/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This is the Overlord tank! edition.

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack [SoundCloud] Endless Space 2 Soundtrack by FlybyNo
- Community Hub games2gether.com/
-wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/
-Stats
Planets pastebin.com/3huefXGy
Ships pastebin.com/aabCNGau

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932217873
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932777803
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>moving scouts through someone's territory counts as trespassing in ES2

What am I going to do huh? Fight your warship with 2 scouts?

>- Soundtrack [SoundCloud] Endless Space 2 Soundtrack by FlybyNo

Remember Dawn of War 3? I sure as fuck don't.

The fuck? In my games not even cravers had diplomatic problems with that. On the other hand, they just engaged them wantonly.

You're a sly one, aren't you?

soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
I just dumb copied last general

THAT FEEL when shit minor factions as mograwr

>derelict ship special project
>help them option
>this respond

>caved-in walls don't automatically get room decorations
literally unplayable
If you need monies in this game build treasuries near gold veins so your shitters don't have to go all the way to your room, as a bonus your units will be too dumb to go there and take money from there, so you'll loose a little less

>only 97 hours
Oh, don't worry. Soon enough you'll ruin your sleep schedule because you decided to spend an hour messing around with the edgy catgirl empire you made while drunk.

This game fun now?

I finished Dragon Commander again. What now? If I want to try this Endless Space should I start with 1 or 2? I've been watching es2 trailers and listening to its music for last week and I started to like this world. From what you guys post It seems that sequel is buggy and unfinished for now so I should buy es1 with DLCs, right?
I would prefer FPP, without voiced protagonist and with much more role-playing than Polish ass creed or Bioware gears of war. But yeah I would like to see it too, and I haven't even played any amplitude game yet. World and species seems so much more interesting than anything in Mass Effect and there is severe lack of space fantasy/Sci-fi cRPG.
If not them hopefully Todd will save us.

>Stellaris is fucking shit
I've been playing this shit from dawn to dawn for 4 weeks holy shit, I just stopped because my eyes can't handle more right now.

I'm picking up ES2 as soon as the new patch drops

What is the optimal size of galaxy for an 8 empire game in ES2?
Medium or Large?

You spend most of the time managing a bunch of retards, making new rooms and improvements to make them better and periodically send them out to sow chaos in the overworld just to stop them from slowing down you economy. So a basic Veeky Forums simulator

I liked ES1 very much, but I don't have that kind of autism most people here have (i.e. I liked combat), so you could start with EL or ES2 (they fix things actually).
>Endless RPG
Honestly I'd rather have fantasy(-mostly) RPG from them because IMO EL's races have less cliches than ES's.

How would I play a race of slutty space cat girl lolis? I guess Xenophile would work, but what else?

>220 year old Admiral that commanded my strongest fleet dies
>Fleet strength drops ~6k even with a replacement that has Aggressive

>Shitty empire that wants to cleanse the galaxy next to me
>beat them constantly until their ethics change and they're a shell of their former self
>They ask to be my vassal because everyone is so much stronger
>Accept
>eventually integrate them
>They're all enslaved but safe
>Want all the research bonuses on their planets
>exterminate them all
>tfw I stabbed them in the back

I feel almost bad

How could you bully Germany like this?

So Cravers depend more on raw planetary output instead of infrastructure right? Should just rush the colonizing techs, ships and weapon techs right?

Fanatic xenophile, egalitarian, so you can provide every alien with a slutty space cat girl

>start war with militaristic faction because they start blobing out of control
>smash their heads in, control all their planets with barely any loses
>Warscore barely clicking
>they are part of a federation with some fucks on the other side of the galaxy that never ever show up
>end up giving up on the war because the warscore is stuck and I'm not traveling halfway across the huge galaxy
>mfw

And now an FE has declared war on me. What a time to fucking die you old codger...

>not bloodthirsty catgirls who seek greater and greater challenges
It seems dumb until you go from hunting unfortunate neighbors to hunting federations to hunting awakened empires to hunting the Unbidden and Prethoryn to taking on LEX and having all of them fall before your Nekos.
Also testing your new toys against an unlucky empire that you grind into dust. Nothing like the War in Heaven becoming a celebration because it means more enemies to kill.

Only regret is not taking Spiritualist and psionic ascension so that I could scratch the End of the Cycle off my list.

What's your dream 4x game?

Robots shouldn't take years to build, just make them more expensive or something.

