Your first car

>your first car
>what happened to it

1997 Toyota Camry, got it from my cousin as my first car. Beat to hell, but it was still a tank and drove my all through high school, to many parties and driving home drunk friends, to late night cruises around town. All the way through my first few years of college even after it broke down the tough SOB wouldnt die
>finally had to trade it in
>hurt a bit leaving it in the lot
>sometimes think about it rusting away in some junkyard, hoping instead it was just scraped
you served me well, you fucking tank

1989 Honda civic. Sold it to my friend when I went to college. I took that car and made it shine. New paint, new seats, decent stereo, the works. And my friend ran it into the fucking ground. The head gasket blew in 2003 and that was the end of the civic.

2001 L6 Jeep Cherokee
Dad gave it to me after I got my license, gave it to my friend a few weeks ago because he really likes it. Has more than 150k miles on it without any issues, just maintenance stuff

2012 Honda Fit
Still drive it.

>giving away an xj
Kill you self idiot

>First car
2006 PT Cruiser

>What happened to it?
I bought it for $800 with my first check after I graduated from high school and had my first job. I sold it for $750 to a fucking black guy who said "You got this shit clean, son.", I took care of that thing like it was my baby, the backdraw was that it had over 250,000 miles and everybody except black people and women seemed to despise it.
It did its job, took me from A to B, hopefully it's still alive.

Same but mine was 03 V6, I have videos of me and friends in car from HS, I miss it even with it's shit interior

2009 Honda Civic

Love it more everyday. I was a fan of Honda before, now it's my go to for any future new car purchase. Will always love Japanese cars. It's been problem free since I got it

84 Fiero, still have it. Plan on overhauling and swapping it in the nearish future

>2003 montero
>owned it for 6 years
>bought my own car this past spring, my little brother was 2 months past 16
>"heh, its your turn pal."
>helped him put in new speakers
>helped him do babby's first oil change
>the clearcoat is fading and all sorts of other minor problems are starting to pop up, but it's still faithfully sitting in the driveway outside

t-thanks

Yeah, because fuck doing nice things for friends when there’s $300 to be had

2005 GMC Envoy from my grandpa, 'cuz he was too cool in his WRX to need it.
Still drive it, though it has a fucking crack in the exhaust header.

Just weld over that crack, user. It'll be fine.

Okay I guess it's my turn :(

>1993 Dodge Dakota LE 4x4
It has a 5.2 Magnum in it. I got it in a trade for an '82 Nighthawk 650. Thought I got ripped off after I drove it around for a bit, turns out the nighthawk had $750 due to the DMV anyways.

I ran the fucking thing into the ground, dude. I've mistreated it so badly, and it finally gave out on me last weekend. I've made amazing memories in it, and I can't bare to scrap it though.

>be me, recently 18 years old
>enlisting in marine corps, don't leave for awhile
>best friends all enlisting
>Air Force bro comes back on leave
>Christmas time, he invites me to his brothers friends to drink
>his brother's friend is a retired Sgt in the marine corps and current sheriffs deputy (didn't find out until after the fact)
>cool as fuck, drinks with me the whole night and jokes about the Corps and how I'm gonna love it
>drank quite a bit but wasn't even buzzed, friend left
>drive to another party he went to, admittedly probably pretty buzzed but I don't remember being buzzed
>fast forward 2am, driving him home with another friend
>raining hard, go into a stater brothers parking lot
>some dumbass hit a fire hydrant, cops are there, fire truck too
>decide if I turn around and drive away the cops would probably follow me
>parking lot doesn't look like it's flooded bad or anything
>fuck it, my truck has clearance I'll drive through
>got halfway through and the water started getting into the cab
>lmfao fuck me right, halfway through now anyways
>it dies
>new to cars, don't know what to do so I try and start it
>did it a few times before I decided to get out and push

Basically I pushed it out of the water and left it in a parking spot because obviously it wasn't starting back up. I stopped a few other people with lowered cars from making my same mistake too, and helped push out the one guy who apparently couldn't hear me.
>pic very related

Funny thing is, I came back the next day with my dad and some starting fluid. Eventually we got it started again, and it literally poured water out the exhaust. No clue how I didnt hydrolock the engine in retrospect. My dad says he's never seen so much water come from an engine before.

>pic related, my truck when I went camping with my friends, lots of alcohol, and guns to boot

I'm gonna fix this fuckin thing. I love this truck.

Technically my Dakota I posted about wasn't my first car. It was an '87 Suburban I got from my brother as a graduation present (way beforehand I even graduated). I don't count it because I didn't drive it much, considering I didn't get my license until a few years later.

The thing was cool but it owed in DMV fees so I parked it in my grandmas yard, and then a rat infestation in her she'd spread, and they just fucked everything up on that vehicle. The poor thing.

I fucking hate rats with a passion now, no sympathy for the filthy destructive assholes.

