I know how much Veeky Forums seems to hate these trucks, but honestly they seem like a REALLY good deal used...

I know how much Veeky Forums seems to hate these trucks, but honestly they seem like a REALLY good deal used. I can find some for 35-36K$ with 10-15k miles on the 5.0 Cummins + Aisin Trans. My 14' F150 Platinum right now is going on 80k miles and the estimated resale value is around 28-30k.

If I wanted to get a newer F150 (2015 Platinum) I'd end up paying more with far higher miles than I would with the XD. And I get a Diesel with the XD. Are these not a really good deal used?

Other urls found in this thread:

trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/
enginelabs.com/engine-tech/an-inside-look-at-the-ram-1500-3-0l-ecodiesel/
autoworldbigstngap.com/blog/2016/september/1/eco-diesel-compared-cummins-5-0.htm?locale=en_US
caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-nissan-titan-xd-long-term-test-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean look at this.

Only reason faggots here hate them is they're more capable than a typical 1/2ton. That, and they're not a domestic brand even though they're quite literally a domestic truck.
Another notable mention is the Ecodiesel Ram 1500, but even though it's quite a well proven engine gearbox combo in the form of a VM Motori 630/ZF 8HP70, it's still only 3/5ths of the engine the Cummins is.

What kind of retard came up with platinum as a way to name a trim level?

A genius who is probably sleeping on a mattress made of $100 bills right now.

I considered the Ecodiesel, but the combo of not enough power + not a HD diesel (ecodiesel is more about fuel economy, its supposed to compete with the Ford 2.7L I think) and again, the price point for one of those is higher than a XD with the diesel.

44k out the door 51 retail for one of the last 16's in my area.

Still dreading the motor is gonna have a bottom end failure.

Make no mistake, the Ecodiesel is a damn good workhorse, but price point does come into it. Last I checked a year ago, the lowest spec l 4x4 crew cab the Ecodiesel Ram was $39,500 where the Titan XD Cummins was $41,000.
I'll also add the power output of the Ecodiesel is still more than adequate for this size vehicle while the Cummins is only 1/6th more powerful. But then it's also 2/5ths larger which logically you'd assume it'd have a greater duty cycle with a lower specific output.

See its not the stock power I'm too interested in, although I would keep my new truck stock for a while. The 5.0 cummins has been tuned to around 470 HP and 770 TQ (theres a video on Youtube), and I really don't think the little 3.0 Ecodiesel could even dream of making that type of power. Stock though, I'm sure the Ecodiesel and 5.0 Cummins would actually be pretty similar to 60. The Cummins does make quite a bit more horsepower than the ecodiesel too.

Also, holding that much power on the stock motor shows it is quite durable and CAN hold that much power, not that I would actually tune it up that crazy.

No argument on my part, and like I said at the end of the day you're dealing with a 3.0L and a 5.0L. I've read about some damn impressive figures out of the VM Motori unit, and as long as AFRs and EGTs are kept in check there's no reason those units shouldn't have a long service life.

The one minor detail with them that erks me the wrong way is they only have four cylinder head studs per cylinder as opposed to a lot of other diesel's 6 studs per cylinder, so I'd imagine that'd cap potential boost to some degree (and in turn fuel rate if AFRs are kept in check). Never seen what the 5.0 Cummins head looks like but I'd presume it's be similar to an ISF head?

Check out what Banks is doing with the Wcodies loan in the form of the Banks 630.

>Wcodies loan
VM Motori* fuck you phone.

I'd guess the lower stud count is because, again, it's not really meant to be under the same conditions and work loads as heavier duty diesels. Is the 3.0 ecodiesel block CGI like the 5.0 Cummins?

as with most new vehicles I always wait. Nissans reputation isn't strong either desu

It is indeed CGI. That was one of the main design goals when this motor was developed was CGI block construction. On the 4 stud head design, they are at least 14mm studs. And Banks engineer believes these units have the potential to exceed 600hp in race trim which is no small feat for a 3.0 diesel.
trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/

Here's a good write up on it, and a touch on the bottom end asswmbly
enginelabs.com/engine-tech/an-inside-look-at-the-ram-1500-3-0l-ecodiesel/

Also worth noting these engines have been running around Australia in Jeeps for years now, a lot of them pulling Caravans around the country close to their 7700lb tow capacity. Although anyone would find it hard to believe the Cummins wouldn't be an even better option again.

Actually, I think I just found the Cummins 5.0L is also a 4 stud cylinder head too...

>For a quick side note, both the Eco and 5.0 use 4 head bolts per head. “A concern for us in the performance market, would be that both engines run four bolts per cylinder instead of six. If the 6.0 and 6.4 Liter Power Stroke had not run into so many head gasket issues, we probably won’t worry about it as a number of gasoline engines run four bolts per head” (Diesel Army). For the record I do not like this…
autoworldbigstngap.com/blog/2016/september/1/eco-diesel-compared-cummins-5-0.htm?locale=en_US

>XD

XD has the Cummins, but looks ugly af.

It's not the guys that come up with it. But the guys that quote it like it is gospel.

>Jesus Christ Billy, that is a hunk of shit
>B-b-but it's a platinum!

Marketing.

It's not the best looking, but still looks better than Ram IMO.

>honestly they seem like a REALLY good deal used

Let me enlighten you as to why

caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-nissan-titan-xd-long-term-test-review

>A quick scan of online owners’ forums turned up only a couple of cases like ours
It's unfortunate, but it happens. Particularly unfortunate to happen to a publication long termer

why the fuck would you want to sell a 3 year old truck?

Its a ford, it's reached end of life.

>people want to know if a new car is reliable
>it hasn't even sat outside through 30 different winters yet
>it hasn't even rolled over 300k miles yet

lmfao

>this

Best truck is that beat up old one that leaks oil , and still starts everyday anyways despite hauling trailers for 30 years

see