/rs2g/ - Rising Storm 2 General

1 day and 10 hours or so edition

Previous thread: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and soon™ to be released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFsMguGrUVo
youtube.com/watch?v=0FCOTGJq5G0&list=PLcOnBsOAUSYNnOLc8HyR7smX5vxfYXvQp&t=36s&
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcOnBsOAUSYP7IyzXQ8PJ15P6EYlsnEvb
youtube.com/watch?v=LyW53b9WU8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0XC1f46MErQ
youtube.com/watch?v=09AoSDKT4PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qjzjhl-QztE
youtube.com/watch?v=xVp9E5jX3Z0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

33 hours

In the meantime, Insurgency/Day of Infamy refugees welcome

Saw this game about a week ago and remembered I bought ro2 a year or two back and never tried it.

I've gotten tired of cs and insurgency so I decided to try ro2 and damn is it fun.

I'm debating on getting rs2 but just thought I'd get some last second insight on if it's worth it.

I feel like it will be, especially since I was a big fan of battlefield vietnam.

What's your rarest achievement that you lost, lads?

I'd say it's worth it if you liked RO2 and Battlefield Vietnam. Its $25 on steam and even less on grey market sites.

Animal Mother is the epitome of a typical military idiot. With ego bigger than his brain, his recklessness and constant need to show off got the Cowboy killed. No tactics, no attempts to outsmart your enemy, just hurrah forward into the kill zone.

Who else /moviemarathon/ here? Yesterday i watched hamburger hill, we were soldiers, FMJ e platoon. WWS is way worse than i remember, so fucking cheese. Got two "tell my wife i love her" lines. TWOOOOOOOOO LINEEEEEES.
HH was best. propose other vietnam movies ples

>Be excited to play RS2 for a whole week
>Be keen as fuck to play it within the first hour of launch
>Check the store page time remaining, notice something off about it
>Realise that the game only actually releases at fucking 5AM in my timezone

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang fuck this

Casualties of War, Apocalypse Now, Deer Hunter.

>mfw 11 AM

YOU EVER HAVE TO KILL A BABY, YOU EVER HAVE TO KILL A LITTLE GOOK BABY

Guys.... What if.... As an expansion for this they make a 1980 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan game.
Red Army vs CIA backed Afghan Mujahadeen.
That would be fucking amazing.

USSR as the superpower with all the arty, tanks Hinds, Hips and strike aircraft against Proto-Ragheads with M16s, Stingers and CIA for call ins.

Too modern.

it's only like a decade later, It would still be M16s and AKMs, with no gadgetry, pre-computer age vehicles and minimal satellite fuckery.

Basically the last war before the fall of the USSR and first gulf war really changed the paradigm.

>all those low level people playing RO2/RS, did the game go on sale recently?

We're not getting any new content at full release, are we.

People could grab it for free recently, not sure if it's still a thing but I think it was a whole day where peeps could go grab a copy.

No, why would we that game isn't out yet. This is the pitfall of playing in betas.
Anything new needs to be beta tested, which means you would already see it.

didn't proto-ragheads use type-56s?

nope, which is why I barely played in any of the beta waves. this is TWI after all

I would definitely rather see this than Korean War, which would be a better fit for RS1 expansion.

They made 32 and 64 players versions of these 2 maps no one played.

>and CIA for call ins.

Exactly. It'd be the best kind of shooter, the one with no "good guys" anywhere. Red Army, Afghan Communists VS Literally Jihadis and CIA. Russian get to lay booby trapped Suppliesand childrens toys everywhere while blowing the shit out of everything with Hinds and Tanks, Mooshes get to snipe and and hide in tunnels and Stinger helos and car bomb things. And everyone involved can carelessly or intentionally massacre nearby civilians while leaving mines everywhere for whoever to step on.

>tfw this game will go through the same content drought that RO2 had

30 to 33 hours until deployment. Are we ready?

youtube.com/watch?v=WFsMguGrUVo

Hey, care to upload this playlist somewhere so I can download?

Anyone else thinking they're holding off on Saigon and Khe Sahn so they can release it as a Tet Offensive dlc pack?

I've been ready since I woke up in the morning and saw that TW stole my .exe.
Looking forward to getting back into the good fight to defend Capitalism and Israe- I mean, Freedom and Democracy.

If they're still in my steam profile they're not lost. Can't see other people's cheevos ingame

Fuck this I wan't the korean war, I really hope we will get a DLC of that in the future

But that would be Rising Storm 1 with Soviet weapons and Grease Gun.

he machinist, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam; probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans. Lance, on the forward .50s, was a famous surfer from the beaches south of LA. One look at him and you wouldn't believe he ever fired a weapon in his whole life. Clean... Mr. Clean... was from some South Bronx shithole and the light and space of Vietnam really put the zap on his head. Then there was Phillips, the Chief. It might have been my mission, but it sure as shit was the Chief's boat!

Retard alert.

my body is ready

Upload it somewhere, dude, please.

>Still no Age of Aquarius
>Still no LET THE SUN SHINE while soaring through the sky

Your body is ready to be filled with GI seed, fag commie boi.

You may like Stalingrad(1993) if you want a brutally honest depiction of war.

