>Upcoming Invitationals:
N/A

>Upcoming VGL
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_8#Important_Dates

>PES 17 Info:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017

Previously:
/lgbt/ wins the cup
Lear and /merit/ cull six teams, /w/ dodges the cull and makes it to Summer (because of it course it fucking does)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclPbUWaAz-Y7N2r_SuDN0bCsg78YSnBnz1HqH7s9Y5eF7ioQ/viewform
strawpoll.me/13065952
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6370801/#6378581
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6491152/#6491152
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6522886/#6522886
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6522888/#6522888
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6571832/#6571832
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck /w/

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclPbUWaAz-Y7N2r_SuDN0bCsg78YSnBnz1HqH7s9Y5eF7ioQ/viewform
First for vote in this culling opinion poll (23 responses so far)

benis

/w/ is trash and deserves to be killed

"Should making matchday threads be a requirement for any team?*"

The problem is you can easily get banned from /yourboard/ for this

I voted yes for everything but that with that in mind

Fucking shit, if /sp/ stops being the cup villain.

strawpoll.me/13065952

I voted "no" on that because I know exactly how zealous some board janitors are about the threads.

/w/'s janitors seem to be as dead as the support for the board since they've had their thread up for like three weeks with 10 replies.

/w/ has no right to be in summer
Veeky Forums should be granted a slot instead

Fucking fascists, /w/ should have been killed too.

Are you saying somebody called for a veto vote and everyone but two abstained? What sense does that make? Who calls for a veto, gets somebody to second, then neither of them vote yes?

If they took a vote for "should we do the cull," that's different, but it's not how /merit/ is designed to work. That just obfuscates whose ultimately responsible for decisions. Like here, if you opened the decision to a vote and your entire council abstains except two people and you proceed anyway, what fucking sense does that make? Whose call was it?

Let go of /w/ Leaf
If you want to cull no support nomarket teams, do it properly.
And if that means that there is a slot in summer now, give it to Veeky Forums, who have fans, cool blenders and eurobeat.

>Lear was in charge to check /w/'s interest

You just can't make that up, this is an obvious conflict of interest

/sp/ are small fries compared to /w/

FUCK /w/

if a team played well enough to qualify to summer they should be in even if they're manager FC
we're here for memes and fun not serious esport bullshit

Both /w/ and /trv/ do not deserve a team under current culling standards.

But
>played well enough to qualify to summer they should be in even if they're manager FC
is exactly esport bullshit.

I'm on the fence about requiring polling. I understand that the contention is over /merit/ requiring you to break Veeky Forums rules to participate in the cup.

On the one hand, my instinct is that the cup should obey site rules where applicable, so requiring managers to break those rules seems wrong.

On the other hand, hypothetically, if Hiro announced that cup threads were no longer allowed anywhere on Veeky Forums, we'd have to ask ourselves whether to continue the cup or kill it. I'd you'd be okay with continuing the cup and doing things on Veeky Forums despite a sitewide ban, then you're saying you're okay with breaking the rules. In that case, there's no problem with requiring polls now.

But that would be serious esport bullshit.

Even if /trv/ deserved a thread, Mauled doesn't deserve to manage it.

/trv/ had actual replies in their cup thread.

No fuck that, the culling is deserved, the problem is that cunt lear who clearly left out /w/ for his own personal benefit.

we should just leave 32 teams

/trv/ had basically and later on literally zero replies in their threads for the past two years. I do not believe that suddenly ten lifelongs crawled out to randomly support the team in Spring, and expect literally same thing to happen to /w/ now that they're under fire.

Let me remind you that Lear is not supposed to be managing a team, yet he does all the tactics for /w/, and he gets mad at the streamers while Goat doesn't give a shit.
He's also gone way beyond normal board relations with /wg/, who need to be babied like the idiots they are.

The only poll that we should hold is on whether or not /w/ should be in summer.

Not to mention /h/.

We should just leave 36 messages.

If we made the same poll for every team the vast majority of polls would be unfavourable.

That is irrelevant. The point is that /w/ did not earn qualification for Summer and that they are only slated to be in due to a culling based on criteria which would have culled /w/ itself.

You can't remove /out/ from Summer due to popularity and put /w/ in.

>You can't remove /out/ from Summer due to popularity and put /w/ in.