Anything with organic diplomacy (i.e. you can't declare war with everybody all the time or else they'll all gang up on everybody, you can join in somebody else's wars etc.) and interesting empire management (internal politics).

Also is that trade route good one for a first try or did I overdo it?

Spore done right

Civ IV.
It lasted me through my childhood and I've yet to find one nowadays that has knocked it from its throne.

>Somehow I'M the bad guy

>anime gladiator bird people
>their quest is about them wondering about stars and other worlds
Well, that was unexpected

>then gnashast demand that I show them I like violence (by raising military support in 2 systems)
Don't trust anything that came out of the sea.

I learned today that I can't fuck with a FE. Almost makes me want to abandon this playthrough.

Comfy fantasy city builder with a bit of strategic competition with other factions. Rather than focusing on conquest it would be more about developing your society and trading with various neutral settlements you encounter while exploring. There are random barbarians sorta like civ, who menace your people when they leave the protection of your village/town/city, so you need some soldiers to protect your trade caravans and to patrol the outlying territory. And even if you're not trying to conquer other factions you may war with them to secure resources that you need, or just be a dick and raid their trading caravans to keep them from horning in on your markets.

I imagine it as a kind of combination of Banished and Civ, leaning toward the more peaceful, economic and small scale of banished, but with resource exploitation and diplomacy features like Civ games.

You basically described Settlers of Catan as a 4x

What do they taste like?

pussy

>close to 25 century
>can't defeat the FE
Time to uninstall

He fell for the tall meme, he had no chance from the beginning.

I'd like a game which you described, except where warfare is a way for development too - think being a civilization of raiders or something like that. And generally provide various ways to play that don't focus on military

But I want a race that makes every other face feel super super good. Maybe go Xenophile fanatic spiritualist. A religion of pleasing old aliens for money as a way of life.

rapid breeders

You sicken me.

Don't judge me.

If Paradox wasn't too stupid to properly calibrate Stellaris' unrest mechanic, this is the game we'd actually have.
The most frustrating thing is that they know how to make big empires difficult and creaky - they did it in CK2. So why they can't apply any knowledge from one game into another I don't know.

Do some of the main questlines in ES2 just... stop?

I had the Riftborn quests stop appearing when I was mostly ecological, and now I'm not getting any quests for my religious Cravers, and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or they're just meant to stop with no wrap-up.

Rubber and salty dust.

BUT DATS TOO CUMPLICATUD FER CASULS

is raiding or submitting to the virtual endless factory the last quest in the Craver story? Feels a bit abrupt

I want to make a mod that increases the amount of events and leviathans and shit in a game. I want the scourge and the extradimensional people at the same time as well, how do I go about this?

Have you been going with the virtual endless or just been craver?

I'm really loving all the government types in Endless Space 2 so far.

My favorite is the Militarists faction.
Oh, but you can't forget the Militarists.
And last but not least, the Militarists.

>hey I was just sneaking around looking at stuff inside your house unarmed, what am i going to do, come back later tonight with a gun and a mask and rob you?

I have been doing what Cravers were made to do.

Probably check the workshop first because I'm breddy sure there's already ones like that.
I know for certain there's multiple crises mods.

Then raid.

>beeline my scouts to somewhere in deep space
>pass through someone's fat ass border
>GET YOUR TROOPS OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

> giant snakes can open doors
XCOM NOW
REMOVE SNEK REMOVE SNEK

>everybody's complaining about militarists being too influencial
>can't get rid of those fucking pacifists

Gotcha, so going off and raiding and invading will help? was sorta biding my time until I got better slug throwers. Guess it's time to pay the Horatio a visit.

What's the best path for the Riftborn, chapter 3?

Evacuate but imprison the communion?
Disobey and genocide Coroz?
Cooperate, and do whatever?

I know the first gives a nice +4 influence on Riftborn, and the second gives +4 industry on Riftborn, but I have no idea what the third leads to.

Pacifists have some alright laws though.

If it can defend itself, it isn't a civilian ship.

Yeah but while they're gone getting their gun I rearranged all the furniture and got a new security system. Fog of war, boyo.

Is there a rollchart for ES 2 yet?

Third one is +4 dust on Riftborn.

Channel the bear.

Fuck, I can't choose between the second and third, then.

Is the third path interesting, story wise? Anything else besides the dust?

You do get the industry reduction for riftborn and manpower.

