>Honda makes good cruisers
Yes

4th for Hyosung

No.

touche my dude

>Sold his meme bike for an R6

I may have a problem

and the maymays keep on flowin to this day

how do i empty my 50cc moped from gasoline?

>close fuel valve
>start bike
>let it run till it stalls out
>disconnect fuel line from tank
>open fuel valve and let tank run empty
>disconnect carb from engine
>open the cup thingy from carb and let it dry

anything else or is that it?

Yea, you need more bikes

>he thinks his memes are good

Faggot, I bet you daily your bike too.

I should probably get a bike without knobbies at some point.

What's wrong when daily riding a bike?

I just failed the NJ MVC Motorcycle permit written test FOR THE THIRD FUCKING TIME!!! HOW THE FUCK DO I PASS THIS SHIT WHY DO THEY HAVE SUCH OBSCURE FUCKING QUESTIONS??? I'm seriously fucking going to kill myself. I get so fucking anxious riding my bike illegally. How the fuck can I pass it next week???

With*

Study the handbook. It's not hard, dude.

Wow I didn't think of that thanks you dumb nigger

>that's the joke

efbwueufyuwef

>Yamaha makes the best bikes.
Sure OK boss.

>NJ MVC Motorcycle permit written test
Are they giving you questions NOT answered by the handbook?

You're not wrong, as much fun as dirtbikes are the street isn't bad either.

don't forget to suck whatever is left in the cylinder through the exhaust

How long does /dbt/ take between 'routine' airfilter maintenance?

Those all your bikes?

Maybe I should do my airfilter more often. Once a year, here. This is just the crap I didn't already blow off and then wash off.

does the KLR really deserve the reputation it gets as a cheap reliable do everything bike?

Seems a little too good to be true for such a dirt cheap vehicle. I see them everywhere on craigslist though and I need to hear some real reasons why I shouldn't buy one. I hear people say "DR650 is better in every way" but you look at the used market and you can get a klr with the same year and miles as a dr650 for like $2000 cheaper. Any klr owners in this thread?

I'm not in new jersey but I passed the MA test the first try and only got 1 answer wrong. I didn't look at the book once. All I did was take all the practice tests I could find on google. I probably took variations of my state's test like 25 times before I pretty much knew all the answers.

The Dr and xr are both better bikes in every regard besides wind protection and stock tank, which can be fixed for under $600 for both issues

In what ways are they marginally better? Is it really worth it when you factor in price and availability? XR and DR are both more dirt oriented from what I've seen, and they're both harder to find and generally much more expensive than the handful of used KLR's out there.

They are like 70 lbs lighter and much easier to maneuver, and they make more power.

That's what I figured, my budget is like 2300 so I'll probably end up getting a klr. Cheapest DR I could find is a 2005 for $3k. A little much for me but the seller claims only 1082 miles.

The weight of the KLR seems a little much to deal with but I won't be loading it up with much so it should be managable. Looking at a 2001 with 6k miles on it right now for $ 2200

I just sold a '99 DR650 with 21k miles for $2k flat. You aren't looking hard enough

why two /dbt/'s?

Well I am really looking only in my own state. If I wanted to cross border there is a '99 DR650 for $2225 with 17500. I'm looking for something with low miles in really good condition though. The KLR I'm looking at seems like it barely saw any offroad use at all. All original with almost no wear at all.

That's the difference in price I mean though.
A near mint KLR with 6k vs a DR with 17k thats seen some shit and had a ton of offroad use. I don't see the value with the DR

If the Dr is less than 400 miles away I would 100% go with that

What do you thing the MPG of a 550cc 4cyl from the 80s is?

Probably 40-50

What motorcycle would /dbt/ use for the Mongol Rally?
>London to Ulaanbaatar.
>Must be less than 125cc.
Postie bike is the obvious choice for me.

Hi. I'm completely clueless when it comes to bikes. I don't know anything besides a few names like Harley and Davidson. But I'm interested. So I have two questions.
1- Is maintaining a motorcycle easier and less time demanding than owning a car? Y/N? And if yes, how much less time would you spend maintaining a bike as a fraction of what you would spend on a car?
2- Call you give me an example of a motorcycle that is necessarily Japanese and the most comfortable money can possibly buy? A bike with a full seat, back support, that is easy and comfortable to take on a ~100km trip or just to the other corner of the city, regardless of price but necessarily JDM.
I promise to not post again here, I'm sorry if these questions are retarded and thank you for the attention.

Kinda yes, kinda no. Motorcycles are easier to work on IMO, but they require more periodic maintenance. Oil should probably be changed a little more frequently than in a car, chain has to be cleaned/lubed, valves checked, etc. Cars are a lot simpler since you just gotta keep up on oil changes and you're solid for a hundred thousand miles.

I dunno anything about that shit because it sounds like you want a cruiser and I know nothing about cruisers.

i figured this might be the place to ask this

i want to build a custom motorcycle one of these days, but im contemplating transmissions, so I want some input:

>what brand/model/type of transmission do you prefer? why?
>which do you think is the most easily available motorcycle transmission out there?
>cheapest?
>which is the easiest to maintain/repair?

>pic unrelated

ktm 125 xc-w

Motorcycles have the gearbox on a bike is built into the engine, they do not work like car transmission at all.
It's a dog selection box which is why they can do the clutchless shifts without doing damage.

am i crazy for wanting to try and cut and weld things to work?
be honest

the engine i had in mind won't be from a motorcycle, so there would be work to be done to get things together

im just in the idea and planning stages right now, though

Yes thats retarded. they are so god damned complicated that i managed to get my gearbox to always be in 2nd gear while also selecting another gear by having 2 washers in the wrong spot, one was about half a millimeter wider than the other washer and they needed to swap places, that was it.

pic related is what most motorcycle gear boxes look like.

