/vn/ - Cute Edition

Visual Novel General #1475

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

I have a high opinion of swords.

I choose this thread, shitposting is fun until someone bends the rules.

I like lolis, imoutos, cakes AND onee-sans!

I am not going to another damn Runa edition. If this thread sinks so be it.

In the meantime I will play Uta2 again but on hard mode this time.

What length do you prefer?
I like the standard 70 cm.

I will wait for the 18+ patch before reading Dies Irae.

Not long until Dies Irae is out.

I-I'm playing Uta 1 on hardmode!
W-we should l-like get together sometime.

How easy is normal? I remember the later stages of the game (especially last boss) being a fair challenge on normal.

How are you going to avoid spoilers for 3 months?

Don't bother. The first game isn't even fun on higher difficulties, it's just a chore. The designers ramped up difficulty in the most annoying ways possible.

While I totally agree that this cutiepie needs banging, you can just read h-scenes in japanese(or MTL), lol. Not that they are very hard to read or high on plot details.

I have a personal preference for rapiers, which are about 100 cm. No homo.

I'm just playing on hardmode 1 right now, and it's not too much of a challenge, you just have to entrap a single enemy while spamming heal on the person who takes the hits.

>mfw reading Umineko

Spoilers don't actually bother me.
Nah, I'll just wait. Not like reading visual novels is my only hobby.

Normal mode isn't that difficult until the post game where there are, I think, about three maps that are genuinely quite hard.
Dunno about hard 1. I know on hard 3 they pretty much exclusively target Hakuoro or Eruruw so you always have to go and hide in a corner. It's not fun, especially since you can't even heal Eruruw and she's super slow in both movement and turn order.

We could use more rapiers in action VNs, katanas are too prevalent.

how would you read the hscenes without also installing the jp version and fastforwarding to the right hscenes every time you hit them in the en version

seems rather tedious and not worth the trouble

Rapiers are inherently elegant and thus, are only used by refined gentlemen.

Or you could read the VN now and wait 3 months to jack off to some awkwardly placed H-scenes later (probably 10 minutes worth of it).

I'm actually really fucking hyped for Dies irae

Are the h-scenes in DI detached then? If they are then I might not wait for the 18+ version

I'm sure you could just download a completed save and just go use replay mode.

No

It's your choice but I'm warning you, it's probably not what you think you're signing up for.

But if you insist, enjoy your Tubal Cain h-scenes and Rusalka gangbanging a school.

now that you mention it, i could do that. i guess the problem would be finding the save then

Liu was quite the refined gentleman, I must admit.

Opposite actually, they are attaching the H-scenes from a previous version of the game to the latest one.

>Rusalka gangbanging a school
Sounds hot.

>loli gangbang
Sign me the fuck up

>this hobbo thinks he can outrange me with his rapier
>*opens a portal behind you and stab you through it.*
Hehe, nothing personnel, shounen.
Ren is Mercurius and Reinhard's love child!
Because they are more brittle I guess.
You can just dl a complete save and watch scenes from the extras menu,lel. You need to install a jp version though.
B-but you will forget all about them in 3 months. The tension, the compassion to characters, the empathy!
They're not. I'm actually curious how they handle cutting them cause one scene is like the beginning of relationship with Kei.She needs a mana transfer and shit.

>Rusalka gangbanging a school
WTF I am waiting for H-patch now!

>rusalka gangbanging a school
wtf im waiting for the 18+ patch now

autism

Liu is a huge cuck though. Can cucks be gentlemen?

You could read nip Amantes Amentes. I mean, cutting them out isn't a western thing to get the game on Steam, you know?
The DI release being translated didn't have them to begin with

Well, /vn/?

What's up with all the dies posting going on now? Is it releasing today?

I actually started reading with Amantes but after I came across the scene with Kasumi in the beginning, I thought - wtf is that censorship and started Acta est fabula.
Also, Kei is cute in her h-scenes. Why would I lose that?

Nah, he was just unfortunate enough to end up with a slut, guy had it rough.

31st, so not long left.

I will be able to read it some day....

They were originally part of the story, but removing them and writing around them has already been done in AmaAme. If you play it without the H-scenes you're just reading AmaAme as it was released, if you play the 18+ version you're getting them in the same way they were presented in AeF.

There's no issues of 'legitimacy', basically, both the 18+ and all-ages versions are effectively translations of full and complete retail versions of the game.

>I'm actually curious how they handle cutting them cause one scene is like the beginning of relationship with Kei.She needs a mana transfer and shit.
Maybe that "fade to black" off-screen sex or cropped cg with toned down moans?

My loli

So, it's like FSN Realta Nua, basically

A game is called "Please save my wife". What do you think? Of course he is the gentleman.
Still, it's nowhere near "Please kill my future wife" by the same company.
How did they workaround the Kei's first h-scene then?
Fate's Dragons?

>They were originally part of the story, but removing them and writing around them has already been done in AmaAme
How did they remove/write around them? Did they just imply things happend off screen/ do a fade to black kind of thing?

Oh, I guess we've escaped the moefags edition cycle. Good. Have some Beatrice.

Will you fight, user?

CG dragons

>But if you insist, enjoy your Tubal Cain h-scenes and Rusalka gangbanging a school.
I'm waiting for the 18+ because I want to see Rusalka gangbanging a school fool!

I'd join Mephistopheles' side in an instant tbqh.