>ywn be a Vodyani's sex slave
Why live

True, and that's a fair bit more useful than just the pure manpower bonus.

Pls no bully, this is still my first game and I jammed the galaxy with max empires so there was no room.

Imma keep blogposting though.

>lose a war to an FE, lose damn near every ship
>bitter rival take advantage of this defeat, and declares war, and mops up what little I had built after the first war
>AI goes full retard and gets stuck bombarding a planet while waiting for it's armies to never show up because defense stations constantly rip them out of FTL
>I have time to rebuild a fleet that surpasses theirs, all the while the Prethoryn are inching closer
>as soon as I drive the rival empire back and start making a beeline towards their territory, Prethoryn show up in the OTHER rival empires area just to the south of my shit

Is this your average endgame or is shit really popping off?

>playing Endless Space
>somehow my pop get mad because I expand
Yeah well what the fuck am I supposed to do you fucking twats?

So did paradox fix the AI terraforming everything for no reason bug in 1.6?

>too many places to live
>let's get mad about it
The plebs of Endless Space are truly special

>Playing cravers
>Declare war on everyone
>Just eat a slave race now and then
>100% ecstatic everywhere

It's annoying, because you're forced to forced to spam infinite markets and shits to keep them happy.

>Playing Cravers
>Switch to a Pacifist Dictatorship
>Everyone's mad as hell

>still cant get past 5 pops on a level 2 ark
fix this shit already amplitide

Pretty standard. Crises fuck the place up and then some.

You are transported into the Endless Space universe, as the tenant of a swanky apartment in one of the galaxy's largest metropolises.

In order to be able to pay the rent of your apartment, you need to choose THREE of the following applicants as room mates:
>A devoted Horatio who is very interested in convincing you to imitate the perfection of Horatio as closely as you can.
>A Craver. It insists that it's separated himself from the collective. Might be a bro, might try to butcher you in your sleep.
>A busty Lumeris who admits to have a rather large amount of debt she owes to a crimelord that isn't afraid of collateral damage.
>An eccentric Sophon that will turn his portion of the apartment into a makeshift laboratory. He might create wonders, he might create madness.
>A Hissho weeaboo. He recently found out about vintage Japanese cartoons and boy, he will not fucking stop watching that shit.
>An Unfallen that has brought along several giant plant pots in which it is growing its children. You won't have just three room mates for long.
>A Riftborn. It sculpts a time bubble about the apartment that it warps on a whim. When you leave the apartment, you might be in the past or the future.
>A Vodyani. You have to cover up for him when pets start going missing in a mile radius around your apartment block.
>An Amoeba hippy that constantly invites around other scumbag Amoebas. Watch out or your apartment will become an Amoeba commune.
>A Z'Vali neckbeard who spends 99% of time playing VR games and who relies on scamming people on the internet for money. Goes apeshit when net's down.
>A Gnashast that keeps out of your business and expects you to do the same for him. Shame he keeps flooding the fucking bath every day.
>A female Tikanan xenophile with an unhealthy interest in you. The likelihood of surviving coitus with her is infinitesimal.

No they did not.
In fact they made it worse by adding the tech where you can terraform populated worlds.

I'll pick the best one of them, the hermaphroditic Vodyani that keeps you around as her own personal cockpolisher.

But you need 3
Who started this herm Vodyani meme?

A Hissho weeaboo
A Gnashast
A female Tikanan because I crave death

God, when he created entropy.

Also,
Horatio
Z'Vali
Riftborn

Riftborn puts Horatio into a masturbatory timewarp and Z'vali never reaches the day the power goes out. Then he doesn't have to worry about being around life for ages once i kill myself.

Fine, I pick three of them. I can take it.

> The likelihood of surviving coitus with her is infinitesimal.
Never tell me the odds.

So what does that event that makes your empire spiritualist in Stellaris do? Do you get to pick which trait it replaces?

I'd have sophon invent fuck suit/drug for her
it's funny I've seen this pic recently

Is the Riftborn unique dust building any good?

It looks useful in long-games, once it gets up to more than 50 dust raw after 50 turns.

Anyone able to upload these mods to a mega?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932217873
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932777803

Buy it already, you fucking cunt. Stop begging.

>Vodyani's sex slave
>Not having a Vodyani so in love with you she keeps trying to trick you into being put into a cloth so she can love you forever.

I wouldn't trust this to dust converter

>mfw

potatoes.