Going to start driving UBER

I got arrested a couple weeks ago and a professional working liscense I have has been suspended, I'm going to get it back in a couple months after I go to court but my job is probably going to fire me. I'm planning on driving UBER to make ends meet until I can do my regular work again.

I got a 2007 Mazda 3 158k miles, just replaced the front struts and serpentine belt. It's got a couple of dings and dents to it but it's clean like new inside and I don't keep it messy.

Any suggestions on getting the most life out of my car now that I'm going to be using it as my primary means of making money?

Please, any suggestions are helpful!

>I got arrested a couple weeks ago.
Story time.

This, post story with bread or fuck off

It's nothing special, I'm a security guard with a liscense to carry a firearm and the cops went in my trunk and found something that they thought was something else and arrested me. My attorney says we can prove in court and I'll have the charges needed dropped for me to get my liscense to carry a firearm back but I'll still probably lose my job. The worst part is what they found doesn't even belong to me, I let my younger brother use my car and he left whatever it was in there.

Now please give me some advice so I don't lose my apartment and my gf.

I don't know anything about cars just that my Mazda 3 is ok for driving on UBER.

Bump

You're gonna be putting a fuckload of mileage on your car's engine+tires. Also depending on the price of gas in your area and how much you make (+ how good your car's MPGs are) you might just barely make a profit

Don't try to get friendly with the passengers.

I live in a city and it's mostly pick up and drop off in town, I'm going to stay away from long runs. You think I should invest in tires and make sure I get oil changes every 2 months??

How do you get a commercial passenger license if you've been arrested? Do you not need a special license to drive a taxi where you live?

No you don't need a special liscense to drive UBER, just have to pass a background investigation but I signed up for UBER prior to these events.

How is that safe? Is Uber some kind of shade tree taxi rape service?

What are you talking about?

Obviously you accept that a commercial passenger license exists for a reason, correct? To prevent criminals and rapists from becoming taxi drivers and raping or robbing their passengers. This Uber seems to circumvent this process, how is it even legal to do this?

They don't circumvent the process, your information is recorded, they perform a background check, they are insured, and live monitor you by GPS as you work.

Get with the times grandpa

>Going to start driving UBER
stopped reading right there
enjoy being kucked by the uberjews

Well no, they clearly are circumventing it. Your saying that your background checks got done before you became a criminal, so you can still drive for them. A normal passenger license would be revoked when you were charged

A lot of major airports have support for the Uber, Lyft, and regular taxi services by providing parking lots. To avoid brand names, the signs in my county typically say "Cellphone Waiting Lot". You may decide to go after airport fares that way.

Uber has some sort of secret method they rate drivers for the purpose of deciding which fares those drivers get. There's other forums and reddit full of frank discussions about Uber and their "abusive" treatment of their slaves.

You'll need camera and audio of course. Making it discreet probably helps the customer not feel threatened so don't install it right in their face. You'll need the camera to resolve any fake complaints a customer makes against you so be sure it is working with audio and video.

>I let my younger brother use my car and he left whatever it was in there.
That sucks too. If he took even partial responsibility, he would loan you money at no interest for the few months it takes to get your security firearm license back. I have a job with security clearance and I am always careful about protecting it. It's why I will not associate with anyone that has a criminal record especially felony. The clearance requires me to immediately report any suspicious contacts including those with certain types of criminal records or if they have any felony or if they were or are foreigners, etc. Obviously, I would not dare have any felony narcotics in my trunk and would not allow any passenger carrying that into my car.

>Any suggestions on getting the most life out of my car
Your personal car insurance probably does NOT cover you or the car while on Uber or Lyft. The insurance company regards that and pizza delivery as commercial activity and you need a more expensive commercial delivery car insurance. So you have to be careful not to leave a trail that the insurance company sees. If your car is monitored by the insurance company, get rid of that monitoring by cancelling it. And your GF should not spill the beans on the super rare chance the insurance agent calls you and she tells them you work for Uber.

Your car has to be less than 7 years old doesn't it?

>I got a 2007 Mazda 3 158k
Uber has an age limit of 10 years, so your car is right at their cut off. Uber has a "transitioning page" at their website for people who have cars getting close to the 10-year limit.

Faking doesn't work since Uber now inspects cars before allowing them. You also have to have valid driver insurance for your vehicle.

Picture: Uber car runs red light. It's an Uber car so shame shame on Uber. Uber bad. Uber is so rad.

as a former uber(eats) driver you think you get the power to turn down trips but you don't, many things are affected by acceptance rate

Go ahead and get your paperwork cleared to work for them, double check that it won't affect your insurance, but in my opinion you'd make more money working full time at a fucking supermarket depending on your state/city. Much less hassle too.

again

you're past the cutoff for uber livery driving, you could do eats/rush but fuck that, you will literally make no money, if it's even available wherever you are.

The only time it was profitable was almost a year ago, they immediately slashed rates after a 4 month promotion, and it's only been plummeting since.

>I got a 2007 Mazda 3 158k miles
I don't think Uber allows that many miles during their inspection.

>I'm going to get it back in a couple months
If you have been working continuously at the same job for 9 months (time varies state to state, 9 for mine), then you are eligible for state unemployment benefits which includes a check every 2 weeks based upon a percentage of your previous earnings.
>2007 Mazda
Here in Seattle, Uber doesn't accept cars that old for passenger service. And your car is not waxed and shiny so it won't appeal to passengers. What you need to know is that Uber doesn't randomly assign passengers or even to the first car available as they have many choices.

Let's say you have a 1995 Cavalier sedan. Ignore rules. Uber is not going to assign you a passenger named "William Gates" to be driven to the posh estates off Lake Washington. Uber would give you a fare that more closely matches whatever secret evaluation they make of you.

With dings and dents in the car, Uber is going to offer you the item delivery service tasks. In my opinion, a busy pizza delivery driver makes more since you are technically employed which accrues earnings towards your SS and unemployment counter.

Do Uber Eats if it's available where you are. You make money comparable to Uber taxi services (so I've heard since I only do Eats) and get to listen to your own music and don't have to deal with small talk or strangers dirtying up your interior. Check if it's available where you are and let me know if you have any questions.

Are they felony charges? If so, enjoy not ever being employed by Uber ever.

t. Someone who had felony charges and tried to drive for Uber but was rejected.

Theres severe duty maintenance schedule somewhere in users manual and just stick to that.

Sell drugs

this nigga already got caught with personal possession. I don't think he is equipped for possession with intent.

You're better getting a minimum wage job than you are driving uber. Especially if you live around black people.

They absolutely are circumventing that and a lot of other processes that taci services are beholden to. The short answer is that the government (at least in the US) doesn't seem interested in making Uber/Lyft drivers comply with the laws regarding cabbie licenses and cab medallions/plates. Its killing taxi drivers.

Same with Air BnB circumventing the rental laws and protections for customers. It also has decreased the local hotel and motel market and raised the prices of houses for sale. Lots of speculators now run multiple Air BnB places instead.

Hello there, Taxi and Limousine Commission