/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

First for your waifu a shit

>perfection is not attainabl-

Magical Rod Technology could make life easier for so many people. For example an Ice Rod would mean the Gerudo wouldn't need to harvest ice form the Highlands or use an icehouse. That means Noble Pursuits on demand and they can have more fresh food in the city. The Sand Rod would allow them to shape the desert to their will

The Lightning Rod seems like something the Sheikah could rework into cheap and easy electrical power for Hyrule

Seems a waste to just have these things as weapons

So playing through Minish Cap and getting the Grip Ring made me think of something. Why couldn't there have been some unique item like that in BotW hidden somewhere that could help you climb in the rain whatever gear you were using. Like letting you climb for 3/4 times as long before slipping, and that you wouldn't slip as far.

Or they could have just has something similar as part of the climbing gear.

Because making things so absurdly easy would destroy the game.

Probably in the DLC I expect the Korok mask may have been planned but it's abilities were probably a response to feedback

>the castle dining room is full of food
that's obviously not 100 year old food, those moriblins are actually bringing it in. they're smart enough to know where the dining room is and they actually care about which room to use.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

I want for you to never get to do so.
Only one of us will get what we want.

A 100 years ago she was used harder than she'd ever been used before and took a 100 years to regain her strength but she no longer has the stamina she used to

>even after all this time Fi's still got your back

She responds to singing user. If you want her to be strong, then you must awaken the sages to sing and play for her. Only then can she dance.

i really do wanna see more magic in zelder. apparently this civilization had crazy magic technology but it wasnt THAT magical

Rode hard and put away wet

She's told you what she needs. You need only to listen.

I'd have liked to see good versions of Koume and Kotake. I find it hard to believe the only magic among the Gerudo is Dark Magic. The Thunder Helm and the gems show that they have some magic. I strongly suspect Urbosa was a witch

I like to assume they were mischievous but well intentioned children.

We saw good versions of them in Majora's Mask, they ran a swamp tour business

who's they? Koume and Kotake? They're over 400 more than old enough to know exactly what they're doing

Alternate realities don't count plus i want to see young new witches not the same old witches. Give me a Sand and a Wind Witch who can create and calm sandstorms when working together

It's already absurdly easy a bit later on in the game. This game is only a challenge at the start or unless you intentionally deprive yourself of buffs. Not asking for OP equipment, just one thing that makes it a bit easier to climb in rain, not remove slipping entirely.

Anyone reckon we'll get the DLC during E3?

Who ever said they aren't?

This is my cute wife, Mipha. Say something nice to her!

Link, please, we've met her. We already know she's the best.

You're dead gorgeous.

My question was to whom the word "they" is referring to

So I want to play something similar to zeldas. I played most of them several times already. If I can't find anything it's probably time for majora's mask again.

And I mean either 3D or 2D really, I like most of them.

I tried Alundra, but it's just not my cup of tea. Seems somewhat slow, has fairly shitty hitboxes, I guess the puzzles make it decent but I'm looking for something more mechanically entertaining.

Obvious that is was. Nobody said they were not adults in their game or that they didn't know what they were doing.

I think I see what happened here
the key word is 'were'
user is saying that he imagines that 392 years ago, koume and kotake were adorable mischievous little kids.
other user say "they were kids" and said "nuh uh they were 400" taking the general past-tense nature of a game made in the past or of fiction in general

astoundingly, there are not many puzzle-solving 3d action hack n slash platformers. zelda is more or less it, which is weird
there's mediEvil if you like that kind of thing, there's the metroid prime trilogy which is very much 'what if link had a gun' in terms of its gameplay, and...
>3D or 2D really
then you'd enjoy the shantae games.

I see that's cleared things up for me. Still want to see some witches and wizards in Hyrule who aren't evil and aren't merely potion makers and sellers

Almost every game except for BotW.

I do enjoy shantae, but it hasn't been more than 3 months since I finished pirate's curse.

Which was pretty fucking cool.

I really like metroid games as well, but yeah. I'm going for something more top down zelda or 3D zelda. They're quite rare to come across, but that's the average Nintendo thing. For instance, most "metroidvanias" are more similar to modern castlevanias than they are to metroid actually. It's much harder to find a game that is just -like- metroid and doesn't have RPG mechanics everywhere.

Another bunch of unusual games, Tomba. How the fuck did no one make something similar to Tomba.

Guess I'll just start MM again

>no fish waif to heal you when you get shanked

Why even live desu

They deserve a prequel game. Put them on a boat in the ocean.

did you get the new one? i'm still waiting for the DLC...

but yeah it's weird there arent more zelda ripoffs.. i dont get it. it's not hard.. if i could program i could whip up a memorable adventure game in 6 seconds.

anyway, if you want overhead types, go to your favorite flash game site.. kongregate, etc.. there's tons of those and a lot of them are actually genuinely good!

I thought maybe I'd try to play Popful Mail.

About Half genie hero, well. I'll wait til DLC comes out, then play it. Wish it was on 3DS.

She's dead

what is popful? i've heard of it for like 15 years but i never got details on the actual game type. i assumed it was like puyo puyo

Some sort of 90s animay looking platformer with roleplaying elements

Similar to Zelda 2 or Wonderboy in Monster World for instance. Except with a cute girl as a main character.

that sounds awesome, why the fuck havent i seen anything of this

Dead cute

heyyy the internet just said it's a rhythm game. you LLOYD t'me!

Mostly just dead

i feel kinda bad now that i've realized you can kill frogs and take them

Shut up Scrapper, go and carry more junk to Skyloft.

