Forced Induction Thread

Post your FI cars here. So turbo/supercharged/nitrous.
Lets see them.
How do you like them?

I'm wanting to do something with my 95 5.0 GT. I've been running a basic heads/cam/intake setup for 4 years making 334whp. Want to do some kind of FI. Leaning towards turbo/supercharger. More-so to supercharger as I like the idea of longetivity and instant-torque.

I plan to keep the car for a long time it's super clean and I've had it since i was 16 6 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UFy68b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

personal experience here

I had a 92 5.0 Fox back in 2010-2012.
I did a similar setup. Bolt on 5.0 to a kennebelle 2.1 setup I got used.
It was great fun but I was interested in primarily going faster on the dragstrip and went turbo. Lot more options and room to grow on a turbo setup.

The blower will be much more fun on the street though and instant power will be more fun. Probably better longetivity too.

My Saab 9-5. $2k car with $1k in mods and it's making over 300hp. I love these things

The real impressive thing about these is the sheer amount of torque they manage to squeeze out of relatively low displacement engines.

I like when the whistles go WOOOOO

It made a huge difference in my rx7, it added alot of low end bump. Try to find a twin-scroll turbocharger. It gives low and high end power.

dat comp out angle!
You can get Mitsubishi TD05 16G that spin to opposite way, would make a much nicer install.

If I were OP I'd go supercharged. There's just something about a supercharged V8

Fair warning, you will split the block above 450 crank hp.

I have a twin scroll here, used to drive a NA v6, now have a twin scroll turbo 4 cylinder with more HP. Nothing beats NA bois (except maybe a supercharger)

looking for 400-450whp.
I have a 351w that is hot tanked/cleaned. Having a manley rotating assembly for it. Just going to enjoy my 302 til it pops.

My '14 GT is my first supercharged car with the exception of a 98 GTP i had that doesn't really count.

I've done a lot with turbo DSM's over the years between 400-500whp.

I'd say that even at 300-400whp the DSM felt faster but mostly because of the way the turbo comes alive and also just because you're in a tin can where you feel everything.

For street manners and just all around fun you can't beat a good blower setup. My TVS setup on my GT is ridiculously fun on the street as it comes alive instantly and torque is there whenever you want it.
Outside of WOT it drives like stock too. Drivability with a decent sized turbo around town can be a bit more tedious but still easily doable.

From what it sounds like you want I'd definitely say go with a blower. For longetivity I'd go with a roots style. Centrigual is still a great setup though and often will do better on the top end.

Is that a Roush?

5.0 Supercharged with a tune. Putting 503hp to the rears.

Muh abarth

Tiny engines with high boost threshold is p gay for a DD. I miss an automatic and torque for traffic but this thing is fun as fuck when you are driving moderately aggressively to canyon carving

>Forced Induction
>nitrous

its clearly a saleen you dumbass

What do you guys think would be more fun in the long run? A cammed/tuned 2zz swap or a 1zz turbo with forged pistons/rods?
I just love those choo choo noises man

I think I know a Shelby when I see one you misinformed cunt.

tarbo or nuthin fagboy

>turbo lag
nothx

There are nice supercharger kits available for the 2ZZ-GE. But if all you want is a rush of torque and choochoo noises then you can do a 1ZZ-FE turbo for cheaper.

>autism, the post

I'd have more fun with a turbo probably.
I have a 94 Grand Prix SE Coupe with a L67 swap. Intercooled, bolt ons, 3.2" pulley.
Lotta fun but its easy to max out the stock supercharger. Turbo would be more fun on the smaller motor.

I think superchargers are more suited for v8's that supplement the already good torque.

Does this even count?

>Pressure Cooker/Crockpot in engine bay
what a time to be alive

this thread will die. FI cars usually make power.
Veeky Forums is trash and drives nothing but shitty na econoboxes and glorifies them to make themselves feel better about not being able to afford anything that isn't bottom of the barrel shit-tier

Question regarding superchargers:

How do they operate in regars to the engine. I understand crankshaft pulleys and RPM, but reading upon a supercharged Mercedes from the 1930s, the supercharger would activate only when the gas pedal was fully depressed. Does/did it have some kind of bypass to allow the engine to run N/A when driven gently, thus better fuel economy, but boost when you wanted or needed it? How is the technological progress?

How else am I supposed to stay fed on the road?

Might've been some kind of clutched supercharger.

The strain they put on the crankshaft is a factor in reliability and the instant hit of power maybe detrimental to the drivetrain.

Gone are the days of unreliable turbo power. A modern single turbo system is dirt simple and with an easily servicable, cheaply rebuildable turbocharger.

Theres probably 2 foot of total vacuum line on my system

well with the throttle plate partially closed the super is pushing against it and not fully boosting the engine, at rpm below like 3000 its not going to boost at all but above that you might see a few psi just from the speed of the compressor

Why would you waste Veeky Forums's server space with an image this bad. You do know this is an image board, right?

Here's my current setup, GTW 3684R(6262) made 366kw on a stock motor with e85

Because I was sitting on a curb and my car was there

You took a picture of that tubro'd mom ford that happened to have your car in the shot. Next time just post a stock photo of your car.

how do you tune ?

I can post the same picture I always post of my car if it makes you feel better

poopercharged

my dsm has a 20g turbski

thats a nice picture of a fucking street you got there

ausfag?

if so join the aussie Veeky Forums discord
discord.gg/UFy68b

I'd charge that pooper

Clutch on the pulley and a vacuum operated bypass plate. Progress wise, still get clutched blowers like SC12,SC14 and SC20 and bypass plates still used like Eaton M45, M90, M112.

Love the puke tank, where did you pick that up?