What do you think of third axle personal vehicles?

What do you think of third axle personal vehicles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AtrLJ5pKbPM
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too wacky for our judgmental society.
Not enough mad men in the world to make production economically sustainable.

Serves no purpose whatsoever and only makes the car less efficient

Unless that thing is really fucking heavy there's no point at all

Absolutely baller. More axles make everything cooler, apart from sports cars.

Too much work.

>6 wheels
>6 hubcaps
>6 tires
>6 mount/balances
>6 brakes
>6 shocks

you are like a wee bairn

I think they're sexy af

youtu.be/AtrLJ5pKbPM

I don't like it

G Class 6x6 circa 1939.

Fuck, I want a good FUCK-VAN

the ultimate evolution of landbarges that we could have had if not for the oil crisis and malaise

I knew that was a nazi car! Mercedes just oozed high-class evil back in the day. Gorgeous cars.

You see utes around here with them. Probably not worth it, just get an Isuzu NPR or something if you need to carry that much weight.

Unless it's a 6x6 like you posted... Although it's strange to base it on a fucking Ford/Mazda.
Have a look at what J-MACX is doing with the current J70 Landcruisers. Beats the fucking G-Class by a mile.

As long as it's four spinning, two steering, I'm fine with it.

Two axels in front with one in the back, like in your pic, piss the fuck outta me.

>What do you think of third axle personal vehicles?
In all seriousness:
Not a viable business venture. It adds serious extra costs for very little benefit.
In my fantasy land?
Awesome!
It would half the impact of surface roughness (although make it appear twice as often).
Also makes smaller wheels possible. either in diameter or in thickness. Could be beneficial for certain design limitations.
Pic related: a design i made for an electric wagon. Imagine all the space with no drivetrain. You could store a zeppelin in this car.

Concerning the frequency of impacts surface roughness has on a vehicle with four axes as you drew: Modern suspensions already change the damper's properties on the go. With four axles that could be used to the full extent with a modern air suspension. Consider driving over a small bump: The first axle doesn't have to carry all the weight and could be set to zero stiffness, making it roll over the bump without having an impact on the car. After having passed the bump with the first axle this repeats with the second axle while the first one goes back to normal operation. It would be expensive and everything but probably comfortable as fuck.

>Having to pay for SIX tires every change

Holy fuck, no thank you

Don't forget the turnpikes/toll roads that charge per axle.

Fucking New Jersey

Yes.

They can be fun.

nazis were aesthetic motherfuckers

>4x4 equipped
>six tires

Come on

Just drag that ass along.

HUGO BOSS
U
G
O