Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/ /dbdg/ /f13g/ Friday the 13th Dead By Daylight

Do not freak out edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online Multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2741975115062342321/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/12918172084960

Old Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/horror/candyman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for liking traps isnt gay

First for Deborah is best and Vanessa a shit

You're at summer camp and this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass. What do you do?

>tfw you roll two disgusting perks in a row

>just watched someone aim a shotgun at Jason
>suddenly Jason is up the stairs strangling the person behind him
Seriously though why did they think being able to teleport while in plain sight was okay? It looks so stupid and is even worse gameplay-wise

Nerf grab, make it easier to hit with normal attacks.

Anyone have any idea if the sense avoidance also stops the house you're in from lighting up? I have 3 perks that all together give me 61% chance to avoid sense but it's useless if my house is still a beacon.

>Pajeets on voice
>Both vanessas
>Drag jason over to the entire stealth group and get deb killed pointlessly since the cops are 10 seconds from arriving

>Playing as Savini/JTM
>Use combat stance when attacking doors and busting them open almost instantly
>Tears of anger stream down their face

I main Deb and Vanessa and switch between them. One is for teamplay and the other is for when my patience is thin and I just want to go fast.

Wait, combat stance lets you bust doors down faster?

>tfw Deb and a good team player
>will literally try and kill you if you are stealing my seat in the boat or car

I do think that Grab kills need something done to them,and at this point I don't care whether it is a flat out Nerf or just a rework in the way they are used or what

>tfw still getting garbage perks because "xD everyone loves RNG guys"
>Slowly wanting to play even less due to not getting a single usable perk other than "start with medspray"

>it's a nobody has a mic and Jason is a part 3 shiftgrabber episode

>Retards that can't juke a shift

????????

I wish one of the rotting Jasons could run. Guess I'll main bag head for now

I dont even give a shit about perks, I just have nothing else to spend money on. If perks are influencing your ability to enjoy the game that much, then you should just quit now.

How do you juke something that you can't see and is faster than you and has 5m grab range? You are asking to dodge a cannon ball while blind and can't hear it.

>Stealth around getting all the pieces
>Install them in under 10 seconds
>Drive off into the sunset

I am a heartless Deb.

You can't juke jason forever.
He'll catch you eventually
You can predict it and dodge it, but people like the person you're responding too think you can just dodge him forever.
You can't. He can and will catch you eventually

It doesn't matter if you juke them because it doesn't change how fucking boring it is both to watch,avoid and to play
especially since almost every tryhard Jason that uses them are also coincidentally never talks while the Jasons who don't abuse shiftgrabs are almost always ones who talk
I hope over the next week or so all these Silent Jasons who 'play to win' slowly go back to Dead by daylight or something because they are all boring cunts

Perks were fine in beta. There's no reason to make them a lottery.

>You are asking to dodge a cannon ball while blind and can't hear it.

Well let's see Mr Can't Dodge For Shit. Jason does it when he has someone in his sights. At that point you can most likely see him if he's chasing you. "Oh no Jason vanished from behind me I wonder what I could do?!"

>Sprint
>Do a 90 degree turn or do a 180
>Can even drop firecrackers at your feet if that's too hard for you

Gee I wonder.

Anyone else on PC just get database error?

>its jasons job to make the game fun for you so you can bully him
maybe you should go back to dead by daylght

>increase the time span between grabbing and finishers becoming available, unless they're environmental finishers

There, grabbing fixed.

Part 3 shitter spotted.

not him but, It's a you pat my back I'll pat yours kinda thing. I generally prefer to roleplay a bit and mess around with different personalities and have an actual exchange with Jason. If you're just going to telegrab and then asphyxiate me, you ruin our chance to have fun together. Why are you playing this buggy mess of a game if your only objective is to make the game as short and unfun as possible? It's backwards if you ask me.

I would be okay with that.

>just got Speed Demon
>immediately locked it into Chad
Time to RP

>bully him

You don't have to trap objectives, tunnel vision counselors, or telegrab to get an easy 7k. Jason is broken as fuck. Until somebody is messing with an objective, all you have to do is burn their resources. On the small occasion somebody will get lucky with boat parts or a fuse.

