The first chapter of Shigeno's (creator of Initial D) new car manga, MF Ghost, released today. And it's dialogue heavy!

The first chapter of Shigeno's (creator of Initial D) new car manga, MF Ghost, released today. And it's dialogue heavy!

Turns out the main character doesn't drive the teased R35 Nismo after all (we see another guy driving it in pic related), and later we see him looking at what he WILL be driving, and the general consensus is that it's a GT86.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuichi_Shigeno
mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=102
bato.to
youtube.com/watch?v=8VGBsq1HcLU&t=74s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And here is the silhouetted hero car.

definitely looks like an 86

And here is the tease for the next chapter, which I'm sure will please some anons that wanted more western cars in this series.

is there anyone picking up translation?

No word of it yet. I doubt we'll see one soon, considering the shit state that the Initial D manga translation was left in. It's weird but it seems like very few westerners actually care about Shigeno's manga.

Ahahahaa yeah good luck. We're screwed.

ok I have never followed a manga before but may consider following this one cos it's new.

where abouts do I read it and how long does it generally takes to read a chapter

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

maybe shingo will make a reappearance as an fk8 driver

This series is 40 pages long (or at least this first chapter is). Jap scans of Weekly Young Magazine are usually uploaded Soon™ after the physical release. There's no English translation unless someone is secretly picking it up.

When will the anigay be released???

It won't have Eurobeat, you know. Not unless Avex fund the anime.

Initial D is a classic though, you'd figure at least one of the big sub groups would pick it up

How in the world did he manage to get worse at drawing?

i be some faggots will replace the gay musik with eurobeats

>doing manga for decades
>neither writing quality nor art improves an inch
is shigeno the quintessential hack?

He got much better. Look at the 1st stage, then look at that.

Then again, that is a very shitty picture, as if someone just used their smartphone camera.

So what car do i buy now and resell it to weebs for 4x the msrp?

Trust me, he got better.

GT86.

>He got much better. Look at the 1st stage, then look at that.
You're joking, right? Shigeno's art now is complete fucking trash, everyone is an alien and completely covered in nondescript detail, not to mention all outlines are sketchy rough crap because he can't fucking draw solid outliens now apparently.

probably an unmolested 2013 fr-s for 13k
doubt they'll cross beneath the 10k threshold and they were bound to become the new s-chassis anyways

kek, that looks like it was made by that weeb girl in highschool who kept drawing shitty OC

Exactly this. The new shit is rough, very rough.

GT86?

Which is silly because they are in general trash.

How the fuck did they do that? Run it on 3 cylinders?

Nope, If you checked the official forums there were reports of BRZ/FRS as low as 130hp coming straight out of the factory.

>yfw they do
>yfw the first moment the GT-R gets going fast Back on the Rocks plays

Gezus, does he own one or is Toyota writing checks out to him?

it's built around the same principle as the original Sprinter Trueno
it makes for a great underdog car

>built around same principles
No its not. The original was built as a cheap shit box that picked up popularity.

The new one is over priced, under powered, pig fat car with "sporty" appearances

He just knows that Toyota will give him a free 86 if he shills it (he might have already got one for the shameful 86 shilling at the end of Initial D actually)

There is no way in hell that is right, even accounting for drivetrain losses that's under 150hp.
Doesn't the gt86 cost approximately the same as an ae86 inflation adjusted, and it's just a nicer body on a RWD WRX platform?

Why not just buy a used WRX though?

In 1986 the GT-S was worth 9,428 MSRP or $21,055 today.

You have to take into account several things. 1. It was light weight, 2000-2400lbs. The FRS/BRZ weights 2,758 to 2,806 lbs. 2. The HP differences which back then most cars were "powerful" with 250hp. Now we have inline 4 FWDs coming out of the factory with more power and the FRS/BRZ has less than those.

Also, a 2017 base model FRS is $26,255

So what is this mango about? Are we still drifting on mountain passes or are we doing some actual motorsports now?

>drifting mountain passes
Since they all have speed bumps in the corners. Not likely.

>almost perfectly capturing an oblique reflection off a car in shadow so well it's immediately obvious what the car is

>shading on the humans is literally scribbles

fuck you all Shigeno is the best

I could have sworn a gts was more expensive. Huh.

guarantee that's because the car is heavily referenced from a photo and the characters are done freehand

Sketchy outlines are usually synonymous with new drawers because they can't outline correctly so they use the sketchy look to make it look "like" something as opposed to clearly defined lines.

