ROTARY!!11!!

wheelsmag.com.au/news/1709/mazda-rotary-its-officially-happening!

Other urls found in this thread:

autoevolution.com/news/best-confirmation-yet-mazda-rotary-engine-is-happening-for-rx-9-sports-car-120175.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f-HfVhTh6jE
youtube.com/watch?v=GR2lvUnr3yg
youtube.com/watch?v=AXJALqFBz3k
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZJRuSo0r6w
youtube.com/watch?v=sjYDo5Bj3AY
youtube.com/watch?v=q3A3c68gAlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh man another engine thats gonna shit the bed more than a Chrysler recall

I want to drop it in a Prius.

>mfw

Do it.

can we officially say 2nd jap golden age?

the s2k is supposed to be coming back soon, the 390z may be announced at the tokyo auto show, supra is definitely confirmed, turbocharged RX car confirmed, MR2 successor probable by 2020, the ND is god tier, NSX price drops likely due to poor sales, etc.

rotary tech would be quite good if more companies had R&D for it, but still unless they fix apex seals/drinking oil I"ll never buy one

Maybe you would understand if you owned a rotary car.

Rotary engines consume oil as part of their combustion cycle. There isn't any way around it, unless we go back to leaded gas (not even sure if this would work with any current technology).

The oil burning meme is blown way out of proportion. It is nothing like it's made out to be.

HL3 confrimed!!!!!!11!1

Would you a diesel rotary?

i dont really care for rotary. I just want a car as beautiful aesthetically as the Rx7. Corvette C5 does not even come close (looks retarded with the pop-ups actually up)

>dead link
I should have known better

You got me

Oh shit:
autoevolution.com/news/best-confirmation-yet-mazda-rotary-engine-is-happening-for-rx-9-sports-car-120175.html

I WANT TO BELIEVE

NSX-R is coming too

also toyobaru

so then the
>it's only going to be a generator for an electric motor
was bs?

@17821660
>Page Not Found

>Just like the ride below, we couldn't get you to your destination.

>It looks like the page you're after has been moved or no longer exists. Try the navigation menu above or return to our home page.

fakenews

naw, they'll probably still implement it, too

youtube.com/watch?v=f-HfVhTh6jE
youtube.com/watch?v=GR2lvUnr3yg
youtube.com/watch?v=AXJALqFBz3k
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZJRuSo0r6w

I saw it just fine, also the other link another user posted is the same article anyways.

That said it basically says fucking nothing.

a turbocharged rotary hybrid would be awesome

torque fill from electric motors for lower rpm, boost for high

but i'm worried about the weight, if it's anywhere near affordable I hope this doesn't become a 3600lb pig

rotaries look so neat i want to meme them to be successful

meme magic is real

Are you too retard to figure out how to reply to a specific post?

#17-8.2.1983
why yes, I am

With Mazda pioneering a way to ignite fuel without spark, maybe they're going to apply it to the rotary, an engine that was infamous for not burning the fuel like it's supposed to.

He's probably one of those faggots who isn't giving a (You) to him because that'll show him!

+17822014
why yes, i am

>390z
>not a 400zx

Summer cant end soon enough.

this really could become something if they somehow get the tech from the new diesel/petrol engine they have developed...

Maybe he does understand that it's part of the combustion cycle, he just doesn't care and would rather have a normal engine with no rotary weirdness.

>fix apex seals
i heard mazda is also working on a slew of newer and kind of expensive sensors to put into their vehicles (and possibly their rotary)

one of them being an advanced (and possibly actually working) anti-knock sensor
this might just alleviate blown seals altogether, but we'll have to wait and see™

It's officially happening again? How many times has this been now?

OFFICIAL REMINDER

that sounds oddly familiar with electric cars and 2030..

>tfw no 9th dorito ever coming

Goddamn that looks nice.

>we will never get a modern Mazda this sexy
DELETE THIS NOW

To be fair, the rotary was objectively superior to low-compression malaise era engines, but only during that timeframe. They were faster, made more power, got better fuel mileage, and lasted longer than domestics. The only problem was that there were also foreign cars on the market, which were better than both in all categories.

Are those "mirrors" supposes to be cameras? How does that even work?

>supra
which is just a BMW

>he took the bait
lmfao

>camera points backwards
>screen in the corner of the window

nice meme, but would never get approved

might be able to if they got the epa to fight the nhtsa

>might be able to if they got the epa to fight the nhtsa

and why would two completely different agencies "fight" one another??

>390Z

Implying they won't use the VR30DDTT engine

underrated post

go read about the supra now you faggot

its been essentially confirmed that Toyota will be using their own engine

they will probably only share the same chassis at most

First of all the only cars I have ever owned have been rotaries. I love them but Mazda has been down this road many times before. I am not seeing ANY confirmation of a rotary in production.
> One opened his interview session by saying “no questions on rotary” and the engine was omitted from Mazda’s ‘Zoom-Zoom 2030’ roadmap.
>“We cannot improve the rotary engine to the current conventional engine emissions,” admitted Hitomi
This is not the age for a car that does poor with emissions. And sure, last year Mazda got a team of around 100 engineers to work on the design of the new rotary, but Mazda is a very small company and the longer they take the more it's going to cost them.

