What does Gen Z like to drive?

What do gen Z Veeky Forumsists like driving?
>pro tip: gen z is anyone born after 1995
>pic not that related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HNnF-w3yj4k
youtu.be/1Dl7YF5Mr8Q
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1994
wait am i really not a millennial?

under that definition I'm gen z

I'm looking at getting a used jetta wagon tdi as a daily, and a third generation honda prelude as a weekend car

I was born in 95, work with a couple guys from Z.

Mostly drive VW R's or GTI's, and some other hot hatches. Got 5 at work including mine.

Gen Z live downtown and don't drive

Does 1994 come after 1995?

'95.
>I like older Jap cars.

Being born in 1994 is the literal definition of being a millennial.

What the fuck does any of this arbitrary generations crap mean anymore, anyway?

From all the Z's here it seems like either boring VWs or bus users..

As a Gen Y (1992) I'm looking for a cheap eco sport Honda for DDing like an Integra/RSX/Prelude,
and eventually a Foxbody or Aw11 or something like that for a weekend car

sorry to hear that you and your friends are all gay

no you fucking smartasses but given that the years are close enough and there are no exact dates between generations it was a valid question

literally nothing but i didn't know i was on the tail end of what is considered to be 'millennial'

Damn, I feel like I'm the only gen z that likes luxo barges

I like a big variety of cars from 70s Camaros to Suzuki Swifts to Mercedes W120s. I've driven a Continental Mk V, Suzuki Swift, Oldsmobile Cutlass, and a Honda CRX. Looking into buying an F-body or a 90s Civic rn

I drive a 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs

I like driving anything 2bh
t. no car
some sources say '95 others say '00
I think the logic is that the oldest millenials give birth to the first gen z
but also, being born 10 years after '95 is a completely different childhood, with the technology, 9/11 already happened, cultural trends, etc.

Post vape

can confirm, i drive a boring vw

at least it looks nice

>My general idea to help differentiate between the 2 gens since these were huge splashes in pop culture and bench marks for technology..

*(If you weren't old enough/or alive to have enjoyed the very beginning of the Pokemon/Tamogochi/Yugioh phenomena/fad that hit the U.S. and Canada)

*(if you weren't old enough/or alive to experience owning a NES/SNES/N64/PS1/DREAMCAST/GB/GBC/GBA

*(if you weren't old enough/alive to remember old 90s/00s cartoons like old Cartoon Network/OG Yugioh/OG Beyblade/Ren&Stimpy/Beavis&Butthead/1st few seasons of SouthPark etc, etc,

*Or if you don't know what things like a floppy disc is or dial up internet, etc.

Then you're most likely part of gen Z and NOT gen Y (millennials)

youtu.be/HNnF-w3yj4k

youtu.be/1Dl7YF5Mr8Q

cringe

DAEWOO

I pretend to drive racecar when really its just a high compression built single cam that puts 144whp down and stripped civic

'94 here
drove an '04 aveo for 4 1/2 years..
a-at least I drive a v6 camaro now ;-;

madtv>snl btw

He does raise a good point.

I'm a super senior in college right now and there are kids born in 1999 who have never heard of a Super Nintendo, let having ever played one

madtv has and always will be better than snl

I'm 18. I drive a 1989 E30, and the next car I'm looking at is either an FC turbo II or an AW11. I like 80s and 90s affordable sports cars. I also really like 50s-60s Italian cars, mainly Fiats and Alfas because that's what my uncles collect. I have a soft spot for 80s luxobarges but probably wouldn't own one as my only car. I like lightweight manual cars.
What I don't like are boring, soulless shitboxes. I drove a friends dad's auto v6 Camaro and it felt like I was playing a video game. Most modern cars I've driven have felt like that.
I hate to be one of those "born in le wrong generation" faggots, but I feel like I missed out on the golden age of fun cars. All the cars that people recommend, 240sx, Miata, even civics, are ridiculously overpriced in even somewhat decent condition. There are no affordable, for a high school student, fun cars like there were 10-15 years ago. That's mainly what I look for in cars. To be able to live what I missed out on.
It's really late and I got really off topic but oh well I'm still going to post this.

snl is fucking dogshit, as evidenced by the fact that the 'more cowbell' skit is considered the funniest thing that snl ever made
i dont understand how people enjyo watching that shit honestly

This.

Their legacy is more cowbell
That shows you how utterly shit their skits are. That and they gotta make a Trump skit every five minutes.

gives you some clue to what audience they're aiming for

Z is the one after the millennials, or some shit it doesn't matter at the end of the day does it?

God I miss MadTV..
I remember watching that late at night and Futurama and King of the Hill, while eating pizza we ordered, in the hotel room me and my sister and mom would get whenever we'd go on vacation to the "big city"
Good memories..