But im guessing you're just not having fun unless you kill everyone to try and prove youre the best.

quick OC I made lol

Juking is harder with low stamina/speed counselors

>no one playing part 9

You're the only one who's spent 88 hours playing the game dude

nice

It's a lot of hours to unlock him

Is any of the DbD namefags still around?

Cactus? Rusty? Kaz?

>Server errors and progression not saving across the board that leveling is a slow crawl
>LOL! WHY ISN'T ANYONE PLAYING BEST JASON XD?!?

It's a Savini thing. He breaks doors faster than any other Jason.

I said nothing about bullying Jason, just that the fags who rely on quick Grab kill to kill everyone as fast as possible are boring fucks only can only have fun by 'winning' by killing everyone
and just running around 'juking' Jason is no fun at all and is boring as fuck, thats the exact reason why I never touched Dead by Daylight

It's only 55 hours :^)

Played with 2/3 of those today in F13. Played with kaz yesterday. they still livin

The Firecrackers one is the best because it usually makes them mad too.

so is this game fun?

>Yelling POP POP when you throw firecrackers

I don't know of any name fags not playing it.

The discord usually gets a lobby or near full lobby going.

>implying gooks have hearts

Where's the fucking webms and videos?

I haven't been getting anything compact enough to turn into a webm. Rick and I have been uploading videos though.

>tfw 2 days of playing and I still never escaped once

>Rusty?
Yeah I'm here.
>tfw there's a trap spammer Jason

leave her behind in my car. Chad don't stop for noone

>Finally drag battery to car
>Try hard trap placed on objective that cannot be removed until someone steps in it :^)
>Jason zooms over to me since he just killed the last other counselor
>Shoot him
>Ten year old squeaker starts bitching
>Shift and grabs me anyway, does standard choke kill
Nice

POCKET KNIFE

flare to the eye

>game works fine when i go to bed after maintence
>wake up
>level 0 again

>Was working fine
>Now 10+ minute queues

REEEEE. That fucking patch can not come fast enough.

The game reverts you back to quickplay instead of lobby every single time you find a fun lobby, wtf

Yeah, but combat stance was mentioned.

His melee damage is also much higher.

Does that affect doors too? Is it faster than the normal method of destroying doors?

>having a good game
>you lost a packet?
>haha bye bye kiddo nothin personell

>not him but, It's a you pat my back I'll pat yours kinda thing. I generally prefer to roleplay a bit and mess around with different personalities and have an actual exchange with Jason. If you're just going to telegrab and then asphyxiate me, you ruin our chance to have fun together. Why are you playing this buggy mess of a game if your only objective is to make the game as short and unfun as possible? It's backwards if you ask me.

what if he's roleplaying as jason? Jason doesn't talk and he just kills people.

>wake up
>still level 32

>I generally prefer to roleplay a bit and mess around with different personalities and have an actual exchange with Jason.

When I play as Jason I want you to just shut the fuck up and play the game while I toy with your ass. The characters in-game already have voices, you don't need to yell with your faggot voice.

How do I honk on PS4?

and survivormain having trouble coming to grips with the fact jason is an actual threat unlike killers in dbd spotted

>be fighting and distracting a Jason while him and me have a weird conversation about our favorite flavors of Ice cream
>Suddenly hear a phone ringing though his mic
>"what do you want i'm murdering teens"
I don't care if he had it scripted or something, it was amusing

Jason doesn't teleport in plain sight and then pick up everyone and choke them. IF they're attempting to roleplay as Jason then they're failing terribly.

no mic jasons are shit tier for a reason.

>hiding behind dressing thing in higgins house.
>jason comes straight fucking to me from downstairs like I hadn't opened every single door prior
>goes right behind dressing thing and grabs me

Dude the hacks are fucking real right now. There is a 0% chance anyone would know I was right fucking there in that one small spot in that bigass house without hacks.

>Part 6 shift-grab spamming fag
>"It's part of the game :^)"

>tfw the one time I've played counselor I've escaped

and yes, please roleplay as jason. Nothing is worse than a silent jason that thinks they are training for MLG with their optimal strats and zigzagging flares.

90% of the games are in less than full servers. You're going to win as jason until they unbreak the hiding in beds/closet mechanic.

I just had a 4.5 minute escape.

