What makes the sound of BMW V10 so good ?

Other urls found in this thread:

streetstandard.com/shop/lb-works-bmw-m3-e92/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aftermarket exhaust

Oh thanks i forgot to mention M5 lol. Is it just exhaust ?

the stock exhaust sounds good as well.
Honestly I can't think of a bad sounding naturally aspirated V10, they all sound god tier
Audis's turbo V10 sounds meh though

The Viper's V10 sounds pretty bad. Worse than many 4 cylinders. But I blame it on the retarded architecture, they didn't leave room for proper mufflers, so all you get is a cherry bomb on each side.

Bmw has always been excellent at making their cars breathe very well, that's why the I6's sound godly as well

Man, I was just looking some m6 on CL today. Always liked that car and now I can easily afford the 10 year old ones. Not sure how fun it would be to own after some time though.

a low mileage one won't give you any headaches.
They are decently reliable cars only the part costs are insane.

Oh one more question does anyone knows how much and where they create that widebody for m3 e92. Is that too expensive ?

The e63 m6 with manual gearbox is my absolute favorite car, that being said I think it would be pretty inconvenient to own living in a big city. The gas mileage is horrendous and fixing anything will cost an arm and a leg. Fortunately the V10's hold up better than the V8's, still not as reliable as the I6's but they're pretty nice engines. Anyway I really can't decide between saving up for low mileage one or an M2.

Like that

That's because the design the engines bay the same on all models and make them very roomy.
My 2 litre N46 engine has the same space as a the 4.4 S65, and even then there is room left in the engine bay. Unlike Audi or Mercedes, where everything is so mathematically calculated in order to fit.
That's because BMW usually tends to sell more of the 6 cyl and higher displacement engines, whereas at Audi and Mercedes most people settle for the 2.0TDI or 3.0TDI ( rarely go over ). You will have a hard time finding an Audi A6 3.2FSI or a petrol powered E Class. On the 5 series however there is plenty ahoe when it comes to the E60 530i.

But those were the good old BMW days, now it's gone to shit.

I agree 100% with you.

Liberty walk makes one for 8 grand

streetstandard.com/shop/lb-works-bmw-m3-e92/

>On the 5 series however there is plenty ahoe when it comes to the E60 530i
Yep, that's exactly what car I have and I was really surprised when I realized how easy it is to work on, the engine bay doesn't feel constricted at all.

Holy shit. :O

>Audis's turbo V10 sound
Those are just bad.

The turbos take all the energy out of the exhaust. Shame they don't sound as ungodly as they are.

I bought a 4 cylinder bmw as a did and something that makes me sad is that it won't make cool sounds... Bothers me more than the lack of speed.

Should've got a straight six boyo

V8s are objectively the best sounding cylinder configuration

a subjective opinionis objective now? wtf

nothing because it sounds like shit

No. I said objectively. Learn to read, my man

Nothing sensory can be objective

Yes it can. Harmonics and shit, m8

how do u know what sounds like shit ? are you shit ? because shit and shit knows how to talk to each others like "hello shit" "oh hey shit wanna go to Diarrhea on coffe" "oh sure sure let's go" well fuck why the fuck do i even talk to shit.

v6>v8

Yeah, but only if you're trying to sound like a gay cunt. I srsly home you're not on of these doodz driving around with a farty 3inch exhaust on a little v6.

all R35 GTR drivers are driving around wih farty 3 inch exhausts on little V6's

Hope*

And they sound farty

But mustangs objectively sound like shit. So clearly not all v8s are gud

you answered yourself
10 cylinders make the best sound ever.

truly a hard choice
the V10 is a must, the tuning potential is huge (although only if you really shit money), you'll look rich and the ride quality is better BUT the m6 is pigfat as fuck and probably gives way less feeling and surely handles worse than the m2, which is also more reliable, way more economical and comes with a warranty

the LFA V10 sounds like shit

sounds fine to me.

(You)

I6>V6

That's mechanical tho faŠ¼

And in that case I6/V12 are more harmonic

Yeah you've really summarized what makes it such a tough choice. The e63 M6 weighs 3.8k though which isn't too bad compared to 4.3k of the current one. Still the M2 is going to be more economical with noticeably better handling. The M6 is just so beautiful though and that V10... well at least I have some time to come to a conclusion

Yes, but it's the out of balance, fucked up harmonics of the v8 that give it the delicious note.