God damn that must be fuckin weird.. talking to ppl that don't know what a floppy disc is or have never ever seen a SNES or N64/PS1
Feelsweirdman
I'm 25 (1992) and i feel like this all the time.
Happy I grew up in the late 90s/00s but sometimes I wish I grew up during the 80s and 50s, missing something I never experienced.
By the time I was old enough to drive, it was right around the time Obama started the fucking "cash 4 clunkers" program, which made all those cheapish ecosport cars and 70s/80s/90s muscle cars that were fairly cheap suddenly became rare as fuck overnight and became overpriced to shit

>Goddamn if there are ANY OLD millenials born before 88/87 in here that remember how much something like a Foxbody or 180sx/240sx was back in HS??

Oh well..least I didn't have to grow up with everyone having smartphones when all you want to do is play tag/dodgeball/Pokemon/yugioh cards/ beyblade matches/lan parties/ sk8board/bike to go rent R rated movies with your friends and buying 2 big bags of chips AND 2 liter bottle of pop for less than $5..

1999 here. I don't really remember the popular culture I grew up around other than pokemon. Can't remember anything other than my childhood either...
I drive a built '06 jetta tdi because my parents wouldn't let me sell it immediately when they bought it for me at 16 so I just modded the shit out of it. I have such an attachment to it now and spent so much money working on it that I might as well keep it.

>1999

I got my licence at 16. Then I saved money to buy a 2nd generation Prelude but since I live in the rust belt, there are none for sale nearby. And since I'm enlisting, it would be pointless to buy one to use for only ten months.

>walking to school and home from work everyday knowing that it's pointless to dream about driving, knowing that by the time your army contract is up your dream car will be borderline nonexistent
>even if you manage to find one, there will probably be too many regulations and restrictions on owning let alone DDing a 35-40 year old ICE car

fuck everything

I'm jelly. Have a gas golf. Always wished it was TDI, 1994 here btw

getting a gtr 32 nismo soon, driving an 05 avalon xls atm

make sure its a GTR and not just a swapped bootlid lel

lol, i hope thats not a picture of the car you are getting. thats not a real R32 Nismo. Real Nismos don't have the rear wiper motor. Real nismos also dont have chrome "nismo" lettering. that car is also missing the chibi spoiler.

Why enlist then my dude? Unless you live in the US( GI fund) you can use some of your skills and just get an apprenticeship. Then you can have your prelude.

>Damn, I feel like I'm the only gen z that likes luxo barges

Bro I want a lincoln continental so bad. I have a weird love for old land boats

(1998)
still not a bad time to be born, I did all the early '00s late 90s stuff like pokemon, yugioh, dodgeball, N64, etc. as it slowly disappeared or got banned from school
then when phones became less shit there's been funrun, clash of clans, jetpack joyride, temple run, the apples to apples copy thing, oovoo, ifunny/lolcats/protomemery
which mostly just replaced card games and was less "nerdy"
phones aren't as bad as people make them to be, it's almost always the dumbasses that make them/anything look bad anyways

the cars probably still suck, but at least there are some neat ones here and there (more so now), eventually it'll be back to like it used to because not everyone is going to be able to sell their car (unless the government does a buy back thing again)

I like crown vics(recent ones) and skylarks(pre80s)
probably wouldn't buy one though

GI bill, can't afford college. As for an apprenticeship, I'm clumsy and have a poor memory.

My 16yo gf drove an eagle talon

Directly into a parked cop car in the Denny's parking lot. No more talon.

(1996)
Don't drive anything because can't afford car(high insurance) and rent at the same time(NYC) but as you may expect I like 80s and 90s Japanese cars. Dream car is R32 GTR but by the time I have a house with a garage it'll probably be too rare/expensive for me to realistically get one.

>Select all images with an apartment building
It's learning

>wanting to be a millennial

LANOS MOTHERFUCKER

>built
>144hp

jesus christ m8 my ecotec 1.8 makes 138 stock and 155hp with a tune

t. boomer in denial

>implying millenials aren't cancerous people who ruined car culture and driving because of either thinking public transportation is more environmentally friendly or "muh trigger warning
Millenials are fucking cancer

>And who raised those millennials to be bleeding heart liberal hippies??
Their "GEN X" anti establishment parents that's who..

Oddly enough when I was looking up the dates for gen Z I found out that apparently they're more conservative than millennials and Gen X'ers are.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

But I guess it makes sense when you have literally generations upon generations of uber liberal society it's only natural that eventually younger generations will want to swing back to more traditional ways, especially when many of them don't have any family history or tradition

I drive a shitty DE engine 350z roadster.

I love interiors with analog clocks and wood all over the place. To a lesser extent I enjoy chrome and alcantara interiors. On the outside, smooth lines. Nothing agressive. I'd say the new NSX and post 2010 Audi grills are horrible but Porsches look nice as a testament to this taste.

Surprisingly I'm not an obnoxious teenager vapelord boiracer.
I'm a quiet awkward teenage boiracer with no friends. Hence the roadster.

nice miata

>literally a full second faster 0-60
>mid engined
>badge
At least I guess I should thank people like you for keeping the prices low for me, busrider.

