I bought my first car

did i fuck up? is there a better car i could have bought for the same price? shit i should know?

> '17 mazda 3 hatchback touring 2.5

>those rear windows
what's the fucking point.

should've gotten a civic for 3k or something actually good for the same price.

how much did you pay? 4600 off msrp truecar is actually pretty decent

>first car
what the fuck
my first car was older than i was

civic is ugly

i mean i drove an 04 jetta that blew up and a 97 ram 1500 that wasn't safe at 45 for a while but those weren't mine.

this car is way uglier than an 01-05 civic.

you could've gotten a ton of different better cars for 22k.

name some that are as good if not better looking both on the outside and inside with the same performance if not better

camry does not count especially after toyotas shamefull ass advertisement

*shameful

also calling out my plaid jammies and pink laces in the reflection before somebody else does

g37
m45/56
2010-11 335i
CC vr6 4motion executive
e350 coupe
gs350
v6 accord

>g37
ugly
>m45
ugly
>m56
16 city 24 highway
>volkswagen
lol not after the first one exploded thanks though
>e350
20 city / 29 highway, german car lol
>gs350
only the recent models look nicer and they cost more
>honda kek
nsx wannabe begone

you're either picking ugly ass cars or overshooting a 22k budget

the accord v6 is 30k and looks exactly like the new civic which is horribly atrocious

if i wanted a sedan i'd have married and had kids already

shit taste confirmed. kys.

not only this but for the right price none of them are new, either

bad experience with used cars so far -- going to avoid that travesty.

thanks for the input though. i see you like german cars but cost of owning them is too high especially if they're already used/old.

it's called buying used. buying new economy cars is retarded.

Looks good but you should've got a used one. I saw a grand touring for sale for like 15k the other day

infiniti g series is just plain old ugly desu
looks like middle class suburban housewife car

q50 is where the good shit happens

>hurr durr i'm too stupid to pick a used car
so you buy from carmax and get the warranty. lots of those were cheaper than 22k even if you factored in 3k for the warranty.

didn't want a used car -- i don't have a good experience with them, as said before even in my first response

>warranty
>used car

i don't think you get it
used cars are not something i want
i don't care about the warranty, especially if i'm going to buy the warranty and not have to use it, then the car is a piece of shit after the warranty.

rather buy new and have the car for 10-15 years and then buy new again

except you won't keep it that long because you'll run away scared at the first 1000 dollar repair. should've just leased like the pussy you are.

>leasing

i'm not that poor, senpai

You did well, OP. Mazda makes great cars.

Lmao that car looks like it has aids

best c-segment car. Good choice

Pretty good for 22k.

Tons out there much better for the same price, but they'd pretty much all be used cars.

I've seen V8 mustang go for 25k though, if rather that. Even if I hate mustangs, it's a rwd v8

01-05 civics are ugly as fuck, what are you smoking?

can't do wrong buying a Mazda

Probably does but I'm gay so we're perfect for each other.

Funny enough I had the budget for a new GT but decided it's better I didn't and just went for something more economical for a first time car I'll mostly be commuting in.

so is 22 including ttl?

Fair enough.

Having owned almost a dozen cars now, I won't touch a new economy car. If i buy new it's got to have power, otherwise I'll buy a used shitbox dirt cheap.

Is there something they're well known for that I haven't heard before? I guess their resale is crappy but I haven't heard anything bad about them really.

I just looked at a ton of reviews and this was the best looking car with most standard features & decent power.

My only complaint is probably leg space for rear passengers but I don't have many friends so it's not a big deal. And maybe no Android auto. But I can flash that I think.

Correct. USAA deals are nice.

It's got some pretty nice get up and go for a four banger. 184 horses and lb ft torque. I guess there's a turbo in the makes for my 2.5l engine too.

Veeky Forums is literal busriders . Nobody ever likes anything here especially if its new and god forbid its a crossover you can carry actual friends in.

No one makes turbos for skyactiv. Adding boost to these high compression engines is probably the best way to kill people, and I don't mean on the road.

And no one likes boring subcompacts with auto transmissions either because there is nothing to talk about with the exception of how its better than public transport

They did it with their SUVs

Corksport will be making them I think?

This board is full of children, of course no one here appreciates a sensible daily driver.

Good buy mate

God damn those engines in the SUV were garbage though.

Got a loaner CX-7, and our of all the vehicles i've driven, that was by far the worst. Worse than any shitty Hyundai or budget beater I've driven too.

My car was in the shop so long i ended up going through about 6 courtesy cars, after the CX-7 was a shitty rusty Elantra. I preferred to drive that pos than the CX-7.

Not bad at all, and the specced out GT hatch as well. It is a manual right?

