Can we get a plastidip hate thread

So I sprayed a stripe on my Nissan Cube about 1 foot wide from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the back along with hubcaps

>FF about 3 months
>Decide fuck it im gonna buy a different car
>got to stealership
>tells me my trade in will double almost triple if I take the stripe off
>figure okay it should just come off if I peel it like a sticker
>NOPE
It took me dousing the whole stripe in lighter fluid for an hour and a pressure washer to get it all off

Whoever said that plasti dip comes off easily is fucking retarded I tried peeling that shit off and it came off in tiny 1/4 inch chunks not like a sticker as they claim
>you didn't do enough coats
Yes I fucking did I did 8 coats across the entire car

Fuck plastidip

You did too many coats.

I HATE PLASTIDIP

8 light coats is equal to maybe 2 normal coats.
So your coat count doesn't mean anything.
Learn to paint.

Lmao Logee01 is this you?

You forgot to take your name and trip off if you were impersonating him to insult him.

i like it, dipped my side mirrors and they look brand new compared to the faded red paint that was previous

Don't use lighter fluid, use CRC Brakleen + pressure washer, it'll be off in under 20 min

Gotta get the CRC brand, otherwise the eternal Jew doesn't get his grubby paws on as much of your hard earned sheckles goy.

Should I plastidip my windows?
I can't afford tints

>what is google

>Should I plastidip my windows?

haters will tell you no, but yes you should. so much easier than tints.

T. Jose Hernando Taco

Considering a fill->sand->repaint->mount+balance

I'm gonna have to argue it's great depending on application. Saves me a boatload versus the other options.

Maybe when I get a set of new rubber.

Plasti dip tail light tint does not have the optical clarity needed in windows.
Even standard window tint doesn't have great optical clairty and causes eye strain and on extended rides can make you tired.
If you need to get your windshield tinted for medical reasons you will end up spending double or triple what a normal tint job would cost because the tint with a high enough optical clarity isn't cheap.

Obviously I would just be doing the side windows
Would plastidip gum up the window mechanism?

No, it won't.
But you're going to regret it once you do it and see how bad it is to look through.

it wont gum anything up. tints are pretty thick and they operate just fine. you will be ok plastidipping your windows. fuck the haters.

If you own a Nissan Cube I have no confidence in anything you do.

>Nissan Cube

Stopped reading right there. Sage goes in all fields.

>muh trade in
You're getting fucked sideways no matter what.

Used to

Yes is this 5.0 user?

Yes all windows for max street cred

The alternative is that he has to find someone to buy his shitty Cube privately, deal with the headaches of spics test driving it, curbing it, flooring it, and generally risk destroying it. On top of that there's no guarantee he'll get a much better price.

On top of THAT, if you trade in a vehicle you save the taxes on the trade-in value.

i.e. buying a vehicle for $30,000
>trade in your car for $12,000
>only have to pay sales tax on $18,000 instead of $30,000

Where I live, that would equate to:

Paying $3,900 in taxes or $2,340

Make sure you're selling your car privately for more than the difference, otherwise you're possibly paying more in the long run.

OP Here. This guy gets it
Unless I wanted to wait for months on end for someone as dumb as me to buy my cube outright for the price I wanted from it I would've had to trade it in anyway

>Unless I wanted to wait for months on end

This too. Sometimes you need to buy a new vehicle ASAP and can't just sit and wait. My last vehicle started burning oil and I needed to get rid of it before it turned into a huge problem that became widely known (more and more people are finding out about the shitty I4's Toyota used).

I traded it in to a dealership for about 50% of the used market value on Autotrader. But because of this, I saved about $800 on taxes, and the dealer also agreed to knock $1800 off the price of the vehicle I was buying (it was a used vehicle too).

Overall, it's just a better choice unless you can wait or have something really R A R E that deserves to be bought for full price.

i used plasti dip on the hood scoop of my saabaru, and it turned out nicely. i like the contrast between the black and white on the hood.

that being said i applied it like 3 years ago, and its starting to come off now. im thinking of reapplying it

Plastidip can look quite good if you take the time to do it properly. It's just about layering and not getting impatient/greedy/sloppy.

My sideview mirrors, door handles, and front bumper all have Plastidip on them. Looks stock, you wouldn't know unless you touched it to feel the rubbery texture.

pic related

here's stock pic for reference

They never should have made the bumper trim silver, almost no one leaves it that way.

But fuck paying $1,500 for Toyota OEM "TRD Blackout" parts.

Cool low light photo from 30 yards with a cheap camera from 2008 with extreme compression.

I was about 14' away and it's a D3200 from 2014. 18-55mm kit lens was used.

Why so triggered :^)

Shitty photo with shitty compression with a shitty camera in a shitty situation by a shitty photographer.

>extreme compression

You can't post NEF pics outside of /p/ you stupid fuck, everything on this board will have shit compression.

>trying to bully someone about a photo of their car on Veeky Forums

wrong board faggot, you belong here

Oh wow it's like you're trying to hurt my feelings or something.

Yes, it will start to roll off and shred from the weatherstripping. Plastidip isn't smooth when finished, it has a rough/rubbery feeling. Your fucking window mechanism will get filled with it.

>.jpg
>complaining about grainyness

I used a lossless jpeg but 4chin strips exif so it likely added loss in anyway.

Anyone with half a brain shoots in NEF+JPEG.

But since Jap moot is cheap, he won't pay for necessary storage to have RAW photos uploaded to boards outside of /p/, despite Veeky Forums being an IMAGE BOARD.

My point is that complaining about someone posting a "grainy" .jpg on Veeky Forums is fucking retarded, because all .jpg is grainy. If you weren't a poser you'd know that.

Paint your rotors for %20 more swag

I see a depressing number of people with painted drum brakes on their shitboxes.

You have lossless Jpeg, and compressed Jpeg, and you can vary the compression on that Jpeg
All Jpegs aren't created alike.
And his photo is particularly compressed.

Shooting in lossless jpg+raw is pointless, it just fills up your card 3x faster.

Please stop pretending to know what you're talking about.

We're not even arguing the same thing.

Check out my dank compressed jpeg.
So space efficient.

you are though, you're complaining that someone posted a grainy jpg and that they should be shooting in lossless jpg so you can complain slightly less, but i corrected you by reminding your dumb ass that anyone who actually uses their camera shots in jpg+raw and so there's no reason to shoot in lossless jpg and therefore your complaint is completely baseless

can you just stop being such an ignorant faggot already

WD-40 (Or any other brand.) + pressure washer. Let it settle in for about 15 minutes, pressure washer it off. I've done it a few times to my wheels and it works everytime without issue.

plastidip is for the same type of people that duct tape things instead of fixing them

Since they're both jpegs of the same resolution, they must be the same onichan!

His point was the picture had no relevance because you can't see shit in it

Plastidip is garbage, it's for rake handles, it always looks terrible on cars, it doesn't matter how much time you waste applying it

Heartbreaker confirmed for least retarded person in this thread

photo shows it just fine, seems to blend in with the rest of the trim

not sure why you felt the need to start shitting all over the place, fuck off tripfag

>says the guy who DDs a literal shitbox

le mayo

literally no one said that

you're just shitposting at this point

It doesn't come off

Maybe

its you what the fuck man? Why did you kick me from the minnes/o/ta server?

I disbanded it because it was dead.