Fiat 500 Abarth.

>probably wouldn't buy one though
Why not?

cheap shitboxes and fixing them

Why do you brag about your sonic so much.

one of my profs owns one, the turbo whine is so damn nice

I have an 02 JDM sti

pretty gud

I like driving anything and I like driving my 12 y/o Nissan shitbox, but I would like driving 90s Jap sports even more. I also like 90s Mercs and BMWs and Americans up to mid 00s.

t. -98

Gen Z'er here. I drive a 02 accord i got for 2k. Runs great, but boring as hell.

Anybody going to actually post their cars?
I don't vape, I swear. Ignore the panel gap between the hood and the fender, I had to take the hood off, but it's fixed now.

Currently I have manual Golf mk5 TDI-PD wagon, would prefer something smaller but it's comfy enough and was cheap, around 1500$.

t. 1996

I think they'll still be around man, you're over-thinking it

Legacy wagon
MX5

those were my car goals ever since, a good spacious wagon with good mpgs (its a boxer diesel) and a LIGHT underpowered CHEAP ae86 replacement

I mean it's fucking bad ass that's why? You some kind of limp cock faggot?

>What does Gen Z like to drive?
Gen Z doesn't like to drive.

>whole thread is Gen Z saying they like to drive

If it's a single cam making 170 crank n/a isn't terrible.

1991 MX5
06 WRX
01 Highlander
95 Impreza coupe
95 Suzi GSF400p

98' and im driving a 94' eg hatch, its got a lot of filler but very little rust so im planning to spend around 2500$ to restore it to stock as much as I can, got the car for around 1600$ and it's the most enjoyable car to drive i've driven so far

Total BS

Well, I fucked that up

Gen Z is 2000s, what bullshit are you on about.
Sorry faggots, but you're part of the 'problem generation' too

I was born in 1997, drive a 99' corolla and love 80's and 90's jap coupes

i'm an 80s guy myself, i got me a mk3 supra for a weekend warrior and a foxbody lima for a daily

most 80s ponycars or wedges get me hard but the jap cars in general do that just 80s wedges more in particular

I'm a poorfag university Student from '98:
>Peugeot 107
Prius like 3,8L/100km or 80mpg
30€ tires
Naturaly aspirated Toyota engine
>Simson S51
You could call it a Motorcycle, but it only has 50cc and drives 70km/h
>2-smoke
>4-speed manual
>cheap spare parts, inshurance and insanely fuel efficient

I deliver Pizza to save money for a FC with meme seal failiure as a project car.

>inb4 university degree is worthless
not in mechanical engineering

who the fuck says degrees are worthless when we're slowly moving into needing a masters just to prevent your application immediately being thrown in the trash

1997 reporting in, favourite decade for cars would be the 70s.

Some people claim that, since it is true for some social and arts degrees.

Degrees are only worthless if you get a meme degree and don't NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK while in school. Just do the bare minimum of coursework? You're much less attractive to an employer than someone going to industry expos and job fairs.

never "THIS"ed so hard in my life

I've made a habit of cold calling and asking for work, employers love that shit because it shows you've got drive and won't do the bare minimum. Most first world countries are suffering from low productivity, people aren't working hard, so if you show that you will, you're in

One of these
>1998
Don't worry I'm not going to crash or rice it.

Underage b&

I drive a 99 eclipse GS Manual
Pros:
>It's a nice car
>handles great
>Learned to drive stick on it, can teach girls to drive stick on it
>The 420a engine is a brick you'll be hard pressed to kill that thing
>Turbo potential if I ever get the money
Cons:
>The only people that seem to appreciate my car are people that are old enough to be my parents (or at least a gen above me)
>Its naturally aspirated, not gonna beat anything with a v6 or forced induction
>2 door hatchback makes it hard to transport friendos around
>High mileage (275,xxx)
>People keep trying to fucking race me like im not naturally aspirated jesus (maybe it's the turbo spoiler idk)

pic isn't my car, but my car looks exactly like that (even down to the rims)

The same person who constantly brags about their Chevy Sonic is also the first one to talk about dicks in a conversation that has nothing to do with it. Shocking.

I drive an 04 4runner right now but I wanna sell it for a wrx eventually

1995 here, I want to drive this one day.

you sound cool where do you study/work bruge?

'97 here, got an Evo X
It's my first and only car but getting an S2k soon

nobody goes to job fairs or expos except for business kids

>1998
i drove my moms land cruiser and silverado to learn and bought a toyota cressida when i turned 16. I had that for two years and sold it to buy an AW11. I recently sold that to buy a Ninja 250 that i'm taking that to college.

>dat boxy design
HNNNNG

because its the best fucking car ever.

but not really im selling it and getting a wrx

>first car was a Renault Twingo, which I totalled
>totalled another two renaults that day
>now own a Punto
>a Yamaha YBR 250
>and a chinese scooter

>HUUURRR SHIT
Well yeah, I just finished school and have no job yet. So there goes that.