You should hack the infotainment to add Android Auto

except this isnt a subcompact you mongrel

Because life is too short to drive boring cars. If all you need is an appliance to drive to work there's no need to spend 22k on it. A civic for 3k is perfectly adequate. Sure it might cost some money every now and then but it'll be cheaper in the long run.

>car breaks down because it's a 20 year old piece of shit
>sure you can fix it for cheap with parts from Rock Auto, but it'll take a few days to a week
>end up being late or missing work
Time to grow up kid

Oh right, you work at a fast food joint

It's very easy to tell you're a kid with no real responsibilities.

you guys are retarded.
>car breaks down
>take it to mechanic
>get a rental
>it's done in a day or two
almost no problems come out of the blue and strand you. All the repairs I had to do on my 3k civic i saw coming and planned accordingly.

no just a poorfag like me

>repair from a mechanic exceeds the value of the car

People like nice things. A $22k Mazda 3 is loaded with nice features inside, is more fuel efficient, and will last much longer than an old ass $3k Civic

impossible for one singular repair. but even if your repairs exceed the value it's cheaper than buying a new shitbox.

And thousands of dollars later you're still driving an old shitbox. Life is too short to drive rattleboxes for the rest of your life, get ahead in life and buy something nice

loaded with useless features you mean. and suffers from shitty modern car design. mpg is equal in the real world.

>durr they're useless because I say so
Why don't you go drive a modern car instead of being butthurt about only being able to afford a 20 year old Civic?

Mazada 3 isn't a nice car kiddo. Why didn't you at least buy something fun?

Challenger SXTs are in the same price range someone might compliment you on that and they can be fun.

A mustang 4 eco boost can be fun and mustange bros will complement you.

Hell for that money you coulda bought a C6 corvette and i gurantee someone will complement you.

No one walks up to a Mazada 3 owner and says nice car.

i don't drive the civic anymore. I spent 14k on a car with a v8 and cooled seats.

>calls other kiddos
>while having the same mentality of a kid himself
>"durr you can get this SL55 AMG for the price of a lightly used Civic"
Literally Jalopshit tier thinking

I'm not even OP. But he made a good decision by buying a well received economy car that has also been noted to be fun to drive and the most fuel efficient in its class
He can always buy a weekend car later when he moved up to a higher paying job
He's living within his means while you're crying about it

>15 year old LS430
Enjoy your gas guzzler

>unironically suggesting a V6 Challenger and a memeboost Mustang as alternatives to a fucking Mazda 3

Anyone who thinks the Mazada 3 is a nice car and anything else is settling

If you can't afford the gas on a V8 ypu can't afford a car.

If you can't afford the upkeep on a 3k civic you can't afford a car.

Stop supporting the kid into thinking the Mazada 3 is anything else than teenage or singlemom teir of car.

>No one walks up to a Mazada 3 owner and says nice car.
Maybe not in your circle of ricers. Hopefully you'll grow up one day and realize that people have different priorities

Jesus fuck you really do sound like a kid

^

Brand new Mazda 3 that you don't have to worry about for years.

Good choice.

damn that front end is LOOOOOONG

I think it's the angle but yeah for a small car it is pretty long. I like it, it doesn't look really wimpy

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I'm feeling good about my purchase

I have a 2014 Mazda 3, made in Japan even, and it's been nothing but a joy to drive. The steering is so much better than any other compact car I test drove.

The hood is longer than most cars in its class because the engine has a huge exhaust manifold.

The only other new car you could get for less than $22,000 that would be really fun is a Fiesta ST but that's even smaller.

You could spend 25% more and get a BRZ or WRX, but then you'd be buying premium gas and getting worse mileage at the same time all while paying more insurance too.

You made a good choice.

Corksport have made a turbo kit for it so be ready for that.

Unfortunately I just have the 2.0 (CS having no plans to make a turbo for it), plus I wouldn't be too confident adding an aftermarket turbo to a 13:1 compression ratio engine anyway.

Oh really. It's still fun the way it is, OrangeVirus tunes the 2.0's to make the same power as the 2.5's which is nice.

It's still a great car from stock, my gen 2 is fun to drive, i'm assuming the gen 3 would be more fun.

is the turbo going to be a good idea with the high compression this engine already has?

i have the 2.5 so i can get the corksport turbo kit but i'm just worried about my block splitting or exploding lmao

Can't fuck up more than I did.

Spent my entire savings on a lemon car that doesn't work. Only driven it 3-4 days in the past two months. Problems keep popping up and now I have 1000 credit debt in just fixing it.

Holy shit. Either this is really good bait or you're a fucking retard.

shoulda gotten a nissan altima, it's the best mom car for moms like you user.

My dad owns one. I've driven it dozens of times. Mazda makes cars that drive and run great, but comparing it to a really bad sports car like a mustang just makes you sound like an idiot.

>this car is way uglier than an 01-05 civic
lol
no