God dammit.

What about the upgraded missles? I feel like they should be a lot harder to shoot down. Eg. Titanium/adamantium missles

Depends on how you view it. It's still a missile, it's designed to be expendable, so dumping more material than necessary seems wasteful already. If the titanium/adamantium is used specifically to make far thinner casing while keeping the structural strength of standard missiles to ram in more explosive material, it'd make sense that it'd not be any harder to shoot down.

IE WW2 standard 20mm aircraft cannon ammo vs kraut minengeschoß

I wonder who is behind this post

Playing ES2 on serious difficulty. Cravers send a ship to my home planet and invade me. I choose defend system he picks blitz.
CONQUERS MY HOME WORLD
Turn 27 he instantly took the planet with 1 ship.

>not picking conscription
step it up fampai, conscription is retarded strong

what were you even playing that you got crushed on a 1-turn invasion on anything bigger than a tiny colony, let alone your homeworld? sophons?

>mfw nerve stapling a species I'm exterminating

I'm playing a Riftborn Gene Splicer militaristic faction. Use social chameleon and declare war on everyone in the galaxy.
It's us vs them.

If Vaulters were fanatical explorers/engineers from a Mezari dreadnought which crashed on Auriga, why did it take them nearly a thousand years to re-discover spaceflight?

>tfw UE beats your """"""""""""""superior"""""""""""""""" machine race
Suck it

Theist status:
[ X ] Wreckt
[ ] Not Wrteckt

United Empire non-threat.
Only organic matter to be consumed.

really, it probably took way longer than just a thousand years to get back into space
they weren't from a dreadnought, they were the only scattered survivors of a prison ship buried miles underground; they didn't get out before endless legend because the planet's surface was a barren wasteland that couldn't support life and they didn't have the supplies to make do in such a situation. by the time endless legend rolls around, there've been so many generations on the planet that their heritage had faded into myths and legends.

Riftborn are fucking ridiculous with custom traits. I gave them the giant trait so they have +4 on everything but influence, but they grow 50 percent slower, which doesn't even matter because you just build your dudes. Full planet in the first 50 turns shitting stuff out.

But then they will suffer less
If thats what you want though

>militarists get majority
>i'm suddenly bankrupt

>fanatical explorers/engineers
>dreadnought

Success was a prison ship. The survivors who developed into Vaulters were a ragtag group of prisoners and former guards, living underground due to the top being too hostile and the vaults safer until EL events.
>A few hundred condemned criminals were being shipped to the Auriga system on board the prison hulk “Success”. While this was presented as a chance to earn back their place in society by working hard for the common good, they understood that in fact they would be slave labour, sent to colonize an unexplored planet. All they knew about Auriga Prime was what the probes told them: it had water, temperate zones, plant life, and plenty of metals in the crust.

Those who were thrown outside got killed or adapted, went mad, and turned into the edgelords that are the Forgotten.

Why is an empire allowed to surrender and not even meet my demands in Stellaris? I'm at war with someone who is at war with someone else. The someone else gets to get the planets I was after. Which is fine, perhaps he claimed them first. But then I only get the two remaining planets I demanded, and peace is called, wasting some of my warscore. It's bullshit, if he still has an empire left, he should have to stay in the war and give up some other planets if he wants peace.

Stop being entitled you virgin

>Take Charismatic, Communal, Intelligent or Natural Scientist species
>Deprive them of higher thought and emotion while you exterminate them
How is that an improvement?

reee fucking give me the planets I worked for

Get some pussy you beta whiteboi
Also, remember to buy the DLC!

I have the DLC, I'm playing a hivemind, but obviously I'm not allowed to ever actually win if I'm only gonna be able to take two planets ever ten years. At least from that empire. But I really need that one gone.

Say in Stellaris if you go genetic ascension is there any point in exterminate a specie?

Did you try not being a racist shitlord?
This is probably because you don't have the Women In History DLC activated for EU4.

If I trade away a technology in ES2 do I lose it or just give them a copy?

Just a copy. Make sure you never under any circumstances give Unfallen the cultural conversion tech.

I'm not sure, but Delicious trait gives better Food output from eating pops. However there's both "eat while not killing off" slavery type and "eat and kill off" purge type that also gives more food, and it would make perfect sense for Delicious trait to apply to both. However since this is Paradox we're talking about, I'm not sure whether it only applies to former.

>share vision with an AI
>they get made when I have scout ships in their territory

bravo Nolan!

>playing the unfallen in late game
>enemy's borders move over one of my systems
>they keep asking me to remove my ships from their land

Would be nice to be able to "horatio" xeno.

The technology does exist in game, Covert Infiltration which requires Gene Tailoring tech.

