What is the best cheap convertible?

Hello Veeky Forums,

This is my first time posting here. I currently drive a 2008 toyota Yaris(100k miles). [pic related]I got better job that pays better and want to get a good used convertible/ sporty looking car.

But I want one that is less than $10,000, reliable, and gives decent mileage.

what do you recomend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZEVLQQ7uEc
youtube.com/watch?v=kp1kuo6xkbE
youtube.com/watch?v=iMLV6FiX_0M
youtube.com/watch?v=pRyztx6H0dg
youtube.com/watch?v=-vektlaHd8A
youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5_OOC_YbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You already know the answer. MAZDA MIATA

anything else? what about kia eclipse?

Kia never made an Eclipse. That was Mitsubishi. And no, the Mitsubishi Eclipse is a reliability nightmare.

Seconding the Mazda Miata recommendation.
Or a Saab 9-3 for something different, but safer.

I'm sorry I made a mistake....Just researching the cars now.

Why does Veeky Forums hate the miata so much though...what's with the 'fag' running joke?

Also, opinion on getting Volkswgon EOS or used Porsche Boxter?

986 Boxster

Watch for the IMS on the boxster, try to find one with good service records and shoot for a boxster s from after 2001, when they facelifted and boosted power. The extra horses and gear speed are nice, but you won't go wrong with the base model. You'll still enjoy it more than the yaris.

R107

Veeky Forums actually loves the Miata. It's one of THE most often recommended cars.

The fag thing started because it looks non-threatening and cute, unlike other sports cars.

Make no mistake about it. The Miata IS a sports car. It's not an economy car. The car was designed for balance and feel when driving. It was designed for car enthusiasts.

One warning about the Miata: finding an automatic is legitimately rare. They're almost all manual transmission "stick shifts". And automatics really do NOT hold their value well because no one wants them. Automatics do exist, but if you want to get most of your money back when you sell it eventually, get the manual.

>but I don't know how to drive manual!
learn. It takes like 30 minutes of practice to get the basics down enough to drive in traffic, and a few weeks of experience should make you pretty proficient with it.

The Volkswagen Eos has the same reliability problems as its Golf and Jetta sister cars, and the Porsche is expensive to maintain. Don't buy either if you value your wallet.

Now about finding which Miata is for you:
NA (1990-1998)
youtube.com/watch?v=mZEVLQQ7uEc
youtube.com/watch?v=kp1kuo6xkbE

NB (1999-2005):
youtube.com/watch?v=iMLV6FiX_0M

NC (2006-2014):
youtube.com/watch?v=pRyztx6H0dg

ND (2015-present):
youtube.com/watch?v=-vektlaHd8A

2011 mustang gt can go for 13-15k, or you can go the v6 for 10k or less

maybe an old audi a4 (good option) or vw eos. you can grab old porsches for 10k too desu.

pontiac g6? solstice?
nissan 350z?

but my #1 suggestion, mazda mx-5

yaris sedan? wtf?

they made them between 2007 and 2011. Same 1.5L 1NZ-FE as the normal hatchback. Slightly longer wheelbase, and slightly different structure so none of the hatchback body panels fit.

I haven't seen any here in europe

IIRC, they weren't sold in Europe.
It was sold in the Phillipines as the Toyota Vios and in Japan as the Toyota Belta.
It's a Yaris underneath though.
youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5_OOC_YbM

The Yaris has got to be the ugliest, most boring car I've ever seen.

I genuinely start too not only feel tired/sleepy but also physically ill when I look at this fucking car, especially the mid-2000s hatchback version.

It surprisingly doesn't take much to make them really fun, provided it has the manual transmission. The automatics are hopeless.

Z3 or a cheap Z4

when will the meme about porsche boxsters being expensive to maintain die
It's like a grand per year if you do it yourself.

>porsche
>working on it yourself
Unless its a 924/944, pick one. We're also talking about a retarded woman who wants a droptop. Boxster does not apply here.

I disagree, the 986 is alright to work on. More difficult than a normal car, but also not ridiculous when you have popped the engine cover off

3k civic with a few simple mods and a saw.

OP is a woman who would be scared of breaking something by popping the cover off. Porsche is not applicable here.

Dude there are no girls on the internet

get one of these

not available stateside.

>stateside.
what? you in the US?? get a miata

I too am hearing a lot of good things about the miata.
However, the miata looks like a toy car, and does not 'look' good.

What about the pontiac solstice? Both are comparable, but the solstice looks a lot better than the Miata even though the Miata gives marginally better performance.

you don't want a pontiac

Honestly, the Saturn Sky is better built and better looking than the Solstice. But they both have similar downsides... mainly that there's virtually no trunk space.

>It surprisingly doesn't take much to make them really fun

How? I'm curious

wheels/tires, an exhaust, struts/shocks, springs, and sway bars to start

why? American unreliability?

stop fucking shilling RCR and acting as if it's objective informative review instead of stale entertaining, holy fucking shit leddit.

Toyota Solara, it's a camry coupe

They're very lightweight and aftermarket is surprisingly good.

rcr is not even entertaining, it's trash.

this

fuck you, don't ever speak for Veeky Forums again