"You won't pass me no matter what!"

>"You won't pass me no matter what!"
>*5 min later*
>"WTF my tires are losing grip"

>haha like im going to lose to some old 86
>wtf i lost to some old 86
every fucking episode

Initial D is full of characters declaring shit and then getting proven wrong, it's kind of ridiculous how much of it goes around.

>i am the only guy in the show with realistic approach towards racing, there is no way i could lose
>loses because skidding ae86 grows wings and teleports around

i genuinely feel bad for the guy

dagumi losing to misufiringu systemu is practically the only time a character makes a statement like that and ISN'T proven wrong

Lol'd

This is how you know someone has never seen the show. The wings and teleporting didn't start till fifth stage

>drives since kindergarten
>has severe autism
>drives his mom's 86
>almost manages to outperform a racing 86 with coincidentally limited engine
>impresses mako sato and cuck even more iketani cuckpai
>regularly fucks his mother

How could you fuck a show finale like this?

>mfw someone has said I look like a Mexican version of this guy

>turn headlights off
>his white car is immune to brake lights reflections from the car in front of him
>I swear I won't use this blind attack again
>uses it in every race

>tfw his only motivation was literally just impress a girl he met 1h ago

What were they thinking. At least Rage your Dream at the end was good

>Puts down headlights
>Gains 50 horsepower
That's how aerodynamics work, right?

>tries to kill random people
>thousand of dollars in damage to other cars
>it's ok he was just suffering

>a 150 hp car going downhill accelerates like a 200 hp one
>a 200 hp car accelerates like a 300 hp one
>that's why the 86 is so fast

?????

Can one of you make one of these, but with Kenta?

I mean the text thing.

>tfw nuvolari used this technique in real life

The only reason Takumi ever started racing was because he wanted to take Natsuki on a date.

Kenta already got enough shit in the anime. Keisuke told him to shut the fuck up, once.

Actually, Kenta is the first person to have lost to Takumi purely by being slower than Takumi. Keisuke lost through mechanical issues because one of his turbos failed midway through the race. Takeshi lost through strategic error by not maximizing his advantage at the start of the race by using his full power on the straights. Same goes for Shingo. Mako lost through driver error, by taking a corner too fast and spinning out. Kenta made no mistakes, he just wasn't fast enough.

I honestly wish he got more love in the fanbase/series (there's barely even any fanart of him).

>I have 1 year of time to end this project
>1 year later project D is over
>no it has just begun

>one of his turbos failed midway through the race
it's been a while but i honestly don't remember that at all

>studies to become a doctor
>become a talent scout of street racers

Forgot pic

>I won't have time for girls until project D comes to an end
>project D ends and he instantly becomes a professional race driver
>still no time for girls

Then go back and rewatch it.

You will hear Keisuke say that his car is feeling slow and he suspects one of the turbos isn't working.

If you're particularly sharp, you'll notice that prior to him saying this, he was shown, and both he and Takumi stated, that he pulled away from Takumi on the straights. But as soon as he talks about the turbo not working, you never see him pull ahead of Takumi on any straight for the rest of the race, because he no longer has the power to outspeed the 86.

street racing is an expensive hobby

>he just wasn't fast enough
big mistake, huge

What do you mean?

I don't think it did. He wonders at one point if the secondary turbine went out, but that mostly just seemed like he was scrambling for a justification for how the ae86 could be keeping up.

that was his first mistake

>cucked by a photograph
>cucked by Akina rouge downhill
>cucked by shingo
>cucked by an old man
>cucked by a random rock
>cucked by his cellphone

yeah it's obviously just him being shook, you're reading way too much into a minor visual element. in the manga there aren't even any meaningful straights left at that point (he says it going into the hairpins and is overtaken at their exit)

plus cmon in a series like this where every minor element of a race has to be explained at length by a narrator or a supporting character at the sidelines, you really think they'd leave the key to the first meaningful race that subtle and ambiguous?

>cucked by his cellphone
but he didn't have one, he's poor
it's why he didn't call mako back

>plus cmon in a series like this where every minor element of a race has to be explained at length by a narrator or a supporting character at the sidelines, you really think they'd leave the key to the first meaningful race that subtle and ambiguous?
Yes, because it hadn't yet been established as a series where every minor element of a race is explained by a narrator since it's the first race.

Still, I think he deserved a lot then what he got (like maybe joining another team and becoming successful/popular).

In the extra stage 2 he had one and when he tried to call mako after his tire popped the battery died and he was cucked again

not quite

but even then with this being the scene immediately after the race in question i'm not sure how there could be room for any reasonable doubt

>extra stage 2
i don't want to watch it, but now i must
am i in for sadness?
should i watch the stages in between (4 and 5)?

>(4 and 5)
oh wait, i think its just 4th stage that's before extra stage 2

>Blackubirde?

Nah, it's a standalone story that doesn't require knowing the ins & outs of what Takumi's up to.

I mean to be fair he's 15

>regularly fucks his mother
wait what i think i missed that part

>"we'll totally meet again one day lol"
>and they never met again.
SHIGENOOOOOOOOOOO

Do any of you agree with me? Just asking.

The second half of the race is far tighter and twistier, thus they don't have time to get past 2nd gear and let the FD stretch its legs.

Ryosuke told his brother that he had 1 year to complete the project D because after this time span would have had to move from racing to his medical career.