You Hydrolocked it. If you ever do that again, pull all your spark plugs out and spin it over. It's not good to start a vehicle with a combustion chambers worth of incompressible liquid inside

I thought once an engines hydrolocked it's done, no?

Good to know for the future, but next time I'm paying close attention to where my intake is mounted.

Fun fact: 9 months later and I still have the same air filter in my truck that got flooded that night

I would and I even have the gear, but the sphincter clenching bit is taking off the bolts from the manifold.
>lol do it in the car
pls no

>1995 mercury villager
it was high miles and in bad shape when I got it. back hatch wouldn't open (spent 2 hours getting my spare tire out by making 1/8th turns over the back seat), the sliding door would lock but not unlock, no middle bench, heater went out in the winter, driver seat was one mild fender-bender away from disconnecting from the floor.

ultimately it wasn't worth the money it'd take to repair it, so it was sold off to someone in dire straits who needed it and couldn't afford something nicer.
someone took the time to fix it though, because almost 10 years later i still see it driving around

Oh come on, it can't be THAT hard to take them off

I own a 1997 accord lx with 218k miles on it and im still driving it strong, the car is technically a year older than i am since it was made in '96 and i was born in '97

this is my biggest fear holy shit

'79 2wd Toyota pickup. Got it in 2005 and sold it back in March of this year. The floorboards were rusted out and I could never keep a reliable fuel pump or alternator in the damn thing.

I got a letter from an impound lot in key west saying to come get it, apparently the guy I sold it to never registered it in his name. I'm surprised it went that far without something breaking (I'm in New Mexico) no telling its fate at this point, hopefully somebody bought it at an auction and is fixing it up

1996 Holden Commodore
I still drive it
Solid as fuck senpai, easy to find parts and only problem i've had with it were the spark plugs
Bought it off the grandparents of a friend who bought it new

2007 PT Cruiser, tire blew up on the highway going 70, crashed into a concrete wall at about 40 was hella fun.

Fuck that car though, I replaced it's radiator 4 times and that was how it repays me.

'89 GMC S15. 4.3 V6, given to me by dad. Light blue paint stripped of clearcoat, rough like primer almost. Got it at 215K miles, ran it up to 245K before getting rear-ended by an F-250 driven by old people.

Fucking loved that truck, so many memories.

My front passenger tire blew up in my Dakota while I was doin 80 on the freeway. Scary shit. I was able to control my truck and steer it to the side though, despite having to cut off a semi to do so. If you're here semi bro, I'm sorry. I had no other choice.

My first car was a 1972 Plymouth Satellite with a roadrunner hood and 400 big block. My parents wouldn't let me park it in the garage and a drunk Mexican hooning slammed into it in front of our house.

Still have it. Bought it at 16, now 3 years later it has never let me down. Got it for €700 cause it sat in a barn for 16 years. It only needed a fuel pump and basic maintenance... My goal is to fix it up some more, get some nicer wheels and when I sell it, I'll try to find the guy who sold it to me, because his son (mid 40s guy) was sad to see his (late) brothers car go.

Let me start of by saying how fucking jealous I am.

Also, fucking beaner. I'd be absolutely fuckin livid.

fuckign spics

Ya I was in the far left lane with pretty much no traffic, pop, I brake, I get slammed. I'm glad the airbags weren't fucked or I would have been in pretty deep shit. No injuries which was nice, now I'm driving an infinity better civic.

>Lancia Kappa Coupe Turbo
>1 month into ownership, one month into license.

Took my mates for a ride.Car filled to the brim with narcotics. Cabin fogged up with smoke. Wild night riding. Zig zagging about. Eagerly shifting it's weight from one wheel to the other. Turbo happily whistling. Came in too hot on a cloverleaf. Spun out, crashed into a jersey barrier. Mates came piling out. Tumbling over each other like someone just emptied a can of clowns. Disappearing in the dark. Left me standing there with a bad leg, enough drugs to put me away for trafficking and the corpse of a Lancia billowing out smoke and fluids. Cop car pulled over within a minute of the incident. They were following me.

And that my dear readers is when I straightened out. . Mourn with me over the death of a glorious automobile that was sacrificed for this purpose.
/blog

fraaie auto maar wat is de bedoeling met die taartschep.

zijn celica onderdelen overigens een beetje goed te krijgen hier?

2003 Renault Laguna estate 3.0
Was a piece of shit but the card thing was dank. Tiny mirrors, the rear suspension was fucked so it scraped everywhere and the throttle response was disgusting. At times it took almost 5 seconds to go when floored. Literally the worst beginner car you can buy.
Got pit maneuvered by a retard one night. Was going about 120 KPH, climbed a curb and destroyed some newly planted trees. Thankfully it didn't roll. Afterwards I thought I'm the worst driver in the world because I'm a fucking autist but eventually got over it. My dad had the car fixed up and sold while I was being a little bitch.