>never tried it

I hope some of these videos gets you interested in joining us conscri--- comrade.

youtube.com/watch?v=0FCOTGJq5G0&list=PLcOnBsOAUSYNnOLc8HyR7smX5vxfYXvQp&t=36s&
index=1

also, the channel is ad-free and all videos are made out of love not $$$ for ro2.

>I mean, Freedom and Democracy.

We are in Vietnam because Inside every subhuman foreigner is an American trying to claw its way out.

Indeed.

Here's some no hud footage to get the PTSD flowing (you should all try playing this way sometime).

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcOnBsOAUSYP7IyzXQ8PJ15P6EYlsnEvb

post yfw you realize tomorrow you'll be cooking the gooks

>everyone involved can carelessly or intentionally massacre nearby civilians
God, imagine there being gook civilians in this game and hearing young Lo Ping Mo cry over his mum taking a stray bullet

That would make it a next-level PTSD simulator.

My upload speed is pretty shit but I'll try uploading it after I add some more tunes. It could do with some early Pink Floyd, The Who, and Velvet Underground.

That might actually be somewhat traumatizing. It's always the audio from survivors that fuck me up in real footage.

Sauce on the picture?

I wish we had more pictures like these

>it aint me starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=LyW53b9WU8Y

turtle.fish.paint

What weapons do you want to see in future updates?

i want SCAR and humvee :)

>still an entire day until release

>tfw you always said 'bridges' when people were map voting during the beta
>tfw people always laughed

I wish there was some sort of way of denoting you were a RO veteran in this, something subtle like the medal they did in RO2.

>not being mamayev master-race
SUBHUMAN

>/rs2g/
>not /rsg/
YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

RUNECOONS, RAUS!

>not being a Pavlov Patrician and getting up in that high apartment building on A, casually sniping/MGing Ivan from 300m

>Caring about RS enough to worry about hurting their feelings

>not being member of the Apartments Aristocracy and camping in that little building by the first two points, every game

>not being an Arad Lad, capping those points faster than fritz capped France

Seriously; the Soviets can jump on those points before Hans can even get a clear shot at them, and if they can take the building pictured, then it's all over.

LESS THAN 24 HOURS UNTIL DEPLOYMENT, GET READY TROOPS

I'd rather go on the building of A upstairs and shoot Ivan trought the sheets of the window without them ever seeing me

Who else here is honoring our Pacific Theatre vets by roasting Japs in the jungle?

youtube.com/watch?v=0XC1f46MErQ

juungle waaaaar

Or dead soldiers idfk how Memorial Day works

Post beta bugs.

Wave 5. If you tried to go from VC spawn to A through the small building on Hue City, you fell through the floor.

>Humble Bundle gives the game out for free
>Hordes of poor fag Brazilians, and Western Children flood the servers
>Level 1 Team Leaders
>Hundreds dead to Arty Friendly Fire every round
>SL lvl 5, average lifespan of 30 seconds
>Children screaming old memes into the mic
>Brazilians pretending they can speak English
>3 smokes thrown the entire game
>Teammates complain about X
>Vets offer suggestions
>DUDE STOP GIVING ME ADVICE I PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN.

Now you HAVE to buy RS2. Pretty smart decision, Tripwire.

its just a game dude (: dotnd b so worked up lol (:

Our last night on the island. I draw fire watch.

goodfellas

what's fire watch

sentry duty
god fucking help your ass if you fall asleep, maggot

>mfw the Ballad of Ho Chi Mihn is on there

Take this and use it

youtube.com/watch?v=09AoSDKT4PQ

>flamethrower or thumber
>flamethrower or thumber
>flamethrower or thumber
>flamethrower or thumber

>Oн нe мoжeт читaть aзбyкy.

Where's the cheepest place to get a CD key?

Пpичeм тyт aзбyкa? Tы чтo, eбaнyтый?

>/TЩИЩBH УMУК BЩУЫ MЭУETФЬ CPФКПУ ЩT when I scream from mic

i dont know. try kinguin or g2a.

post music, fags.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qjzjhl-QztE

Я нaдeюcь этo тeбe пoмoжeт.

dude pls upload it. make a torrent maybe?

Can someone buy me this game? I'm poor af
Steam ID: tistopeos1942

thnx senpaitachi

sent you a copy :^)

dude it's like 11 bucks on kinguin

greek college student here
country's debt was so nice I decided to create my own by attending college, literally got 5 euros to spare for the next 3 days

>no The Animals - We Gotta Get out of this Place

>He cant figure out how to make 20 euros

check again my dude

american college student here.
Budget better.

>tfw no Italy mod for RO2

I'd like to see Africa mod.

>no For What It's Worth

I don't care that it's a meme song (and not actually written about Vietnam), the soldiers there felt it was and liked it a lot.

I'm going to look into the modding scene for RO2/RS. Seems like a no brainer place for history geeks to recreate battles.

uk college student here
got about £10,000 sitting in my bank from grants and loans that i have to pay back at 9% of my salary when i get a job

Actually RO2/RS was used in some kind of series of historical documentaries to recreate battles, cooperated with TWI/Antimatter. That's how we got MG42 and assets for Heroes of the West mod. They were made especially for these documentaries.

Here is the trailer for the series
youtube.com/watch?v=xVp9E5jX3Z0