/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/869258891841871876
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Threadly reminder that if you disabled your 3DS WiFi you only look more suspicious and you're now MORE likely to get banned.

>cakes

First for unbanned.
Feels fucking good.

Reminder postponing the acquirement of a flashcard to see how nds-bootstrap would progress was and still is a worthwile investment if you aren't in a hurry about playing DS games.

You look more suspicious by not going online at all? To Nintendo, it just looks like you're not even turning your console on.

go to bed ahezard

Do not fall for the unbanned meme. There are no reliable reports of new bans nor unbans.

Playing a .cia of a cart only game is what causes the ban. So buy the damn game instead, you shits.

A 10 bucks investment, woo...

Full of shit.

> not having a flashcard from the DS era

how young are you ?

you mean user isn't a reliable source? if i can't trust user, who CAN i trust???

>running TGB instead of CFW

>tfw wasn't planing on getting a flashcard
>try out nds-bootstrap
>it's shit
>dissapointed I couldn't play the nds games in a handheld
>now I want to get a flashcard

>2017
>playing games

KNEDA

Me. Have you ever heard of a game called Fallout 4? You should leave your 3DS and go play that instead.

I don't know. This guy seems legit.

>nds-bootstrap was actually a marketing tactic to sell flashcards
shoot!

>LibRetro

TTSUO

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

>check 3DS
>STILL not banned

>Full of shit.
Prove me otherwise!

Unban proof.

It was just a dev meme all along.

>Not just pulling out your SNES/Sega Saturn and playing games legally.

Next you're going to tell me you actually use [REDACTED]shop.

You're the one claiming it's the reason, so you're the one who needs to prove it.

Go to sleep, Australia.

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/869258891841871876

really makes ya think

one of my games on the usb dingle disappeared from the dashboard
i got it legit off the eshop
wat do?

wdhmbt

You prove to me it isn't and then I'll prove it is.

Maybe when Retroarch gets actual proper support and not the garbage releases we've seen for the past 2 years, then it'll be worth checking out.

>hurr why is a female being submissive and fulfilling her biological purpose of being a semen receptacle, sexually attractive but not vice-versa?
Literally must be a cuck and/or a faggot.

because one is a simple watery solution, the other is a bloody mess of goop and uterine wall

Daily reminder that
>11.2 FW
>Luma 7.0.4 and below
>al9h
>Spotpass disabled

Is the GOLD standard for the N3DS.

Majority of people who still aren't banned have at least 3/4 above checked off.

[citation needed]

What's the best DS flashcart I can buy that'll work on an N3DS? I just want to load ROMs on an SD card and be able to play/save them normally.

UNBANNED PROOF

>wanting to eat unfertilized human beings
nigga I don't even eat chicken eggs

agreed
am on the same and been pplaying online with no issues

In all seriousness, has a permaban ever been issued out by Nintendo? Don't they usually only last 15 days- a month?

kek

Sun / Moon.

More irrefutable factual truthfully proof that the unbanning happening is real!!
We won guys!! Nintendo caved in to our mighty power!!

oh jeez what u did

what the fuck hitler

what are some nice games for local play (both vita and 3DS) that don't make you want to murder your partner like mk7

>Heute, 7:22PM
What.
Germany doesn't have 12-h clocks. Why the fuck does it say 7PM instead of 19?

I've seen this pasta far too many times but
>not using virtuaNES/SNES9x

System Settings > Internet Settings > SpotPass > Sending of System Information

Why is this a thing?

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

Can PCSX ReARMed run 2D games at fullspeed?

just use adrenaline senpai

No.
Also playing Crash Team Racing on it will brick your Vita.

I'm talking about the 3DS

lolwut?

buy vita

So I didnt backed up my friend code seed

But I have this old back up on my pc that have everyitning that I had in my SD card like 3 monds ago

am i fuged?

lol no

you're late

FriendCodeSeed was on your CTRNand so unless you have a NAND backup, you're fucked.

post mii

I want to play Rocket Slime 3, but have no idea how to convert the 3ds room file into something my modded 3ds can read, any if you kind sir help this poor retard?

What the fuck is this retard on about? Eating cum is for boys, females better get back to the kitchen and do some girly shit or whatever

ye

i lost the original seed but i do have a nand backup, how do i get it from there?

Why should you back-up your original seed? It's useless once you're banned, right?

I think you do one the first time you hack the 3DS right?

how is it called?

and in the case there is no NAND back up what is the worst case scenario?

Maybe it's a temporary ban.

It's probably a 900-1200GB file called NAND.bin or something like that. In the worst case scenario you lost it.

ALIGHT so heres the deal, im on 11.0 something something, i think i got reinand cfw tho idk why i have a cakes folder in my SD, i remember doing this when the first SAFE a9lh release was out and the guide for it all was still on github. i LOST forver my backup of my sysnand OFW and pic related are my folders. how in the fuck do i upgrade.

if anyone is willing to help i'd let you suck my cock for free nohomo no but seriously. please help im lost

So what's the easiest way to get a personal new friendcode seed? I don't want to scam some fucking gameshop so can I buy some old-ass 3DS? Just borrow one from someone that doesn't use his anymore? I heard you can generate new seeds if you do systems transfers, what's up with that?

Does cakes still work on a9lh?

i have a file called NANDmin.bin
and is 1.2 BG

It keeps doing it even if you turn it off

>I heard you can generate new seeds if you do systems transfers, what's up with that?
pls be true

That one. I guess you can setup a emunand and get the seed out it or just flash with decrypt9 and keep a9lh

Not sure exactly, but you could backup your current NAND, restore your old one, get your local friendcodeseed from there, then restore your newer NAND.

>pls be true
It is not

>are you banned?
>how old are you?
>what's your sexuality?
>whats you're gender?
>what are your preferred pronouns?
>do you think mrrrazzozo is a consensual relationship?
>which scene dev would u fug
>have u ever wore a fur suit
>r u smingle master
>when does the narwhal bacon

So still no definitive reason for the bans beyond the obvious? Is there any evidence of more bans of people who were unbanned as of the 25th/26th?

can I do all the procces of extraction on a PC?

reddit go away

No wonder Nintendo isn't bankrupt.
They're bankrolled by the NSA.

yes
hetero
male
he/him
no
aurora
yes
no
wut?

>are you banned?
no
>how old are you?
twenty something
>what's your sexuality/gender?
male
>what are your preferred pronouns?
dat boi
>do you think mrrrazzozo is a consensual relationship?
no, maybe, idk
>which scene dev would u fug
none
>have u ever wore a fur suit
n
>r u smingle master
wut
>when does the narwhal bacon
right now

Is there any good reason to update to b9s from al9h? What are the advantages?

>sexuality/gender
sexuality means stright/gay/bi

None so far, besides extended support since they're dropping it for the a9lh version of Luma. Pulling an Apple, if you will.

I don't know. Maybe not because the proprietary filesystem and some crypto

Nah, nothing official, but word is this whole ban wave is a big hoax, GBATemp is laughing at you on their Discord

male

>i have no clue what the fuck I'm talking about
You don't say

Why don't you explain it if you're oh so smart, wise cunt?

I'm sorry Plailect, but he's right.

I love how plaicuck is in the luma3ds issues going on about how anyone can fork it when he knows for a fact that nobody will use any luma fork unless it's in his cuck guide

dumping shit is not useful for the end user, plailect.

gender means male/female