How much longer till we hear the bankruptcy?

How much longer till we hear the bankruptcy?

Other urls found in this thread:

ktbs.com/3investigates/elio-motors-where-s-the-money/article_c2ab7338-8a18-11e7-8985-7f608c05edcb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brother was going to buy one for his commute (hour each way) to save from putting miles on the cars he likes.

He said he'd still buy it, but it's not going to happen.

These things are always a fucking joke.
You get marginally better fuel economy for huge sacrifices in everything else.

they actually think burgerland will wait literally forever for them to finally deliver this shit while literally decades go by.

even if they released it in this exact moment, it would already be kind of too late.

"5 star crash test rating"
Still waiting to see that

I wouldn't have bought one but I'm not dumb enough to pre-order a product that doesn't yet exist.

just dont crash it you tard. Surely you can at least stay off the phone while commuting?

Yes but soccermoms in their 4000lbs SUVs can't

Not too long, they only have like $40k cash left or something

which he will probably use for a ticket somewhere lol

They fleeced millions from investors. We will never see a working model.

this

It's never going to market.

If he hasn't already left the country I'd be shocked.

>When you wait so long to make your car whose sole selling point is gas mileage that electric cars have been created and your vehicle is no longer needed.

Just after Tesla.

If its classified as a Motorcycle that rating is Bullshit regardless.

Also Vaporware.

Fuck mass production, I want a spec series with an incredibly cheap buy in.

For a while I thought this would work, it all seemed so plausible

And what's really irritating is that there are existing companies producing 3 wheel road legal vehicles with a fraction of the money they've already blown through, and in less time, but they don't get the media attention...

>other motorists are responsible and smart

Miata

I don't believe it can be justified to take that long to develop essentially a bike with a shell.
It was a scam from the beginning :\\\

It's a bike with AC, what you'd expect?

If it is classed as a motorcycle that means you need a motorcycle license to drive it and they are harder to get than a car license.

They decided to scrap the Geo Metro engine and develop a new one. Apparently their working prototypes with the Geo engine were pretty good

Why? Why not make the first gen with the geo engine and if it sells then consider developing a new one?

My suburban is 8000 lbs

Because that's the obvious thing to do

Permissible weight? Because the curb weight is claimed as 5600 to 5900 lbs.

Only America could make something with 8000 lbs of components an not one redeeming feature.

Because it doesn't squeeze money out from the investors.
Startups doesn't make money from selling products, they make them from the investors.

Such a big and fat scam. Developing a brand new engine is so expensive that even big manufacturers don't do it unless they have to.

A used prius is better than this thing.

Use a kei car motor.

cheaper
You can buy 3 of these for the price of a new miata

California is going to increase tax credits for buying tesla. Model 3 will have 17,500 in tax credits.

>How much longer till we hear the bankruptcy?
How can people get any when the company doesn't really have a real factory? It just keeps on putting out prototypes to get money from investors.

It doesn't even have enough money to build a whole factory. And there's no point in building a factory if they don't have DOT crash rating test results plus federal road approval. If it's not approved for consumer purchase to be driven on public roads and interstates, then no one is going to buy it.

The SMART car is approved for roads, yet it is so flimsy only the most daring people buy it and go on the freeway with them. Yes, some do appear on my local freeway from time to time, but that is only because there are no side roads for them to use due to lakes, rivers, and cliffs, so they have to get on the freeway to cross over.

>"5 star crash test rating"
Any side impact with a car results in the Elio rolling over on its side. At that point, the car then drives over the Elio and crushes the Elio driver.

The Elio is so thin that there is no side crash protection. And the other problem is that the Elio has all its weight up front which makes it vandal prone. The vandals just lift up the rear end and keep on pushing up. The Elio then tips over diagonally on the pivot of two points touching the ground - the front end plus one of the wheels.

>California is going to increase tax credits for buying tesla.
That's because the federal government was decreasing tax credits for Tesla. CA decided to make up the difference by increasing credits. I think that's foolish since Tesla is just using the money to build overseas factories for parts to get away from having USA factories. Eventually almost all of its factories will be overseas.

Did anyone see this investigation the other day? They have less than $5000 cash left. It's over, the con-men have no more stock advances to play with. Good luck getting a refund on those interest free loans you all gave the company through ShitStarter.

ktbs.com/3investigates/elio-motors-where-s-the-money/article_c2ab7338-8a18-11e7-8985-7f608c05edcb.html

Have they issued junk bonds yet?

>Where the money at? Where the money went to?
>t. local resident Walkie Miles