You were only going to throw them into a boiling pot anyway, even if you don't kill them first.

I.. i thought I was just giving them a bath and drinking what was left...

A bath in liquefied monster guts/remnants?

well no you add that part afterwards..
but, maybe! frogs wouldnt mind.

stop drawing abs on your shirt. what are you, strong bad?

How DOES Zelda use Sheikah Slate with Boxing Gloves?

>Link makes bubbling noises

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

>link later dies of salmonella poisoning

Exploring Hyrule castle is a lot of fun, I recommend it!

i still feel like i might've missed something.. but i hate that the eyeballs respawn. enemies, sure, but let me make progress opening up pathways. i want to be able to go back through that one spot that leads into the library but only one-way due to the eye..

Anyone in thread still playing HW?
I recently picked it up again on 3DS and have been burning through, I'm obsessed with trying to unlock all the weapons I've missed.

I had the same problem when I was trying to get all the koroks there
Are you referring to the east passage that leads into the library?

if they put the 3DS shit onto the wiiu where it belongs, i would be at least a bit interested in busting the ol' girl out again

i wanna say north? or at least, it's at one of the ends, not the.. sides. the sides have the ways down into the grotto and the king's study, but the end leads into... the prison? but it's all covered in goo, not hidden by a metal bookshelf.
or maybe... it's that one where you kill the iwarock and then it makes an air updraft so you can ride up into there..

All the content from HWL is on HW Wii U, as far as I know.
Although right now trying to find a way to get the 3DS DLCs on Wii U ver, poking around hbg and wiiuiso to see what I can download

eh? like, as DLC?
because last i heard, you have to buy the 3ds version and a 3ds and transfer the shit onto your wiiu, and all you get is the characters, and only after unlocking them... you dont get the new... yknow, scenarios. which is what i want
except i kinda hate windwaker anyway

Yeah you can buy all the new characters(Linkle, Tetra, Skull Kid, etc etc) and weapons from the eShop, I just checked.

Although I don't know if you get the WW scenarios though.

Pretty sure you get the Adventure Mode maps tho.

eh yknow, considering how it's basically just paying to watch cool animations happen, I don't think I'd go for that unless I could get all of them for around 6-7 bucks.

I need to get back into this. Played for several hundred hours on 3DS but haven't played most of the exclusive dlc.

Game was worth it for Ganondorf alone. I may not get my solo dorf game, but this was close enough.

OoT costume + hasty attacks = why play anything else

I guess I wandered away from it. I still need to collect the third great fairy weapon. Grinding for higher power versions of weapons is interminable.

Linkle a qt
Linkle and Twili Midna doujin when?

Trying to get through the Adventure Maps has been time consuming, it's wild.
Only just beat the first map today, gotta get through Cia's Tale so I can finally reach the WW stuff in Legends Mode now.

You don't get the 3DS adventure maps, no.

yeah I just wish there was more to fucking do. A game this repetitive should have had a lot more to keep it fresh. i always wanted a game like this, but in my mind the combat worked more like the games, so it was kind of more about parrying, shielding, not just... triggering a special attack animation meter.

I don't mind the Musou games being super easy combat wise, since the real difficulty tends to be managing 3 different missions at once and trying to keep your keeps and captains safe.

Urbosa had lightning powers of course she was a witch

honestly easy isn't what I'd call them.. and yeah that's exactly why.

Meh. Fanfic tier theorizing.

Swinging a two handed weapon around regularly just seems so pointless when spin-to-win exists

Yep. Not much point in going for their regular chain.

well as someone who didnt master the 'canceling the spin' thing for a long time, the regular chain is still useful for knocking some enemies off their feet (and then freezing the game for a second)

If you attack out of a dash, you can do a 2-part chain that ends in the same way. Saves time that way.

I get that a lot in Hyrule Castle, with the Moblin in Zelda's room especially

From what I've heard it's specific to Moblins ragdolling. I don't remember it happening with other enemies... but it sure does happen with the bacon

I remember buying endurance shrooms but I forget which village I got it from, anyone remember where endura shrooms are sold?

2-part? i thought attacking heavy weaps out of a dash just results in the single heavy smash that knocks them down
jumping slash does it too

bokoblins used to do it but they patched that one
hmmm.... maybe deku tree's belly? there's a shroomseller there.
i know they're so common i've had a stupidly large amount of them all along

I'm pretty sure it's Hateno or Korok Forest

nevermind I'm dumb. I've been thinking two-handed weapons had 3-handed regular combos when nope, it's just two.

So, when is the next game? Hope its not going to be 6 years from now.

Remember that crossdressing is the worst LOZ feature.

3 years I'm thinking, maybe more if they decide to do more DLC

it's not three-part regular combos? oh wait, you're right. i have to think about the hammer in that one shrine. god that was a hard one.. it's too bad the shrines couldnt, like.... switch each other around, so you did harder ones as you go on

as soon as the switch is over and the new console is announced, we'll finally get a switch zelda.

It's a cute and novel part of the game that gets ruined if you visit adult-centric websites (Veeky Forums is one) but have no self control.

or rather, if you don't recognize that opposition to crossdressing is a meme, playing off of the transsexual problem, irritating you by subtly implying you mistakenly think it's related somehow.

It was Hateno, thank you!

It's Hateno. I'm looking at them right now.

You would think the korok shroom shop has them, but nope. There's even a mushroom stand at the gerudo town, but they don't have any either.