Hey guys

Hey guys,

A few of you may remember the thread I made asking for suggestions for a touge/wangan game.
Among suggestions was to make a dev log - So here it is, with the first post now available
>projectjdmdorifto.tumblr.com
As mentioned in the devlog, the contents of the demo are still yet to be decided. Since the thread we have made notable advancements, some of which are in the dev log. I plan on updating this every 2-4 days.
I have also delayed the 'official public' announcement of this game for quiet some time as I feel we need to focus on basic gameplay and more before revealing the project.
I will also add the various car selections on the Tumblr site as we make them available under a new page. The Tumblr will serve as a Wikipedia for the game while it's in development.
If you have any skills that you want to contribute please use >[email protected] or twitter.com/jdmdorifto
Appreciate all the support, it you want to make this thread a regular thing please let me know.

Last thread:
>

Other urls found in this thread:

projectjdmdorifto.tumblr.com
youtube.com/watch?v=fb7FFIBPg5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apologies for the terrible formatting, mobile...

>dat winding road
A E S T H E T I C

owo

what's this?
originaloli

Heres a suggestion:
a replay mode that can record and format clips into webm so i can shit up /wsg/ with drifto footage.

owo means oral without condom.

I was contemplating this yesterday, good to seem there are people behind it. Thanks.

One last in development shot. A lot of changes since this screenshot last week.

yooooo is that an FTO?

why would you add a fwd car to a drift game?

i assume it will have a open world/sandbox element to it
would you be able to drive in a city setting and then also all the way to the mountain roads?

Not only that, but also give us the tools to make us do dramatic things, like slow downs, close ups, and shit like that. Maybe even a mode where you can make a "custom video" by controlling both cars yourself to make Initial D styled videos, though that might be hard to pull off.

Shit man, I started on a similar project in UE4 not too long ago but never really got anywhere since assets are a bitch to source/create and I'm just a programmer

I might hit you up later if you're looking for a programmer. Used unity plenty before and worked as a C# dev professionally in the past.

It was just added for experimental purposes, we got it off the web to use temporarily.
That is the main plan for world layout - hill, countryside, suburban, urban, city and wangan
Awesome, feel free to message me, we're using C#.

How about a game where you suck my wangan

Thanks for the update OP
Bookmarking your page

couple of questions, will there be wheel support and will it be multiplayer?

>if you want to make this thread a regular thing please let me know
please do this, I don't use tumblr
and I hope development works out this is pretty much the perfect Idea for a racing game

too stupid to quote the dead thread so ill just repost that user
>You need to include RPG elements and dirty slags you can interact with
make it a dating sim but instead of stupid candycrush-styled minigames use a rep system i.e. you see a hot chick talking with some guy, challenge him for a race and if you win it your chances with the girl get higher

game called Dorifto needs more rwd cars

That's not the name geek, it's just a placeholder.

Cheers man.
Yes, wheel support will be available. I don't plan on integrating multiplayer support as of now.
Sounds good. I'll wait for a few more people to agree with you though. If you use Twitter, ours is @JDMDorifto.
While I don't plan to make the game revolving around this, I'll certainly consider it.

why no 240z?

There will be. I just planned on Including it in the coupe secton.

I hope you are not limiting the car list to RWD and only Japanese cars

Absolutely not, but I do intend in putting significantly less European cars than Japanese cars in.

I think there should be some effects to give a better since of speed like (very slight) screen shake, wind sfx, and maybe some effect on the music while going fast.

Oh also I think menus like nfs:mw had would go well if you're adding vhs effects to it.

Need more trees dude.

T W I N G O
W
N
G
O

>If you use Twitter, ours is @JDMDorifto
thanks, I'll follow that

Looking sweet so far but will car models be rhd? I noticed on the tumblr the reference interior for the ef was lhd. Its not such a huge issue if they are going to be lhd but as an Australian it slightly bothers me when cars in games are lhd. If the game is meant to be set in Japan it would also make sense

I dunno why was it in the TXRD2 games?

Games that are only drift and omit FWD are boring.

Thanks! They will be RHD, I was just using it as reference but specified that it will indeed be RHD.
Awesome.
Confirmed as in the game in the last thread.
We haven't added trees to the scene yet, the same goes for many environmental and other items.
Good suggestions.

Another screenshot, this time with trees.

will there be cool rest stops to hang out in?

That should be where you find people to race.

Also will there be any car modification eventually?

Yes, there will
- Bodykits
- Engine swaps
- Full car stats (HP, Top speed, Torque, weight etc.)
- Garage based in the mountains.
- Rusted.
- Stickers
- Liverys
- Workshop
- Variable rim and tyre sizes.
- Ride height
- Camber
- Rollcage
- Custom paint etc.
- Maybe mechanic aspect
- Let the player remove trim pieces and interior bits individually to reduce weight
- Shakotan exuasts and straight pipes etc.
- Changes MUST impact the physics
- Replacement parts, parts wear after a while (oil, fuel, air filters, engine internals)
- Underglow
- Led lights, extra lights

Damn nice.