After everyone has played and is tired of Dies Ire in a week, /vn/ will go back to being the moege general.

Why are you trying this hard to convince anons you don't know to read the VN immediately? Do you have some kind of stake in this?

Nah, Sorcery Jokers is almost done being translated and edited by MG, probably coming out with SukiSuki this summer

I absolutely loved that scene, I was getting goosebumps as I was reading it. No wonder Reinhard is called Mephistopheles, that scene felt like it was straight out of Dr. Faustus.

I get chuuni powers and I don't even have to suck a dick? Sign me the fuck up.

>Finishing it in a week.
Pfft, you are delusional.
>reading it with fellow anons.
>kind of stake
I guess...?

>Sorcery Jokers
Why would that get priority over ImoPara 2, Dal Segno and especially Princess Evangile W?

Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for SJ too but there's other things in line

You're trying too hard

>filtered Dies Irae
>half of the thread gone
Damn.

Who's leaving /vn/ when Dies Irae comes out?

Will you read Dies irae with me fellow user?

Dal Segno has just finished beta. So is likely to be out first.

wait, SukiSuki is not a moege?

Hey so for the three other guys who still care about Libra, the game is on Steam now so full game soon! Fingers crossed

Also there was some kind of issue with installing the 18+ patch but it's fixed

Don't worry, I'll make sure to make a kamunagara edition once in while just to annoy you.

They just don't happen. They usually take place directly after an emotional scene between Ren and the relevant heroine in question anyway, so the important story beat is still there even if you remove them. Though I guess it's left a bit ambiguous in some cases (Kei), and you can probably assume scenes like where Liza 'revives' Tubal Cain can be taken to have happened offscreen unmentioned.

>How did they workaround the Kei's first h-scene then?

I honestly don't remember, it's not particularly important, but I think they just had Ren tend to her wounds, there was no 'mana transfer' or anything.

It is

>music of the VN isn't half bad
>OST is impossible to find online
>no music player in extras
why is this even allowed

What does Reinhard mean by "ghetto"?

>mfw vn turned me from an angry person to a depressed person
i guess this is better?

Heroines can reject you, one of them(childhood friend) calls you disgusting after failed confesision in bad end.
Yes, it's moege.

>Imopara 2
nukige

>Dal Segno
lol, more like budget Da Capo 3 and we all know what happened to that release

>Evangelion
kusoge

>he isn't going to spend all his time reading it to get to the memes as fast as possible
If you haven't read it within a week you will miss out. Just like with Chrono Clock where threads were full of caps for a week then died quickly.

>Dal Segno
Budget Da Capo, nakige with shoeshorned short as fuck 1-2 H per heroine.

It is the nature of all fire to grow cold.

>Nah, Sorcery Jokers is almost done being translated and edited by MG
And? SukiSuki has been 100% done for like 6 months. Just because it hits 100% TL and editing doesn't mean it's coming soon.

Are you intentionally being retarded or did you just want to shitpost without any regard for the question?

> more like budget Da Capo 3 a

it looks WAY better

Serous question, are you gonna read the cut version of Dies Irae?

this some deep shit, nasu

No one cares about moege

So what's the reason for the dies irae patch taking 2 months to release

Yes, it's not like I would read a game where male characters are the stars instead of heroines for H-scenes.

? It's the truth, made by the same company and somehow manages to have lower scores, it's shit.

>you share a general with manchildren who will actually hold off on reading one of the greatest VNs ever, Dies Irae, for some shitty H scenes

>with shoeshorned short as fuck 1-2 H per heroine
Yet without them you will be dismissing it as
>allages

It's not cut since it has the expanded content of Amantes Amentes plus the uncensorship of Acta est Fabula. It's actually better than the original Japanese versions. Of course I'm reading it dude.

Nope

So you wanna read Dies?

So Dies Irae is a game I finished a few months back and it sits safely atop the throne as my favorite vn. There's very little information available on the English side of things about what the hell Dies actually is and why it's cool, so I thought I might write something to clarify a bit and hope that my love for the game emanates to you. There's a lot of talk that you may have heard about whether or not Dies qualifies as Chuuni so I'll just start from there. It's very much a battle opera. Yes, a... battle opera. A grandiose spectacle that one might, say present to their loved one to share a spectacular event, filled with emotion. But yes, there are many battles and their is grandiosity in the atmosphere. It is very fair to call Dies Chuuni but it certainly will open your mind as to what Chuuni can be.

One of the interesting things about Dies is it's meta features - a big aspect of which is the structure. It's effectively a kind of play within a VN and all of the characters almost seem in on it. For example, in the first scene of the actual game Ren and his long time best friend, Shirou, have a confrontation about what kind of characters they want to be in their own lives. Shirou (the absolute badass that he is) wants to be the main character; take control of life and grab it by the balls, experience everything he possibly can before the curtain closes. However, Ren is quite satisfied staying out of the spotlight. He seems only to want to maintain his status quo and by extension the moments he finds precious in his current everyday.

Yes. It's the same release the japs had. That and I'm too much of am impatient fuck to wait 3 months

>reading cut versions of anything
never ever, dovac

>How did they workaround the Kei's first h-scene then?
Another kind of mana transfer. Don't have an actual screencap of that fragment, and I'm too lazy to search for a save close enough to that point, but this cg basically shows everything.

>Reading an unfinished great vn