N+1

You make think Wiley is the dumb nigger but I bet he already has his permit/license.

On my WR450 if it looks like it has any dirt on it at all it get's cleaned.

Throw that K&N into the garbage where it belongs and get a proper foam filter.

Get a Bergman 650

Dirty air filters are why top ends need to be rebuilt.

Yes, you're going to spend a shit load more time and money for a worse end result.

>Japanese and the most comfortable money can possibly buy? A bike with a full seat, back support, that is easy and comfortable to take on a ~100km trip or just to the other corner of the city, regardless of price
Sounds like you want a car

>Found a '96 gs500e for $1000USD in the next town over
>wouldn't have been able to check it out until my days off on the weekend
>already been sold today
Why the FUCK is it so easy for everyone else to buy their first bike but I have to wade through a sea of Harleys and "wul it used to start but idk why it doesnt now lol"/"it only needs a new battery and alternator and starter and brakes lol"/"it was only dropped once and I don't have the title brah" crapbikes just to rarely find something that gets scooped up quickly

What does dee-bee-tee think of Marc-ey Marq?

Maybe up your budget, $1000 will hardly get you anything that runs. GS500's are that cheap for good reason.

Well the nigger that bought it went right after work when he saw the ad for a good deal. What was your excuse.

Fast as hell but a giant faggot.

I have a not-part-time job? I can't go to the next town over and buy the bike then come over with my work schedule until I have a day off

$1000 isn't my budget, but you're right

>R3

Sad!

>the next town over

How far is it to the next fucking town?

Work is 8 hours, you have 16 extra in a day to get other shit done.

Far enough. Plus not all of us forgo sleeping 8h a night (and possibly going to the gym...) like you do.

You spend 8 hours at the gym.

SWOLE
W
O
L
E

I dunno mang, I swept up my bike because it was a crazy good deal and I drove with a buddy for quite a few hours to get it on a work day. Got back late as fuck, had duty the next day too. Needed tons of caffeine to stay awake on watch and the day took forever to be over, but it was worth a great deal.

Opportunity is more often made than presented. If you're just waiting for a great deal to fall into your lap without inconveniencing you in any way, you're gonna be waiting for a while.

>work 8 hours
>drive 2 hours to buy bike and 2 hours home
>sleep another 8 hours before work tomorrow
And you still have 4 hours to spare

He'd rather get his participation trophy.

>Here I am world alive and everything, good shit should happen to me with no effort on my part or I'll bitch about it.
REEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>literally cannot skip a gym day or miss an hour of sleep
You're not going to get any sympathy here, bud. The good deals sell quickly, the sooner you realize that the better.

Why is he a faggot?

The whole brake lever incident was just ridiculous. Not a Rossi fan either but it was painfully obvious what happened.

Oh, I just read about that. I haven't heard about any drama from him recently. He's very young. Maybe he just needs to mature a bit. I would hate for him to continue being an asshole, because I absolutely enjoy watching him race.

Do they make bikes that look anything like this anymore

>sympathy
Growing up my dad always told me it was right between Shit and Syphilis in the dictionary if I was looking for it.

>Nobike? Start here:
>Damn right

ZRX 1200 is the most recent

Took my ktm for a god blessed rip today.
Was ripping all over the mountain side
Hopped onto a highway and walked a gixxer
When I passed him shit came out of my ass and landed on his face shield.
Pretty good fucking day.
Rode all the way to pussy lake where I waded in the pussy for the rest of the evening

I love this meme, makes your shitposting worth it desu

Nice

Post more tacoma

yeah you keep buying shit bikes

>that tiger
>that ktm
>shit bikes

Reminder for everybody living in the smoky PNW to clean their air filters at the end of the season, the ash will clog it right up.

rec me a beginner bike that can ride on highways with classic aesthetics, but that's not a harley and doesn't have a harley look. pics desired

Sv650, look at the pics yourself

Indian or triumph

>tfw gonna go ride by 4 of them this weekend and hope my property isnt on fire when i get there

been snowing ash all day too

i like the way it looks, but i hear bad things about suzuki

>KTM
>not a shit
Uwotm8

How do you guys feel about coverage for roadside assistance, theft, or vandalism? I once crashed on mountain twisties where there was no reception. Ask if want story. I also live in NYC where theft is a real threat. A friend of mine had two bikes stolen this year, one in New Jersey the other in Pennsylvania. Doubt vandalism is worth it, dont know what itd cover and deductible issues.

I have a garage and live in a white suburb but I'm always out and about. I also have a crappy motion sensitive barn lock. Have cover but usually only use for weather not as a deterrent.

Consider in investing in moving to a place with less niggers

They're race ready bikes, not the most reliable but have premium components.

Im saving up for a bike and car first.

3.14/10 bait

Also both of the stolen bikes were gixxers. Must be because of the hot demand and massive market for squiddies favorite bike

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to feel better about your jap scrap

the lack of direct sunlight is nice though

Lmao you were being serious? KTM does make bikes fast enough to compete with japs but their reliability is more than a meme. I'd take japan folded steel over indian curry crap anyday. I personally have considered a KTM for their styling so meme harder on me kiddo.

The fuck is this? A wildfire? Or an organized terrorist group driving down the roads chucking cigarettes into the brush?