Share your cool pr/o/jects here

Share your cool pr/o/jects here

Other urls found in this thread:

ovrdue.bigcartel.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hi dad

What work has Veeky Forums been putting off?

fuel guage
volt meter
oil leak
alignment

Old cars are both a blessing and curse to work on.

>oil burning
>oil dripping onto exhaust
>misfiring like crazy
>fuel in oil
>unknown oil pressure
>probably a bad transmission
At least I enjoy working on it but damn this thing's a pos

Hello sons. I see the skynard lives on.

Rock & Roll never dies.

I need to halfway yank the engine and do the timing chains, guides, tensioners, and oil pump.

Already spent the last two months replacing everything else on this piece of shit. Too late to set it on fire for the insurance.

Ha I thought I had the only beetle with an Ovrdue sticker.

I have been putting off replacing the rear main seal.

Where to get Ovrdue sticker?

Also, my friend Ted has a blue Beetle just like yours.. but AZ

I usually get them from the local car meets that they attend, but the have a website ovrdue.bigcartel.com/

Hi Dad ;)

Hi Grand-dad :)

My 1978 ws6 w72 4 speed trans am
It's slow going because another firebird is taking priority but this car is my dream come true.
I am lucky to have found such a rare car in rust free condition.
Best part, only 3k

I need a welder.

I have drilled the spot welds and removed the wrecked lower tie bar and passenger fender rail. I have new pieces that need to get welded in. No welder, and don't know how to weld. It's been way to hot for me to work (100+).

I need to cut off the frame horn to weld a new one in too, but afraid the Sparks might start a fire.

Money is holding me back a little too. But hopefully done before year end.

Not my project but something I'll hopefully be able to help my friend work on. As the story goes this 1964 Cutlass was owned by my buddy's father, it had it's engine rebuilt and the car was prepped to be painted. When his father died shortly thereafter it sat in storage for nearly 30 years until the roof of the storage facility started to cave in.

The vast majority of parts needed to fully restore the car are inside the cabin or trunk including most of the trim pieces. We want to know if that V8 will turn over and how much work it would take to get the car running under it's own power again.

>rear main seal

Please do not remind me, also what year is your herbie

my pos 280z 338k and stopped counting. CA will probably never let me drive it legally unless I replace probably every part on the damn thing

Hello chicken senpai!

NGL All these shitbirds are giving me a huge boner

>Neil Young
We don't need him around any how

Still burning some oil. Hoping its a bad pcv valve vs rings.. but its only blowing smoke out the left pipe.

Other than that, just an ugly gas guzzler. Hoping to sell/trade it soon. End goal is a 60s mustang that isnt rusted to shit.

henlo

My 1977 Ford F150 that I thought was a Custom but now I realized that it's a Ranger Explorer so I don't know what's real anymore. I'm putting off taking the trans out, front main is leaking.

Play that dead band's song

Not as in-depth as some of the projects posted earlier, but this is after being saved from the crusher/being parted out back in July.

fuckk that's gonna be cool

What is this?

>y'all'd've

Shit son that's clean

>r*ddit

reported for antisemitism

Ferd

Constant project but fuck me i didnt buy a classic to have it sit for years. Driving it seems to swell up the gaskets enough to stop all the leaks too so theres that benefit. Right now i need to figure out why its pulling me so hard to the right when i brake. Fucker wants to kill me every stop.

adjust your drum brakes

Easy fix, just adjust brakes. Id also just check wheel cylinders and hoses. I had a 53 ford that would pull, drove me crazy trying to adjust it. Turns out the other side just wasnt working.

Nice exterior but the interior with that cheap plastic is shit, nice car though.

Stator, starter, carb rebuild, thermostat

That's why I paid $4350 for it last year. Seller was highly "optimistic" about the mechanical condition. Looked mostly OK during the test drive but every time I work on the car I end up replacing a ton of completely worn out shit.

That, plus the previous owner riced the interior with chrome trim and billet buttons everywhere. Despite the interior being godawful plastic trash I'm kinda proud of how it looks after de-ricing.

>I drove it 125mph on the highway without knowing my balljoints looked like this.

Jesus saves.

manifold gasket
can't remove manifold

Remove the entire fucking car.

in serbia car removes you.

how tf cant you remove the intake manifold?

I love these things.

Thinking about starting a rat rod project.
Am I the only one that thinks these are cool?

they were cool until everything HAS to be chopped cab, lowered, with offset size front and rear tires, bright red flames and black paint, and the loudest fucking exhausts.

be nice to crownon, he a gud boi

bolts are seized in the block.

I've been putting off lots of shit.
>Installing an aftermarket metal thing to keep my timing belt from getting shredded if the harmonic balancer/crank pulley comes apart at 8000rpm.
>Buying a new crank pulley to make sure that it doesn't happen since the car is 25 years old.
>Fixing headliner
>Hard wiring dash cam
>PPF wrapping the last unwrapped panel

So my fiancée is gonna take the plunge and sign up for driving school in October. Given at how horribly understaffed the DMV is, she should have her license by February/march.

So I was planning on buying a 1000 euro car of which I could not care less about.
Is the A4 B5 1.9 TDI 90 bhp a decent choice as a beginner car, for 1000 euros ?
I've seen many A4 B5 Avants that have been tuned and look quite nice. If I were to like this car, I might start a small project on it.
I do have a friend who has an S4 2.7 bi-turbo, but that guy replaced just about everything on that engine.

I was thinking more of installing leather seats, having an dynavin installed, stuff like that..

>What work has Veeky Forums been putting off?
The engine swap on my LGT. Don't have far to go now. I've been putting it off for awhile now as I was under the impression I'd have garage access so I wasn't crawling around in the dirt.

>Engine is less two hours of work away from being pulled; just have the bell housing bolts left & the clutch fork
>Install JDM EJ2.0 ECU/Immobilizer
>Run wiring for dual AVCS
>Order replacement 2.0 and wait for install

Ended up screwed on garage use so I just started on the car Friday morning. Haven't touched it since due to work & weather. Blog post begins now.

>Housing situation was offered through work
>Somehow they were under the impression I wanted nothing to do with it; friend received it
>Friend said I could move in, proceeded to help clean the garage
>Place was absolutely filthy, easily a 4 car garage packed full of odds and ends
>Get it cleaned up after a weeks worth of work, friend hardly helped
>Oddly enough, he was never around
>He kept the useful things I set aside and didn't put in my totes
>Had to work around his possessions, muscled his salvage title R6 around as it doesn't exactly roll
>Had to work around the Traverse he has torn apart
>Finally get the garage cleaned up, time for my LGT to come in
>Friend tells me I can use the pole barn - it'll be just like a garage
>Literally what, if you weren't allowing me to stay here I'd probably blow a gasket
>Pole barn has no power, roof leaks due to missing roof ridge caps, cement slab is busted up, doors that still exist aren't on the track anymore
>Spend another week slaving away cleaning the pole barn
>Old farm equipment everywhere, muscled everything around
>Spend nearly an entire night scraping old, oily, clumpy dirt off the cement slab
>Repaired the old broken benches, fought honey bees, battled spiders, made friends with a retarded baby mouse
>Don't dare leave my tools out in the open
>Pretty sure he told them I wanted nothing to do with the house

I melted the engine in a friend's car so now I'm doing an engine swap on a 2004 Holden commonwhore. I've done swaps in old carby cars only so I'm shitting my pants with all these sensors and shit desuu~~