Put Veeky Forums in summer

>You can't remove /out/ from Summer due to popularity and put /w/ in.
Lear's true identity is actually a pile of leaves, so he counts as hundreds of fans.

Reminder that a viewer poll for culling purposes would've been much cleaner than this cloak and dagger shit and far less ambiguous.

Reminder that a viewer poll would've killed /w/ and saved /out/.

Reminder that a viewer poll would account for secondary team support rather than ignore it.

Lear, you better read the fuck out of the previous thread and cull /w/ too. Don't play innocent on that one.
Remember that the poll that they did for primary/secondary was also made at the very last match of the day at 1AM on a sunday when many europeans (like me) were already away, instead of doing it the last day.
Just look at The thread had four replies IN TWO WEEKS. And one is mocking said lack of replies.
I'm sure on /out/ or /c/ you'd have as many replies in a single day, before it getting nuked instantly by a mod.
Lear is extremely retarded about this.

Well Lear, you have two options.
Your precious little pet team plays in Summer, and becomes the most hated team in the cup: more hated than /mlp/, more hated than /sp/, more than /soc/, more than EVEN /t/. Nobody will ever support your board, they will loathe it. They will constantly attack your board and you for supporting it.
Or, you can do what you should have done, and cull /w/.

Impeach Lear

The fact /w/ wasn't in the cutting block in the first place is already proof enough of collusion.

>Most boards struggle to get attention because of cancerous mods
>/w/ doesn't
>/w/ still doesn't have a fanbase despite this.

Lmao.

It's not like this is the first stupid decision Lear has made. His legacy in the cup is making bad decisions and pissing people off. He's not going to change now.

Lets look at /wg/

7th of November 2015
Linked on /merit/ spreadsheet as last thread. Decent sized thread.

25th of February 2016
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6491152/#6491152
About 20+ responses.

27th of March 2016
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6522886/#6522886
0 replies but probably double posted thread with the next one which didn't get bumped alive.

27th of March 2016
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6522888/#6522888
Quite clearly just a few guys bumping the thread.

16th of May 2016
archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6571832/#6571832
0 replies

20th of October 2016
0 replies

Nothing since then. /wg/ should be in the same boat as /h/ and /wsg/.

>that /w/ thread
>3 posts about the lack of talk about /w/ and how dead /w/ is
>one post actually about /w/ in the cup (probably made by Lear, just as the OP)
>one post from a Veeky Forums manager

Seriously how the fuck can you possibly see this as evidence that's there's board interest without being 200% biased. Fuck off, Lear, new commie when?

Which cup was it where Lear wanted /wg/ to advance over /adv/ despite the rules clearly stating /adv/ should play because they made the export deadline? Yeah...

But user, you aren't taking into consideration that /w/ is a slow board. That is a large show of interest when you consider how small the board is! You need to know how to tweak the scales.

Impossible as long as the horsefuckers control /merit/. Remember to vote in the next /merit/ election so we can reverse the situation.

No wait…

>cloak and dagger
Mauled knew enough to sort himself out and /h/ management claims they had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

I only took posts before today considering it being linked it led to banter, which means exactly 4 replies. Across 2 weeks.

Summer 2016.

Reminder if we should keep non managed autopilot teams just because they have board support, then we should also have /trash/ that would've great board support, managers, and is only prevented because of Commissioner bias, the same that push to save /w/.

Can we have a survey on the popular support for sacking Lear?

nice try

The horsefuckers hate Lear. 4CC Lore 101.

SDA and Jack have both said it was not made explicitly clear to them that the fate of the teams they represented rested on them having threads that met an unspecified amount of participation from their boards. I believe them.

Although I'm not a /trash/ fan, it's sad that they would almost undoubtedly have more fans and more culture than a lot of other teams in the cup, and they can't have a team because /merit/ doesn't want them to.

They'd also be allowed to have a cup thread too

Replace /w/ with /c/ desu

Jack made a thread that got two replies including a "fuck off"

We did already.

Nah, should be Veeky Forums; they are the next in line and they have fans, memes and blenders

Things /w/ could only dream of having

When will our Lord and saviour f4r assume the mantle of commissioner?

Not enough to stop his rigging.

This is pretty much my thought too, feelsbadman.

