Advice for Shipping a Car Hood?

Going to fly 800 miles north to pick up my new Z (pic related). The current owner still has the stock hood. I am wondering if there is a way to safely transport a car hood on a 350z. Maybe using a back rack or securing it to the current hood with some padding in between?

Any suggestions? Seems like shipping it would be pretty expensive for a hood that is worth $350-$400.

Have him knock 300 off the price and let him keep the hood

>buying a z
>buying a shitty modded z
>flying 800 miles to pick up a car that isn't rare
kys

ratchet strap it to the roof with some foam or towels between them

Its an authentic rocketbunny with lots of mods that im getting for like 50% off. Will save 10k and 100 hours compared to building :)

>liking rocketbunny
underage b&

"stop liking things I don't like"

Let him buy what he likes.

He wont do it. Lives in remote area where people dont have this car. Thats y i am getting such a good deal :)

>that misalignment on the left
Such poor craftsmanship.

It's not just me. No one with good taste likes rocketbunny.

"other people dont like it too"

Project harder

I agree but it's a widebody that somebody else bit the bullet of having installed. I wouldn't complain if I were in OP's position.
Does it fit in the car at all?

buy a roof rack and tie it to that

Unfortunately not since there is a 6 point cage in the trunk :/

How much are you paying for the car then

Owner says 40k went into converting it from stock to its current form and that he bought the car for 11.5k 2 years ago. I am going to pay 16.5k for everything.

Mod list?
Should be a 11k car w/ the wbk and cage.
Better have the cd009 tranny.

From owner:

Rocket Bunny Full Body kits 4k USD
Works 3 pieces wheels 2k USD
HKS full-exhust 1.5k USD
De-Cat Testing Pipes 300 USD
D2 Air Suspension with dual compressor 2.5K USD
Carbon Fiber Hood and mirror covers and other carbon interior 1K USD
JDM Clear Tail Lights (rare) 400 USD
Black head lighjts 300 USD
Bucket Seats + Harness Bar + 6points Harness 1.5k USD
Sony Touch screen + Rear Camera + Stereo System 1K USD
Quick Release Steering wheels 500 USD

Total cost to build this with labor and paint was about 40k+ USD

Can't tell if baiting or are retarded enough to buy someone's project trash

not a bait. i would do most of those mods myself. car history is solid and his kit was installed very well. engine never touched.

>40K in mods
>Car is probably slower than it was stock.

I don't fucking understand stance fags

Bucket seats+harness bar+6 point harness

This car has never and will never see a track, or even a fucking autox. Why do stance fags do this shit?

at least it has air suspension, even if it doesn't perform as well it's usable as a daily and it gets them attention (which is what all stancefags are after)

It went from Mid Night and street racing, to stancefags unable to get over speed humps.

I honestly miss the early 2000's ricers. Yeah, the neon was gaudy, and the bodykits awful, but at least they pretended to care about performance...

>Going to fly 800 miles north to pick up my new Z
Be sure to add the new car to your auto insurance before you get it. Make sure you are covered.

I'd fly with a trusted friend AFTER making a reservation on a U-haul or other brand of rental truck. I'd transport the hood in that. My trusted friend would drive the U-haul while I drive the purchased car because that's how personal car insurance works. I've added the new car purchase to my insurance. His car insurance would cover the use of a rental car such as U-haul and that way we don't have unnecessary cost outlay.

>buying that
Kek

I'm guessing your underage because there is a kid with pretty much the exact setup except the car is white and 0 engine work, i dont get this fucking meme. id sooner own a rusted shitbox with a built engine then a stock engine rice bowl

No meme to it. Car looks good = makes the owner happy. I can always put money into performance after my desired look is finalized.

But you don't own either
I see
Just checking, bus boy ;3

Fold it in half, then put it in the trunk.

As long as they dont endanger my mother with late night hooning I dont have a problem