Trying to learn Civ VI as a first time Civ player, is there a handy reference somewhere that I can use to stay on top of things? A "quick start" guide or something similar?

Stopped paying attention to ES2 awhile back, with the "official" launch are the factions finally balanced or are some wildly broken with others being worthless still?

ai is dumb, but if you go into an alliance with them they stop getting angry about ships in their airspace

Just play the game nigguh, learn from your mistakes.

The game itself is wildly broken. Both official 1.0.5. version and beta patch 1.0.6. suffer from a gamebreaking bug where turns get stuck / battles are left unsolved and thus you're stuck permanently. It starts appearing in later early-mid game and once it appears, there's nothing you can do to fix it, even loading earlier autosaves doesn't help.

Check back in a few weeks.

Fighters when
Bombers when

DLC

Is democracy that bad? I haven't hit lategame/midgame yet and thinking about using this.

I haven't played Civ6, but Civ5 was my first. If you need the basics, watch some YouTube videos. But if you know the basics and are trying to "git gud", then this Though tips for specific shit are nice, just ask here.

it's hard for me to jump in when I only tangentially know what I'm doing. I've had the game on Steam since launch and have never played it because of that

Honestly I should just watch a good lets play and take notes so I'll something to refer back to when making decisions.

the factions are generally balanced, but riftborn are still wildly powerful compared to everyone else

there's been an infinite pending/waiting for ai to choose a battle tactic bug, but i personally have never encountered it between when i picked it up in early access half a year ago and now

democracy is super strong, but hard to use if you're forced to defend yourself, as militarists gain traction stupidly fast
also, you basically never get religious in power

Just do it man, what's the point of not doing it? When I get gifted a game I just jump into it and try to understand it, I don't need a fucking let's play, that for games I DON"T want to play.

wtf are the blue colonial techs? how do you get that?

The nice thing about Civ and most turn-based ones is that it doesn't really let you completely fuck up. You can't end a turn unless all your cities are producing something and you have a research going. You might be choosing shitty things to produce or research, but at least the game forces you to know every aspect, so you're not missing anything for the most part.

+FIS per pop, makes the sophon really useful due to the cold weather.

I've still never had this happen after 50 hours.

implyingrigged.info/wiki//civ4xg/

The draw for the VGL qualifiers has happened. /civ4xg/ have been drawn against /agdg/, /eggg/ and /pg/.

The first match is at 6.20 pm (UTC) on Friday (2.20 pm EST).

that's not in the game normally where did you get it?

alright, you've convinced me, I'll jump into it tomorrow when I have free time. What's a good Civ for first timers?

I started with Civ5 but if you already have Civ6 it should be fine. Have you played any other type of strategy games?

Well that is shit
Riftborn, I thought fish people and UE were the powerful ones way back? Oh well glad to hear things are better

I've messed with the games files, also removed the time dilation effect for endless mode and made the dust goal harder to obtain.

I meant which Civilization in VI should I play as

I had an okay time as India when I first played, they're more peace oriented but the elephants are great for defending yourself.

>The mantis shrimp portrait in Stellaris doesn't have a pair of boxing gloves
WHAT.

Does it have spears?

No.

So is there any actual use for generals in stellaris? Seems like a waste of a leader slot to me

what the fuck

Generals are a waste of a slot, and by the time you have enough slots to justify using one or two on an army you don't need generals.

>renaming ceded planets a serial number like 03-B-004
>demolish paradies domes, visitor centers and hydroponics farms for mines and power plants
>work the inhabitants to death as I terraform their world to something more earth-like

Why does this give me such joy?

Fishtits are still really good, but the UE has a bad early game compared to a surprising amount of the roster. Zelevas is still great in mid/lategame with his influence buyouts and amazing quest rewards, though.

Anything related to armies is a waste of time right now.

I really hate Stellaris' slow start

>not slating xeno scum for extermination by default

Enjoy your tainted goods, alien fucker

so is there a reason that trying to download the Anniversary Portraits for Stellaris doesn't work on Steam?

I find despairing xenos forced at gunpoint to tear down everything they built and forced to slave away without rest until they cannot continue much more entertaining than fearful xenos being gunned down by death squads.
I would exterminate them if it wasn't so shit to do so. It takes way too damn long. It should take a month, tops. Even less with max garrisoned armies on the planet

because it's stupid and fucky. Enable/Disable it a few times until steam starts downloading it

I've been asking a lot of (dumb?) questions lately, but you guys have been champs answering them.

If I attack someone in a federation who has no defensive pacts, do the Feds join in?

thanks, that got it

>not building a global shadow empire with money and controlling them all that way