>spawn in house
>find keys and radio.
>house on both sides of me
>hear dude say the gas and battery is in there
>we fix the car and drive off in under 4 minutes.
>Stop to pick up a 4th guy and juke jason trying to tp in front of us
>freedom

It was beautiful and shadowplay wasn't working for some reason.

>millennials thinking you need to shout at the mic to have 'fun'

Fucking numales and streaming killed video games.

>4 people in server
>jason playing as optimal as possible
>only head knockoff kills because it's fastest
>telegrabbing everywhere

Fuck those guys. Where's the RP only group?

>find a lobby full of mics
>one guy drops pre game and 2 others follow suit

You're one of those guys that finds the keys, runs into the woods and dies without saying where the keys are.

Everyone hates you.

true, but jason also doesn't talk and build a rapport with you to make your time more enjoyable either.

>projecting this hard

Haha, are you sure you're not one of them?

>be Kenny
>scavenging multiple houses near me
>silent as fuck and no one is even close to me
>Jason is chasing people off in the distance
>Find car parts, repair the car with no troubles
>Need key
>One of the counselors have it, tell them to go to my location
>All of a sudden three people come along with Jason
>FUCKFUCKFUCK
>One of the counselors get in the car and start it
>Others are distracting and stunning Jason
>All of us get inside
>Jason tries many times to stop us
>He succeeds and we're forced to play a game of Musical Chairs
>The only thing we can do is hit him with our weapons and stun him
>He picks us off one by one
>Only me and this one dude
>He runs off, I try to start the car while Jason is doing his execution
>He finishes and he's right next to the door
>Literally an inch from pulling me off, but I drive off
>Seconds later, I see my teammate scream "STOP, PLEASE STOP. HELP ME."
>I tell him I'm sorry and drive off while he's getting choked by Jason
>Can hear a faint "fuck you" when escaping
>He leaves seconds later

I love this game.

One is objectively funner for both parties involved though.

>Jason doesn't talk and he just kills people.
True, but you can still roleplay as something.

I've been using a soundboard. realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/horror/candyman

This is a game where communication is king.

>start game
>get jason twice in 4 rounds
>set spawn preferred as jason
>don't get jason in 23 rounds.

>Using an actual soundboard instead of piping it in directly

That audio quality has to be garbage

I have it on my phone plugged into a mixer. It is going in directly.

I agree. They need to sort out matchmaking. It's hard to communicate when there are four different languages being used in a server.

Kek. Did you fucking buy an analog mixer just for shit like this you autist.

No, it's just a nice perk.

I miss the players from the beta for F13, those were fun times, different kills with each grab, people not douchebags team hitting you, Jason's who had fun and didn't go for the insta-grab/choke combo. Please beta players, come back and make the game fun again.

I'm watching Friday the 13th gameplay footage to figure out if I want to pick up the game, and I'm really not clear on how things mechanically work for the Jason player.

I understand that Jason can teleport so he isn't left slogging around the map while people on the other end of it complete objectives without risk. These maps are much larger than the Dead By Daylight ones, and giving Jason more mobility makes him more threatening. I understand that.

But then, sometimes in the gameplay it looks like Jason will be chasing someone and just teleport directly into a survivor and grab them for the kill. Unless the player has a pocket knife, there seems to be no way avoid death once you've been grabbed. Is there a cooldown or a limit on how much Jason can teleport? What prevents him from teleporting right next to a player whenever he sees them?

So far the only thing making me want to refund this is the constant teleport grabs.
Really surprising that they saw this and thought "This is okay. Push it out as-is."

What mixer are you using? Mine is starting to die out. I might actually just go ahead and replace the entire setup.

>omg grip is broken and boring
why are survivorbabs having such a hard time adapting

>no-mic vanessa with number for a name swings at me as i leave on the boat

#justchadthings

Q1202USB.

I also have a Q802USB which is fine but the EQs are better on the 1202. They have pretty good preamps on par with Scarlett

yeah
Though I found that whenever I am playing Jason I know that the other people have mics more often than not I end up going full Scooby Doo villain in attitude with my fucking with them

There ain't nothing to adapt.

All I gotta do is spam 1 and it's over for them.

Unless they bring 3 fucking pocket knives.