Still, at the end of the final stage he's a talent scout and therefore he had more spare time or gave up his career.

>380 hp on plain road
>accelerates like a 550 hp car downhill
>still loses to a car with less than half the power

A lot of people deserved better.

*cough lonely drivers*

I know, but he doesn't have any fan-art or even any meme's about him (plus we don't even know if he actually becomes a racer or not/works with Keisuke and the others).

>Kenji being forgotten is a meme
>Kenta is literally forgotten.
rip

At least he actually saw him drive his car (if only once), was at least somewhat relevant in the story and did stuff for project d.

something horsepower something
something something braking wins races

Where does that pic come from?

his hand is smol
lmao smol benis :DDD

Who's that in the pic there?

>has beaten like a ton of people
>highly tuned FC
>trained to be a doctor
>is autistic and records all of the data from every single even
>can give horsepower numbers from just engine noise
>has to detune his FC to try and beat some dumb kid in a old shitbox
>despite being a walking computer of technical car knowledge, he completely forgets that tires will wear with hard use

Aight, I'm gonna have to go full autist here. Ryosuke's data on Takumi was obsolete by the time they raced, so the pace was faster than Ryosuke had expected. But other than that, yeah, he should have realized beforehand that his tires wouldn't last.

>"I'm going to win this race easily"
>I'll just stay behind and not bother trying to pass until the last corner
>welp, something crazy happened on the last corner, guess I lose

>Takumi dramatically progresses during the show
>literally the end of 5th stage so he's twice as good at driving now
>86 is also dramatically upgraded
>almost loses to autist with shitty car because "he is just like Takumi from the beginning of the series"

doctor spinaroonie

>be Red Suns #3
>"up and coming" and probably thinks he's going to be famous like the Rotary Brothers
>sole purpose in Project D is to get called a dumbass by the hero characters in every episode for not being able to analyze things

Shinji get in the fucking [spoiler] 86 /spoiler]

Professor Wankel

Spin-Twin No. 1

>be racing team that's participates pretty often
>just a few bros
>dumb kids shows up since #1 down hill guy crashed
>he wins the race
>ends up winning ever other race ever while we do nothing
>never race again

>supposed to be a big ominous threat
driver #1
>a guy that loses every race and hits the guard rail every time
driver #2
>chainsmoking date rapist that nearly kills like 3 people in order to set up his retarded gumutape deathmatch
>literally the ideal rules and car for this race
>still manages to lose
>has try to crash into dagumi to end in a tie
>ends up destroying his 3k civic with a couple simple mods

driver #3
>literally who?

i legitimately completely forgot there was ever a 3rd night kids character, damn

I was really pissed that after all the hype Nakazato got, we never see him win a single race, and instead see him repeatedly crash like a retard.

At the end of 2nd stage when they first hint at an "all Gunma team" I was hoping they were going to include Nakazato in it. Ended up just being two people.

>with a couple simple mods
lold

Yeah, the way they kept talking about it being a "team" really got my hopes up for a Takumi/Keisuke/Nakazato/somebody else - type deal.

Would have also liked to see Iketani tag along somehow and then seriously improve over time, but I guess Kenta kinda filled that side role, and it would have left Itsuki alone.

My apex seals are in orbit

I like their moment of self awareness in stage 4 (i think) where Iketani says we should actually race someone considering we call ourselves a street racing team.

Doc dorito

>Icucktani

>ITS JUST A SHIT JUNKER 86 HOW COULD I EVER LOSE
>everyone totally ignores the fact that it's a 850kg car with a 250hp engine tuned specifically for the downhill
even mr gtr with his 1600kg car only had 350hp

the 250hp engine didn't come until after he raced mr gtr tho

still

Are people ignoring the fact Takumi is able to keep his speed up while drifting, which is why he's able to beat faster cars on Akina?

This is one of many reasons why I wanted see him also become a famous racer and see him win.

I find it ridiculous that Iketani claimed they were the fasted team on Akina when all of their drivers are complete shit.

Like, none of them could hold a candle up to almost anyone Takumi raced against, not even those fourth stage guys with the Lan Evos who resorted to cheating to try to win, but were beaten with no sweat when they had to race.

I'm not sure they could even beat those guys who Takumi beat in Itsuki's 85, or another other joke racers.

I never got why he managed to do that.
Is it because the 86 is light or something?
I remember he struggled in the Capuccino race and how the two were similar

>someone did not see the wings

aren't the Speed Stars the fastest by default? IIRC nobody said there was another Akina team.

I would have liked to see Iketani vs Kenta

That's not what's implied when the Red Suns show up to challenge the fastest on Akina

>Keisuke says "who is the fastest team or driver on Akina?"
>Iketani says "We're the fastest, we're the Akina Speed Stars."

When he showed up with an 86, I already it was gonna go down like that.

Cool Ranch

Why does he look like that there? It looks nothing like his normal self (even during stage 5)

Its one of his many doubles

>drifting in reverse
Now that's some true street racing skill

I made that in 2013...
I just realized I misspelled strategy.

>the blind attack is supposed to be useful to make his opponents not be able to see where he is, and thus, not being able to counter him
>he drives a car as white as snow, you'd have to be fucking blind to not see it in the dark

Just wondering, but do you guys think it would've been better if Kyoko was Kenta's love interest instead of Keisuke's?