When we start a fund so he can leave his job

I'm not denying that. Jack is a hard case, because /out/ has a lot of secondary support, but no primary support. He was aware of that all along. Whether that secondary support matters for anything depends on whether you think viewer popularity matters for anything.

There was an attempt.

they also get support from /out/'s discord, I don't know if he's aware of that.

Inb4 saudi oil money.
In either case /out/ has still more secondary support than /w/ anyway.

As The Secret Manager, I'd say that you should make an effort to poll and post that poll to the board any which way you can so you can update the roster at least once every 6 months, but match day threads are often a step too far. It's easy to get away with a thread or two every few months where you are basically just having a meta-thread about the board and the culture of the board, it becomes less easy to continue a thread once a week for three weeks where you are linking to a stream.

Personally, when I run polls I include information about the dates of the next with links to how they can get information. This would be easier if the draw was done before the export deadline so I could poll and advertise matches at the same time imho

I meant for culling.

More boards the better for me personally, let /trash/ play!

An official /4ccg/ team competing in the Fetus would have more support than /w/

Tbh I agree that Discords don't matter. You can talk about boards or viewers, but Discords are too far removed from any and everything relevant to be a valid indicator of anything.

Cards on the table, I'm in a horsefucker Discord with over 100 people that I could easily get to vote in surveys and such, even though almost none of them watch the cup and I suspect few of them even browse /mlp/. I don't do that because it'd be wrong. You can't build a system that would take their "voice" into consideration.

>/mlp/ gets Fetus'd
>/w/ fails to promote
>six teams suddenly deleted so that /w/ is promoted and the Fetus is removed
Hmmmm

I'm just saying, there's vocal support browsing /out/. Otherwise I agree with you.

We have logs proving that this was in the works since at least the 2nd of May.

Hiro said all boards are allowed one meta thread at a time to discuss the board itself.

Has anybody tried co-opting one of those? It seems like an obvious loophole to have bulletproof cup threads. Make a meta thread, then start talking about the cup in relation to board quality and culture.

Really makes you think

>Hiro said all boards are allowed one meta thread at a time to discuss the board itself.
news to me actually, do you have a screenshot?

>Has anybody tried co-opting one of those?

/u/ tried once. it got nuked the moment people started to talk about divegrass

No, but I'm sure somebody does.

Maybe we can convince Hiro the occasionnal 4cc should be allowed

Someone made a thread on /jp/ with a screencap of the Hiro post and it got deleted instantly

Just because it's been in the works for a longer time doesn't mean it couldn't have been rigged.
Proof 1: /w/ wasn't even considered for the cull.
Proof 2: just enough teams to push /w/ through were culled.
I actually agree with a cull, /t/ and /p/ have no place to be in for instance, but it's obvious it was done in a faulty manner with clear interests.

>the only board that tried forcing the cup into something was the board full of closet horsefuckers
I might have guessed. Shame it didn't work.

I know some teams co-opt (or try to co-opt) the General thread (like /u/) but a lot of boards don't have "General" threads and any general thread is likely to get btfo sharpish

>I actually agree with a cull, /t/ and /p/ have no place to be in for instance, but it's obvious it was done in a faulty manner with clear interests.
Reposting this for great justice.

Does /f/ has a legit fanbase that isn't memey offboarders?

Proof 2 was more than likely an unfortunate coincidence; in a perfect world, it'd be /w/ under surveillance with Veeky Forums going through instead.

But, shit turns out for the wrong.

Looking at this and /c/ and /h/ clearly don't belong in the red.

Explain this then

They actually do.

>people complain about Sou's incompetence
>"He's a good lad, you take this too seriously."
>tfw your butt buddy sabotages your team on accident through incompetence
Pottery

>Good
>GOOD
what theflying fuck

>/out/ and /wsg/ have zero primary support
>/out/ has more secondary support than /wsg/
>/out/ culled
>/wsg/ safe on notice
What did they mean by this?

hehehe~

>our smallest CB
>our
So he's admitting to still being involved in /w/.

shut the FUCK up
and YES, YES bully, FUCK you

/out/ didn't demonstrate any support from /out/.

/wsg/ are safe because they weren't in Autumn. They need to be able to demonstrate support in Spring.

Jack made /out/ threads this cup. They weren't deleted by mods. /out/ just didn't care.

He does the entirety of the tactics and the pastebin. Goat is a puppet, this is a well known fact