Also, all of his people in the new mango look like they belong on the deviant art of the girl in highschool with colored hair you dated for a week because you were desperate and you complimented her deviant art because you just wanted to fuck but you soon realize it doesn't matter because she gives sub-par head I mean how fucking hard is it to just lick a cock it's not that fucking hard yet I still couldn't cum because like her art something so simple like an outline of a hand was difficult for her but you don't wanna break up with her because you don't wanna hurt her feelings so you put it off for a week until before graduation to soften the blow but then you realize you're both going to the same college and you're fucked because she told her parents about you and you have no idea what to do because if you just stop responding to her snaps she'll probably get really emotional and start hurting herself for attention and now you're trapped because you just wanted to get your dick wet with a girl that likes anime but then she liked anime too much and now she drags you cons and wants to cosplay but at least when she's bent over in a school girl outfit you can't tell you're fucking her so you're ok with it until you just get sick of everything because she's a fucking idiot all you want to do is work on your car and go to bed but no the alternator can wait until tommorow because she wants to go get in and out but you don't have gas and you really wanna work on your project car but she's not going to have it and she pulls the what's most important in your life shtick and you already know the answer but you still wanna get your dick wet so you say her obviously and now you honestly have no idea what to do anymore in your miserable life.

A-user are you allright?

I thought he might own one after that bs at the end of final stage, either that or he's been getting some money from Toyota's marketing department. They went a bit overboard with the initial D stuff when they advertised the GT86 in japan

and that is way Anime is cancer

very in depth fantasy you have user, just tell her "dont stand so close to me"

2bh I always viewed the mediocre person drawings as the people being less important than the cars and techniques they use in those cars. If the people are forgettable, the cars are more memorable by comparison.

there is a lot that adds to the cost of the price of a new car, mainly safety regs and government compliance. On top of that there is much more to be expected of standard equipment and extras. So plenty of extra material and electronics is required.

Even from a performance standpoint it has a lot more, its a bespoke chassis that was codeveloped, and so was the engine. It uses a INDEPENDENT rear suspension, which aren't exactly cheap.On top of RWD generally costing more to make than fwd.

The car comes standard with a limited slip diff. In terms of handling it offers a whole lot more than the old corolla ever did. And thats the nature of the business now if they want to make a profit. By modern standards 2800lb is still a light car.

Honestly, I think its just assistants the guys whom actually have to clean and shade his stuff. You get what you pay for and for the most part their pay has been going down for years on an industry-wide scale.

>deja vu, gas gas gas, and save me gets used constantly

oh boy

>"10 seconds until the start"
>"9"
>"8"
>Car 9 driver: Shun Aiba 24 y.o. (tl note: surname is aiba)
>"That girl just joined the MFG Angels this year"
>"Damn, she's totally my type"

Not related to the story or even the main character's thoughts, but here you go. The red vertical text basically says "Once more, let's determine who's the fastest"

>mfw gt86 is worth as much as a new supra

it's his "style"

can you explain the blue skidmarks in the op girl's pants?
asking for a friend

Its "fading"
Look at the wings and her collar, it also has the blue
Her orange clothes also has red streaks in it. Its meant to convey a fade in the color

wow it's been twenty years and the art is still shit

>does he own one
The wikipedia article on him lists what cars he owns.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuichi_Shigeno

>is there anyone picking up translation?
Look at the site for Manga Updates.

mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=102

>How in the world did he manage to get worse at drawing?
Bitter english-speaking manga fans also attack Hayao Miyazaki and Eiichiro Oda (one piece) for their simplistic drawing styles. Despite that, those authors remain popular. Then again, there are plenty of people who also desperately and angrily hate Fast & The Furious, Star Wars, and anything else that is popular.

He owns an 86 and a Gc8. Good taste.

Well new cars in general are getting more expensive than old cars not solely due to inflation, but due to other included features. The base GT86 comes with stuff like alloy wheels, ABS, and air conditioning, stuff for the most part were absent on the GTS (the top of the line corolla trim)
However the GT86 RC costs roughly 22-24k new which is more in line with the adjusted for inflation cost of a GTS. You lose alloy rims, AC, etc.

>it's not because his art is shit but because we're being contrived

It's pretty fucking bad. Be honest.

>one piece
Casual garbage. And Miyazaki doesnt' do his own art anymore. So I'm guess you are t.casual

>Set in near-future, when autonomous cars have gone into general use and petrol-fueled vehicles are being phased out

Better than the average Veeky Forums poster could do, lets be honest.

Veeky Forums are shitposters while Shigeno is an artist, that's a huge difference.

True. I rather like his style though.