This article sounds like cherry picking for wishful thinking. Like many, I want Mazda to prove me wrong but I don't see the Rotary coming back.

can't wait for another batch of shitboxes that need two engine rebuilds before you even need to replace the clutch

kek

Rotor rotor, get a different motor!

>motor

Shutup calvin

muh apex seals

I was waiting for someone who would be a little butthurt twat, just so I could say this: fuck you, dumbass c:

oh yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=sjYDo5Bj3AY
meanwhile in rotaryland

If Mazda can pull off it's alternative ignition system and maximize fuel efficiency then I'd be willing to wager that it could come back to live another day.
What kills these engines in emissions is mostly due to the spark plugs being unable to fully ignite all fuel within the elongated combustion chamber.

>new rotary engine
>now with LASERS AND PLASMA

we gon need moRE SPARK PLUGS THEN! SPARK PLUG EVERYTHING! CASE ON POSITIVE POTENTIAL, ROTOR ON NEGATIVE POTENTIAL!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>2020

I'll probably be dead on a touge accident by then.

Or you could save up some money and actually drive one of these cars.

toyota BTFO

We are truly living in the best timeline

>laser plugs instead of spark plugs
what a time to be alive

SEALS SEALS SEALS

IM GONNA REEEEE-PLACE THE SEALS

TONIGHT

>born just in time to witness the second jap golden age

I want to believe.
But if I do, it will most likely lead to disappointment.

cool beans Mazda wasting money on an engine thats just going to be LT swapped

>it's 3PM
like clockwork

not being retarded and buying a rotary engine car are mutually exclusive

doing that would heavily reduce compression within the housing.

> During Wheels’ interview, he confirmed that range extender tech is being applied to a sports car engine.
>“We cannot improve the rotary engine to the current conventional engine emissions,” admitted Hitomi
>budgetary issues are something that Mazda has to overcome with the rotary project, some major shareholders still remain unconvinced by the potential return on investment. “In the past, Mazda’s profits were up, down, up, down,” admitted Kudo

lel

And retards defend this piece of shit even today

>defending cuck emission standards

>its been essentially confirmed that Toyota will be using their own engine
Source? I've read rumours from anything that it's a twin turbo V6 to a "F" series Lexus 5.0 V8 (the later would make sense).

This, GM's rotary project for the Vega/Monza/Vette was BTFO'ing all of their V-8's of the early onset smog shit, the Gas crunch killed it though, plus they were trying to engineer out all of the kinks so it was costing a fortune.

It looks like a z4 melted.

mini-rotaries are cute! CUTE!

it's like a dodge viper got fat and lost all of it's defining characteristics

Gm fags swapping out a le.mans winning engine with their lt4 trash that explodes 6 miles from the dealership and can't run hard for longer than three minutes
I hope someone does it just so I can shit post gm fangirls into submission

>rotaryfags making fun of engines blowing up

And all are automatic.

No.
>Supra is hybrid/heavy/autotragic
>Rx is hybrid/heavy
>Nsx is hybrid/heavy
>Z car is heavy as shit on its own

Ill believe the mr2 and s2k when i see it. The 86 and miata is the only thing Japan has going for it.

>Affordable sportscars coming out of japan again
>Motorcycle speed wars 2.0 underway
>American cars can actually turn and cost less than what your mom financed just to go to work and back
>Electric motors present incredible opportunities for motorsport where you only need enough range to finish the race, and tracks being closed because big racing events produce ten times as much noise and fumes as casual track days could become a thing of the past

However Honda, the unofficial king of the first golden age of nippon.

>F1 shitshow
>TT shitshow
>Uninspiring Type-R
>Boring, bland bikes which can't compete with it's competitors.

F

Sequential dogbox > Modern autos > DCTs > Modern 6 speed H pattern > Clunky, slow shifting outdated econo-slushbox > Four on the floor > three on the tree > CVT

>Actually dared to try new things, had some hiccups
>It's a civic it's not meant to be inspiring, it's meant to be somewhat fast garbage for people who can't drive but want to pretend they can. FWD fanboys pls go
>fireblade still holding lap records because weight, handling, and midrange win races

>Fireblade
>Tried to kill Guy Martin
>Permanently fucked up McGuinness

rotary engines require non-retards to survive

finicky about how they're run, finicky about what you run them on. drive it wrong and it dies like a brand new motor being revved to death under zero load before seeing a single oil change.

The actual fireblade you can buy at a dealership is still pretty trick though.

Granted, it's absolute garbage as a motorcycle you actually ride outside of the track, as it is with machines that use the driver as a living ballast, have less than half the grip of a car WITHOUT aero, and spin tiny engines at light speed to make as much power as economy car blocks and use low weight to turn out results. Comfort/convenience and absolute speed are mutually exclusive.

In all honesty though Honda needs to drop the fireblade and move to a v4 platform like the GP bike.

How fucking stupid is mazda? Rotary fanbois are the equivalent boomers still building flathead engines for power. Rotaries belong in strict performance applications only. They have no business being in a production car meant for any amount of practucaliry or reliability. They are literally the worst engine for either of those. They can be built to be wicked fast, and thats where they should stay. Keep them off the production line. Fucking rotary fuckbois.

But the A90(?) Supra has been essentially confirmed to have a manual and somewhere north of 400 hp.

youtube.com/watch?v=q3A3c68gAlM

CUTE!