I take it that'll be over time and not on first launch right? Also body kit idea, or just an idea to pad the car list later down the line, but it'd be neat if you say, if the T160 generation of Celica, let us swap the Corona coupe's front end of the same generation onto it, or even add that car later, just make changes (I'd assume the Celica would be the GT-Four version) making it FWD on the handling and change the Decals, can use most of the old modle, and then you pad the list in an upate later.

Pic related. Even then the front end would be neat as a kit.

OP I like the idea of this, a lot. I've been spending way to many hours on GTA 5 FiveM drift servers lately. If you haven't tried them out, they are more arcadey than AC but really fun to bang around in. All touges and tracks available. Going door to door is really fucking fun.

If you're doing things from scratch you might have some good resource here.

For the custom paint system, can you have an option to give individual body panels their own color? Also, an old VW Beetle would be cool to have in the game.

Cheers. While swapping body panels is certainly a possibility, I'm not sure about completely swapping a front end. I'll look into it though. Needless to say, those cars will be in the game regardless.
Thanks man. While I haven't tried FiveM yet, I have used some drift mods with drift cars. It's really fun!
Good suggestion, I'll likely implement it.I do like the idea of a Beetle in the game too.

You should make a discord server for the game, just to make it easier to keep up with development

>projectjdmdorifto.tumblr.com
>random wear on the roads
>more realistic
That doesn't make it more realistic.

Wear on the roads would happen for extremely specific reasons under extremely specific circumstances.

>squirrel walked path once, lightly smoothing out the parts he stepped on, on a microscopic level, reducing the friction
>because of the position of 5 of the trees in relation to a slope that's affected by the amount of sun it gets, rain, under certain conditions, would fall in these areas more than others, depending on how heavily it rained for how long
>Stacy got a text message at 18:57 about something she was talking to her mom about 24 text messages ago, the first on received at 13:04, right after she took the first hairpin turn, etcetera, etcetera, so she slammed her breaks exactly 156.98744102997465ft from that straight

>there's a unique tree over there, so people slow down in that area more, so the wear is different

We currently are using a private one, but if enough people want one I'll make a public server.
I meant more realistic not in a physics sense but a general environmental sense, in that it won't impact physics. See the pic related.

Make it a regular thing, i'm sure the GTR vs Corvette shitposters can manage.

>GTA 5 FiveM
i have legit never heard of this. Worth getting GTAV on PC for it?

>wangan

I just started playing MaxiTune and have spent a hundred plays for the past 2 days. All I could think of was 'This could've been an Initial D cab.'

Make an option to swap the Twingo front end on every car.
Twingo for days! :D

(just kidding)

Alright, I will do.
I'm sure there will be some modders who will do this if the game supports it...

you should really make a discord or irc or something. it'd be a lot better for communication

shit dude tahat looks comfy as fuck

Refer to >We currently are using a private one, but if enough people want one I'll make a public server.

Meant to say thanks.

Feel free to suggest other cars here.

Interesting, curious to see where this goes. Until then Crew satisfies my free roaming dorifto needs.

One time I saw a Peugeot 206 in a Japanese drift contest video on youtube

I'll be releasing a new dev log with all the contents that will be included in the demo, 90s hatchbacks and 70s sedans. Also music and screenshots will be included. I'll post a new thread once this one dies.

You can find the post once it goes live through Twitter - @JDMDorifto

TOYOTA TERCEL

I want to body roll drift in dad's ancient 4-door Toyota.

March Super Turbo.

Suzuki Alto Works

youtube.com/watch?v=fb7FFIBPg5E

Both of these are in the 80s section.

>Twingo confirmed
Godly.

But it has to be an LHD import, since they were never made in RHD.

at least add this car
there is no game with it

The idea that this game may exist at some point in time is what gets me through the day.

So, you have 70s and 80s hatchbacks, and you said coupes were in the making, would sedans and wagons make it into the game, and what is the timeframe for cars? 70s-90s, or is there going to be some early 2000s stuff?

Hey since you have the sunny 305Re, any potential consideration for the RZ-1 Nismo? At least down the line at somepoint?

Here is the car list
- JDM 70s/80s/90s hatchbacks
- JDM 70s/80s/90s sedans
- JDM 70s/80s/90s pickups/vans
- JDM 70s/80s/90s wagons
- JDM 70s/80s/90s executives
- JDM 70s/80s/90s coupes
- JDM 70s/80s/90s supercars
- European JDM cars (Delta, E30, E46, Clio. 964 etc.)
- Japanese rally cars, (MR222 too)

The timeframe is from 1970-1999. I appreciate the interest.
I plan on having it in the '80s sedan section'.
It will be in as a LHD import, thanks.

Sorry I meant '80s coupe section'.

Isuzu Gemini/I-Mark

Great suggestion, I'll add it.

Isuzu Impulse?

If it is already then nvm

It is in.

Don't forget for full JDM on the second gen impulse call it the Piazza like you have the first gen.

Dunno if it fits in the time period, but kei cars would be pretty sweet as well.