>is there anyone picking up translation?
It should appear on the translated manga site:
bato.to

>lightweight
>as affordable as a mid trim compact car in many cases
>extremely lightweight compared to modern cars aside from the miata
>by all accounts it is an economy car, because of the ride height and chassis they don't need to invest much in suspension, and due to the small wheels, low weight, and conservative power they don't need epic brakes etc
>cheap to maintain and reliable unlike many performance oriented cars because of the above

Stay mad.

Mad about what? That you literally agreed with me that the FRS is not built on the same principles as the GT-S.

>The original was built as a cheap shit box
>The new one is over priced
which adjusted for inflation is in the same price range as the FRS/BRZ

>under powered
and still more power than the ae86

>pig fat
2700lbs is far from pig fat

>with adjustments for inflication
No, another user alreayd posted that. with inflation the GT-S was 21k, a base model FRS is 26k.

Compared to 2000-2400 it is.

Stop bench racing it's pathetic.

>with inflation the base model corolla was 21k
fixed

pic related is up to $23,400 which really isn't that far from the new 86 and is right in the same price range

That isn't MSRP, that is marked up. And also not a base.

If you want to play this game I'll start pulling the 30k+ FRS on at dealers faggot.

yeah you're right, go ahead and enjoy the corolla dx with its open diff, rear drums and less than 90hp while the new 86 come with 200hp and an lsd standard

>still doing it backwards
The fully loaded GT-S cost 9.5k(21k) from the dealer. Meanwhile a base model FRS with as low as 130hp is 26k.

Also who buys RWD with less than 300hp toady?

>no scanlations yet
What
Do
I
Pay
For

The raws just came out a day ago, give it some time

Goddamn it..REALLY shigeno??
They look like Dagumi and Itsuki with different fucking haircuts..

Why couldn't he have made a MC that's a bit more different between fucking Initial-D??

Could've been more muscular/ thick stubble/ beard/ a hairstyle not so similar to to Dagumi or Itsuki/ tattoos?

1st thought when I saw the pic was "when the fuck are Dagumi and Itsuki in this manga??"

Has the creator of Wangan Midnight made anything new??
Tired of Shigenos bullshit writing and character creation

>you're not allowed to be a critic unless you're literally the field's greatest artist you big meanie!

PLEASE kill yourself

I'm an artist and I think everything but the cars are deviantart tier.

Shigeno has chronic sameface syndrome, where everybody looks like takumi with different hair.
It's like Takeuchi's saberfaces

>Idk why but this made me chuckle lol

Probably because of the way you sortve just slipped in this long ass Tim n Eric style rant of your life where you're semi serious but just comes across as funny

Also here's a fucking character I made at fucking mcdicks that's drawn better than Shigenos bullshit, and this was the 1st time drawing "manga" style in over a decade..

>GT86
oh boy, i can't w8 for a price rise

Gonna go to mcdicks and work on some more cars/characters for my colorado street racing mangu

I can't wait for another Iketani/mako situation

I can't wait for more boi racers on Veeky Forums get upset when they realize their car is slower ON A TRACK than a v6 mustang

You can also reserve a room at the public library for a number of hours. My public library branches all have private study rooms available for up to 4 hours. So you can reserve one of those for two hours or so. The advantage of the library is that other reference materials, tables, internet are available and it should be a quiet room. The only problem is that it is a reservation so you have to appear at a certain time like no later than 15 minutes after the start time or else they cancel the reservation.

seriously, that type of character development is such a tease and a cop out

>you will never be a japanese street racer in the 90s

At least I can squid around with my dudes on bikes. It's close enough I guess..

The new golden age of very slow meme cars, the GT-86 that will win against R35, also ryo takahashi confirmed

Fucking japs need to stop letting their government cuck them

>golden age
>86 beating a GTR
sounds famaliar
youtube.com/watch?v=8VGBsq1HcLU&t=74s

I live in a small town so the library is closed right now at 11pm
God even this shitty mcdicks closes the dining area by 11pm but depending on who's working you can stay there till like 1am without anyone caring, lately they've been kicking everyone out around 11:10pm fucking sucks dick
>I miss my old city..

Guess it's probably gonna be drawing in my room listening to Gran Autismo lounge music and posting here..

And he did it thrice. Why Tacomee ended up with Mika? What happened to Natsuki after she went to Tokyo

I see you also have trash taste in women

>Ex cheats on me with two dudes then stalks me

no GTR without organ music

>What happened to Natsuki after she went to Tokyo
yakuza sex slave

Do you think he would stand a chance? Its a circuit now